Worst Disney Vacation moment

surfsupdon said:
New Years Eve 2002.

The rain came down and flooded Epcot like none other. It was a deluge. And people were wet and grumpy and packed like grumpy rats in all the pavilions.

If that was our only "worst," however, we should consider ourselves lucky.

And, by the way, this was the only time I ever remember wishing I was elsewhere than at Disney. I was that miserable.

Yep! I was there, but in MGM. I remember complaining that I got the bottom of my jeans wet getting off a bus. That was an understatement. But made it a good night, bought ponchos and walked the Osbourne Lights. Later on I squeezed tons of water out of my shirt and jeans.

And the next day made up for it, cause I got engaged!

Scooter

I've had just 2 bad experiances at Walt Disney World.

1) My wife and I were standing at Caseys in The Magic Kingdom waiting for the music and fireworks to begin. We had our arms around each other. It was a very romantic evening and a very romantic setting. As we stared at the castle changing colors, and as the music and fireworks began, the guy next to me got out his cell phone and started screaming at someone on the other end of the line about some work project that wasn't finished and how he needed it finished because he needed to get paid. It totally destroyed the mood and ruined the end of an otherwise wonderful day.

2) I laid in bed at the Polynesian Resort for 3 days with the flu and a 104º temperature while my wife galavanted around the parks by herself. I told her to go alone ...there was no sense in both of us staying in a hotel room for 3 days. She got some great video and I got to watch them when we got back home. IMHO, There is nothing worse than being sick at WDW. :cry:

FigmentJedi

On my first trip, I didn't get to see Tapestry of Nations or Illuminations due to bad weather. I never got to see Tapestry of Nations in person as we were busy doing other things in the other parks, so I never got to see it, EVER. Though I have seen it online, it's just not the same experience I would have gotten if I saw the show.

bgraham34

When a little kid spilt ice cream all over me and the parents just laughed and said kids and there ice cream. And they just walked away. I could not beleive it.

Kwit35

There is no such thing as a bad memory at Disney. No matter what happens there, I am just happy to be there. However, I did pass out once. I slipped getting off the parking lot tram and hit both my funny bones. I passed out cold. My parents still bought our tickets and when I came to, I was sitting on the side of the fountain in Epcot. Not a bad memory, just funny to imagine my parents dragging my limp body into the park. Once I came to, we had a great day (but some sore elbows).

Gucci65

jmaxwell007 said:
sorry, disney parks are not the place for bikini tops (unless at one of the pools or water parks, etc etc) i just think it junks up the place. im there to see the scenery of WDW not some girl, i dont care how good she looks.

AND might I add that the bikini top wearers are usually older women and rarely are the tops where they should be. They are usually two inches above the belly button.

I'm not picking on older women (I am 38 myself), but if you KNOW that gravity has taken over don't force everyone to figure it out for you!

starkey6

I usually go with either my mother or my friends, but last year for a very special occasion, I went with my entire family. Everyone was fine except for one of my sisters. She was cursing in line for the Pooh ride about how long the line was and how annoying little kids were, etcetera, etcetera. At AK she pulled a "psycho" and ran from my entire family crying and screaming at us. She also designated me her fast pass girl in MGM. She made me run from the stunt show to Millionaire to Star Tours just to get her stupid passes. :fork:

PS- She was 31 at the time...I love her, but definitely NOT on vacation. That was the last vacation I will ever try with her. :hammer:

RnRJoe6114

hi people i new herre
My cousin went with her boy friend and on iasw at the end she stukc her arm out and the boat jerkd forward and broke her harm

MagicalMonorail

I've never had anything too terrible happen at WDW, but there has been a few bumps in the road.

Last year, my mom's key wouldn't work at the turnstiles. We had to wait for the CM to change it. We also had to have a CM print Fast Passes for her. Not fun.

Also, I had a very scary experience on the TTA. We were going through one of the tunnels, and I stuck my hand out to touch the sides. Then all of a sudden, the ride jerked forward. My arm got a really quick snap. It was OK, but it was scary. That's why you must " keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times."

WDWwolfpacker21

Im 15 and rarely go off but i did on these two ladys. The first one was right before Wishes. Me and my girl had sat at the railroad station for over and hour waiting and her comes these two redneck ladys who pushed my girlfriend out of the way and in fornt of us. I lost it. Security ended up removing them from the park after they dropped a few f-bombs. Luckily they didnt here my redneck jokes.

The second time we were walking to the monorail station when this lady in her 30's pushing an empty stroller while her kid was walked, ran over my heel. She was running. The second time i turned around and said you can slow down. She told me to turn around and be quiet. The 3rd time she hit my gf. I lost it. The kid was behind her otherwise i wouldnt have done this but i figured what the heck. I kicked the stroller hard, i mean hard. It went side ways. I then told her to take her stoller and do things with it. She stoped and tryed to yell for security. Me and my gf ran. Got on the monorail and went to the hotel.

WDWScottieBoy

My worst moment has happened several times, each time I've been actually. I know it will happen again this time when I go next month but there's no way to avoid it....yet. So I'm sure you've guessed what it is by now and it happens to all of us. Leaving WDW has always been the worst part of my vacation.

matrod13

not REALLY bad...but still annoying...

I haven't had any extremely bad experiences...just the regular things. One of them would have to be arriving at the BC and being sooooo excited and everything only to hear they didnt have any room reserved for us. 20 minutes later they figured out they had spelled our last name wrong, like so wrong it would be impossible to pronounce, void of any vowels....And the other annoying moment was when my grandmother forgot her ticket. They were staying at the Dolphin and they were already late to begin with and then she realizes as we arrive at MGM that she doesnt have her ticket or room key. It wouldnt have been that horrible if she hadnt done it again the very next day.... :brick:

pinjim

Worst moment

Watching my dad, who once was very athletic, as he was told too many times that the bus wheelchair lift was not working and we'd have to wait for the next bus - 6 times in a 7 day trip and it usually happened during the busy times - not real sure I believed any of the bus drivers.

MKCP 1985

bsandersjr said:
Well....
My wife and I goto WDW every year in January for our anniversary. In 2003, a good friend of mine came with us and brought his psycho girlfriend. . . Tip to the wise, don't go to WDW . . . with a psycho.[/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: LMAO, bsandersjr! Feel free to post the other chapters from the wedding anniversary celebration with buddy and his psycho girlfriend at your leisure! :lol: :lol:

One question, did your wife let you keep the friend after his psycho girlfriend put you through all that? :lol:

If this thread has caught your attention, regular reading of the trip reports will reveal many "worst moments" mixed in with otherwise memorable trips.

Seriously, one thing I have learned from my many trips down is that despite the best laid plans, there will always be something to go wrong, and the key to a happy vacation is how you deal with what comes at you.

We have endured spider bites and resulting trips to the acute care center, multi-day passes/room keys that get demagnetized over and over again and won't work, cast members who won't let us park at the main building "just for a minute" while I run to the desk and get the room key re-magnetized, and themed swimming pools closed because some kid did a doody in the water (and all that was on the last trip alone!) Still, it came off as a great trip for everyone (even the spider's victim) and we hardly missed a beat.

Obviously, the death of a family member is a different matter, but outside of family emergencies and debilitating illnesses, (and psycho girlfriends) your Disney trip is what you make of it.

tigger248

surfsupdon said:
YEAH!! We even left an hour and a half before midnight b/c we could NOT take it anymore. It was disgusting, and the Guests were even worse. Screaming about how uncomfortable and "stop touching me's". We watched the fireworks from our room at CBR.

And b/c we weren't in the park for New Years, we went last year to make up for it, when it was beautiful.

And b/c it was so nice, we are going again this year.

So I guess the opriginal "worst" has lead to 2 "bests!"

I know what you mean. They left early too, but I don't know how early cause I was working. I do know that they stayed as long as they could stand it. They were really upset because we never do anything cool for New Year's and this was a chance to change all that. We haven't been for the holidays since and I don't know when we'll have another opportunity to go at New Years. (my dad has a crazy work schedule, he works in Africa and has limited time off)

Nansafan

Scooter said:
I've had just 2 bad experiances at Walt Disney World.
2) I laid in bed at the Polynesian Resort for 3 days with the flu and a 104º temperature while my wife galavanted around the parks by herself. I told her to go alone ...there was no sense in both of us staying in a hotel room for 3 days. She got some great video and I got to watch them when we got back home. IMHO, There is nothing worse than being sick at WDW. :cry:

Being with a sick kid comes a close second. We were staying at the Sheraton Anaheim on our first trip to DL. We were to be there for 2 full days with a travel day on each end. On our first full day, my son, 9 at the time, said that he needed to use the rest room. We had been in line for Space for about an hour then (pre-fast pass). I asked could he wait, he said no so he and I left line. It was late so I told the rest of our group we'd meet them back at the hotel. We left, stopping to get a big shopping bag. We missed the hotel shuttle bus and jumped in a cab for the $5.00 ride back to the hotel. As we stepped out of the elevator well, :hurl: he got sick. We got back to the room and I called housekeeping and reported that someone had gotten sick outside of the elevator. He fell asleep immediately upon reaching bed. All of a sudden, he sat up and :hurl: again, all over the bed. Had to call housekeeping to get fresh linens. The maid was awesome. She left me more sheets and extra towels. He continued to get sick all night and part of the next day. I had to do laundry because he had gotten sick over all the clothes I had brought for him. By the time we returned home, my cousin used up 4 barf bags on the flight, my brother was green and I spent the next two days in the bathroom. The last in our group got sick 2 days later. We're lucky we did so much the day we arrived because we all lost time at some point during the trip.

tigger248

I agree with it being miserable to have a sick kid. When I worked there, my aunt, her friend, and her friend's six year old came to visit. The six year old got a massive ear infection, which apparently he's prone to. I was out at midnight (or some really late hour) trying to find an open drug store to buy some children's motrin. I ended up getting the medicine and due to a high fever, we spent the entire next day in centra care. It didn't affect my vacation, just my day off and time with them, but it really affected their vacation because they lost an entire day of their four day trip. Luckily they were able to fly home because (unluckily) his ear drum had already burst.

TheOneVader

stitchlvr said:
On our recent trip we had a bad experience at Universal Studios (I know, not Disney, but during our same trip to FL).

We were waiting in line for the ET ride, and an older man right in front of me in line decided to light up a cigarette in line. I asked him very politely not to smoke in line, around my children. He got very nasty and said I didn't have to be behind him in line. I pointed out the fact that there are designated smoking areas and he should use them, and the rules posted on the wall right beside us clearly stated that smoking was not allowed in lines (or I believe anywhere in that section of the park, which was geared more towards kids). After a heated debate, I decided for the sake of my kids to drop it, and I turned my back to him and talked to my kids quietly. He then butted into our conversation and started with me again, after I tried to drop it (meanwhile, cigarette still in his hand). He refused to put out his cigarette and got right in my face. I thought he was going to hit me. Of course this was the one time in the day my husband was not there with us (he was riding the Mummy) and I'm not one to EVER get in a fight or get loud...I'm usually very quiet and don't cause trouble. But he had me so mad by this point that I refused to back down.

My 13 year old decided to start hacking and coughing like crazy, just to get the point across and it certainly didn't help matters cause he only got more angry. His wife just stood by and looked the other way (I think she was afraid of him too). A park employee walked by and I called her over and asked her to ask him to put out his cigarette. She left to get someone else to talk to him, meanwhile, we were screaming at each other and it wasn't pretty. Finally security arrived and they pulled him aside while we entered the ride, but during the name/passport stupid pointless process entering the ride, he ended up entering and got ahead of us. We intentionally stalled and stayed behind while he boarded the ride, and he ended our encounter by flipping me and my kids off as he rode off on his little bicycle.

I don't have a problem with people who choose to smoke, so don't get me wrong. But I do have a problem with people who don't follow the rules and smoke outside of the designated areas. And I witnessed this many times in all of the Disney parks and US and IoA.

:brick:

Yea, I know what you mean. One time, when in Epcot, we were leaving the park, and, as you probably know, it's really crowded and peopel are touching each other because they all want to get on the tram and stuff. Well, when we were still in the park, some guy with a ciggarette decided to not hold it in his mouth and he was holding it in his hand, about waist (sp?) high. I accidentally bumped into him and got burned by the cigarette.

Rora

I had to walk around MK after being in bed for 3 days for severe sunburn. It was so bad I had half dollar sized blisters on my chest and back. And of course, all day long people were bumping into my back while waiting in lines. *shudder at the memory*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom