Worst Disney Vacation moment

mrtoad

I came down with Strep Throat while there. My wife and I had adjoining rooms with my father, his wife and 2 kids. My youngest brother was 4 and gave it to me. I did not even know that was what I had. I just got deathly ill with a massive fever. The last day we flew out at about 7:00 at night and all I got to do was the ToT once and I could not hack it. We went back to Dixie Landings and slept in the lounge area on the couch next to my wife while she read. We had checked out and had no where to go. The worst part was the flight home as my ears were all swollen and clogged. It felt like I was getting a needle shoved in my ear when the cabin pressure changed.

scottnj1966

wrong room key

When Wilderness gave us the wrong room key.
They gave us someone else's room when they were there.

What a very silent moment. Management really didnt do a good job that day.

Imagineermole said:
When I went to WDW one summer and got heat stoke and was stuck in the hotel room for the next 2 days.
Same thing happened to my bro... last month he is 10 and he refused to drink Dasani water because it has salt in it and he thought he would get even more thirsty... needless to say he missed the parade and fireworks that night and slept on a bench inside the hall of presidents while i was takin care of him and watchin the parade out the window... that's not the worst part... it was the night of e-ride August 2nd 2004 and I was so upset he might miss it... my dad suggested we sit in the air condition and watch the hall of presidents since we are here anyway and we had to sit there and watch the hall of presidents while my brother was sitting there exuasted and miserable. It was terrible! I really don't like the hall of presidents at all and my brother might not enjoy this e-ride night expierence with me. But in the end he was fine after the show and e-ride night was my best expierence, ever! So that actually started off as the worst night but ended AWESOME!

Angie

Gucci65

Russell62 said:
My wife and three kids drove down on Sunday from Georgia. The next morning we were waiting to enter MGM when my sister called me on the phone to tell me our mother had terminal cancer.
We imediatly left, packed and headed home that day.
She passed away three weeks later. We think about that day whenever
we go to MGM. She was so mad at us because we didn't stay. :(
Don't mean to bum anyone out but that was our worst trip.

It's too early for some of these stories :cry: . Sorry you lost your Mother Russell62.

Welcome to the boards.

Buckeye

When we were at WDW in June of 2003, the SpectroMagic parade was only running one night while we were there. It had been raining most of the day. I went to the Magic Kingdom about 3 hours before the scheduled start of the parade to hold down spots on the second floor of the train station. I needed spots for me, my wife, my mother, and my children (ages 2 and 5). My wife and mom were going to bring the kids over about an hour before the parade. So, when I get to the train station (mind you, I'm 3 hours early) every single chair is accounted for and packed under the roof. So, I grab one of the tables and push it up to the rail so that when the kids get there, they can sit on it to watch the parade (the bunting on the rails would have kept them from seeing without the table). I hold the table, in the rain, for two and a half hours (my wife and kids were running late). This family comes in about 1/2 hour before the scheduled start time and the dad tells me he is going to move the table so his kids can stand at the rail. I explained to him that I had been there for two plus hours in the rain and that my kids were small and needed the table. He became beligerent, calling me names and actually tried to move the table himself. I'm a big guy, so I yanked the table back and made it clear he could say what he wanted, but the table and I were staying put. His wife, having the clearer head pulled this guy away before the problem became really serious. After all that, the parade was postponed several times and eventually cancelled, so all that aggravation went for nothing.

I don't know what the policy/etiqutte for saving spots is, but him trying to move that table would have been like me going over to the people in the chairs at the rail and saying I'm just going to move these chairs back so I can sit in front of you. That just doesn't seem right to me. I don't want to get into a fist fight at the Happiest Place on Earth....that's just crazy.

nickcarraway

Buckeye said:
So, I grab one of the tables and push it up to the rail so that when the kids get there, they can sit on it to watch the parade (the bunting on the rails would have kept them from seeing without the table).

Hmm. I wonder what the policy is on moving tables.

Lynx04

911 happened on the day i was suppose to leave to come home. I was stuck there for four days. The resort was very kind and gave us free rooms until we could leave. Good looking out Disney ;)

Buckeye

nickcarraway said:
Hmm. I wonder what the policy is on moving tables.

I'm not sure, but since all the chairs and benches were moved and no one seemed upset about it, I figured moving the table was OK too.

Gucci65

Buckeye said:
This family comes in about 1/2 hour before the scheduled start time and the dad tells me he is going to move the table so his kids can stand at the rail. I explained to him that I had been there for two plus hours in the rain and that my kids were small and needed the table. He became beligerent, calling me names and actually tried to move the table himself. I'm a big guy, so I yanked the table back and made it clear he could say what he wanted, but the table and I were staying put. His wife, having the clearer head pulled this guy away before the problem became really serious. After all that, the parade was postponed several times and eventually cancelled, so all that aggravation went for nothing.

I don't know what the policy/etiqutte for saving spots is, but him trying to move that table would have been like me going over to the people in the chairs at the rail and saying I'm just going to move these chairs back so I can sit in front of you. That just doesn't seem right to me. I don't want to get into a fist fight at the Happiest Place on Earth....that's just crazy.

Yep, I've had that happen before as well. But I've only been holding spots for two other people and they are usually on a potty break. Never fails - some *(&*%&#%^% person always tries to push you off the sidewalk you've been sitting on for 2 hrs.

Officer Tigger

A couple of things come to mind for me and my family on this topic.

A couple of years ago my oldest daughter was 18 months old and her first trip to WDW. 1 week before we were supposed to leave she got really sick. So bad that we spent four days in a childrens hospital with her.....trip cancelled.
Thankfully she is doing excellent and no lingering problems.

Back in 2001 a disgruntled employee jumped from the top of the Contempory while we were eating dinner inside. Didn't affect our dinner, but just the fact that it happened while we were there made it a bit uneasy for the family.

Jenngusto

Officer Tigger said:
A couple of things come to mind for me and my family on this topic.

A couple of years ago my oldest daughter was 18 months old and her first trip to WDW. 1 week before we were supposed to leave she got really sick. So bad that we spent four days in a childrens hospital with her.....trip cancelled.
Thankfully she is doing excellent and no lingering problems.

Back in 2001 a disgruntled employee jumped from the top of the Contempory while we were eating dinner inside. Didn't affect our dinner, but just the fact that it happened while we were there made it a bit uneasy for the family.

OMG! That would be so disturbing!!

LouDisney

Mine is not really a bad experience, but one of those be careful who you go with. I was there this past May with 3 friends, now 2 of them are Disney regulars like myself, the other one is a Mickey Mouse nut, she loves him and has every since she was a little girl. You would not believe this girl's collections of MM things. Anyway, she had not been to WDW since she was 7 and the only park then was the MK, she was so excited to be going, as we all were. She meet a guy about a month before our trip and fell in love, still she was very excited about our trip and she went. The first day was MGM and she was excited and had a great time. Now we had a full 9 days, WDW and Universal and IOA, after the first day, she became unbearable, she was hot, her legs hurt, this was all just to much, she would walk ahead of us threw the other parks, like she was rushing us, we didn't :lol:
I learned right then, that after many years of vacations with her,(she was always fun and great) but this being our first WDW trip together that I would never go back with her again. I really believe she missed her boyfriend and wanted to be home.

I DID NOT let it ruin my vacation at all.

disneygirl_wdw

I went with my family to celebrate my 13th birthday and my parents wedding anniversary. The night we checked in my mom got a phone call and told us that my grandmother had passed away. We had to pack up and head home the next day. My parents ended up spending their wedding anniversary in a funeral home. After the funeral my mom suprised me and we headed back to Disney World the day before my birthday.

tigger248

disneygirl_wdw said:
I went with my family to celebrate my 13th birthday and my parents wedding anniversary. The night we checked in my mom got a phone call and told us that my grandmother had passed away. We had to pack up and head home the next day. My parents ended up spending their wedding anniversary in a funeral home. After the funeral my mom suprised me and we headed back to Disney World the day before my birthday.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. :( It's horrible to get that news at disney (my grandma died during my college program, though not the same as while on vacation).

But, welcome to the boards! :wave:

By the way, what part of Louisville are you from?

disneygirl_wdw

tigger248 said:
So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. :( It's horrible to get that news at disney (my grandma died during my college program, though not the same as while on vacation).

But, welcome to the boards! :wave:

By the way, what part of Louisville are you from?

I live near the airport. It's practically across the street.

tigger248

disneygirl_wdw said:
I live near the airport. It's practically across the street.

Cool! Hello neighbor! I live off Dixie Hwy, but I go to UofL and work at Six Flags so I drive past the airport practically daily.

tigger248

shari71 said:
Small world...I live only a hour and half away from Louisville and often go there to shop on weekends.

"It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small, small, world"

:lol: :lol:

Cool! Yep, Jasper is definitely close! My brother and sister-in-law live in Evansville and I noticed that we passed Jasper on the way to visit them on I-64. I only remember that because of the race fan in me and thinking about Jasper Engines. :lookaroun

disneygirl_wdw

tigger248 said:
Cool! Hello neighbor! I live off Dixie Hwy, but I go to UofL and work at Six Flags so I drive past the airport practically daily.
My boyfriend lives realy close to Dixie Hwy and goes to UofL Speed School. I attend IUS across the river.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom