Worst Disney Experience

Todd H

My worst WDW experience was not guest or CM related. A few years back, I volunteered to keep my youngest son while everyone else went to ride Splash Mountain, since he was not tall enough to ride (as an aside, he will be tall enough for the first time when were at the Magic Kingdom in 26 days!!! YAY!!!). So, after the whole crew (wife, two older kids, my father and my wife's mother) left to queue up, I went over to the smoking area right there by Splash/BTMRR and had a quick burn. Then I decided that we would walk around the Briar Patch and browse while we waited for everyone to finish riding. So, I walked over there and parked the stroller and went to unstrap my son from the seat and it was then that the smell just took my breath away. My little guy was just swimming in feces. It was everywhere. It must have been an inch deep in the stroller. So, I hurriedly ran over to the POC bathrooms, totally forgetting that there were bathrooms right where I was located, and locked myself in the family restroom for probably a good half-hour while I cleaned him up. I needed a good tub to plunk him down in to wash him and he wouldn't fit in the sink (I tried). Meanwhile, everyone's done with Splash and my wife is calling me to find where we're located and I'm not answering the phone because I'm up to my elbows in feces, so she's freaking out. It was a fiasco from the get-go and one Disney memory I will never, ever forget.

I had that happen once when my little boy was about 1.5-2 years old. Don't feel bad. It happens to us all. :)

sublimesting

I had my first and only issue with a CM on our trip from last week.

My wife who has been to WDW 6 times prior had never seen Beauty and the Beast Live show in DHS due to a variety of reason. She has always gone Christmas time so there was generally a xmas show there. Anyways, my kids and I decided to surprise her and planned on Sunday to go to the 5:45 showing.

We did Star Tours @ 5 with a 10 minute wait (thinking we had plenty of time) but it turned out MUCH longer so we ended up getting off ST @ 5:40. My wife as waiting for us since she doesn't do ST so I said "let's go" and started walking. We walked very quickly to get there and as we approached my kids and I had to use the restroom badly. We told her her surprise which made her very happy and said to go in and save 3 seats and we would be right there since we used the bathrooms next to ToT.

When we headed up the ramp they had it roped off as it was @ capacity. I told the CM that my wife was in there and saving seats as we had to use the restrooms. She said, "sorry, it's full. You can't go in." I said to her that we had seats saved and she said it doesn't matter unless we had "blue cards" to get back in and basically called me a liar cuz she said "they hear that all the time". I even showed her the text my wife sent telling us where she was. This CM was the biggest bi&ch I have ever dealt with and basically told me I was S-O-L. I texted my wife telling her what was going on and she came down towards us. The witch of a CM and another moron CM who now was doing nothing to help saw her and didn't say a damn thing. They STILL would not let us go in. I NEVER lose my temper in public or cause a scene so when I went up one side of her and down the other, my kids were shocked. She never apologized or offered a solution and was just being an outright bi&ch.

I abruptly walked to Guest Services and they also did absolutely nothing other than offer us VIP seating to one of the shows on the Friday we were going to be there. The guy there barely offered an apology as well.

I was livid and angry for the better part of an hour after. I have never had any experience like this in WDW in the 4 times I've been there nor had my wife in her 7 times. I've only had a couple of mediocre experiences with CMs in the past and this trip so this was infuriating as I wasn't even asking for anything special........just to get in and watch the show with my wife.

We didnt use the VIP on Friday as we went to an earlier show that suited our schedule better but did get to have my wife see the show.

Yeah, you need a blue card....

drp4video

After over 30 trips to WDW, I have really never had a bad experience, unless you count food (Portobella in DTD..made me sick). Crowds between Christmas and New Years would be about it, but that can't be helped, so I just don't go at that time of year anymore.

DizneyPryncess

My bad Disney experience was during my second anniversary. I started feeling sick on our drive to Disney, which was 18 hours in the car. I spent most of the ride sick.

When we arrived to Disney, it got worse. I had horrible nausea & just laid in the shower most of the time. I didn't leave our room for days. We spent half our trip with our biggest experience being shorts walks around Port Orleans. The last few days of our trip were great, and we added an extra day onto the trip to use the last day of our tickets. But overall - not my best trip!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Intense.......................is this better

How about this. This is always fun on the eyes!

Or the best one ever is this one: It MUST be highlighted or quoted by someone else to even be seen!

There will always be someone that dislikes everything that isn't the normal default font. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
How about this. This is always fun on the eyes!

Or the best one ever is this one: It MUST be highlighted or quoted by someone else to even be seen!

There will always be someone that dislikes everything that isn't the normal default font. :shrug:

^^
See!

CamiLyn227

I've been to WDW 15 times and there always seems to be some little mishap that at time seems to be quite terrible, but when I get back home I laugh about it and hope it never happens again. Sometimes things just don't work out they way you want them to. But in the scheme of things they are really just minor. I always have a ton of fun at WDW and I guess that's why I am planning my 16th and 17th trip. I've experienced just about everything "bad" that could happen at WDW (or any vacation). Everything from being sick to dealing with lost items, and coming into contact with hateful people. Most things I look back at and laugh. Here is something "bad" that happened when I was there this past July....

I had just bought a few souvenirs at the Magic Kingdom on our way to ride Splash Mountain. My items were in one of those blue plastic Disney bags with the castle on them. While riding Splash Mountain I placed my bag between my feet. I figured it would be the safest place. After I got off the ride we went to sit on the curb on Main Street to watch the lights parade. It was then that I noticed my leg....
blueleg.jpg

The items in the bag were dry, but all the ink from the bag was now on my leg! It was pretty embarrassing, but also really funny. I got several weird looks later in the evening.

I've come to the conclusion that nothing is ever as bad as it seems really. If nobody died, it was a good day.

Epcotbob

You should rent a vehicle. We do every trip. We went with friends one year and they always, always got back to the rooms far later than we did when they rode the buses.

Last time my son, brother and I went, that's exactly what we did. My brother though it was strange that I was renting a car when we could use Magical Express and busses, but it was only around $100 extra. Afterwards he said that was the best decision!

ddbowdoin

HANDS DOWN... with another guest.

May, 2010... my gf (at the time, now fiance) were leaving the MK. We're park fanatics, so its rope drop to close (every day) of the trip. Needless to say, the weather was nice but regardless of heat or humidity when you're walking for 12 hours you tend just break down. You're tired, yet excited, all mixed emotions because at the end of the day you're at Disney... beats stress at work, etc etc etc.

Upon leaving the park, there are LONG lines for both the monorail and the ferry. People are patiently waiting their turn and we hear a commotion. Look to our right, there is a guy in his mid to late 30's (with his 4 year old son on his shoulders) and he's pushing through the crowd. An old (like 70's) white guy stopped him and the irate man punched this old guy in the face and started yelling at everyone " get your mother f'n hands off me, don't touch me mother f'ers"

it was nuts!

71dsp

^^ Wow, don't know who to feel more sorry for, the guy that got hit, or the kid of the guy that did the hitting. Geez, some people...

Thomas morrow

We have the same bad experience every trip its always on our last day. We go to DTD for lunch at Earl of Sandwich and do some shopping. Then as we are leaving there is this road sign that says I4 east to Orlando(we drive from PA) and as we drive onto the exit ramp the real world reappears. I hate when that happens.

PeoplemoverTTA

The "worst" part here wasn't quite in WDW, but it's still my worst vacation experience...

This past August, I developed what looked like a heat rash on my leg midway through the trip. After 5 days, it suddenly started to itch, then my entire leg became red and swollen.

At the same time, the hurricane in the NE delayed our flights, and I was not feeling well, and "stuck" in WDW (ordinarily one of the coolest things every, but not this time).

The infection got so bad I spent two days in the hospital on heavy doses of antibiotics. My family had caught earlier flights home so I was all alone. I was finally discharged and had to literally race to the AP in a cab to make my flight home. The antibiotics made me even sicker, and I missed two weeks of work after getting home...not a good time!

Oh, and I lost a crown before taking an ambulance (at POP's insistence) to Celebration Health. Kinda the worst trip ever, lol. I can laugh about it now (I still have a massive scar on my leg) that it's been a few months, but it was a really awful way to end a trip.

On top of it, the doctor took a culture and it wasn't a staph infection or anything. We'll never know what caused the rash (which led to cellulitis - the red swelling and pain). One of those freaky mysteries, I guess :eek:

To erase the bad karma of that trip ending, I took a solo weekend to WDW for the 40th...and emerged unscathed :D

Atomicmickey

My worst Disney experience was Disney's "fault". Different than what others have posted here.

I was in Orlando on business and had one day to go to the parks. I had not been there for years. I chose Epcot. I was really enjoying myself, Epcot is about my favorite place in the world.

This was a number of years ago.

So, I went into The Living Seas, one of my all time favorite pavilions. I walked into the room where they showed the first film, but it was lit up and the doors were open. You could see the Hydrolators. They were open. You walked through them--no descent, both doors open. Into a corridor of plywood, then out into a gift shop in SeaBase Alpha. There were about 10 people in the whole place. No music playing. Nothing going on. Almost an empty space. Ghost-like.

WHAT HAPPENED?

I was stunned. I sought out two CM's and said 'where's the ride?' What's going on? And they both said something like "we don't know, they don't tell us anything. Yes, there used to be something there but now it's gone.".

I left the pavilion and sat on a bench for about 45 minutes. It was the saddest Disney experience, I was worried that the whole place was going down the tubes. No explanation, no nothing.

When I ride Nemo these days, I never criticize it because it was nothing like that nightmarish visit way back when. A sign, or some info for the cast members to dispense would have been oh so helpful. Sure, I over-reacted but it wasn't much fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom