Worst Disney Experience

Crockett

Banned
The "worst" part here wasn't quite in WDW, but it's still my worst vacation experience...

This past August, I developed what looked like a heat rash on my leg midway through the trip. After 5 days, it suddenly started to itch, then my entire leg became red and swollen.

At the same time, the hurricane in the NE delayed our flights, and I was not feeling well, and "stuck" in WDW (ordinarily one of the coolest things every, but not this time).

The infection got so bad I spent two days in the hospital on heavy doses of antibiotics. My family had caught earlier flights home so I was all alone. I was finally discharged and had to literally race to the AP in a cab to make my flight home. The antibiotics made me even sicker, and I missed two weeks of work after getting home...not a good time!

Oh, and I lost a crown before taking an ambulance (at POP's insistence) to Celebration Health. Kinda the worst trip ever, lol. I can laugh about it now (I still have a massive scar on my leg) that it's been a few months, but it was a really awful way to end a trip.

On top of it, the doctor took a culture and it wasn't a staph infection or anything. We'll never know what caused the rash (which led to cellulitis - the red swelling and pain). One of those freaky mysteries, I guess :eek:

To erase the bad karma of that trip ending, I took a solo weekend to WDW for the 40th...and emerged unscathed :D
:eek: That sounds horrible. Yet it happens a lot more often than people realize. While I'm no doctor, I'd be willing to bet it was one of three things:

1. M.R.S.A. (Very contageous straph bacteria). This was the most likely cause. It used to be thought you could only catch this in hospitals or locker rooms. Yet now, people have been getting this just by wearing shorts & sitting on a bench.
2. Ingrown hair leading to straph, leading to cellulitis(sp?) More common for women.
3. Brown Recluse spider. Very painless spider bite, as most people don't even know they were bitten when it happens. But the result is very serious.

Sorry to hear that it ruined a vacation the way it did.

loveofamouse

I haven't really had a bad trip with Disney (horrible exp at US/IOA and SW, though).I've had some bad incidents, though.

One trip, we were at MK. We ate hot dogs from some small shop in Fantasyland. By the time we got back to tomorrowland, every MALE in our group was sick. My dad, my brother, my DH and my son. My DH puked in some bushes. I was prego but fine. So was my mom and daughter and my brother's GF. Apparently, the weiners only struck those with. lol. We definitely had some laughs about that one.

This one was CMs/training issues. I have a friend that works for WDW. She told us about the GACs for autistic kids. This was our first year using one. My son also has CP, but, at the time, was still using a stroller. So he got the Stroller as WC stamp. EVERY ride/show we went to at MK, despite the huge red sticker and the GAC card in hand, CMs would yell at us to park strollers and that they weren't allowed. By the end of the day, DH and I were getting irritated with it. To me, it seemed the proper response when a guest is walking up to an entrance with a stroller is to, first, see if they need help. Maybe they just wanted to ask a question. If they state they are going to ride but have no GAC, then point them to stroller parking. HS was great with GAC. But, on day 4, when we got to Epcot, I went to GS cause my son had destroyed the sticker. They gave us another one but it was white with a blue print. Whatever. We get over to Nemo and the CM actually argued with me despite the GAC and this sticker. She called me a liar and accused me of bringing a sticker over from SW. I told her to get her manager. The manager then chewed her out for being an idiot and informed her that Disney has red AND white stickers and that, nevermind WHERE the sticker came from, we had the GAC with the stamp. He made her apologize to me and gave us a meal voucher. The next year, we had a wheelchair but it slightly resembled a stroller so, for the sake of sanity, I asked for a sticker with our GAC. Well, during the afternoon parade at MK, a CM actually argued with me on whether our wheelchair was a wheelchair and if we could go to the WC seating area, nevermind the GAC in hand. Other guests were looking at this woman like she was a moron.

If you're curious, this is the WC. Looks like a stroller on steroids. lol. http://ottobockkids.com/product/kimba-spring-pediatric-wheelchair/

Last Summer (2010), we were sitting on the curb in the Hub waiting for the night parade. This CM on parade control had sunglasses clipped to her shirt that she kept dropping. Often, she was too busy chit chatting to notice so guests kept picking them up and giving them back to her. At the end of the parade, she walked past my group and dropped them again. I yelled, "hey! You dropped your glasses!" I got up to pick them up, turned and stepped towards her...and went down on my side. My foot got caught in the trolley track and my shoe got stuck in it. The woman still didn't notice. I got up, gave them to her and sat back down. Well, I injured my hip while active duty so my hip hurt from the incident. I didn't think much of it. I knew I had meds back in my room and we were leaving the park. But I did notice that my leg kinda burned. As we walked back to the busses, the burn got worse. By the time we got back to the room, I thought my leg was going to burn off. When got back to the room, we finally had enough light to look at my leg. Well, the whole side of my calf was hamburger. I called down to the front desk to see if we could get some first aid supplies. They acted like I spoke Greek. Finally, they told my husband either he had to come down there and get them or they send and ambulance. Well, my DH came back to the room. They gave him a bunch of tiny packs of neosporin. That was pretty much it. That night, I couldn't sleep cause the burn was so bad and even the light touch of bed sheets put me to tears. The next day, we spoke again to the front desk who told us to go to a pharmacy for supplies and bring them the receipt and they would reimburse us. DH went to a pharmacy and got me guaze and tape, peroxide, more neo and pain spray. Total was about $12.50ish. When he went to the front, though, they told him we could only get reimbursement by contacting legal. What?! For $12.50 of supplies that should have been in ANY first aid kit?! Whatever. For the rest of my trip, I was in so much pain. If my skin moved, it burned. If my muscle moved, it burned. if my shorts or pants touched it, I was in pain. Even the shower made me cry. I couldn't take my kids to the water parks as promised cause the water hurt so bad and I couldn't get in with an open wound anyways. I got no sleep for the whole trip and days after cause bed linens hurt. Let's just say I am completely convinced not to ride motorcycles. lol. I couldn't imagine roadrash at high speeds! Well, after our trip was over, we contacted legal. We kept getting the run around for a month before I finally put my foot down. The rep asked me what did we want from this. I told her that, originally, we just wanted the $12.50 back but now, since I have a huge scar on the whole side of my calf and the roughness and run around we got at the hotel, I just wanted my hotel cost back in some form(i didnt care if it was cash or a voucher). She said, "Well, we can't do that much but we can give you $____." :O :shocked: "What?! My hotel cost was only about $400 so I'll take your $____!" She should have asked how much my hotel was first. LMAO. I guess she assumed I was an out of state resident when I'm military Florida resident. So, while I still have a bad scar from it and the pain didn't go away for weeks, it ended well. lol.

Dwarful

Early Christmas Day morning at Coronado Springs resort. Our family (group of 13) were waiting for the first bus to MK. Other families started to arrive at the front bus stop. The bus pulls up and the last dad to arrive (family B) grabs his family and starts to head for the bus first. Another dad (family A)decides Family B isn't getting on that bus first and he grabs the guy. Fists start flying and not one other person moves towards the bus. We were close to the front entrance and pretty soon security showed up. Neither family was allowed on the bus that morning. The dads were yelling, the wives and kids were crying....Merry Christmas to all. Everyone on the bus was watching as we pulled away. very sad to think a great Christmas at Disney was ruined because two grown men couldn't get on the bus in an orderly fashion. Def. the worst ever Disney experience.

worst moment

after 9/11 all the cm's told my mother Not to bring purses inside of the park so she decided to leave her purse which had her money inside the car. after a fun day at magic kingdom we drove back to our hotel to find a good portion of my mom's ( and my brother and sisters) money was gone. it was impossible that it was missing. the car was untouched. but not all the cm's in disney are nice people. we know the cm's got into our car and stole the money! it was ridiculous that it could have happened and put a damper on the entire trip :cry:

Crockett

Banned
Early Christmas Day morning at Coronado Springs resort. Our family (group of 13) were waiting for the first bus to MK. Other families started to arrive at the front bus stop. The bus pulls up and the last dad to arrive (family B) grabs his family and starts to head for the bus first. Another dad (family A)decides Family B isn't getting on that bus first and he grabs the guy. Fists start flying and not one other person moves towards the bus. We were close to the front entrance and pretty soon security showed up. Neither family was allowed on the bus that morning. The dads were yelling, the wives and kids were crying....Merry Christmas to all. Everyone on the bus was watching as we pulled away. very sad to think a great Christmas at Disney was ruined because two grown men couldn't get on the bus in an orderly fashion. Def. the worst ever Disney experience.
:eek:
I'd be willing to bet both Dad's were either from: Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, or one of the Carolina's.

What a way to set an example for their children. :rolleyes:

Joshua&CalebDad

I'd be willing to bet both Dad's were either from: Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, or one of the Carolina's.

That was a pretty sad situation but even sadder is your ignorant remark. :mad:

I am a transplanted northerner who has lived in the south for over 20 years. I can tell you from experience that trashy people come from every part of the country.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

The sheer ignorance of that statement is overwhelming. Thanks for continuing the stereotypical typecasting of the south that has been done for years.

Surely belittling five whole states has made you feel better about yourself and your family.

Crockett

Banned
Surely belittling five whole states has made you feel better about yourself and your family.
My family & myself are from just outside of Loisville. We now live in OH, but I was raised in KY & lived there 20+ yrs.

I was laughing with my brother, not poking fun of him.

unkadug

My family & myself are from just outside of Loisville. We now live in OH, but I was raised in KY & lived there 20+ yrs.

I was laughing with my brother, not poking fun of him.

Surely, if you were indeed form Louisville, you would Know that "Loisville" is spelled Louisville.

I call your bluff.

And don't try the typo thing as you have already gone back to edit the statement once. :rolleyes:

G00fyDad

Surely, if you were indeed form Louisville, you would Know that "Loisville" is spelled Louisville.

I call your bluff.

And don't try the typo thing as you have already gone back to edit the statement once. :rolleyes:

So you're basing his honesty on his spelling? For leaving out a "u"? LOL He probably is from Loohavull. We all say it differently around here. However, not many say it properly as Louisville (Loo-iss-vil'). Looeyville is pronounced all kinds of different ways here. ;) We even have t-shirts with all of the different ways to spell and pronounce it. ;)

product_thumb.php

Crockett

Banned
Actually it was a typo leaving the "U" out as nobody in the history of mankind has pronounced it Loisville. But it wouldn't matter either way since you believe what you want. :)

Goofygirl07

That one. Sorry I didn't quote it earlier, I was in a hurry. But I get that now it's supposed to be a joke, but I don't see the humor. Maybe I'm just not understanding on why it could possibly be funny...

unkadug

That one. Sorry I didn't quote it earlier, I was in a hurry. But I get that now it's supposed to be a joke, but I don't see the humor. Maybe I'm just not understanding on why it could possibly be funny...

Nor do I. I think it just a slur against the good people of five whole states.

I really think a public apology is in order from Mr Crockett.

Tink ッ

I haven't had any really bad experiences at WDW, but I did get a bit annoyed at some other guests one time. This was in MK as me and my friend were trying to find a good spot for the parade. We found a spot near the front with only a few others. They were clearly a group together, but they sat very spread out, and each person had a lot of space around them. So we asked politely to get some space there. But the group refused to give up any space, because they didn't want to be too cramped.

Another time was in January when me and some friends decided to celebrate our birthdays in Cinderella's Castle. The first thing that ruined the experience was two of my friends who were a couple and they decided to pretend like they had just gotten engaged. Of course, that took most of the attention away from our birthday celebration. Other thing was that since we celebrated our birthday at the Castle, we decided to dress up, and as it was an evening in January, it's safe to say it was very cold outside. So when we decided to head back home, we had to wait for the bus for over an hour as it was late. We ended up standing in a massive group hug to try and keep just a little bit warm. I got so cold I wasn't able to get the warmth back in my body until I took a very hot shower the next day.

Crockett

Banned
Nor do I. I think it just a slur against the good people of five whole states.
Indeed there are good people down there...great people. This doesn't mean we always conduct ourselves perfectly. It was just a joke toward MY people down there. This does not make us bad at all. If you cannot joke about yourself from time to time...you might as well hang it all up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom