Worst Disney Experience

Crockett

Banned
We witnessed a man getting his nose broken while in line for SSE. The guy in front must have elbowed him or something. He was bleeding like a stuck pig.
The victim was immediately offered a free meal voucher.

DisneyCanadian

I had my first and only issue with a CM on our trip from last week.

My wife who has been to WDW 6 times prior had never seen Beauty and the Beast Live show in DHS due to a variety of reason. She has always gone Christmas time so there was generally a xmas show there. Anyways, my kids and I decided to surprise her and planned on Sunday to go to the 5:45 showing.

We did Star Tours @ 5 with a 10 minute wait (thinking we had plenty of time) but it turned out MUCH longer so we ended up getting off ST @ 5:40. My wife as waiting for us since she doesn't do ST so I said "let's go" and started walking. We walked very quickly to get there and as we approached my kids and I had to use the restroom badly. We told her her surprise which made her very happy and said to go in and save 3 seats and we would be right there since we used the bathrooms next to ToT.

When we headed up the ramp they had it roped off as it was @ capacity. I told the CM that my wife was in there and saving seats as we had to use the restrooms. She said, "sorry, it's full. You can't go in." I said to her that we had seats saved and she said it doesn't matter unless we had "blue cards" to get back in and basically called me a liar cuz she said "they hear that all the time". I even showed her the text my wife sent telling us where she was. This CM was the biggest bi&ch I have ever dealt with and basically told me I was S-O-L. I texted my wife telling her what was going on and she came down towards us. The witch of a CM and another moron CM who now was doing nothing to help saw her and didn't say a damn thing. They STILL would not let us go in. I NEVER lose my temper in public or cause a scene so when I went up one side of her and down the other, my kids were shocked. She never apologized or offered a solution and was just being an outright bi&ch.

I abruptly walked to Guest Services and they also did absolutely nothing other than offer us VIP seating to one of the shows on the Friday we were going to be there. The guy there barely offered an apology as well.

I was livid and angry for the better part of an hour after. I have never had any experience like this in WDW in the 4 times I've been there nor had my wife in her 7 times. I've only had a couple of mediocre experiences with CMs in the past and this trip so this was infuriating as I wasn't even asking for anything special........just to get in and watch the show with my wife.

We didnt use the VIP on Friday as we went to an earlier show that suited our schedule better but did get to have my wife see the show.

No sympathy from me dude, should have planned the timing better. If the wait to Star Tours ended up being longer than expected, why not leave the line and head to the show.

This entitlement mentality is what is wrong with the world today, particularly North Americans.

DisneyCanadian

My worst experience happened waiting for the bus heading back to the resorts. As you all know, scooter people and families with strollers have first dibs to get on the bus.

This one dude on a scooter, you could tell was scamming his insurance company, was trying to drive his scooter up the ramp an onto the bus. After a few times and having zero luck getting in, he yelled out "F*ck it!" and picked up his scooter and walked onto the bus.

BrerKev

I think the bus system is the source of many complaints. I can't stand when those sitting on the bus try to exit before those that were standing for the whole ride. I don't like the whole "Me First" mentality.

SMS55

Once when getting in line for the... (can't remember the name) rafting in AK, these people were getting out their fast passes or something just standing there. So my parents say to go in front of them because they're not ready. I agreed, because they weren't in line. Yeah well, one had an electric scooter and tried to run over my foot *______*. Really, lady? Is it worth it? We would have sued her if I didn't run out of the way.

This used to be a problem but I think they've gotten better at it. You had people that would stand in front of the entrance to the Fastpass waiting. They would try to block you even though your time had already come. I haven't seen it my last few times. The CM do a good job of making these people move to the side.

cslafferty

My worst Disney experience was not Disney's fault at all. I used to take my children to both DL and WDW once a year from the time they were 8, 10, and 12 until they started graduating high school. My youngest daughter especially loved Disney, and was well on her way to becoming obsessed like her mother! Unfortunately, when she was in high school she became ill, and was diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder with paranoia/hallucinations (as my husband was, who had committed suicide when she was 8). We spent the next several years in and out of hospitals, trying to find the right combination of medication that would allow her to lead a somewhat normal life. In Aug. of 2010, we decided to try a trip to WDW to celebrate her 21st birthday and my 50th birthday. She was so excited and helped me plan every aspect of our trip. My new DH and I had been there for a quick trip in 2004, but she hadn't been there since 2002. Well, we arrived at the MK and had to go right to our lunch ressie at Liberty Tree Tavern. I noticed she was very quiet during lunch. When we left the restaurant, she said she wanted to go to our room. The crowds were making her nervous. I tried to talk her down, but I could see the panic rising, and wanted to avoid a panic attack. So we left the MK without riding any rides!! I remember walking out looking at the castle with tears in my eyes, thinking "I've waited so long to be here - I can't believe I'm leaving right now!!" We spent most of the week hanging out in our room at POP. We were able to get her to go on a few rides if we got to the parks first thing when the crowds were light and we could walk right on to a ride. But if we had to wait in any kind of line, she would start to panic, and we'd have to leave. She didn't feel comfortable staying in our room alone for more than a few minutes, so my DH and I couldn't even go to the parks without her. It was absolute torture being so close to my beloved place and not be able to enjoy it, not to mention the money we spent on the whole vacation (that we really had to scrape together during these hard times) just to hang out in the room. And, it was very painful watching my daughter panic in a place that used to bring he so much joy. I did more crying during that trip, and they were not the usual happy tears! This year, we have someone staying with her at home, and my DH and I are going to rekindle the magic in 26 days!! I can't tell you how excited we are!!

Theme Parkitect

caps-lock-post.jpg

QUOTE]

I don't think they ever capitalized a single word. So calm down. It's called enlarging your font.

SuperSaint

Of the 3 times I've been to WDW (92, 07, 09), my trip in 07 was pretty bad. Couple of things to note:
1)We thought we had four 4-day park hopper passes. At least, that's what she told me. We thought we'd have 4 days in the parks, easy. Turned out it was four 1-day park hoppers and we didn't find out until the second day.
2) On our first day, we had an argument because I wanted to look at the pool of our timeshare resort while we waited in the long check-in line.
3) GF at the time had been to Disney several times and I hadn't been there for 15 years. She didn't have any interest or patience in doing a whole lot while there.
4) Did no prior research, so we believed fast passes had to be paid for and the GF didn't feel like investigating it.
5) Our first day was spread between three parks---not easy.
6) The timeshare resort we stayed at offered free professional portraits. On the second day we planned on going to the parks, our appointment to do the portraits was 2 hours late. She was furious and it lead to terrible pictures. We didn't go to animal kingdom until 3pm that day and then we found out we only had four 1-day tickets. We had already used up two the previous day, and now only had tickets to use from 3pm until close.
7) The second to last day of our trip was my birthday. Despite us both bringing several hundred dollars extra to use for the anything we wanted on the trip, she refused to spend the money for an extra ticket to go on my birthday. I even told her because it was during the get in for free on your birthday promotion, I'd pay for her ticket. She said she would compromise on going to a water park. She would also "let me pick where we ate dinner", and put up a huge stink when I chose an expensive buffet. She also wouldn't let me wear the shirt I picked out. :mad:
8) She was expecting a wedding proposal the whole trip. Needless to say, it didn't happen and I think that was where a lot of her apprehension was coming from. I was barely a year out of college without full time employment, with little money, and she was still 2 years away from finishing her degree because she transferred. I couldn't propose to her while I still spent my time dressing as a superhero and entertaining kids at birthday parties for $50.

We broke up the following spring for the final time and the only thing our trip did was make me start planning my next trip in the summer of 08. I went the following year with my new and current GF, and had one of the most amazing times of my life.

Goes to show--- it's not where you are that makes the magic, it's also who you're with.

But this was my worst experience in WDW, or just anywhere.

the-reason14

My worst Disney experience was not Disney's fault at all. I used to take my children to both DL and WDW once a year from the time they were 8, 10, and 12 until they started graduating high school. My youngest daughter especially loved Disney, and was well on her way to becoming obsessed like her mother! Unfortunately, when she was in high school she became ill, and was diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder with paranoia/hallucinations (as my husband was, who had committed suicide when she was 8). We spent the next several years in and out of hospitals, trying to find the right combination of medication that would allow her to lead a somewhat normal life. In Aug. of 2010, we decided to try a trip to WDW to celebrate her 21st birthday and my 50th birthday. She was so excited and helped me plan every aspect of our trip. My new DH and I had been there for a quick trip in 2004, but she hadn't been there since 2002. Well, we arrived at the MK and had to go right to our lunch ressie at Liberty Tree Tavern. I noticed she was very quiet during lunch. When we left the restaurant, she said she wanted to go to our room. The crowds were making her nervous. I tried to talk her down, but I could see the panic rising, and wanted to avoid a panic attack. So we left the MK without riding any rides!! I remember walking out looking at the castle with tears in my eyes, thinking "I've waited so long to be here - I can't believe I'm leaving right now!!" We spent most of the week hanging out in our room at POP. We were able to get her to go on a few rides if we got to the parks first thing when the crowds were light and we could walk right on to a ride. But if we had to wait in any kind of line, she would start to panic, and we'd have to leave. She didn't feel comfortable staying in our room alone for more than a few minutes, so my DH and I couldn't even go to the parks without her. It was absolute torture being so close to my beloved place and not be able to enjoy it, not to mention the money we spent on the whole vacation (that we really had to scrape together during these hard times) just to hang out in the room. And, it was very painful watching my daughter panic in a place that used to bring he so much joy. I did more crying during that trip, and they were not the usual happy tears! This year, we have someone staying with her at home, and my DH and I are going to rekindle the magic in 26 days!! I can't tell you how excited we are!!

Wow, this is a very sad story indeed. I'm sorry you guys had to deal with this, and sorry for the bad experiences leading up to the bad WDW experience. I admit I hate being in the crowds sometimes too, but reading your experience really made me feel bad. I hope someday you guys can go back to WDW as a family and have a blast.

twinfo3728

Tall guy down in front!

We were at the Magic Kingdom two weeks ago for MNSSHP and waiting to watch the Villain's Mix and Mingle. A lot of people where sitting down and we joined them near the back. As the show began a man over six foot tall moves over to the center area to watch, standing beside his five foot nothing wife, blocking the view of everyone. A lady kindly asked him ti duck down and he replied loudly "if the kids want to see then they can stand up!" really!?!?! Apparently he didn't get his sprinkle of pixie dust. Everyone moved to the left or right. After the show people were commently loudly toward him and he looked at them with a scow on his face. He did get hit in the back with a Now and Later. Totally undisney like rude dude!

G00fyDad

Our worst experience at Disney World would be going back to the parking lot after Hoop Dee Doo in 2005. My God that bus was cold!! He had the AC cranked and everyone was shivering and asking him to turn it off. He refused and kept on driving no matter how angry we all got. We were a degree or two away from seeing our breath. No joke.

G00fyDad

We were at the Magic Kingdom two weeks ago for MNSSHP and waiting to watch the Villain's Mix and Mingle. A lot of people where sitting down and we joined them near the back. As the show began a man over six foot tall moves over to the center area to watch, standing beside his five foot nothing wife, blocking the view of everyone. A lady kindly asked him ti duck down and he replied loudly "if the kids want to see then they can stand up!" really!?!?! Apparently he didn't get his sprinkle of pixie dust. Everyone moved to the left or right. After the show people were commently loudly toward him and he looked at them with a scow on his face. He did get hit in the back with a Now and Later. Totally undisney like rude dude!

I'm 6'5" myself and unless we are sitting for a parade I feel like an idiot if I don't move to the back of a crowd so others can see. I leave my family at the front since they are no taller than 5'2" but I am tall enough to see over most people so I get to the back. I'd be embarrassed if I stood in front of someone like that. :eek:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

So just because someone is tall that means they should always stand in the back. Almost sounds like a racist remark to me.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

True, one should NEVER throw Now and Later

G00fyDad

So just because someone is tall that means they should always stand in the back. Almost sounds like a racist remark to me.

I'm tall and I think it is perfectly fine to expect myself and other tall people to be considerate and step to the back so others can see. If a tall person wants to be up front and not move back then they need to sit. It's called common decency, not racism.

R W B

The way I read It was that everyone was sitting and he walked in the middle and stood up. I absolutely would of told him something too especially if he was blocking kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom