• Closing of Mr. Toads Wild Ride

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • Closing of Horizons

Votes: 52 26.0%
  • Stitch's Supersonic Celebration

Votes: 46 23.0%

• Total voters

LoveWDW2Much

I chose Nemo....BORING!!! Everytime I go back I think, well maybe I was being a sourpuss for that ride, I'll give it another chance... you think I would learn? The only good part is that it leads into the Seas and I can see TTwC after, that's definitely a funny show.

ETA:
I actually really liked that Epcot wand thing. Now it's (the golf ball... I mean Spaceship Earth) bland again.

dxwwf3

I'll give my opinion on each choice:

Castle as a Cake - I didn't hate this one bit. I enjoyed it for the time it was there. The key was, it was just there for the 25th celebration and didn't over stay it's welcome. This would be dead last on the bad decision list for me.

Epcot/Spaceship Earth Wand - Middle of the pack choice. I didn't mind it for the Millennium Celebration, but it DID overstay its welcome in a big way. But it could still be up.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends - Right ahead of the Castle Cake. I hate the over characterization of the parks/new attractions, but this one actually makes sense. They could have made the ride portion more educational with the Nemo characters instead of giving us a poor man's Submarine Voyage from Disneyland, but it isn't bad.

Cancelling Tapestry of Nations Parade - Right ahead of Seas. I thought this parade was "OK" and was fine for the Celebration, but I don't miss it.

Stitch's Great Escape - Easy choice as the worst decision ever. For me, it replaced the greatest attraction in WDW for the single worst attraction in WDW history. Enough said.

Closing of Mr. Toads Wild Ride - Probably the 3rd choice. I love my new Toad shirt that I bought yesterday at the MK and I do miss the attraction, but it wasn't the best thing in the MK and Pooh is alright.

Closing of Horizons - 2nd choice for me. This was the best attraction in Epcot history, no doubt about it. An update to the attraction would have been perfect, but they really messed up by tearing it down. With that said, I love Mission Space. I appreciate its creativity and originality and enjoy the ride experience.

Stitch's Supersonic Celebration - Pretty big mistake because they are barely getting a month and a half out of all that work, but at least it is leaving. I think the American Idol Experience was a bigger waste of money though. That attraction is a definite "one and done" for me.

WDWNooby

After sitting through this experience last week, I would have to say that Stitch's Great Escape has to be one of the worst Disney decisions I'm aware of.

Kadee

Anything STITCH is a very bad decision. But honestly, there have been quite a few bad decisions..... the cutting back on MANY attractions is awful! The shows are rushed and parts left out, the parades are rushed - no stops and fewer interactions with the guests...... there are too many to list

BUT....all that said.... I still LOVE Disney and will continue to go.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Another vote for SGE here. :wave:

Though I was a big fan of Alien Encounter, I think Disney made a mistake taking away one of the 'mature adult' type attractions from the parks. The Stitch AA is great, but could have been used in another attraction - Like Tiki Room.

Susan Savia

. Getting rid of Horizons
. Getting rid of World of Transportation
. Changing Imagination
. Anything Stitch
. Closing Wonders of Life
. Changing Spaceship Earth

CaptainJackNO

I chose Nemo....BORING!!! Everytime I go back I think, well maybe I was being a sourpuss for that ride, I'll give it another chance... you think I would learn? The only good part is that it leads into the Seas and I can see TTwC after, that's definitely a funny show.

ETA:
I actually really liked that Epcot wand thing. Now it's (the golf ball... I mean Spaceship Earth) bland again.

I will disagree with you on the Seas with Nemo ride because, if you remember, The older ride portion of the Living Seas was what seemed like a pointless 50 second omnimover ride past an aquarium. This Nemo ride, like it or not, is an improvement from the original.
That said, I miss the hydrolators and the futuristic look of the Living Seas. I hate how cartoonish that attraction has become, especially with all that freaking blue paint.

CaptainJackNO

Stitch's Great Escape.. Without a doubt the worst decision Disney made.
That may be. I stood in line for an hour to ride this for the first time. All I can say is that's 1 hour of my life I'll NEVER get back. Not worth the wait. I loved Alien Encounter. Great story and show that fit exactly into the idea of tomorrowland. STitch....errr.....no

rkelly42

They are all worthy of worst decision, I do not think you could go wrong voting for anyone of them. I personally think the refurb of SSE was a mistake I really do not like it anymore and wish they would go back to the way it was originally.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I think the closing of Horizons... Goodness I miss the orange smell.

You still have Soarin' :)

You have a good list of missteps there, but some are at least understandable.
The wand stayed up too long, but first erecting it for the millenium celebration, then a little bit longer was OK....they just forgot about it...

Cancelling of Tapestry parade was sad as I really enjoyed it, but with what it was doing to CM's I can understand it. Epcot isn't really designed to support a parade very well.

Toad and Horizons are also missed, but interest was not great on Toad, and if the physical problems were real with Horizons...I don't know.

I think they've done some interesting things with the castle....cake was just a bit over the top!

Seas with Nemo is OK, I like them finding a way to reintroduce the sea cabs/ride in the attraction.

Stitch is OK, but his infection of the parks to date have been disasters.

Tinkyroo

The changing of JII. I can't think of any other attraction that went from being one of the greatest they ever created, to one of the worst.

I could not agree more. Every time I ride the new version it saddens me. :( I had to show my kids the original on youtube so they could see how great it was in the good old days.

lebeau

I didn't think any of them were especially stupid. Some of them (like the wand) just overstayed their welcome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom