Worst Dining Places

WDWmazprty

Well, I must say I am VERY surprised by some of the responses here. It a very subjective question though and a varience of answers is inevitable. My wife and I along with a group of friends just visited in Oct '08 and found our choices to be all very good.

I must say that Tony's is nothing outstanding but isn't horrible either. The food lacks any kind of originality in taste or presentation but maybe that's the idea.

One of the locations that surprises me as being a letdow for several people here is the Garden Grill. My wife and I ate there in 2001 and had some of the best flank steak we have ever had. The additional sides were wonderful and enjoyed the resturant rotation and characters (which I understand they have discontinued). We have replicated the receipe for the flank steak and is a regular on our table at home. We are planning to return on our Jan 09 trip to eat there again. I hope the quality of the food has not suffered the passing of time.

We LOVE Boma and Whispering Canyon Cafe. The food at both locations was outstanding and we eat at Boma every trip it's a "can't miss" for us.

San Angel Inn was very, very good and the Top Shelf Margharitas were exceptional. Not sure why many do not like this place. The ambiance is also excellent.

Some of the finest meals we have ever had, recent trip no exception, have been at Le Cellier. The prime rib was unbelievable and the service was impeccable.

I have to agree with the post about the ABC commissary in HS. Simply the most horrible food I have ever had on property. In fact, I cannot recall a decent meal at HS save the Quick Service locations which seem decent.

I agree, why the ABC Commisary food isnt up to par I have no idea. Hopefully there'll be some changes soon to that place. But all in all most of the food in Disney is pretty good.:slurp:

shmmrname

Many of the counter-services are 'iffy' for us. But, that's their very nature, wide appeal and cheap, so I can't complain.

Though it could be because of my choices, I really didn't like France (downstairs) or Italy (pre-new management), and I thought the Brown Derby was a little generic in their menu options. Sorry for the lack of details... supposed to be working...

wvdisneyfamily

Well, I must say I am VERY surprised by some of the responses here. It a very subjective question though and a varience of answers is inevitable. My wife and I along with a group of friends just visited in Oct '08 and found our choices to be all very good.

I must say that Tony's is nothing outstanding but isn't horrible either. The food lacks any kind of originality in taste or presentation but maybe that's the idea.

One of the locations that surprises me as being a letdow for several people here is the Garden Grill. My wife and I ate there in 2001 and had some of the best flank steak we have ever had. The additional sides were wonderful and enjoyed the resturant rotation and characters (which I understand they have discontinued). We have replicated the receipe for the flank steak and is a regular on our table at home. We are planning to return on our Jan 09 trip to eat there again. I hope the quality of the food has not suffered the passing of time. Is the menu as varied and interesting as it used to be?

We LOVE Boma and Whispering Canyon Cafe. The food at both locations was outstanding and we eat at Boma every trip it's a "can't miss" for us.

San Angel Inn was very, very good and the Top Shelf Margharitas were exceptional. Not sure why many do not like this place. The ambiance is also excellent.

Some of the finest meals we have ever had, recent trip no exception, have been at Le Cellier. The prime rib was unbelievable and the service was impeccable.

I have to agree with the post about the ABC commissary in HS. Simply the most horrible food I have ever had on property. In fact, I cannot recall a decent meal at HS save the Quick Service locations which seem decent.

The Garden Grill was a very negative experience for us. The meats were very good, especially the flank steak. I can't remember the dessert as bad or good so I'm sure that's not the problem. My biggest issues were the veggies and service. I love 99% of veggies put in front of me. However, those veggies were cold and undercooked. Our server was exceedingly rude. He acted as though it were a burden to refill our drinks or bring my husband a second helping of flank steak. That was 2006. We have not been back since.

The Garden Grill was a very negative experience for us. The meats were very good, especially the flank steak. I can't remember the dessert as bad or good so I'm sure that's not the problem. My biggest issues were the veggies and service. I love 99% of veggies put in front of me. However, those veggies were cold and undercooked. Our server was exceedingly rude. He acted as though it were a burden to refill our drinks or bring my husband a second helping of flank steak. That was 2006. We have not been back since.

If you don't mind me asking, what time of year were you there and was it lunch or dinner?

wdwmomof3

The only place that stands out in my mind is San Angel Inn. While the restaurant it's self is amazing, the food was bland. We have been three times, in hopes of it being better, but we were all disappointed each time. I hate feeling this way too, because we LOVE Mexican food.

Phonedave

The only place that stands out in my mind is San Angel Inn. While the restaurant it's self is amazing, the food was bland. We have been three times, in hopes of it being better, but we were all disappointed each time. I hate feeling this way too, because we LOVE Mexican food.

I thought their food was good, not great, just good. I guess as you said, bland. However ....... I thought the Sopa Azteca was EXCELLET. full of flavor. Tomato, tomatillo, peppery. And they way the serve it, they put fried tortilla strips, cool avacado, and Oaxaca cheese in the bowl and then pour the hot tomato based soup over it table side. Hot soup, crunchy tortilla, cool avacado and the cheese slowly melting all at the same time. I would go back just for that soup. The rest of the menu so far, is just OK.

-dave

WDWmazprty

I thought their food was good, not great, just good. I guess as you said, bland. However ....... I thought the Sopa Azteca was EXCELLET. full of flavor. Tomato, tomatillo, peppery. And they way the serve it, they put fried tortilla strips, cool avacado, and Oaxaca cheese in the bowl and then pour the hot tomato broth over it table side. Hot broth, crunchy tortilla, cool avacado and the cheese slowly melting all at the same time. I would go back just for that soup. The rest of the menu so far, is just OK.

-dave

Ok, I want that soup now!:D:slurp:

wdwmomof3

We didn't try the soup, but it sounds good. We did like the appetizers, better than our meal. The "drinks" were good, but our food over all has always been kind of bland.

We could stop in for the soup & a "drink". I love the atmosphere in there. :animwink:

wvdisneyfamily

If you don't mind me asking, what time of year were you there and was it lunch or dinner?

We ate dinner there in July 2006. I'm sure it's had time to improve since then, but my husband and I are just not willing to risk it when there are so many other great places to eat. The only time we gave a horrible place a second chance was Sci-Fi. We orderd "real" food there (i.e. steak, potatoes). I tasted the steak again later that night. :hurl: However, we loved the atmosphere, milkshakes, and sundaes. I did a lot of research on it and found that the burgers were supposed to be great. We went back with a burgers plan and found that they were very good and cheaper than a dinner! There was nothing redeeming about the Garden Grill for us. We found no reason to give it a second chance. A lot of other people like it, though. The hard thing about restaurant reviews is they are basically an evaluation of one meal of the millions served every year.

steviej

restaurants i dont like - Cape may cafe, Tonys town square, any meal at garden grill, dinner at 1900 park fare, whispering canyon cafe, theres more, ill post when i can remember lol, gotta give me a break folks, day after new year's, have a little bit of a headache lol

BuddhasHomeGirl

We were not happy with our last meal at Rain forest, which is sad because the kids find it to be so much fun, and over the years the food there has been very good. :shrug:

But we have never had a bad meal at Boma or Ohana. :)

Phonedave

We didn't try the soup, but it sounds good. We did like the appetizers, better than our meal. The "drinks" were good, but our food over all has always been kind of bland.

We could stop in for the soup & a "drink". I love the atmosphere in there. :animwink:

The coffee with brown sugar and cinnimmon was good too, as far as drinks are concerned. I am not much for mixed alcoholic "theme drinks" (except for jungle juice :( ) I either get beer, wine, or "normal" mixed drinks (scotch, martinis, gin & tonic, etc)

I guess you could do drinks/soup/appitizers too bad they don't have bar seating.

-dave

Club Cooloholic

I know this may ruffle feathers, but as someone said, a place could be having a bad night....but I had a terrible meal at Pecos Bills. The burger was really overcooked, the fries were blah...all the toppings in the world were not going to make that thing better. I regreted not getting a burrito earlier in the day or hitting the Harbor House. Only good thing is that I had a view of fireworks.

Jasonsterling

I've never really had food at Disney World that was altogether unedible. True the food at several of the counter service places is not stellar but then those are really just fast food type places and I think you get what you should expect. The Rain Forest Cafe is probably my least favorite place on property hands down. The menu was basically TGI Friday's but the price was double and the quality was about a fourth of there. I've been twice and disliked it each time. I went a second time only because I was taking my younger nephews and the enviroment does appeal to kids and they did really love it and I'm sure they would go back anytime.

Not really the topic but the California Grill and Victoria and Albert's were both excellent. The service, food and enviroment all were great- of course the price matched the quality.

DisneyPirate85

Didn't care for CRT! Tried it last Dec, Prime rib was Dry I mean SAND DRY, had been in a warmer for awhile ordered medium was WELL done.The potatoes were almost dehydrated, also warmer for awhile. We were there for 70 minutes and didn't see 1 charactor, nope not 1 (except for photo downstairs before dinner). I will add that our waitress was very good and very attentive, she kept our bread basket full. $170.00 +tip and walked away hungary, But nice photo of Cindy, DW and myself:rolleyes:

However 50's Prime Time was GREAT.

GoofyMom2

The "Cuban" sandwich is OK. I would not call it a cuban sandwich, even though they do. Whatever it is however, is not bad.

-dave

I had a different experience....the Cuban Sandwhich just about made me ill. Rest of our food was bad as well....ABC Commisary is at the top of worst for us.

I am going to add California Grill....not because the food was horrible, but it was just OK. Service was horrible. Not worth the hype or price.

Wont eat at Boma again, didnt like it
The real expensive one at hollywood studios, i think its hollywood brown derby? that place was so overpriced, horrible food and for the prices they give u the smallest rations.
I have loved les chefs de france in the past, but im beginning to not like it as much.
Cinderelles Royal table was not so good either

Favorites are def mama melroses, liberty tree, chef mickeys, and the benihana style japanese place in Epcot, i love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom