Worst Dining Places

Monkeymama

I just don't think Disney does any Italian food right (Never in my life did I think I would say that DIsney does not do ANYTHING right!!!). I have eaten at Tutto and Tony's and Mama's and didn't like any of them. They were not horrible, just not good.

Phonedave

The sitdown restaurant "Shutters" at the Carribean Resort was another restaurant we didn't like. It was probably 4-6 years ago though, so I don't know if that experience really matters anymore. We just thought it was a very limited menu, and the food wasn't exceptional in any way.

I had some sort of shrimp there 2-3 years ago. In fact it was a shrimp app and then a shrimp entree, because my waitress commented on the "shrimp theme"

It was passable, but as you said nothing exceptional. If I was there and hungry, I would eat there, but I would not make a special trip to go there. The most memorable part was not the food, but that I had a window table, and as I sat there i watched it go from a beautiful sunny day at 4:30 PM (I was catching a plane, so i ate early :) ) to a full blown black sky thunder, rain, and lightning storm by 5:00. That was cool :)

-dave

Phonedave

Hollywood Brown Derby and Artist's Point.

HUH? But these are "Signiture Dining" restaurants! The bad news... since about mid 2008, when they cheapened their menus? The only thing "Signiture" about them is their prices. All of the other "Signiture Dining" restaurants have maintained their quality.

I haven't been to AP since that time, but I can say I have seen this at the HBD.

I still like the HBD, but it has really gone downhill. It is just not the same as it was. This is based on 2-3 or three visits prior to the start of the downgrade, and then 2 or 3 during the downgrade "hill".

I still love the mussels app that they have there for lunch (sadly you cant get it during dinner service - i have tried :) ) but now it is just run of the mill. It's not bad by any stretch, but it is not special anymore either. As you said, it kept the Signature pricing, but not the Signature dishes.

I still go there for lunch, but no longer for dinner.

-dave

WhatJaneSays

Im firmly in the camp that every restaurant in the world can be hit-or-miss, Disney or not. The few restaurants I've had truly bad experiences in have all been ones that I've been to 5 or 6 times when they've been just wonderful.

Boma is one that comes to mind. My family loves a good buffet and most of them are always willing to try something "exotic". So every time someone new comes to Disney we bring them there. We'd eaten there 8 or 9 times without issue until one night it was just a disaster. Our ADR was messed up and we had to wait an extra hour; our waitress went missing and the fellow that took her place was very rude; the food was mediocre at best and sickening at worst. My father and one of the couple we brought with us did end up sick. We've been back at least 4 times since then and so far we've yet to have any problem that wasn't quickly resolved.

I've found that most Disney restaurant are more Hit than Miss.

beerbaron

We were there in Mid December. To us, Jiko's was over rated. I preferred Le Cellier by far...even my kids keep talking about it. Mama Melrose's was good. A pleasant surprise was the fodd at the HoopDeeDoo Review. The ribs were great.

The Flaming Tree BBQ was probably the worst food on our trip. It was awful. So was the counter service place (can't think of its name) in The Land. The best part of the food in Mexico are the margaritas.

PrincessK

It's totally a matter of taste.

For me, I'll never return to Mama Melrose's. I ordered a seafood pasta dish and there was an entire squid in it. Not pieces of calamari, but an entire squid body. UGH!! Tony's is subpar, at best. I thought Cinderella's buffet breakfast @ the Castle was poor...and generally, I won't do more than a snack @ DHS.

Then there are places where I'll only eat certain meals at. Kona Cafe is a staple for me for lunch and dinner, but breakfast was gross. (I love Tonga Toast, but it doesn't love me, so I got a basic scrambled egg meal. Never again.)

My favorites include Liberty Tree, Kona Cafe, Japan and Canada.

jen2009

No Cape May

Have eaten at Cape May Cafe and the food was bad both times. The food just was not that great and thats being nice. Went on a busy day and the food moved quickly but tasted horrible. We left there hungry and went to the food court at our resort (POFQ) and ate beignets cause we were still hungry.

Have tried many places in Disney and this isn't disney standards in anyway. Sorry for those who like it.:(

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I haven't ever had any really bad meals at WDW, however some were a little lackluster....
Maya Grill at Coronado Springs it, went there for breakfast and it was okay but way overpriced for what I got.

Not a sit down but, Ghiradelli's....their ice cream was some of the worst I've had and way overrated. Tried it a couple times and each time I was disappointed. Plus the tables and floor is always dirty and the staff isn't very friendly. I've had better stuff at the Dairy Queen.

I'm also going to put a half-vote in for Sci-fi. Never had the food, we were seated there. But after waiting 15 minutes without even getting water or seeing our server we left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom