World Showcase suggestions...

Disney_Dreamer

My husband and I are heading out for a week alone at Disney on Sunday!! But I have always gone with my family and they follow a pattern and tend to not deviate from it...so we have never explored any countries other than Mexico and Norway, and that was only to ride the rides....
Can anyone give my suggestions what not to miss at each of these countries? My husband and I plan on spending a lot of time in them!
Thanks!

Pioneer Hall

Spend some time walking through each of them. Every country has a lot of not to be missed detail and many even have movie or show attractions. The detail work in World Showcase is some of the best in WDW and is definitely worth spending some time seeing

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Don't miss the film in Canada. Check out all the mosiac tile work in Morroco. And of course, you can't miss the pasteries in France!!

Oops! I almost forgot - check to see if Off Kilter is performing in England - they are not to be missed!!

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

Don't miss out on the beautiful gardens in the back of the UK or Canada. Many people overlook them because they're kind of tucked away. One of my favorite things to do is grab and drink and cool off on one of the shaded benches in the garden and people watch.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

American Adventure is a MUST!
France is also..

I would visit every one of them..they all are beautiful and have great things to see..:)

Have fun!..:)

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

Ditto to everything above, and add shopping. There are interesting things in the shops in almost every country - including clothing, toys, collectibles, food, household items, and more.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Take the day and wander thru all of them! There is so much to see...gardens, shops and the food... :slurp: . We love to lunch in Morocco .

Upvote 0

mdbeaudoin

China!!!

I always am floored when I go to China. I love sitting on the benches watching the pre-show, love the 360 presentation, am amazed at all of the authentic goods brought into the store, and the architecture of the building is awesome. And walk through the little pond area to the right of the pavillion entrance - talk about relaxing!

Upvote 0

redfive13

A great way to do the WOrld Showcase is the Segway tour!! You get to zip thru the Showcase on a Segway and you get a quick overview of what they have to offer. Then you can go back and hit the good stuff (but hen again it's ALL good stuff :) )

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Don't miss the film in Canada. Check out all the mosiac tile work in Morroco. And of course, you can't miss the pasteries in France!!

Oops! I almost forgot - check to see if Off Kilter is performing in England - they are not to be missed!!
Isn't Off Kilter the Canadian band who plays on the stage next door to Canada!?! The band that plays in the UK pavillion is a "Beatles Band" (Sorry, I forget their name now) but they play down by the little hedgerow maze tucked away in back of the UK pavillion. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We generally don't get into a whole lot of detailed looking about when we do WS because we have the kids and they aren't all that interested. The year my in-laws went with us we did something a little different and it was fun. Instead of having a dinner reservation, we walked country to country and sampled a little something from each from the walk-up counters. We would order a few things from each one and share as we meandered around. It was fun and it held the kids' attentions, too. I'd say take your time, follow your heart around each country, and keep it spontaneous. Sometimes really fun things can pop up when you least expect it. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Isn't Off Kilter the Canadian band who plays on the stage next door to Canada!?! The band that plays in the UK pavillion is a "Beatles Band" (Sorry, I forget their name now) but they play down by the little hedgerow maze tucked away in back of the UK pavillion. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

Yeah, you're right. I knew we were on our way to Canada from England when we cought their show.....

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

You may also want to check into when they British pavillion has their street show. If you time it right and are in the right place you may get chosen to be one of the extras. Also in France they have an acrobat show. Then for the Illuminations fireworks to get a good view, stake out a spot outside of Canada right by the beer cart about an hour before, there is a bench just sit down and relax then enjoy the show. Afterwards when the show is over, just wait at least 40 minutes before you leave and head out for the bus, there won't be a very large crowd. Have fun. :animwink:

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

This might sound silly, but we love to talk to the CMs about their homelands. This is a must when our kids do the Kidcot stops. But we have found servers and other CMs love to talk. (As long as things aren't too busy) We also enjoyed taking it slow and really looking through all of the shops. Have fun!!:wave:

Upvote 0

RayLaVeau

Don't miss out on the beautiful gardens in the back of the UK or Canada. Many people overlook them because they're kind of tucked away. One of my favorite things to do is grab and drink and cool off on one of the shaded benches in the garden and people watch.

This is a Great Spot in Canada too. Very refreshing! And my one of my favorites.
DSCF1222.jpg

Upvote 0

Purple413

We always start at Mexico and work our way around. We usually don't do the movies, but we love to explore the gift shops and watch the live entertainment in the evening. We also like to get snacks or drinks in the various counties. Mexico's margaritas, German beer and soft pretzel, Moraccan coconut drinks, etc. We also eat several dinners in the World Showcase during our stay - San Angel Inn, Chefs de France, etc. It's fun to take your time and just explore - you never know what you'll find!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom