World Showcase suggestions...

Disney_Dreamer

My husband and I are heading out for a week alone at Disney on Sunday!! But I have always gone with my family and they follow a pattern and tend to not deviate from it...so we have never explored any countries other than Mexico and Norway, and that was only to ride the rides....
Can anyone give my suggestions what not to miss at each of these countries? My husband and I plan on spending a lot of time in them!
Thanks!

EPCOT.nut

Italy has some pretty photo ops. Be sure to go in there and walk to the back of the large open area and see the statues and wall-art. (Duh- are those reliefs - can't remember?)

I also agree you need to walk around the gardens in China. And stop to watch the model train in Germany. There is a lot of detail there and it is fun to hear what the kids say about the train. (I mean other people's kids...:lookaroun )

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
We just had a day like this yesterday and it was great! The only time we left WS was to ride Soarin, take new pics of SSE now that it's wandless, and check out Mousegear.

We watched the movies in Canada, China and France, ate at Chefs de France, and basically wandered the countries all day. Wait til you see all the shops and the beautiful things you can buy!

Check out the miniature train village between Germany and Italy (at least that's where I think it is) it's really neat :wave:

Upvote 0

CBOMB

Isn't Off Kilter the Canadian band who plays on the stage next door to Canada!?! The band that plays in the UK pavillion is a "Beatles Band" (Sorry, I forget their name now) but they play down by the little hedgerow maze tucked away in back of the UK pavillion. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!
They're called the British Invasion, and are pretty good if you like the Beatles. All of the pavilions have show times posted outside for their live entertainment. I suggest checking them all out, and explore each pavilion at a leisurely pace. I could easily spend a week at Epcot, and never get bored.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

WS not to be missed!

My husband and I are heading out for a week alone at Disney on Sunday!! But I have always gone with my family and they follow a pattern and tend to not deviate from it...so we have never explored any countries other than Mexico and Norway, and that was only to ride the rides....
Can anyone give my suggestions what not to miss at each of these countries? My husband and I plan on spending a lot of time in them!
Thanks!

Do NOT miss the film in France (follow this up with the pastries and
the perfume shops)!
Do NOT miss the American Adventure or the Voices of Liberty!
Do NOT miss Masquerade in Italy!
Do NOT miss the 360 circle vision in China!
Do NOT miss the British Invasion and garden in the UK!
Do NOT miss the Mariachi band in Mexico!

Enough already! I just can't wait to get there myself!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

tkldisney

If you have the time and can book Segway, it's a lot of fun. I've done only once but DH & I are doing for our anniversary trip in Nov.
American Adventure is a must see, along with the Voices of America singers in the entrance of American Adventure. The film in France is very good too.
Just take your time and enjoy what you can. Make sure you try some of the beer in Germany & wines in Italy & France if you like to drink either.

Upvote 0

jim1051

Last trip we decided to buy a Christmas decoration from each country. As many of them were not really made in the countries it became a challenge. This led us to a new recognition of the types of materials available in each country which could be adapted to being a tree ornament.

Upvote 0

dizzney

This year we really explored China and enjoyed it tremendously, they have a tomb exhibit that was very interesting, my eight year old twins were fascinated. It is amazing how much time you can spend in WOrld SHowcase and still find more to do,

Upvote 0

TedsMom

My favorite place to "wander" is in the WS at Epcot. If I were you, I would take advantage of the fact that you don't have the kids with you and really "do" every country. Wander the shops, see the shows where they are offered, make sure you look in all the little nooks and crannies, go to the back of the pavillions...sometimes the neatest stuff is there. I'm thinking of England with the gardens, canada with the mine...but a lot of the other pavillions have some hidden treasures too. Take time to admire the architecture. Having been to a couple of the "real" countries depicted at the WS, I will tell you that Disney does a pretty darn good job of getting the "flavor" of the country with regard to architecture, music and so forth. Make sure you go towatd the water side of each country too...take a look off the bridges, notice the details.

Another thing DH & I like to do is "nosh" around the world. I think someone else said they do something similar...take a little sample of food and/or beverage from each pavillion.

Also, make sure you do the WS at night too. It is a completely different place at night...magical...and quite romanctic....;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom