World of Color

sponono88

Original Poster
Disney Parks Blog has the first look at the new WoC TV spot -

Everyone seems to be interested in “World of Color,” and Mickey Mouse is no exception. In this never-before-seen TV spot, you can see Mickey mischievously handling a magical baton and trying to conduct this water spectacular all by himself! It won’t appear on television until Monday, May 31, but we’re treating you to a rare first glimpse of the “World of Color” spot.

click here to see the video: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/first-look-new-‘world-of-color’-tv-spot/

today they had all 3 platforms submerged underwater, picture by RoxieTech

107433523.jpg

sponono88

Original Poster
Disney has just launched a new World of Color show creator website. Create your own show using different fountain effects, videos, music, overlays, etc. You can submit your finished video in a contest, the winner will receive a trip to DLR

http://www.worldofcolorcreator.com/

Contest Details:

Create Your Own World of Color | Contest Info

How to Enter

Use your imagination to create a customized World of Color video that brings together beloved Disney characters,
your favorite Disney memories and spectacular effects. You are the show creator.

Just remember a few simple guidelines:
1. Make sure your video is at least 30 seconds long but no longer than one minute and forty seconds (1:40)
2. Add water overlays to each scene of your video
3. For any picture or video you upload, you must have the approval of any person who appears to include it in this video
4. Except for the provided Disney assets, submissions should not include any 3rd party trademarks, logos, slogans, signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures.
5. Please refer to the complete rules here

Winner Selection

Ten finalists will be selected by our judges and their videos will be posted on the World of Color Creator website and Facebook tab (on the Disneyland® Facebook page). Starting July 26th, 2010, website visitors and Facebook fans will be able to vote on the finalists to determine the Grand Prize winner (finalist with most votes wins). The Grand Prize winner will be announced on or around August 10th, 2010.
Prizes

One Grand Prize winner will receive an ultimate vacation to the Disneyland® Resort, including 2-nights at a Disneyland® Resort, 3-day theme park passes, VIP seating at World of Color, VIP seating at Fantasmic, a Grand Mickey Welcome Package, a $1,000 Disney gift card and a World of Color merchandise gift basket.

One Runner Up will receive a World of Color merchandise gift basket and a $500 Disney gift card.

Eight finalists will receive World of Color merchandise gift baskets.

sponono88

Original Poster
Here's the rundown of dates for upcoming WoC events and previews,

June 5: Preview for WDI.
June 6 and 7: Previews for CMs.
June 8: Preview Party for KOST and MyFM winners.
June 10: Media Night/Blue Carpet event.
June 11: Official Grand Opening.

also, this week is your last chance to see the World of Color exhibit at the Blue Sky Cellar.

cdunbar

Here's the rundown of dates for upcoming WoC events and previews,

June 5: Preview for WDI.
June 6 and 7: Previews for CMs.
June 8: Preview Party for KOST and MyFM winners.
June 10: Media Night/Blue Carpet event.
June 11: Official Grand Opening.

also, this week is your last chance to see the World of Color exhibit at the Blue Sky Cellar.
This makes me sad...

sponono88

Original Poster
This makes me sad...

aw, well the good news is the TLM exhibit will soon be up at the Cellar :)

an early, and very positive, review for WoC has just been added by MiceChat poster Westsider. Click here to read his post: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/136942-world-color-news-reviews-30.html#post1056028074

A look at Paradise Park, now without the programming trailers:

882999886_RRcUV-O.jpg

And here's the new World of Color TV spot which is expected to begin airing today -

[youtube]2mM0ryvXJvg[/youtube]

TP2000

an early, and very positive, review for WoC has just been added by MiceChat poster Westsider. Click here to read his post: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/136942-world-color-news-reviews-30.html#post1056028074

Wow, that's an amazing review, and very informative. I'm more excited now than ever! Thanks for the link; I generally find Micechat so hectic and confusing with so many posters and so many topics that my little mind can't handle it, but this was worth the jump to read!

This show is going to be astounding. I'm starting to think I really need to brave those opening weekend crowds now for World of Color. :hammer:

sponono88

Original Poster
Wow, that's an amazing review, and very informative. I'm more excited now than ever! Thanks for the link; I generally find Micechat so hectic and confusing with so many posters and so many topics that my little mind can't handle it, but this was worth the jump to read!

This show is going to be astounding. I'm starting to think I really need to brave those opening weekend crowds now for World of Color. :hammer:

One of the things I keep hearing from people who've seen the show is the massive sound system it uses. I think music will play a huge role in the show and it's exciting to hear that they went all out with the new surround sound system. I thought this line was pretty funny..

Westsider said:
One little thing to add, about halfway through the show this thought came to me...

"Uh, the Bellagio Hotel is about to get hardcore pwned!"
laugh.gif

O/T: one last thing - the sun in the Screamin loop is lit up again! Ok it's not exactly WoC related, but it's an effect that's been missing for over a year and i'm excited to see it working again :D

IMG_5776.jpg

wild01ride

the DCA calendar now lists World of Color on the entertainment schedule, with shows at 9:00 and 10:15pm (starting June 11) -- third shows are expected to be added if the crowds are big enough.

FYI, as I'm planning our July trip, I noticed that WoC is only listed through the end of June at this point.
I wonder if they're going to see how the first few weeks go (crowd-wise) and then evaluate the third show option before releasing the July hours?? :shrug:

Nevertheless, it'll be an amazing Summer of entertainment!

Testtrack321

FYI, as I'm planning our July trip, I noticed that WoC is only listed through the end of June at this point.
I wonder if they're going to see how the first few weeks go (crowd-wise) and then evaluate the third show option before releasing the July hours?? :shrug:

Nevertheless, it'll be an amazing Summer of entertainment!

Al Lutz posted today saying that they are planning two weeks of 11pm closures and 1130pm shows, but only advertising till 10pm closing just incase the "curse of DCA" strikes again and guests don't come out. They would rather say they've extended hours and added shows due to excess demand than have pictures of empty seating areas and parks show up online. If there aren't that many people at 10pm they'll just bite the bullette and send the CMs home early.

sponono88

Original Poster
Al Lutz shared additional info on the new street party in Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Glow Fest. An after-dark party with "valid liquor license and plenty of LED lighting", Lutz describes the purpose of this new festival:

The big-picture attempt with Glow Fest will be to try and pull people away from the rides shutting down around Paradise Pier before show time to allow for a more orderly load-in process for World of Color. This is also an attempt to minimize the amount of time people are waiting on their feet for the show, as there won’t be any seating in Paradise Park and the crowd control planners want to keep everyone standing to maximize the space available.

Al also talked about the new pre-show for WoC - Carnivale of Color, a musical show which will feature bright puppets parading through Paradise Park.

so excited - I got my CM preview tickets today!!! Sunday June 6, 11:15 PM :sohappy:

hpyhnt 1000

Al Lutz shared additional info on the new street party in Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Glow Fest. An after-dark party with "valid liquor license and plenty of LED lighting", Lutz describes the purpose of this new festival:

Al also talked about the new pre-show for WoC - Carnivale of Color, a musical show which will feature bright puppets parading through Paradise Park.

so excited - I got my CM preview tickets today!!! Sunday June 6, 11:15 PM :sohappy:

Sounds a bit like Tapestry of Nations... :lookaroun

sponono88

Original Poster
hgf159169SMALL.jpg

The Disney Parks Blog just announced the new Glow Fest that Al talked about in his new update. Glow Fest will start June 11, along with the premiere of World of Color and the launch of Summer Nightastic:

Last month we shared details of the popular shows and after-dark entertainment that are returning for Summer Nightastic! Today, we have more exciting news. A new, high-energy experience called Glow Fest joins that line-up to light up summer nights at Disney California Adventure park.

While “World of Color” brings a whole lot of color to the Paradise Pier section of the Park, you will find bright lights and beams of color in Sunshine Plaza and the Hollywood Backlot at this summer’s Glow Fest.

Glow Fest begins with the sound of drums and powerful rhythms that will draw you to Sunshine Plaza. An electric energy fills the evening air. As the sun goes down, colors burst to life and music starts to play from a brightly-lit stage that seems to glow. Dancers and world music performers create a fun vibe that you will only find at Disney California Adventure park.

During Summer Nightastic! the daily experience takes center stage in Sun Plaza from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and continues in the Hollywood Backlot until Park closing, so it’s the perfect thing to check out with your family, or if you’re just looking for a fun way to cap your night.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/06/glow-fest-joins-the-summer-nightastic-line-up/

sponono88

Original Poster
OC Blogger Suzanne Broughton is doing a live trip report of tonight's WoC dress rehearsal. Bob Iger is also in attendance for the preview..

Disney's California Adventure is about to introduce it's new nighttime show World of Color! I'm at the sneak preview!
-Suzanne Broughton

light up drinks!

dd4f4e3a-996f-414f-83a4-1cd8216a339.jpg

I want one of those gift bags..

51f380cf-0a0f-40a0-a7d4-074b6649b38.jpg

These dinners are available online for $14 & include reserved seating!

hadn't heard about this meal, she's reporting it's $14 and comes with reserved seating for the show - seems like a good deal.

b573bcfc-db75-46e5-a201-42f4f4d155d.jpg

9 days left!

87562c3e-9a21-4156-bfc8-39331476fea.jpg

sponono88

Original Poster
It looks like MousePlanet is also in attendance at tonight's preview. They posted additional details of the show Fastpass, as well as a new "picnic" dining option.

WOC-PicnicBag.jpg

WOC-PicnicBoxes.jpg

The tote bags are part of the new picnic meal boxes:

I've just obtained details of the long-rumored 'Picnic' viewing option for World of Color. There are number of options available to choose from.

Served from the Golden Vine Winery patio, these cold picnic meals also include a reserved viewing area voucher for a World of Color showing. (The Wine Country Tratoria and Ariel's grotto come with Preferred Reserved Viewing). Reserved meals can be picked up between 2pm and 8pm on the day your reservation is booked for.

Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance, on Disneyland.com for the first nightly show. Same-day can be booked in park for the second World of Color show. The price per meal is $14.99.

Meals are provided in a reusable tote, and the kids meal also includes a light up bracelet. Adult meals come with a beverage, which can be upgraded to an alcoholic beverage.

see the full menu here: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=695

And an update on the show Fastpass system:

The rumored fastpass system for World of Color has been confirmed, and details are now available.

Viewing for the show in Paradise Park and along the bridge to Ariel's Grotto with be ticketed viewing. Tickets can be obtained via three methods - The previously announced meals at Ariel's Grotto and the Wine Country Tratoria, through the Picnic dinner offering just announced, and then finally fastpasses distributed at Grizzly River Run.

Fastpasses for the World of Color show do not impact your ability to get fastpasses for attractions.

When you obtain the fastpass, it will indicate which show and seating area you will be assigned to.

When asked about standby options, Disney's Mary Niven indicated that there are "Great viewing options around Paradise Bay."

TP2000

Wow. All of those dining packages go way beyond the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet setup! I'm actually impressed, and I had pretty much given up on Disneyland's food service operation years ago.

Let's hope the execution of these food packages and WoC viewing vouchers lives up to the basic expectations. If this is done well, and the food quality is at least edible, this could rewrite the book on how a person experiences a night spectacular at a Disney theme park.

sponono88

Original Poster
Viewing tips for World of Color, by the Disney Parks Blog.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/06/world-of-color-viewing-tips/

Includes the full rundown of dining options and the show Fastpass system. Also, the blog states that if you're not able to secure a Fastpass or a dining voucher ticket, you will still be able to view the show from the boardwalk side of Paradise Bay. This confirms that they're not closing the pier and will be a standby option for people who did not get a Ticket.

these are new pictures from last night's dress rehearsal:

from mouseplanet

WoC1-060210-AVP.jpg

from the ocregister

l3dmbz-l3dlyn014.n.worldofcolor.0601.js.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom