World of Color

sponono88

Original Poster
A new, and very awesome, World of Color website is now live!

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/woc/index?name=DisneyWorldOfColor&CMP=VAN-FY10Q3USEN_WorldofColor_DisneysWorldofColor

and in a new update, Al Lutz is saying that the show is pretty much ready to go -

Editor's Note 5/27: After Steve Davison was given a list of suggestions by Bob Iger last month, Bob and a gaggle of senior Disney executives returned to Anaheim on Wednesday night to watch a final run-through of World of Color. Steve's "Lil Squirt" character didn't make the cut, and the problematic Chernabog tower was a no-show, but the classic 1961 introduction from Walt's original TV program did make it into the final show. The faster moving version of the show now clocks in at 26 minutes, and the executives left Anaheim late Wednesday mostly impressed and happy. All the last-minute creative input from Bob has nixed any ability to host formal AP or Cast Member previews, but the unofficial soft opening spigot might be turned on soon. - Al Lutz

Disneyson 1

Wait, they cut little squirt?!?! :eek: Ok this is really weird because all the stuff they cut are the ones that are the WDI Pins for world of color. :shrug:

WDI Pins? Little Squirt isn't on the general public's pins, and so far (from what I can tell) Alice is at LEAST in the finale, Dr. Facillier is DEFINITELY in the show, and Hercules is still in, too.

sponono88

Original Poster
After making a trip to DCA this morning, I finally had the time to explore the website. Love it! I was mesmerized by the soundtrack.. just like Steven Davison said, it sounds very grand and cinematic (he said it was built as a movie soundtrack.) This could very well be my new favorite music piece from the parks. Loved the Kaleidoscope and the interactive fountains on the home page are pretty cool - you can click and hold for different effects :)

InsideTheMagic has download links for song previews that were featured on the website.

Also big news today, WoC Dining Packages have been announced. MousePlanet has all the info here - http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=692.

Reservations are being accepted NOW. 714-781-DINE. Reservations can be made 60 days in advance.

Two restaurants are participating in this fixed price dining plan. You choose the restaurant and the show, and they'll give you a window of time in which to make your dining reservation. Once you've eaten, you'll receive a voucher for each member of your party for a seat in the reserved SEATING area for World of Color. Seats are not assigned; like the Fantasmic reserved seating it's first come, first served (so I'd get the earliest dinner seating so I could go get in line after dinner and get the best seats). Cast members do not know where the seating area is at this time, nor could they tell me the per-show capacity.

[Update: All AP discounts apply at the standard rate, as do CM discounts.]

Ariel's Grotto
Seating 1 (1st show) 5-7
Seating 2 (2nd show) 7-8:30
$36.99 per adult
$20.99 per child, ages 3-9
Ages 2 and under do not need to pay, but must sit on a parent's lap - they will not receive a seating voucher.
[Note: The Ariel's Grotto offering is NOT a character meal, and there will be no Disney Princesses on hand.]

Menu:

* Shared Antipasti Tower for the table (your choice of roasted vegetables and salad or meat and cheese)
* Choice of one entree:
o Mafalde Pasta with Italian Sausage - Curly ribbons of pasta tossed in a Piemonte-style ragu with spicy Italian sausage, sauteed bell peppers and sweet onions.
o Herb-Crusted Chicken Breast - Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables.
o Santa Maria-style Tri-tip - Slow roasted over rock salt and smoked with red oakwood. Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables.
o Filet of Redfish - Grilled Redfish served over wild rice pilaf, delicately topped with a sweet & spicy pineapple chutney. Served with a medley of seasonal vegetables.
o Spinach and Ricotta Agnolotti - Topped with fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, julienne onions and asparagus served in a light mushroom broth.
o Cioppino - A fragrant bowl of the ocean's finest, including lobster claw, pink scalllops, redfish, green-lip mussels and shrimp, plus Bilbao chorizo bathed in a robust fire-roasted tomato broth.
* A shared dessert platter of Seahorse Lava Cake, Chocolate-Chip Strips, Cheesecake Tarts with Raspberries, S'more Chocolate Bites and a White Chocolate Conch Shell with Garden-fresh Berries.

Wine Country Trattoria
Seating 1 (1st show) 4-6:30
Seating 2 (2nd show) 6-8:30 )
$39.99 per adult
[Price not yet available] per child, ages 3-9
Ages 2 and under do not need to pay, but must sit on a parent's lap - they will not receive a seating voucher.

Menu:

* Shared antipasto platter for the table and starter salad.
* Choice of entree
o Grilled fish (I didn't catch the preparation for this one)
o Herb roasted chicken breast w/ pasta
o Seafood pasta with shrimp and scallops
o Lamb shank w/ polenta
o NY strip loin with Gorgonzola mashed potatoes
* Shared dessert platter for the table, including tiramisu, chocolate crunch tart and fresh seasonal berries with balsamic reduction

sponono88

Original Poster
CM Previews are scheduled for June 6 and 7. Still no word on AP previews or public soft openings.

Found these pictures on Flickr tonight, they were uploaded by OfficerGreg.

goes to show how big the fountains are, note the height compared to MFW. and these aren't even the tallest ones - the blowpops will go even higher:

WoCFountains3.jpg

WoCFountains2.jpg

and in case you haven't already done so, make sure to check out the new World of Color website! http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/woc/index?name=DisneyWorldOfColor&CMP=VAN-FY10Q3USEN_WorldofColor_DisneysWorldofColor

TP2000

Nice that Disneyland put together a generally excellent website for this show. Lots of pics and vids and new info to explore there! :sohappy:

Those pictures above are amazing. I can only wonder what the folks at the Bellagio are going to think of all this! They need to update their show all of a sudden. :D

cdunbar

After making a trip to DCA this morning, I finally had the time to explore the website. Love it! I was mesmerized by the soundtrack.. just like Steven Davison said, it sounds very grand and cinematic (he said it was built as a movie soundtrack.) This could very well be my new favorite music piece from the parks. Loved the Kaleidoscope and the interactive fountains on the home page are pretty cool - you can click and hold for different effects :)

InsideTheMagic has download links for song previews that were featured on the website.

Also big news today, WoC Dining Packages have been announced. MousePlanet has all the info here - http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=692.
Several of us on here are going in July for DL55, and one individual called to make a reservation for this service only to be informed that they weren't ready to take WOC dinning ressies for July. :shrug:

wild01ride

[Dining Package Update]

Just FYI,
I just booked one of the packages.
The price they quoted me for Ariel's Grotto was:

$33.99 Adults
$17.99 Kids

It sounds like they are completely just learning the details as we speak. The CM I spoke with had a second person with her clarifying details while I was making the reservation.

The interesting thing from their end:

"We currently don't know what time the shows are and we currently don't know where the package viewing area will be."

Of course, they have to say those things when info hasn't been officially announced...

Anyway, woohoo! Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread with such useful info! (sponono88, I'm looking at you! :animwink:) - following this thread has really helped me plan out our Summer visit to the left coast!

sponono88

Original Poster
^ i'm glad it was helpful to you! :)

Just heard that the programming trailers are now out of the viewing area, which I guess confirms that final programming for the show is complete.

sponono88

Original Poster
the area where the trailers were parked, that walkway is currently closed off to guests

107333205-6895044f5c2b3788cdd3be978.jpg

-mouseplanet

the DCA calendar now lists World of Color on the entertainment schedule, with shows at 9:00 and 10:15pm (starting June 11) -- third shows are expected to be added if the crowds are big enough.

Disneyson 1

Access to the left side of the play fountain is cut off, too. That side looks more permanent, though. I wonder if they'll really follow through with closing the fountain for showings so they can have it take part in the show...?

TP2000

Access to the left side of the play fountain is cut off, too. That side looks more permanent, though. I wonder if they'll really follow through with closing the fountain for showings so they can have it take part in the show...?

I don't think they'd want to give up that much space.

There are already dozens of hidden fountains in the planters and shrubs, and there have been photographs of them working at night with vibrant LED lighting. Several times in the show those hidden fountains come to life and bring the water "into the audience" by popping up out of the planters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom