World of Color

muteki

I looked through a lot of this thread, and could not find any reference to answer this question. Maybe someone here could oblige? What is the reasoning for the SRO for this show? I understand that more people can jam in to see the show, but it really limits the number of children that can view the show reasonably well or at all. There seems to be no clear way for everyone to see the show who is standing there. For example, we got Fastpasses in the yellow section, but we may as well have been inside the Ariel ride show building with the view that we had, especially the kids. We arrived early, but clearly not early enough. We actually bailed half way through after my oldest daughter (10 years old) said "I can't see anything here, let's go ride some rides."

We are still returning from our recent trip (long road trip) where we had an excellent time. This is the only attraction where we felt like Disney had left a lot to be desired. There must be a way to offer up a children's or families viewing area where grown adults are not standing in front of small kids. Am I missing something here?

We had a similar experience last December. The fastpasses for the show don't really guarantee a good (or decent) view, but seemed like you had to have one just to get in one of the general viewing areas in front of the show. You still need to get there super early to have standing room near one of the rails in the front to make sure you weren't staring at the back of someone's head. We even found ourselves standing in the same section as people that booked a dinner+WoC viewing package, and they were pretty peeved at the spot they got.

For that reason I see little point in giving out fastpasses for the show, it would be similar if they gave everyone that came in the front gate at Epcot an Illuminations fastpass, that granted them access to anywhere in World Showcase at 9 pm. The World of Color fastpasses are neither limited enough nor is the section for them prime viewing space.

dsollie

Does the dining package give you access to a seating area for the show, or is it all standing?

Thanks!

It is all SRO, there are no bleachers or seats. We got to the point where we had all carved out our spaces to watch the show (about 20 minutes before the show started), and then they announced to everyone to stand up and squeeze in tighter to make room for everyone. That is when it got out of hand, and we would have no chance to actually see the show.

The only way to sit for the show is to dine at one of the restaurants nearby which have viewing areas for the show. According to some other guests that we ran into later in the night, that is the way to go.

muteki

Yeah if I was paying money to see the show, dining in would be the only way to go.

Most of the restaurants around are at a weird angle to the show though, so there isn't really a centered view in that case either.

sponono88

Original Poster
The "Instant Concert" daytime show received an update this week with a fun new song and choreography. You'll notice that Maestro Goofy is missing -- maybe he'll be back on the weekends or after the off season? It's a great little piece with a familiar tune :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom