World of Color

Nicole220

The 4th of July preshow was pretty good. The pyro caused a lot of smoke though, and that combined with all the mist in red tonight didn't make for the best viewing. But the guests really liked it.

TP2000

I saw the special Independence Day version of World of Color tonight (Saturday), and I thought it was fantastic! Just a great use of sparkling new technology and good old fashioned patriotism! :sohappy:

The neat thing about this is that World of Color is barely one year old, and already they've tweaked and plussed and changed and layered novel and new things to this already fabulous show.

Since it debuted in June, 2010, World of Color has seen these exciting changes and offerings;

• The original awesome show still packing them in nightly
  • A mind-blowing New Years Eve Midnight pyro/water/music/dance spectacular
  • The "Troncore" add-on over fall/winter the movie Tron
  • The tightened and tweaked late spring show with an updated Pirates segment for Pirates IV
  • Special Patriotic Show for Independence Day Weekend

And now there's rumors of a special Halloween version coming this fall, with a Christmas version obviously in the future at some point too.

How lucky are we all to live in Southern California and have Disneyland USA right in our backyards catering to us like this?!? :wave:

nemofinder22

From Mintcrocodile the 4th of July preshow or the 4th of Color

[youtube]rJnVU-qoyXc[/youtube]

I saw the special Independence Day version of World of Color tonight (Saturday), and I thought it was fantastic! Just a great use of sparkling new technology and good old fashioned patriotism! :sohappy:

The neat thing about this is that World of Color is barely one year old, and already they've tweaked and plussed and changed and layered novel and new things to this already fabulous show.

Since it debuted in June, 2010, World of Color has seen these exciting changes and offerings;

• The original awesome show still packing them in nightly
  • A mind-blowing New Years Eve Midnight pyro/water/music/dance spectacular
  • The "Troncore" add-on over fall/winter the movie Tron
  • The tightened and tweaked late spring show with an updated Pirates segment for Pirates IV
  • Special Patriotic Show for Independence Day Weekend

And now there's rumors of a special Halloween version coming this fall, with a Christmas version obviously in the future at some point too.

How lucky are we all to live in Southern California and have Disneyland USA right in our backyards catering to us like this?!? :wave:

Plus a few more smaller updates since it opened(these mainly happened when the new Pirates scene debuted)
-Tangled has been added to the "So Close" segment. Rapunzel and Flynn replace Tarzan and Jane.(5:28 in the video below)
-new laser effects on Screamin'/sunbrust during the finale.(6:53 in the video below)
[youtube]MxqCG3m_a-U[/youtube]

It's amazing to see this show updated and enhanced so much and its only been a year.

nemofinder22

World of Color is either getting a Holiday tag or a full on Holiday show this year, testing can be seen over the past few nights. Nothing confirmed so grain of salt.

Theres a few photos of the lasers/projections on Screamin'
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyla...ornia-adventure-project-tracker-12-a-105.html
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyla...ornia-adventure-project-tracker-12-a-107.html

From Blue Sky Disney blog
http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2011/09/holiday-of-color.html
When the holidays roll around this year, DCA may be the place to be...

Regardless of all those walls, the Christmas holiday season may offer a great reason to skip the fireworks over at Disneyland. Unless the plans change between now and October, the World of Color show that you watch in December will be filled with a lot of green and red, with sugar plum dreams to dance in your head.

They've been testing selections and musical pieces over the past couple of months for it, as well as a Halloween show. That show has been postponed till next Halloween when the park will be fully open, sans walls. It's pretty impressive, from what I've been told, but for now it appears that the Christmas/Holiday show will be the only one. Which isn't a bad thing at all.

Imagine the snow...

TP2000

Tag this year and full next year?

It looks like your Christmas wish list is being fulfilled!

From the reliable rumor kings at Miceage.com, comes this word today from Al Lutz... :sohappy:

EDITOR'S NOTE 10/21-22: Just in case you were wondering; The recent World of Color testing has been for a new Christmas pre-show themed to ABC's Prep & Landing. The clever segment will begin performing prior to every World of Color on November 11th, and continue through the holidays. - Al Lutz

nemofinder22

The holiday preshow with Prep and Landing made its debut last night during World of Color's 1000th show!

[youtube]BkoqVyfRbho[/youtube]

Nicole220

After seeing it again tonight, I have decided I really really like the preshow.

I love the beginning with the Christmas music and I love the transition into the actual show. The middle part with the elves grew on me tonight. I like that it wasn't an in your face promotion or trailer for Prep and Landing. The elves "interacting" with the audience is cute.

sponono88

Original Poster
I really like it too. It's short and sweet, has some clever effects, and transitions nicely into the main show. Hopefully we will see a full Holiday show next year!

Here's another video of the new pre-show:

[youtube]DHBMM-N5MGY[/youtube]

wild01ride

Just curious - when does the tag start relative to showtime?
I've been known to show up "last minute"/just in time for WoC - I'd hate to miss the tag!

:xmas:

nemofinder22

sponono88

Original Poster
^ It was confirmed today at the media event (tweeted by @DiningInDisney) the new "Brave" scene will open on June 15th

Just one more thing in the long list of June 15th openings :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom