World of Color

sponono88

Original Poster
Picture32-1.jpg

It looks like the other World of Color thread got deleted.. so I guess we'll have to start a new one.

Park hours for DCA were changed a week ago, scheduled for an 11PM closing time. Looks like they once again changed the schedule..

Editor's Note 5/13: And those 11PM closing times for DCA in June, changed just last week, got changed back again to 10PM. A third nightly show is still planned however, as outlined in my last update. - Al Lutz

maybe they will extend park hours that same day to accommodate the third showing. Stay tuned for more info - we're less than a month away from official opening!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
That is really bizarre that the old one just evaporated. I liked looking back at all the construction photos. :(

sponono88

Original Poster
[youtube]glpeElM-l5U[/youtube]

Just posted by InsideTheMagic on YouTube

A big media event is set for June 10, 2010 at Disney's California Adventure for the new "World of Color" nighttime show. This is the video invitation sent to working media to attend the show's premiere.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
[youtube]glpeElM-l5U[/youtube]

Just posted by InsideTheMagic on YouTube

I saw that video on Twitter earlier tonight. However, around 26 seconds in a face flashes on one of the water screens. I can't figure out who it is for the life of me. I'm sure its something really obvious but it's driving me nuts. :lol:

sponono88

Original Poster
Here's the cover for the latest Backstage Pass Magazine for annual passholders

img021-2.jpg

It features an article about the show, and interview with Steve Davison, and a 3-page foldout poster of art from the show (similar to the character montage from the webpage, but with additional characters.)

Something that caught my eye was this small piece of concept art, it's only like 4-inches wide in real life.. but if you look closely, you'll see the details and it's actually a collage that features the entire show from beginning to end. I'm really hoping they release this in a bigger size in the future. It's hard to make out the details, but it features everything from Heimlich on the leaf to Diana shooting the arrow, Hercules, etc.

img022-1.jpg

sponono88

Original Poster
yeah, someone started a rumor about a soft opening for the show that would take place tonight. the rumor turned out to be false from the start, but it didn't stop people showing up just in case it happened! there was a bigger crowd than usual out in Paradise Park.. I was in Downtown Disney for dinner and went into the park for a few minutes, was surprised to see the amount of people.

26 days left! I wonder if we'll see any real soft openings/previews happen soon.

yesterday's In The Parks update had a picture of the fountains testing in the planters:

largepics35.jpg

Nicole220

Re: soft openings....if it's like most of the other soft openings where we find out the afternoon of, there won't be showpass, right?

sponono88

Original Poster
^ i'm not sure if they'll use showpass for soft openings. probably not.. although I'm sure they'll want to eventually test out the system before the show premieres.

sponono88

Original Poster
Blue Sky Cellar's World of Color Countdown -

P1016225.jpg

Videos playing in the BSC entrance

P1015934.jpg

Testing continues in the bay..

Mist screens

P1016285.jpg

P1016260.jpg

Fog

P1016390.jpg

Fountains

P1016378.jpg

sponono88

Original Poster
A lighting designer for Disney said the following via Twitter -

First soft opening of World of Color went great!! Everything behaved :)

-Jason Badger badgersan

DCA closed at 6, which means the preview happened after hours. It's speculated that this was a private screening for leads/management at TDA (wasn't announced to CMs or guests.) MiceChat poster TheForbiddenEye caught a glimpse of the show from outside the park:

The sound system is so loud that you can practically hear it from the Esplanade.

Saw the Hellfire scene (well, not the flames themselves but the when I heard the music, thats how I knew.)

And the finale as well. Those fountains go really high that I saw them!

And the Fun Wheel looked great during that sequence!

And one final thing, recent test videos have shown that the Fun Wheel lighting will in fact be incorporated into certain sections of the show.

sponono88

Original Poster
An update on this.. the soft opening was for a private Cast Member party. Select CMs were given invitations, CMHusband posted the following last week -

A special party on the 18th and 19th will be held at DCA for CM's in the evening after the park closes. The invitation says "World of Color" on the cover, but it does NOT specifically say there will be a preview. The invitation is vague at best as to what is going on, some food and fun with your managers...The theme is "It's All About Me". Its a party to say Thank You to CM's but not all CM's were invited and I have no idea how the selection process was done.

sponono88

Original Poster
Disney Parks Blog update:

For the first time, we can show you what one of the world’s largest projected water screens looks like when, together with other incredible effects, they create a larger-than-life Disney spectacle.

These memorable moments from “WALL-E” and “The Lion King” seem even cooler when they’re recreated in “World of Color,” don’t they? Keep in mind…what you’re seeing is a wall of water 380 feet wide by 50 feet high for a projection surface of 19,000 square feet.

- http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/first-look-new-world-of-color-images/

wallee-1.jpg

WALL-E at World of Color

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom