World of Color?

EpcotServo

And yet they have no body of water that is even a fraction of this size for a show like this. It would require a massive lake to be built in DAK, most likely on the periphery of the park somewhere. And then you've got the DHS Fantasmic! problem where this night show is performed in a sterile, cheesy aquacade theater with metal bleachers and tourists doing the wave to kill the boredom before the show. No thanks. :cool:

The only place a WoC show could be installed in a current park would be World Showcase Lagoon, but the route of the Friendship Boats would be heavily impacted as I'm sure they wouldn't let them go over the submerged show deck.

If WoC ever arrives in a WDW, it could only go in Epcot.

Not for Animal Kingdom at all. I'm fine with that, Animal Kingdom just isn't right for that kind of a show with giant walkways and big barges...No thanks, like you said.

I'm pretty sure that giant fan is coming from just one nozzle! Can you imagine three of those overlapping? I think that's how it'll work...*

*Crazy speculation

EPCOT Explorer

I'm not sure, it's just speculation at this point. I think Chernabog is pretty much a given.. but i wouldn't leave out the possibility of the tower being used for some other characters as well :shrug: there's this piece of concept art that shows Zurg rising out of the water. just a guess..

15_n_bluesky10_large.jpg

Oooh. Cool, I never saw that.

nemofinder22

The lights are lowed into a water proof box similar to Fantasmic! lighting rigs, and speaker towers.

Some more info hopefully all is correct, The lights are called Syncrolites, and if Iv been counting right theres at least 16 in the show 5 on each light tower(Screamin and Jumping Jellyfish) and 1 in each "lighthouse".

Same lights but different models are also used in Magical and Halloween Screams, 3 on each the side of the castle, Iv heard that Tink, Dumbo and Zero are lit from 6 more additional Syncrolites through out the park.

Fantasmic! uses them too different models again, but were updated again sometime this year after first being installed in 2008, theres at least 10 in the show 2 on each major light tower.

Fantasmic! light rig 2 Syncrolites on the sides-
http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=39&update_dir=2009_12_04

A Syncrolite in WOC
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/Theme-Park/Disneyland-Resort-100809/9898206_dSVTJ#674520130_7vXPn
674520130_7vXPn-M.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

The lights are lowed into a water proof box similar to Fantasmic! lighting rigs, and speaker towers.

Some more info hopefully all is correct, The lights are called Syncrolites, and if Iv been counting right theres at least 16 in the show 5 on each light tower(Screamin and Jumping Jellyfish) and 1 in each "lighthouse".

Same lights but different models are also used in Magical and Halloween Screams, 3 on each the side of the castle, Iv heard that Tink, Dumbo and Zero are lit from 6 more additional Syncrolites through out the park.

Fantasmic! uses them too different models again, but were updated again sometime this year after first being installed in 2008, theres at least 10 in the show 2 on each major light tower.

Fantasmic! light rig 2 Syncrolites on the sides-
http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=39&update_dir=2009_12_04

A Syncrolite in WOC
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/Theme-Park/Disneyland-Resort-100809/9898206_dSVTJ#674520130_7vXPn
674520130_7vXPn-M.jpg

EPCOT uses synchrolights, too. :D

nemofinder22

Figment632

Original Poster
Any news on Zurg?

Seriously, and agreed. I need to get there. And DAK needs a show of this style.

Nah, they have us covered....not like in EPCOT, where you see all the tech floating in the lagoon...

....That I kinda like. Gets me excited for RoE.

Seriously this would get DAK to stay open past 7!

And yet they have no body of water that is even a fraction of this size for a show like this. It would require a massive lake to be built in DAK, most likely on the periphery of the park somewhere. And then you've got the DHS Fantasmic! problem where this night show is performed in a sterile, cheesy aquacade theater with metal bleachers and tourists doing the wave to kill the boredom before the show. No thanks. :cool:

The only place a WoC show could be installed in a current park would be World Showcase Lagoon, but the route of the Friendship Boats would be heavily impacted as I'm sure they wouldn't let them go over the submerged show deck.

If WoC ever arrives in a WDW, it could only go in Epcot.

The lake that is near EE is big enough with some modification, and it would't be that same show just the same tech, the shows theme would be unique to and made to fit the theme of DAK. Also you can't argue Fantasmic because they also have that in DL.

EPCOT Explorer

Seriously this would get DAK to stay open past 7!

The lake that is near EE is big enough with some modification, and it would't be that same show just the same tech, the shows theme would be unique to and made to fit the theme of DAK. Also you can't argue Fantasmic because they also have that in DL.

I agree...They could easily make that lake "Show Ready" for a WoC esque show on nature, adventure and animals. :D

nemofinder22

A few pictures from Darkbeer, gotta love the dedication for going in the rain:sohappy:
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-121209/10630259_D4A8N#739375342_iUGpc

A look at the platform its to big to fit in the picture but you get the idea-
739394448_8cTVg-M.jpg

The fountain in the viewing area is coming along-
739395904_Jcpkx-M.jpg

The hidden stage-
739396292_GkkNN-M.jpg

More of the viewing area, also if the concept art is correct the Mermaid facade(the big arch part) should frame up beautifully with the Paradise Park's walkways, trees, fountain, and hidden stage.
739404597_b9Pxo-M.jpg

The pillar thing now also has one lamp post installed, along with some trees-
739398005_iiPeD-M.jpg

nemofinder22

Oooh...But what's the hidden stage for?

Im guessing its so they dont have to put up those big ugly stages like the ones used for Rockin the Bay, X-Games Experience had the big blue ones similar to what DHS uses for event infront of the hat, or the smaller TSMM! grand opening all had stages that seemed to take longer to set up and take down. Its some great thinking ahead.:sohappy:

Blue Sky Cellar says this-
Blue Sky Cellar
Meanwhile, a new state-of-the-art water play are creates a cool zone for daytime activity, while a hidden stage provides maximum flexibility for future events

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-71609/8933321_8qWpM#593185308_WFzfy

593185308_WFzfy-M-1.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Im guessing its so they dont have to put up those big ugly stages like the ones used for Rockin the Bay, X-Games Experience had the big blue ones similar to what DHS uses for event infront of the hat, or the smaller TSMM! grand opening all had stages that seemed to take longer to set up and take down. Its some great thinking ahead.:sohappy:

Blue Sky Cellar says this-

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-71609/8933321_8qWpM#593185308_WFzfy

593185308_WFzfy-M-1.jpg
FOR. THE. WIN. That really is thinking of everything.

Perfect example of what WDI can do, of given the funds, TDO.

_Scar

I can't wait to see this show- on Youtube :D

I just have a feeling this will be all its cracked up to be and it will surpass F! by far. AHHH- so excited!

EpcotServo

I don't even think that's really show height yet too. Still think it goes lower, as the Light Rings are supposed to be under the water I believe if my Fountaineering knowledge is correct.
:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom