World of Color?

Nicole220

^ I was there today, as a matter of fact.

Uhm, there was water in the lagoon. And the light towers. And the big ball thingys. And yeah? :lookaroun

Sorry, I'm of no use. But it looked good! Got me all excited. We're so close! And yet, kinda far...

sponono88

^ I was there today, as a matter of fact.

Uhm, there was water in the lagoon. And the light towers. And the big ball thingys. And yeah? :lookaroun

Sorry, I'm of no use. But it looked good! Got me all excited. We're so close! And yet, kinda far...

yeah, the refill process is pretty much complete. all the water is back in the bay and the platform is still in floating position - no pictures of it submerged yet. now we just wait and hope we see more videos of the programming/testing.. :D

nemofinder22

It sure is nice to see the lagoon fully filled again-
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-112909/10484092_zZvsv#727683210_rNGYP
727683210_rNGYP-M.jpg

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-112909/10484092_zZvsv#727660006_UVNCZ
727660006_UVNCZ-M.jpg

Also another part of the parade route was closed off, if your walking from Bugs Land/Golden Vine Winery to Paradise Pier you must walk through Pacific Wharf, a view from above looking at the maze. The walls are expected to last until Dec 17. DEP makes its return for the Holiday season Dec 18.
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-111909/10376507_Y5fJ4#718499056_DskPv
718499056_DskPv-M-1.jpg

All pictures from Darkbeer.

Laura

Premium Member
yeah, the refill process is pretty much complete. all the water is back in the bay and the platform is still in floating position - no pictures of it submerged yet. now we just wait and hope we see more videos of the programming/testing.. :D

Are you sure about that? When I was there yesterday it didn't seem full yet (maybe a foot shy) and they were still pouring water in.

I also didn't know that platform was floating. I was wondering how on earth they would hide it. :hammer: :lol:

EpcotServo

Wow, the Telescoping Tower is magnificent at full height! I mean, it's nearly half as big as the sun wheel, Holy cow that is HUGE!

The platform is eventually going to be covered with water, right?

Yes, eventually it will submerge down to the depths of Paradise Bay completely. For show time, it will elevate just a tiny bit so the nozzles will be just barely be above the surface, then shall sink again after the show. The only times it will be above the water like now, is if they working on it or fixing things. So it's got three levels: Maintenance, Show level, and hidden.

Figment632

Original Poster
Wow, the Telescoping Tower is magnificent at full height! I mean, it's nearly half as big as the sun wheel, Holy cow that is HUGE!

Yes, eventually it will submerge down to the depths of Paradise Bay completely. For show time, it will elevate just a tiny bit so the nozzles will be just barely be above the surface, then shall sink again after the show. The only times it will be above the water like now, is if they working on it or fixing things. So it's got three levels: Maintenance, Show level, and hidden.

Man I can't wait to go back to DL!!!!!!This show would be perfect for DAK since they can't reall have PYRO!!

Nicole220

Makes sense. Thanks! It's quite an eyesore when it's above water. :lol: I was worried it would be like this 24/7.

EPCOT Explorer

Any news on Zurg?

Man I can't wait to go back to DL!!!!!!This show would be perfect for DAK since they can't reall have PYRO!!
Seriously, and agreed. I need to get there. And DAK needs a show of this style.
Makes sense. Thanks! It's quite an eyesore when it's above water. :lol: I was worried it would be like this 24/7.

Nah, they have us covered....not like in EPCOT, where you see all the tech floating in the lagoon...

....That I kinda like. Gets me excited for RoE.

sponono88

Zurg? He's using that, too?

I'm not sure, it's just speculation at this point. I think Chernabog is pretty much a given.. but i wouldn't leave out the possibility of the tower being used for some other characters as well :shrug: there's this piece of concept art that shows Zurg rising out of the water. just a guess..

15_n_bluesky10_large.jpg

TP2000

And yet they have no body of water that is even a fraction of this size for a show like this. It would require a massive lake to be built in DAK, most likely on the periphery of the park somewhere. And then you've got the DHS Fantasmic! problem where this night show is performed in a sterile, cheesy aquacade theater with metal bleachers and tourists doing the wave to kill the boredom before the show. No thanks. :cool:

The only place a WoC show could be installed in a current park would be World Showcase Lagoon, but the route of the Friendship Boats would be heavily impacted as I'm sure they wouldn't let them go over the submerged show deck.

If WoC ever arrives in a WDW, it could only go in Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom