World Of Color Refurbishment

Stevek

We looked at the packages for World of Color, but decided to just eat dinner wherever we felt like, then go see it. We have seen Fantasmic lots of times in Florida, so we wanted to try something new. I know it's a little different, but I am guessing it is pretty darn close to the Florida Fantasmic.

I would say the DL version is quite a bit better. New version, better dragon, Mark Twain, many new effects. I was listening to a well known WDW podcast and in their words, the WDW version sucks compared to the new DL version.

BrianLo

We looked at the packages for World of Color, but decided to just eat dinner wherever we felt like, then go see it. We have seen Fantasmic lots of times in Florida, so we wanted to try something new. I know it's a little different, but I am guessing it is pretty darn close to the Florida Fantasmic.

It's actually fairly different (and quite a bit better). Although I haven't seen the new version. You'll also have Paint the Nights in DCA still, which I think is also great.

GiveMeTheMusic

It has very little in common with WDW's Fantasmic, so it's definitely worth your time.

Disney Analyst

Also, how is it that nobody has any photos of the broken World Of Color platform? Isn't it just sticking out of the water?

There we're photos posted a while ago that showed the centre of the centre platform had sunk. It has since been raised back up, but they allegedly cannot lower the entire platform now until they get new parts in.

Surprised they haven't added a 2nd show of Paint the Night to the events calendar.

RescueTheDay

There we're photos posted a while ago that showed the centre of the centre platform had sunk. It has since been raised back up, but they allegedly cannot lower the entire platform now until they get new parts in.

Surprised they haven't added a 2nd show of Paint the Night to the events calendar.

The entire platform was lowered yesterday.

GiveMeTheMusic

Well then, I don't know what the problem is then :S I don't think the centre had been lowered since the incident. Maybe they got it fixed but now they need to finish everything else that got set behind?

As @TP2000 posted earlier, the issue is not the platform, but the electrical rooms and equipment that were flooded and damaged when it collapsed. Those will take months to repair.

Steve2753

If only the electrical room were never flooded
is there any plan to add a new effect or sequence to the show ? Or a halloween version of the show since dca also gets the halloween overlay

britain

If they're looking for a way to do Marvel with good capacity, this is what I would build:

- Family suspended coaster set up like BTMRR. 1 track, 2 load platforms and 3 lifts (each with a show scene). You "fly" with Iron Man
- Avengers "tower" with two floors for guests and a third for cast use and meeting space. Level 1 is a copy of HKDL's Ant Man ride, Level 2 is a buffet restaurant and meet and greet hall (with multiple rooms)
- A side street themed to 1940s NYC. There's shops and some other dining options.
- Street ends with theatre showing Captain America show (3D/practical like T2 at Universal)
- Street also has Doctor Strange house with interactive exhibits

It may not be the most ambitious option, but it showcases several characters and would handle crowds at least somewhat effectively.

I’d also set aside a few levels of the city buildings for a Marvel hotel. 😉

TP2000

Where the hell is the electrical room that it is in a position to be flooded?

At the bottom of the lagoon, directly under the big platforms. It was accessed by scuba divers and an airlock door system. Very James Bond-esque, but that's seriously how it was done apparently. The whole thing is busted and flooded, the airlock and watertight doors are damaged, and they are going to have to drain the lagoon to fix it apparently. Big problem. BIG!

When the neighbor lady was explaining it all I seriously had to pick my jaw up off the floor. An airtight electrical room buried beneath a lagoon accessible only via scuba divers going through airlocks and watertight doors?!? Yup. Who knew?!?!

Maybe @GiveMeTheMusic can fill in the details on that system, but that's how it was explained to me.

D.Silentu

I have no engineering knowledge to evaluate this, but at first blush the layout sounds extremely overcomplicated. However, for all I know this could be the only way to do it.

VJ

At the bottom of the lagoon, directly under the big platforms. It was accessed by scuba divers and an airlock door system. Very James Bond-esque, but that's seriously how it was done apparently. The whole thing is busted and flooded, the airlock and watertight doors are damaged, and they are going to have to drain the lagoon to fix it apparently. Big problem. BIG!

When the neighbor lady was explaining it all I seriously had to pick my jaw up off the floor. An airtight electrical room buried beneath a lagoon accessible only via scuba divers going through airlocks and watertight doors?!? Yup. Who knew?!?!

Maybe @GiveMeTheMusic can fill in the details on that system, but that's how it was explained to me.
Did neighbor lady mention the sharks-with-laserbeams security system by any chance? I heard they blew most of the budget on that.

Curious Constance

You're really living the dream now aren't you?

Disney Analyst

I remember the photos from when they were building it, it is built into the platform and sits directly below the surface of the platform, which is accessed from air tight doors when the platform is in maintenance level I thought. But perhaps they can only enter it from below the platform.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom