World Of Color Refurbishment

fctiger

Well there's word on Twitter that DLR confirmed WOC's long extended referb till towards the end of the year. Why did this come out so late?!?!? 2 nights before it's return! The schedule was still up this morning!!! I've seen rumors other places of this for a while, but not on twitter until now! While on the calendar, I did not see Celebrate America for the start of July, Is that cancelled too??? Together Forever isn't that good to can Celebrate America! It's not an Anniversary.

That sucks. I'm going back to the park next month and haven't seen WOC since 2015. And haven't seen the original since 2013 (that can't be right, can it?). We had planned to make a special event to see it. Oh well. We still got the new Fantasmic which we also haven't seen.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well yeah. It would be foolish to say otherwise. Plans change.

Well you also said PtN was never going to DCA in the first place, if I recall correctly. So yeah, I'd tend to believe its staying at this point. For how long that remains to be seen. But its not leaving at least for the next couple years I'd say. And its really not going to WDW anytime soon like some people still believe.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Well you also said PtN was never going to DCA in the first place, if I recall correctly. So yeah, I'd tend to believe its staying at this point. For how long that remains to be seen. But its not leaving at least for the next couple years I'd say. And its really not going to WDW anytime soon like some people still believe.

I’m pretty sure I’ve never said PTN was never going to DCA. That’s silly.

I believe that PTN will be at DCA for a while but at some point they’ll move it back to DL for some celebration. It’s kind of inevitable.

The situation at WDW is just sad.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m pretty sure I’ve never said PTN was never going to DCA. That’s silly.

I believe that PTN will be at DCA for a while but at some point they’ll move it back to DL for some celebration. It’s kind of inevitable.

The situation at WDW is just sad.

Well I could be incorrect on you saying it’d never go to DCA. But it does sound like something you’d say so maybe that’s why I thought you said it. ;):p:cool:

mickEblu

Whoa! How have I missed this thread all week? Talk about misleading thread title. Thanks for the update @TP2000. I think it’s mostly good news. Plusing Toontown with a new Mickey ride without losing any capacity or attractions is great news. Also, I love the fact that they re looking into high capacity attractions again. Bring on the “old fashioned” coasters. They re the most fun and repeatable anyway.

As far as World of Color all I can say is thank God they decided to move Paint the Night to DCA.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Whoa! How have I missed this thread all week? Talk about misleading thread title. Thanks for the update @TP2000. I think it’s mostly good news. Plusing Toontown with a new Mickey ride without losing any capacity or attractions is great news. Also, I love the fact that they re looking into high capacity attractions again. Bring on the “old fashioned” coasters. They re the most fun and repeatable anyway.

As far as World of Color all I can say is thank God they decided to move Paint the Night to DCA.

Was wondering when you'd discover the news bruh.... :cool:

mickEblu

Was wondering when you'd discover the news bruh.... :cool:

Hahah. Well I guess now we know why the last blog post on Marvel Land has no mention of other attractions. What’s interesting is that TP said the land is on hold but I think it’s the final plans that are really on hold and the land will still open in 2020 as planned (with no new attractions as planned).

What this also means is that we could see some sort of attraction that can be built quickly like the 4D show we discussed or something like an Ant-man shooter attraction (high capacity) that can open with the land or shortly after. Otherwise how many years can the land sit around with just GOTG:MB? That’s not good for capacity when you consider the 4 attractions being lost with Bugs Land (unless the meet and greets are super elaborate). So who knows, maybe the land is on hold and it won’t open in 2020 and Bugs Land sticks around for another year. I just don’t see them backing out. Not just because of the announcements (I know it’s been done before) but because of how motivated they are to get Marvel in the parks as witnessed with the GOTG overlay.

And if they can’t get their $hit together, can they just give us TOT back?

mickEblu

I’m totally cool with the half @$$ coaster being shelved. That’s my issue with some of these next gen rides. They don’t know what they want to be. The imagineers try to throw so much at them to keep up with the Jones’ but at the end you get an underwhelming experience. Give me an old school coaster any day. Put a show scene in the beginning, middle and end with advanced AAs and immersive sets with adequate/ appropriate theming for the portions where you re zooming by to the next show scene.

mickEblu

Would a good old fashioned boat ride (with Shanghai’s ride system) make sense for any Marvel IP?

Boat ride for (insert IP), Antman omnimover and “old school” coaster. Capacity problems solved. Between the three that would be like 8- 9000 riders per hour.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Haha had to look that up. Let me rephrase, would any Marvel IP (that people care about) make sense for a boat ride? Aqua-Man?

EDIT: he’s DC isn’t he?

Namor is basically the Aqua-Man of Marvel. But his rights are complicated, at least on the MCU film side. Last heard its under the Universal umbrella where Hulk is. Now how that applies to parks, who knows. But since MCU is the jumping off point as we all like to debate ;) its hard to say they'd add him in without an MCU appearance first. However they could always be the first time which is where I was going when we debated characters being used from outside the MCU.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom