World Of Color Refurbishment

Steve2753

once they're done fixing world of color I wonder if is it possible to have the original pre premiere version of world of color with little quirt,alice in wonderland,and the original soundtrack instead of the current version and have little squirt back into the show as a projection
Edit: since little squirt is being projected i dont think we can call him little squirt since he will be a huge projection in the water screens

Attachments

• 20180709_001920.jpg
    20180709_001920.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 259

Phroobar

I hope they tear it down tbh. Anyways, if they build Marvel land it won't be until the 2020's when Marvel's popularity is on the decline. Yes, Irisish Bruh, Marvel's popularity will not sustain as it is for the next ten years. Don't argue on it because I know you will.
I don't know about that. Avatar is a dead IP but it's new land commands three hour waits. Even if Infinity War was the last Marvel movie ever, the theme park land will be successful.

TROR

I don't know about that. Avatar is a dead IP but it's new land commands three hour waits. Even if Infinity War was the last Marvel movie ever, the theme park land will be successful.
Yes, if Infinity War was the last Marvel movie ever it absolutely would continue to be successful because it would end on a high note. I don't see the MCU ending on a high note, however. I see it being dragged out long after it should've ended.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, if Infinity War was the last Marvel movie ever it absolutely would continue to be successful because it would end on a high note. I don't see the MCU ending on a high note, however. I see it being dragged out long after it should've ended.

I'm not sure why you still can't see beyond the Thanos story line. And why you think the MCU can't be successful after Thanos. Marvel has W A Y more stories than Thanos to draw from. Just because this is what they've been building up to so far doesn't make it the end of the MCU nor should it be the end.

TROR

I'm not sure why you still can't see beyond the Thanos story line. And why you think the MCU can't be successful after Thanos. Marvel has W A Y more stories than Thanos to draw from. Just because this is what they've been building up to so far doesn't make it the end of the MCU nor should it be the end.
You're right. This franchise will go on for another twenty years with no decline in interest from the general public.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You're right. This franchise will go on for another twenty years with no decline in interest from the general public.

I never said that. But you think its a foregone conclusion that it will be a failure beyond Avengers 4 next year, there isn't any reason to think that right now. My bet is they will be able to pivot successfully to a new story arc after Thanos. And that will allow them to continue the MCU success. They have already hinted at where they are going with the story after Thanos.

TROR

I never said that. But you think its a foregone conclusion that it will be a failure beyond Avengers 4 next year, there isn't any reason to think that right now. My bet is they will be able to pivot successfully to a new story arc after Thanos. And that will allow them to continue the MCU success. They have already hinted at where they are going with the story after Thanos.
No, I think it will decline after Avengers 4. That will be its peak, assuming Infinity War wasn't already its peak. It will never reach the popularity it sees with Avengers 4 ever again. The movies will still be making bank. I don't expect any of them to be flops unless Feige were to leave. After a few years, however, I do expect to see box office disappointments for the studio but not necessarily flops like we see at WB with DC.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No, I think it will decline after Avengers 4. That will be its peak, assuming Infinity War wasn't already its peak. It will never reach the popularity it sees with Avengers 4 ever again. The movies will still be making bank. I don't expect any of them to be flops unless Feige were to leave. After a few years, however, I do expect to see box office disappointments for the studio but not necessarily flops like we see at WB with DC.

Again you're making the assumption they can't transition to a new story arc the public will be interested in. I just don't see that right now.

With a new story arc, it'll have a beginning that will start off slow just like Iron Man. And then build again until you hit the climax and then have an ending just like Avengers 4. Its something that Marvel has been successful with on the comic side for generations. And now are doing it again with the MCU.

They have so many story arcs they can continue with in the MCU. The biggest one of all will be coming if Fox is completed, Avengers vs X-Men.

TROR

Again you're making the assumption they can't transition to a new story arc the public will be interested in. I just don't see that right now.

With a new story arc, it'll have a beginning that will start off slow just like Iron Man. And then build again until you hit the climax and then have an ending just like Avengers 4. Its something that Marvel has been successful with on the comic side for generations. And now are doing it again with the MCU.

They have so many story arcs they can continue with in the MCU. The biggest one of all will be coming if Fox is completed, Avengers vs X-Men.
I never said that they couldn't make a story arc people will be interested in. I said the movies will still make bank. But they're not going to reach the numbers of Infinity War and/or Avengers 4 ever again. That's the peak of the MCU.

There's a lot of factors that can contribute into a public lack of interest in the MCU, however, if we want to discuss that.
• People like closure. Things that go on forever tend to lose interest when it's clear there's no end goal.
• Younger generations will not want to be defined by the older generations. The MCU is not their thing, it's their older siblings' thing.
• Potential decline in quality. Not saying it will necessarily happen, but if Feige were to ever leave I don't think the MCU could sustain itself.
• Boredom. The movies are pretty similar as far as structure goes. "hurr durr they're different genres like political thriller and heist hurr" is a stupid argument by stupid people to defend the fact Doctor Strange and Iron Man or Ant Man and Iron Man are the same thing or that we've seen heroes fighting each other in Thor, Avengers, Avengers 2, Civil War, and Infinity War. They're very repetitive.
• Fatigue. Three movies a year is tiring. People are already sick of Star Wars movies. Fortunately for the MCU, unlike Star Wars, people are used to having it shoved in their face ever few months. Star Wars is supposed to be an event.
• Comic book movies are stupid. This is just wishful thinking, but comic book movies are dumb and I'd like to see audiences demand more out of their summer blockbusters than people hitting each other. Black Panther was alright until the end and Winter Soldier did a good job, but for the most part they all having nothing to say. Even Civil War, which could've been an interesting look at what rights do they have, sucked in that regard. The Incredibles and its sequel did that much better. Judging by the reactions of people to The Last Jedi, though, no one wants good movies anymore. Just fan service garbage.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I never said that they couldn't make a story arc people will be interested in. I said the movies will still make bank. But they're not going to reach the numbers of Infinity War and/or Avengers 4 ever again. That's the peak of the MCU.

There's a lot of factors that can contribute into a public lack of interest in the MCU, however, if we want to discuss that.

Sure lets discuss each point, though we should take this into another thread, but here goes:

• People like closure. Things that go on forever tend to lose interest when it's clear there's no end goal.

You're right people do like closure. But with a new story arc its a new beginning. So with that comes the end of the old and the start of something new.
• Younger generations will not want to be defined by the older generations. The MCU is not their thing, it's their older siblings' thing.
Younger generations appear to be latching onto the characters fairly well at this point. We'll see how it continues but this point I don't see as being a problem as each generation has had their take on the characters. For example new characters come in, and older characters fade out. That is how you keep it interesting and keep the public engaged.
• Potential decline in quality. Not saying it will necessarily happen, but if Feige were to ever leave I don't think the MCU could sustain itself.
This is not something to talk about until Feige decides to leave. But the quality can be maintained if someone like Jon Favreau takes over, he has been involved since the beginning. So he has the same vision as Feige.
• Boredom. The movies are pretty similar as far as structure goes. "hurr durr they're different genres like political thriller and heist hurr" is a stupid argument by stupid people to defend the fact Doctor Strange and Iron Man or Ant Man and Iron Man are the same thing or that we've seen heroes fighting each other in Thor, Avengers, Avengers 2, Civil War, and Infinity War. They're very repetitive.
• Fatigue. Three movies a year is tiring. People are already sick of Star Wars movies. Fortunately for the MCU, unlike Star Wars, people are used to having it shoved in their face ever few months. Star Wars is supposed to be an event.

These two technically are the same thing. The reason why the MCU works is because even though they are different genres within each story they use the same familiar characters. And so far the new characters they keep introducing have been a hit. We'll see what happens with fans when the inevitable character passing happens. Will it be a simple Tony moves to CA to start up West Coast Avengers. Or will it be something more harsh like Tony and Steve Rogers die defeating Thanos and others have to take up the roles of Iron Man and Capt in the future. I for one can't wait to see how it turns out.

Now SW is different as the fans only seem to want the Skywalker saga, and don't want their beloved characters to die. We'll see if JJ can clean that up with EP9. Fans will have to transition at some point to a future without a Skywalker saga. A new story arc has to be in there at some point. You just can't maintain a whole universe around one family.

• Comic book movies are stupid. This is just wishful thinking, but comic book movies are dumb and I'd like to see audiences demand more out of their summer blockbusters than people hitting each other. Black Panther was alright until the end and Winter Soldier did a good job, but for the most part they all having nothing to say. Even Civil War, which could've been an interesting look at what rights do they have, sucked in that regard. The Incredibles and its sequel did that much better. Judging by the reactions of people to The Last Jedi, though, no one wants good movies anymore. Just fan service garbage.

Sorry but the overall public disagrees with you on this. At least for now the public likes what is being put out by the MCU.

I understand this is your own opinion, but the rest of the world doesn't agree with you, at least for now. Will there be a time when comic movies become passe, sure because everything has a cycle. It doesn't mean that it will happen anytime soon. Nor does that mean when it ends it will be over forever. Just like with everything, the cycle comes back around again.

TROR

I understand this is your own opinion, but the rest of the world doesn't agree with you, at least for now. Will there be a time when comic movies become passe, sure because everything has a cycle. It doesn't mean that it will happen anytime soon. Nor does that mean when it ends it will be over forever. Just like with everything, the cycle comes back around again.
We're in agreement. I, by no means, think the MCU will end after Avengers 4. The next movie right after isn't going to make $5 and that's it. It'll be successful, no doubt. It'll be a few years into the 20's when you really see the public interest just not being the same. That's still a while away. Five years from now, let's say, the MCU will not be the big thing anymore. Now let's never discuss this topic again until 2023.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
We're in agreement. I, by no means, think the MCU will end after Avengers 4. The next movie right after isn't going to make $5 and that's it. It'll be successful, no doubt. It'll be a few years into the 20's when you really see the public interest just not being the same. That's still a while away. Five years from now, let's say, the MCU will not be the big thing anymore. Now let's never discuss this topic again until 2023.

That is where you and I differ, my point is and will always be - If they can pivot to a new story arc that can continue to capture the pubic attention then it'll continue to be successful until at least the 20 year mark, which will be in 2028. If you've seen Ant-Man and Wasp you'll see how things line up for Avengers 4. With those hints and Capt Marvel coming, you can see where Phase 4 is heading, exploring more of the Universe away from Earth and the Quantum Realm. Its going to be interesting.

Phroobar

That is where you and I differ, my point is and will always be - If they can pivot to a new story arc that can continue to capture the pubic attention then it'll continue to be successful until at least the 20 year mark, which will be in 2028. If you've seen Ant-Man and Wasp you'll see how things line up for Avengers 4. With those hints and Capt Marvel coming, you can see where Phase 4 is heading, exploring more of the Universe away from Earth and the Quantum Realm. Its going to be interesting.
I'm waiting for this movie.

star.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom