World Of Color Refurbishment

jrhwdw

Eyes On Ears has a stream set up at Grand Californian and I saw testing this morning! It looks to me more like WOC than WOC: SOL. So IDK what show we're getting if it does open this weekend.

Here's the vid, testing starts at about 3:07:00

Disneylover152

Honestly, I think it would be a neat addition to see projections of characters on the scream tubes in the Incredicoaster during World of Color. Like, during Finding Nemo having them act as the E.A.C. with Crush and the Sea turtles.

Disney Analyst

Well the testing looked good! IDK why nothing's been said about PTN returning since WOC is obviously not really to go!

Testing looked good for sure. Unsure what they need to know before they are ready to show it again. Unless they are just looking for consistency?

VJ

I think they want to confirm without a doubt that it's 100% before publicly showing it. It'd absolutely suck if they premiered the show only for something else to happen/break.

Ismael Flores

it will probably be back once most annual passes are blocked out. They probably worried that the surprise return would bring in huge crowds this week aince its the last weekend for most passes.
DCA has already been crowded with passholders and tourist i dont think they need more passholders creating parking nightmares in the evening

Last edited:

Phroobar

Don't you love the attitude of block everyone's annual pass except mine. Forum members with annual passes are such hypocrites.

Ismael Flores

Don't you love the attitude of block everyone's annual pass except mine. Forum members with annual passes are such hypocrites.

I hope that wasn't meant for me because even though i have an annual pass mine will be blocked and i wouldn't care either way. There is no way i would ever pay that high of a price but i do think that could be a reason to delay the return of the show a bit.

I have a pass but go no more than once a month and that is if i am not traveling. At most i go no more than 8 times a year but from the reports i have seen the parks have been busy and DCA supposedly has seen big crowds this year since Halloween.

Maybe they were hoping to bring back WOC at the end of this week without announcement but when it leaked out that it was coming back they decided to hold off to prevent overcrowding on the last weekend of most annual passes being unblocked.

I know that other parks in the region including Knotts are also seeing high volume of crowds. Went to Knotts last weekend and they were using all parking lots. aside from the normal locals the park was packed with tourist which i found interesting since Knotts has normally been a local park. They were also hosting several corporate Holiday events that made for a packed park and limited parking

I think that even the convention center has some events going on this weekend. don't know if any of this could have played into the decision to hold off on the show and maybe they decided to postpone it and then just present it for Christmas week and new years Eve countdown.

Of course i am just speculating

Phroobar

I hope that wasn't meant for me because even though i have an annual pass mine will be blocked and i wouldn't care either way. There is no way i would ever pay that high of a price but i do think that could be a reason to delay the return of the show a bit.

I have a pass but go no more than once a month and that is if i am not traveling. At most i go no more than 8 times a year but from the reports i have seen the parks have been busy and DCA supposedly has seen big crowds this year since Halloween.

Maybe they were hoping to bring back WOC at the end of this week without announcement but when it leaked out that it was coming back they decided to hold off to prevent overcrowding on the last weekend of most annual passes being unblocked.

I know that other parks in the region including Knotts are also seeing high volume of crowds. Went to Knotts last weekend and they were using all parking lots. aside from the normal locals the park was packed with tourist which i found interesting since Knotts has normally been a local park. They were also hosting several corporate Holiday events that made for a packed park and limited parking

I think that even the convention center has some events going on this weekend. don't know if any of this could have played into the decision to hold off on the show and maybe they decided to postpone it and then just present it for Christmas week and new years Eve countdown.

Of course i am just speculating
Of course not you. I mean the ones that have deluxe or better APs and go at lease once a week. Those are the ones advocating adding more blockage to lower level passes. Personally I believe if you really care about Disneyland and want to help over crowding, you stay away for a few years. It's easy to get burned out on the park if you treat it like a mall. Personally I enjoy Knotts more because it still has that charm that Disney killed with stupid promotions, over pricing and lemming overcrowding.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

The entertainment listing on site has been updated. Now contains a video showing clips of Season of Light and removed late 2018 replaced with “scheduled to return soon”

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The entertainment listing on site has been updated. Now contains a video showing clips of Season of Light and removed late 2018 replaced with “scheduled to return soon”

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see it operating for Christmas week, with the first showing the 21st.

If it happens they barely got it fixed before 2019. ;)

Disney Analyst

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see it operating for Christmas week, with the first showing the 21st.

If it happens they barely got it fixed before 2019. ;)

You could be right. Be a good way to help with Christmas crowds. Also I assume they want it going for New Years Eve or Disneyland will get wrecked by the crowds.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But without DCA's World of Color New Years thing, Disneyland and the Esplanade would get everyone wanting to countdown to New Years.

My point was that NYE is THE busiest day of year, WoC isn’t going make that any different. But I suppose if WoC is running it’s one more area available for the countdown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom