World Of Color Refurbishment

EvilChameleon

They should have just brought back LuminAria for this holiday season so that they could have unleashed WoC with a bang on NYE.

I'm only partially kidding.

Disney Analyst

My point was that NYE is THE busiest day of year, WoC isn’t going make that any different. But I suppose if WoC is running it’s one more area available for the countdown.

Totally, which is why having the other major countdown operational from an operations stand point would be optimal. You need to spread the guests out as much as possible. They may just switch to a fireworks only show if WOC isn’t ready by New Years perhaps?

jrhwdw

Looking bleak for December, eh?
Very! According to Twitter WOC will not be back this year! No return date ! Just that it won't be back for the next several months! No mention of PTN either, so we just have Mickey's Mix Magic and F! for nighttime entertainment in 2019! Rollseyes!

jaxonp

They were running the show at night when I stayed at the grand last week. Not sure what the hold up is but it must be something.

Disneylover152

Heres an article about it not returning until 2019:
https://www.sbsun.com/2018/12/18/disneylands-world-of-color-show-wont-be-back-until-next-year/

You'd think by now Disney would have created a temporary form of nighttime entertainment for the lagoon to show in the holiday season. Disney has countless nighttime show soundtracks in their library. Resurrect one of them and program the fun wheel, Incredicoaster lights, spotlights, lasers. Create some projections for the Mickey and maybe on the highest Incredicoaster scream tube. Maybe a few fireworks? Add some LED screens to the area and a few characters/entertainment people and there you go! Sure it's not the same as World of Color, but it sure will add some nighttime entertainment that can keep guests entertained. Plus they will have an additional nighttime entertainment possibility for whenever World of Color goes for refurbishment. It's not like they would have to build anything. Everything they have is already in place. They just program a new show.

Still hoping for a New Years Eve return though.

Ryan120420

Maybe they are waiting to re-open World of Color when Galaxy's Edge opens. Gives people, especially the locals an excuse to go to DCA to see it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hate to say I told you so...but.

mommy-has-a-potty-mouth.png

Travel Junkie

I mean anyone who went to DCA and saw that giant stage blocking 1/2 the viewing area from seeing the fountains would realize they had little faith WOC would be open in time for the holidays.

TTA94

Trust, if WOC could be open right now, it would be. DCA desperately needs it. There's no intentional delaying going on here, just years of maintenance negligence that are now costing millions of dollars to fix after the fact.

At least this should mean PTN will be back sooner than later. Had WoC returned this holiday season that could have potentially pushed off PTNs return next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom