World of Color Making It's Way to Animal Kingdom?

Tim_4

WoC would be a great addition, but I'm not sure DAK stays open late enough.
That's the point. Right now DAK can't stay open late enough because there's not enough to do. With the extension of park hours and the addition of Avatar, there will be more to keep guests entertained after dark when the animals have been brought in.

Plus, there are much better places at WDW to put WOC should they ever get it. AK is NOT one of those.
I'm not commenting on the credibility of the rumor but Animal Kingdom is THE place to put WOC if a WDW park were getting it. Magic Kingdom has a parade and fireworks, Studios has Fantasmic, and Epcot has IllumiNations. The business purpose of nighttime spectaculars is to keep guests in the park for dinner. Table service dining is highly profitable and Animal Kingdom is missing this revenue stream entirely. Extending park hours will keep guests dining and spending long into the evening.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That's the point. Right now DAK can't stay open late enough because there's not enough to do. With the extension of park hours and the addition of Avatar, there will be more to keep guests entertained after dark when the animals have been brought in.

I'm not commenting on the credibility of the rumor but Animal Kingdom is THE place to put WOC if a WDW park were getting it. Magic Kingdom has a parade and fireworks, Studios has Fantasmic, and Epcot has IllumiNations. The business purpose of nighttime spectaculars is to keep guests in the park for dinner. Table service dining is highly profitable and Animal Kingdom is missing this revenue stream entirely. Extending park hours will keep guests dining and spending long into the evening.

You are on to something there. If they really wanted to keep people there at night they should really add some sort of dinner show type restaurant. Picture an African Safari style lodge with large fire pits, rows of tables and some authentic African dancing/entertainment. Sorta like the Luau at the Poly but with African type shows instead of Polynesian. They could build an Asian inspired restaurant in Asia. Maybe a Hibachi and sushi style place. Could be a show there too. In Dinoland they could build a T-Rex style restaurant I guess. Would be a bit redundant, but they have a duplicate Rainforest Cafe so maybe it would work. Pandora's restaurant could be open late for dinner too. If you have more rides open late with Pandora and a few good restaurant choices to keep people there for dinner a nighttime show makes sense. Not sure WOC does, but some sorta end of day show like the other parks does.

imagineer boy

A WOC type show would work perfectly at AK. And yes, it should have a nature theme, perhaps with a theme of the cycle of nature similar to the FIrebird suite in Fantasia 2000? Now if they can't build it in the Discovery River area, then maybe it would be better if they built it off to the side in a special arena similar to Fantasmic.

wdwgreek

I’m just concerned that a water nighttime show may disturb the animals. Wasn’t that why they didn’t have firework? Would this type of addition hurt or effect the animal life in anyway?

I think WOC would be welcome, but I’m not convinced it would be perfect for Animal Kingdom. The only reason why it makes sense is that AK is the only part without night time entertainment, and if they are trying to make AK be a full day park a nightshow would be helpful. And WOC is awesome so that helps!

Tim_4

I’m just concerned that a water nighttime show may disturb the animals. Wasn’t that why they didn’t have firework? Would this type of addition hurt or effect the animal life in anyway?

I think WOC would be welcome, but I’m not convinced it would be perfect for Animal Kingdom. The only reason why it makes sense is that AK is the only part without night time entertainment, and if they are trying to make AK be a full day park a nightshow would be helpful. And WOC is awesome so that helps!
You're right about the fireworks but I don't see why the water would cause problems.

wdwgreek

Doesn't WOC feature some pyrotechnics? I feel like a load water show with lights and effects enless its in an isolated corner like Camp Miney Mickey or in the front of the park would disturb the animals in their sleep cycles?

Tim_4

Doesn't WOC feature some pyrotechnics? I feel like a load water show with lights and effects enless its in an isolated corner like Camp Miney Mickey or in the front of the park would disturb the animals in their sleep cycles?
It's not the light of the fireworks that would cause potential problems, it's the sound.

wdwgreek

It's not the light of the fireworks that would cause potential problems, it's the sound.
Im fully aware that sound is effective factor not light, again though this show is both audio-visual, and I presume it would feature some loud music and sounds. I was simply inquiring if said effects, not the lights, would distrub the animal life at all. And if based on said concerns it would be placed in the front half of the park?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Im fully aware that sound is effective factor not light, again though this show is both audio-visual, and I presume it would feature some loud music and sounds. I was simply inquiring if said effects, not the lights, would distrub the animal life at all. And if based on said concerns it would be placed in the front half of the park?

I would guess it would go somewhere in the front half of the park anyway. The back half with the animals would be closed at night so they wouldn't want people going back there unnecessarily even if the sound was not a factor for the animals.

AintNoOtherMan

I think Animal Kingdom could have a really stunning show. I don't think World of Color would work though. All the reasons presented prove it. Plus, it should remain a Disneyland only show. It's probably the thing I'm looking most forward to about my trip to Disneyland this summer!

Btw this thread made me relieved. I always thought I was the only teenager on this forum!

wdwgreek

Btw this thread made me relieved. I always thought I was the only teenager on this forum![/quote]

I think its hard to gauge the age of members all the time, but yay for teenagers!

Kobe!!

Fireworks are a no go at DAK cuz of the AZA.

I can't see it going to Springs either..you can seriously imagine Disney offering this show for anyone to see fro free, can you?

DizFiz

Highly doubt WOC is coming to AK but would be great... AK closes right around dusk considering that is when all the animals sleep for the night and that most the attractions only operate during the Day.

jt04

Highly doubt WOC is coming to AK but would be great... AK closes right around dusk considering that is when all the animals sleep for the night and that most the attractions only operate during the Day.

This would not be a problem for a WoC or other evening spectacular that does not involve fireworks. Modern audio systems allow sound to be very localized. The animals would not hear a thing.

That said, seems to me WoC fits in with a park like DHS much better and can include fireworks.

That does not mean though that DAK could not use a show at the end of the day that then dumps guests into the parking lot. I love that.

Wisney101971

A World of Color type show would be perfect for Animal Kingdom. It would have very little noise (compared to pyrotechnics) and could be tied nicely into the theme of Animal Kingdom. Here would be the perfect location:
247868_orig.png

They could build viewing areas around the lagoon. It would be nice to have a show like this in Animal Kingdom.

mouse_luv

Okay expert. If you would like to explain to me where you are going to put this magical night time spectacular in AK? B/C the current water areas in the park aren't going to cut it. So are you building a man made water way somewhere in the park that's NOT going to disturb the animals at night? Also, where are these wonderful TS restaurants to generate revenue from this? I never suggested that EPCOT get it, Illuminations needs to go no where.
I'm not going to sit here and speculate, but MK needs something newer than Wishes. So say fantillusion comes over from DLP...technically that could work for the MK, we have the moats to have the water jets that wouldnt take too much altering. Wishes is great and I love it, but it's getting stale. People constantly moan and groan on here that DHS needs new things to pull guests in. And how old and run down Fantasmic is. We don't need a new fantasmic from TDLR, b/c that one while it has different props, etc, isn't so impressive. Why not put WOC there? The area exists that it would work. I mean, if you definitely NEED WOC at WDW.
Many of us on here just don't see WOC workable and the thing that needs to bring in the people and revenue to AK with it staying open longer. There could be other options to keep it open longer that would work with the existing dining options etc, but sorry WOC isn't it.

twebber55

Okay expert. If you would like to explain to me where you are going to put this magical night time spectacular in AK? B/C the current water areas in the park aren't going to cut it. So are you building a man made water way somewhere in the park that's NOT going to disturb the animals at night? Also, where are these wonderful TS restaurants to generate revenue from this? I never suggested that EPCOT get it, Illuminations needs to go no where.
I'm not going to sit here and speculate, but MK needs something newer than Wishes. So say fantillusion comes over from DLP...technically that could work for the MK, we have the moats to have the water jets that wouldnt take too much altering. Wishes is great and I love it, but it's getting stale. People constantly moan and groan on here that DHS needs new things to pull guests in. And how old and run down Fantasmic is. We don't need a new fantasmic from TDLR, b/c that one while it has different props, etc, isn't so impressive. Why not put WOC there? The area exists that it would work. I mean, if you definately NEED WOC at WDW.
Many of us on here just don't see WOC workable and the thing that needs to bring in the people and revenue to AK with it staying open longer. There could be other options to keep it open longer that would work with the existing dining options etc, but sorry WOC isn't it.

Maybe they re putting it in the front which would explain the downsizing of avatar because a new water show

Why the condensending attitude? People are just giving opinions

mouse_luv

Maybe they re putting it in the front which would explain the downsizing of avatar because a new water show

Why the condensending attitude? People are just giving opinions

First of all, there are experts/insiders here saying never going to happen. Most people liked my original post and he wanted to call me out on it and be snarky, I was giving my opinion. If I can't give my opinion w/o him having a say in it, why can't I reply.
Doesn't mean I have a condesending attitude. It's a message board. Get used to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom