World of Color Making It's Way to Animal Kingdom?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Geez... I'm 15 and the last time I saw Illuminations was when I was 7, sorry that I've seemed to have forgotten.
You're 15 and you still love Disney? God bless you.
I hope you love it forever. My 18 year old son is anxious to go back. My 16 year old is "over it".
P.S. - You can enjoy Universal too. It's not a crime.

doctornick

If this happens, under the current configuration of the park, the likely location would be in the big water area between Dinoland and Asia. The viewing area would probably be from Dinoland -- from between Nemo to the path behind the Boneyard. I think there is space they could use for a viewing area along the river.

Alternatively, I guess they could create a new lake for it as part of building Pandora. I don't think they would use the space for that.

If this happens and DAK becomes a "full day park" in terms of hours, they could still close Africa, Rafiki's and most of Asia (except Everest) at dusk and leave the front of the park (Dinoland, Discovery Island, Pandora + Everest) open, which would minimize the number of animals disturbed later at night.

I agree that the WoC show itself makes no sense for DAK, but using the same setup for an animal based show would be great. There's plenty of Disney IP that would work and they can intersperse dramatic real animal footage.

stevehousse

I too hav thought about them puttin some kind of nighttime show at DD to attract more people! World of color would be perfect there, and I think would really help attract people to the area.

I really like the new Disney springs concept and all the new offering being rumored! But since the new concept is based on water and springs, it would definitely make sense to have some type of water show like that there!

doctornick

This doesn't do much if the WOC rumor is true. AK is the park that closes the earliest of the 4 and having WOC doesn't seem to be a good mix unless they are planning to extend AK's hours. Extending AK's hours wouldn't make AK a full day park, but have the same issue as DHS has.

I am saying that because even if Avatar is coming, WDW 1974 says one Avatar attraction is coming. What AK needs 3 more attractions, not 1 to make it a full day park.

I agree that DAK needs more attractions to justify the longer hours. At a minimum, they need two rides out of whatever goes into CMM -- whether that be Pandora or whatever. If Pandora only has 1 ride, then clearly something else would also need to go there.

The other thing is what would happen with Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade & Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade if WOC does happen.

Why would that be affected?

wdwfan4ver

This doesn't do much if the WOC rumor is true. AK is the park that closes the earliest of the 4 and having WOC doesn't seem to be a good mix unless they are planning to extend AK's hours. Extending AK's hours wouldn't make AK a full day park, but have the same issue as DHS has.

I am saying that because even if Avatar is coming, WDW 1974 says one Avatar attraction is coming. What AK needs 3 more attractions, not 1 to make it a full day park.

WDW97

You're 15 and you still love Disney? God bless you.
I hope you love it forever. My 18 year old son is anxious to go back. My 16 year old is "over it".
P.S. - You can enjoy Universal too. It's not a crime.
Haha, this made me laugh (my friends are always like "how do you like that place, it's so childish", and yes I can see where that comes in, because all the rides like the hulk are a lot fun, but the theming and elabrorate detail is what I think gets me). Yep I'm 15 and proud to say I love Disney I've been to Universal, but I didn't like Universal and IoA was alot of more fun than Universal, but I went before Potter World opened, but Disney will always be my favorite.

Sped2424

He said they are being told that the addition of WoC is in efforts to make AK an all day park. He didn't mention a time table, but I'll ask.

And thanks for the real response, not sure the why the other cynical responses are necessary. Just trying to contribute.
The cynical responses are unfortunately the realistic welcome on this site. However I havent heard anything about WOC coming thank you for the news! And Welcome to WDW

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Welcome.
WoC would be a great addition, but I'm not sure DAK stays open late enough. Earlier today, I read someone mention WoC for Epcot, while others have suggested Disney Springs.
Did your family member mention a timetable for this?
I'm sure Lee, Martin or '74 will chime in and let us know.

Guess WoC would fit in with the older rumors of AK staying open later and using the night vision glasses to view the critters.

doctornick

A WoC type show can't go into the lake at AK. It requires a controlled and treated body of water, such as Paradise Bay at DCA.

Could you explain what you mean by this? Could the Discovery River be modified to work? At this point, they aren't doing anything specific with the river, so why couldn't they develop it for a show.

I'm skeptical of anything coming to DAK, but I am more curious as to the physical possibility.

Rob562

Could you explain what you mean by this? Could the Discovery River be modified to work? At this point, they aren't doing anything specific with the river, so why couldn't they develop it for a show.

I'm skeptical of anything coming to DAK, but I am more curious as to the physical possibility.

He means that the river in AK is essentially a natural body of water. The same holds true of World Showcase Lagoon and the lake at Downtown Disney. The bottom is natural and uneven with dead leaves, branches, etc. There is no filtration of the water.

Paradise Bay, where WOC is located at DCA, is an entirely fake body of water. It's entirely enclosed, with a concrete bottom and sides. It has a filtration system to keep the water clean and to keep the water to exact levels. (For all intents and purposes, it's a giant swimming pool) The WOC system and hardware require all of that.

The closest thing that WDW has to that right now is Echo Lake at the Studios.

The only possibility for Downtown Disney would be like a previous poster said, use the new bridge/causeway in the Marketplace as a way to separate the lake water and rebuild that entire inner "harbor" to be an enclosed body of water.

There *was* talk about possibly incorporating some of the fountain tech from WoC onto the Reflections of Earth barges, but that was just rumors/speculation. I'm not even sure if they'd be able to operate with untreated water.

-Rob

WDW1974

A WoC type show can't go into the lake at AK. It requires a controlled and treated body of water, such as Paradise Bay at DCA.
That rumor is old, and has been dismissed long ago.

That part is true.
As for it actually ever happening...

OK. That's it. No WoC for DAK. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

Let's please not have a 43 page thread on something that is NOT happening and has been refuted multiple times when brought up. Let's assume the newbie meant well and is passing on just what he/she heard and move on to other threads.

EDIT: and it ain't coming to DD either!!! C'mon ... nothing to see here ...

Californian Elitist

OK. That's it. No WoC for DAK. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

Let's please not have a 43 page thread on something that is NOT happening and has been refuted multiple times when brought up. Let's assume the newbie meant well and is passing on just what he/she heard and move on to other threads.

EDIT: and it ain't coming to DD either!!! C'mon ... nothing to see here ...

I was wondering when you were going to show up in this thread.;)

WDW1974

I was wondering when you were going to show up in this thread.;)

I've had a busy and not all that pleasant week. But I've heard some folks at TWDC are having worse weekends. Ya gotta hate when the truth comes back to bite you in the collective arses! :)

But I REALLY am tired of threads here that have no basis for being and take on lives of their own. They waste our time and they cost MAGIC cred because they are so inane.

Californian Elitist

I've had a busy and not all that pleasant week. But I've heard some folks at TWDC are having worse weekends. Ya gotta hate when the truth comes back to bite you in the collective arses! :)

But I REALLY am tired of threads here that have no basis for being and take on lives of their own. They waste our time and they cost MAGIC cred because they are so inane.

I've had a rough week, too, and my weekend has been crap.

I always laugh when I see threads like these, because I always imagine what your facial expression looks like when you see them. What a hoot.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom