World of Color Making It's Way to Animal Kingdom?

dcibrando

everytime this comes up...so many of us forget you can't just stick WOC in any water area. It has to be clean clear water not lake or pond water so if it goes anywhere it wouldn't be an existing waterway

danlb_2000

Premium Member
He said they are being told that the addition of WoC is in efforts to make AK an all day park. He didn't mention a time table, but I'll ask.

And thanks for the real response, not sure the why the other cynical responses are necessary. Just trying to contribute.

Don't take it personally. We constantly get new members here posting rumors and 99.999% of the time they turn out to be totally untrue so we tend to be pretty cynical about rumors especially when they don't come from proven sources.

G00fyDad

He said they are being told that the addition of WoC is in efforts to make AK an all day park. He didn't mention a time table, but I'll ask.

And thanks for the real response, not sure the why the other cynical responses are necessary. Just trying to contribute.

They wouldn't add WoC to make it an all day park. Little else will accomplish that other than keeping it open as late as other parks. And to do that they'd need more attractions to fill out the day.

G00fyDad

Welcome.
WoC would be a great addition, but I'm not sure DAK stays open late enough. Earlier today, I read someone mention WoC for Epcot, while others have suggested Disney Springs.
Did your family member mention a timetable for this?
I'm sure Lee, Martin or '74 will chime in and let us know.

Disney Springs wouldn't work. Disney will want to make sure you have to purchase a park ticket to see this. ;)

matt9112

people like to flame.....dont pay attention to them. some people think there imagineers or something and there heads are....oh wait =) but really dont mind them.

cookiee_munster

id like to think that designers are currently working on plans to implement a world of colour type show into a newly built lagoon for the avatar area.
its a great reason to have it there, because its kind of away(ish) from the animals and its right near the entrance/exit of the park, so once the show has ended and park closed its easy enough to exit guests right to the car parks.
i watched the film again last night in 3D and was starting to warm to the idea of it coming to Animal Kingdom. visually anyway it would be something amazing for the park, especially in the evening (bio-luminescence + world of colour type show = amazeballs)

JustInTime

Animal Kingdom as a full day park needs to happen. And a world of color show would fit perfectly as long as its animal themed. All they'd have to do is make sure certain animal exhibits and rides close early.

bethymouse

I don't believe it is for AK. Just MHO.
The Avatar thing might happen, but until the construction actually begins, frankly I don't care.:( Sorry.:(
World of Color would be a nice addition to DHS. But, what about Fantasmic!?:eek: DD will never happen as it's just shops and restaurants and such.:(
I would like to see WOC at WDW somewhere. It's beautiful. So hope the rumor is true.;)
BTW- welcome and don't let us Disney freaks stop you from offering your opinion.;):):D

Mel Webb

I live in Orlando and last year when I was at Rafikis Planet watch I overheard 2 cast members discussing exactly this. World of Color coming and they want to make it an all day park. I heard it with my own ears one year ago.

jt04

Frontline cast members are being told that Avatar is the largest single component of a bigger overall plan to make Animal Kingdom a full day park. In his farewell message before leaving for Disneyland, Michael talked about more surprises to come in addition to Avatar that he was very excited about, but no specifics.

There is a rumor that construction barriers have also gone up near CMM that are not related to moving FotLK. Sooooo, sounds like Avatar may be getting underway much earlier than was announced. Like 8 months earlier. All that Uni construction must be a motivator.

themonkeyisthesultan

There is a rumor that construction barriers have also gone up near CMM that are not related to moving FotLK. Sooooo, sounds like Avatar may be getting underway much earlier than was announced. Like 8 months earlier. All that Uni construction must be a motivator.
There is a large fenced off area marked with a construction sign like the Africa site and the whole area is suddenly full of cones in odd patterns both in and out of the fenced part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom