World of Color in EPCOT?????

Mickey92

I wouldn't mind seeing World of Color somewhere at WDW! I'm currently watching the whole show on youtube! Awesome water show! And great music!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think it would be beautiful in the World Showcase lake (forgot name :eek:), but it has nothing to do with the theme of EPCOT.... not like anything else does either. :lol: (jk)

How about Downtown Disney? That'd be a nice place for world of color.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

PhilharMagician

I think it would be beautiful in the World Showcase lake (forgot name :eek:), but it has nothing to do with the theme of EPCOT.... not like anything else does either. :lol: (jk)

How about Downtown Disney? That'd be a nice place for world of color.

Neither will happen. The water cannot be muddy from a natural bottom lake. WOC uses a man made concrete lagoon. There is a lot of things happening just below the waters surface.

scottnj1966

I sure would love that World of Color show somewhere at WDW. Not sure where it would fit, but somewhere would be a great addition.

Kamikaze

Does anyone think this will happen??? The lagoon seems to be a perfect spot for this show.

Will elements and effects from WoC eventually be incorporated into shows on World Showcase Lagoon? Absolutely.

Will the actual show 'World of Color' appear there? Not a chance. Besides the obvious thematic issues, the lagoon would have to be drained for it to be installed. Would be much cheaper to build a new location somewhere off of WS to show it. Some of the effects, however, can be installed without draining everything.

ryguy

Wouldn't the Fantasmic location be a logical landing spot? The show needs some reworking. Also doesn't Rivers of America have a concrete bottom. Maybe they could incorporate WOC if they redo the Tom Sawyer Island area. :shrug: I guess the only problem with that would be a viewing area of the show.
I think the best solution is two use the technology and make a unique show to WDW at the Studios. That makes the most sense to me.

TREVON 2.0

I'd love to see an incarnation of this as an "attraction" for Downtown Disney.

Wouldn't this be a disturbance for the resort guests right across the way? Also for the boats? And don't forget about how this is a "natural" lake, meaning, it's just like a real lake so things would get pretty grimy fast. (Like the water sprayers and lights)

Just Sayin'.

Kamikaze

Wouldn't this be a disturbance for the resort guests right across the way? Also for the boats? And don't forget about how this is a "natural" lake, meaning, it's just like a real lake so things would get pretty grimy fast. (Like the water sprayers and lights)

Just Sayin'.

They've never worried about disturbing nearby guests before (Epcot area hotels).

They would have to drain (or partially drain) the lake and keep it separate from the rest of the water.

PhilharMagician

They've never worried about disturbing nearby guests before (Epcot area hotels).

They would have to drain (or partially drain) the lake and keep it separate from the rest of the water.

Yes and they would not want to disturb guests at SSR in the past with fireworks displays every night just across the pond.

Disturbing guests would noy be an issue. The muddy mess and spending money on a show that would be available to anybody without paying any sort of admission seems to be far fetched. Fantasmic cannot even be shown nightly.

Kamikaze

Yes and they would not want to disturb guests at SSR in the past with fireworks displays every night just across the pond.

They had fireworks (short as they were) for the New Year's Eve event nightly at PI for how many years with a whole row of hotels right across the parking lot? I'm sure those could be heard.

Disturbing guests would noy be an issue. The muddy mess and spending money on a show that would be available to anybody without paying any sort of admission seems to be far fetched. Fantasmic cannot even be shown nightly.

That I completely agree with. Why give something for free when you can charge for it?

PhilharMagician

They had fireworks (short as they were) for the New Year's Eve event nightly at PI for how many years with a whole row of hotels right across the parking lot? I'm sure those could be heard.

That I completely agree with. Why give something for free when you can charge for it?

Yeah, I know. I was being a little sarcastic. We used to enjoy watching the fireworks from our balcony at SSR. When we bought into DVC/SSR I kind of remember there was a small clause about the fireworks in the contract somewhere and they used the fireworks as a perk for selling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom