World of Color in EPCOT?????

raven

If HW is at all what it can be then they will need all the parking the currently have. now.

Ever hear of a parking structure? This would keep the number of parking spaces they have but also free up a lot of land. Look at DL and Universal. Brilliant idea if you ask me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Keep Pleasure Island plan? Explain please.
I`ve touched on it before, basically build an arc of DTD to the SE of PI to contain traffic flow in the mall area between the Marketplace and Westside. Basically extend DTDs shops into a PI bypass. Which would have called on a radical rethink of vehicle flow and parking as Raven just mentioned.

Edit; here`s how it was explained to me:

Attachments

• Village area masterplan late 90s web.jpg
    Village area masterplan late 90s web.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 141

jt04

Ever hear of a parking structure? This would keep the number of parking spaces they have but also free up a lot of land. Look at DL and Universal. Brilliant idea if you ask me.

If I ever post my ideas for a resort wide transportation system you would see I am a big advocate of parking facilities including for DTD. I have always thought this is the direction they should go as it would provide for excellent security and revenue that could be allocated towards developing the area to its full potential. I would like to see a system similar to Universal with validated parking for those making purchases or for ticketed events. Those there for free entertainment and special events would pay a parking fee.

Iger does not seem to be a fan of the DTD's but personally I think the potential is limitless. Both as a must see for those traveling from other areas and locals.

jt04

I`ve touched on it before, basically build an arc of DTD to the SE of PI to contain traffic flow in the mall area between the Marketplace and Westside. Basically extend DTDs shops into a PI bypass. Which would have called on a radical rethink of vehicle flow and parking as Raven just mentioned.

That is an excellent rendering and would certainly solve many of the PI issues. One idea I thought of was something similar to what they are doing in London next year with the floating walkway on the river. I really think a smaller version could work from the Marketplace to the Westside.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How about leaving WoC as a DLR exclusive, and let's focus on returning IllumiNations to its rightful place as the ultimate nighttime spectacular. And yep, that involves boat loads of pyro and some never-before seen effects.

JustInTime

How about leaving WoC as a DLR exclusive, and let's focus on returning IllumiNations to its rightful place as the ultimate nighttime spectacular. And yep, that involves boat loads of pyro and some never-before seen effects.

I would be okay with that.

Longhairbear

I imagine that WOC at DTD would create a new booking catagory at SSR, WOC views. The rooms facing WOC at VGC are very popular, and the view isn't that great.
Disney could have special water view tours from the boats. This is all making sense to me.

njDizFan

So Martin, the light green shaded area, labeled central marketplace, would be additional shops?

yoyoflamingo

SSR did sell out. Once the tree houses were rebuilt and added to the SSR inventory then the points that were available for those tree houses went on sale and are still available. SSR sales have been doing ok since they are competing against BLT and AKLV Kidani which are superior resorts in their own rights.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I didn't follow the points for DVC then, since I just bought recently.

TP2000

That's very helpful to help understand the entire DTD area! Thanks for the graphic.

Is the "Controlled Parking" areas the valet parking lots? I have never understood how DTD in Orlando gets away without offering valet parking. I use it quite frequently at DTD Anaheim, and my dear, sweet, sainted mother only knows how to visit Disneyland and/or DCA one way, and that's to valet park her car right at the entrance to Downtown Disney and walk in.

Valet parking at DTD Orlando seems like an idea 20 years in the making. It would bring in business they need, plus encourage a demographic who may not want to hassle with satellite parking structures. Especially if you are going to be selling top-dollar World of Color Dining Packages to sit-down restaurants in Downtown Disney. :animwink:

devoy1701

I have no idea how they could come up with enough variations of stores selling Disney Merchandise to fill up an entertainment complex of that size without bringing in too many 3rd party vendors and making it feel like an upscale outdoor shopping center found anywhere!

raven

I have no idea how they could come up with enough variations of stores selling Disney Merchandise to fill up an entertainment complex of that size without bringing in too many 3rd party vendors and making it feel like an upscale outdoor shopping center found anywhere!

The opposite would be by putting in famous stores only found half way around the world they could provide guests with shopping they might not normally be able to get at their local mall.

MerlinTheGoat

Some people don't care for illuminations and would like it to be replaced. I don't understand that. But I would be OK with WOC not coming. But I do want it.

I don't care for the "new" Illuminations. They had a version in the early to mid 90's that encompassed far more fireworks being used and incorporated some really incredible classical music and some of the national anthems from all the countries. Each country would light up as its anthem was played as well. It was incredible, and i miss it dearly. The new show just doesn't contain the heart that one did.

ryguy

I don't care for the "new" Illuminations. They had a version in the early to mid 90's that encompassed far more fireworks being used and incorporated some really incredible classical music and some of the national anthems from all the countries. Each country would light up as its anthem was played as well. It was incredible, and i miss it dearly. The new show just doesn't contain the heart that one did.

Totally agree. The original show with the laser lights and classical music was the best. I don't fear change and understand it but I wish the show went back to spotlighting each country. :animwink:

AEfx

As someone who's seen both World of Color and Fantasmic! a duplicate show in the F! theater would be bad and anti-climatic.

And how many people at WDW do you think share this experience?

I'd love to see the numbers, but I'd guess that 85%+ of people who visit WDW have never been, and probably have no real intention of, going to Disneyland, much less any other Disney Park.

imagineer boy

I personally think ROE is the best fireworks show on property. The story, the narrative, the symbolism, the earth globe, the especially the music is all incredible. I very much want them to keep the show the same. However, WOC type fountains would be very welcome in the slow middle section.

And if they were to bring WOC to WDW, then replace the lackluster version of Fantasmic with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom