working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Thanks. I do this on a fairly regular basis. Like once a year at least. Man it hurt falling down.
I'm off my brace now, so I'm just being careful, wearing sneakers and such.

I always think about stuff like this when going down the stairs...especially if the dogs are with me. Good that you're off the brace. When my older one broke her ankle earlier this year, life became so much easier when we were able to ditch the boot and then the brace.

HouCuseChickie

It was tough, but I dragged myself out of bed this morning for my workout. I was strong on the bike and my hamstrings really appreciated all of the legwork I did afterwards to work out some of the tightness. Abs were a bit of a struggle since my lats still hurt from my getting dressed mishap. Yesterday and today, I ditched my little 10 min walk at the end. There's something about the treadmill that bothers my sore lats, so I'm just going to give it a rest for a bit. It's not like skipping a 10 min walk for a bit is going to have any major impact...plus, I'm running tonight.

Last night was baking night.

48540777461_c2222cf557_c.jpg

It's banana pound cake. Yes, I cheated and used a shaped pan vs. carving. That's OK...I still have some carving to do so that the square cake matches the shaped cake and serves as a proper bottom layer...along with carving an area for the binding. At lunch today, I'll need to make the frosting and filling (white chocolate buttercream and marshmallow cream), fill the cake, carve the cake, and crumb coat frost the cake. Tonight, I'll cover it in fondant and start decorating. I'm hoping to get out a little early tomorrow to finish up any decorating. The book cake had some minor issues that you can see. I think it's overly moist because of the bananas. Hopefully I won't have any issues with it.

HouCuseChickie

On the workout side...I did a maintenance run last night. It wasn't pretty, but it got done. I haven't done my morning workout since I was working on my older one's cake until just before midnight. It's not exactly what I envisioned (it never is), but I'm pretty happy with it. I decided to push my workout until later today since I had to do my preliminary clean up after finishing the cake and then remembered I still needed to make the kids' lunches. OOooops!

48549125397_c2f5b0bfa6_c.jpg

48548980846_baf966ed1b_c.jpg

48549126262_c8724083f4_c.jpg

48548981531_fc4d75694d_c.jpg

48548981151_a5d7789f19_c.jpg

epcotisbest

On the workout side...I did a maintenance run last night. It wasn't pretty, but it got done. I haven't done my morning workout since I was working on my older one's cake until just before midnight. It's not exactly what I envisioned (it never is), but I'm pretty happy with it. I decided to push my workout until later today since I had to do my preliminary clean up after finishing the cake and then remembered I still needed to make the kids' lunches. OOooops!

48549125397_c2f5b0bfa6_c.jpg

48548980846_baf966ed1b_c.jpg

48549126262_c8724083f4_c.jpg

48548981531_fc4d75694d_c.jpg

48548981151_a5d7789f19_c.jpg

That is one really cool cake, and very clever decorating theme.

HouCuseChickie

My long run is being pushed to tomorrow. The older one had her bday sleepover last night and while the kids were good and didn't keep me up most of the night, I can't exactly go out running when I have a bunch of other people's kids in my house. So, I made them cinnamon rolls and watched footage from last night's first MNSSHP of the season. I did eventually hit the gym for a workout...nearly 16 mi on the bike, some leg work and abs.

HouCuseChickie

Put in a 4 mile run this morning. I listened to my heart instead of my mind and ran the forested sections of the green belts. MISTAKE! I wanted a change of scenery and wanted to run down by the lake...which I did, but the majority of the run was in the forest, where the humidity is considerably higher (not that 85% outside of the woods isn't already high) and 0 breeze. I wasn't crazy slow, but much slower than I've been. It messed with my mind a bit, so after getting home, I biked for an hour, put in a kettle bell workout, did some abs, and walked on the treadmill for 10 min. Overboard...right?

I decided to bring my proof of time dilemma to my running group and I think I'm going to take a slightly different approach. If I can work out packet pick up details, I think I'm going to run a 10k on Sept 7th. I doubt this will be the time I wind up using, but it will help me work out some of my race jitters before I run the race in my town on Sept 22nd. Starting next weekend, I'm going to start running that course, so I'm prepped and ready to go. IF I feel like I need it, I can register for the Oct 5th race I found.

In other news...I'm making an Asian inspired pot roast for dinner and will be serving it over rice noodles. It's helping cut the cake smell that still strong in the house.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Put in a 4 mile run this morning. I listened to my heart instead of my mind and ran the forested sections of the green belts. MISTAKE! I wanted a change of scenery and wanted to run down by the lake...which I did, but the majority of the run was in the forest, where the humidity is considerably higher (not that 85% outside of the woods isn't already high) and 0 breeze.

I don't run, but I walk a lot (my exercise of choice). In the summer, it's sometimes really hard to find locations that aren't so humid, that it drains your energy.

Not too far from me is a large pond and miles of wooded trails behind it. I assumed that the wooded trails would be better (they are, in the sense of more tree cover to block out some sun), but they're also more humid!! :jawdrop: I would have assumed that walking around the pond would have been worse, but there was actually a small breeze off the water recently. Who would have thought that?! ;)

HouCuseChickie

I don't run, but I walk a lot (my exercise of choice). In the summer, it's sometimes really hard to find locations that aren't so humid, that it drains your energy.

Not too far from me is a large pond and miles of wooded trails behind it. I assumed that the wooded trails would be better (they are, in the sense of more tree cover to block out some sun), but they're also more humid!! :jawdrop: I would have assumed that walking around the pond would have been worse, but there was actually a small breeze off the water recently. Who would have thought that?! ;)

Your wooded trails and pond scenario sounds pretty much identical to what I deal with on our greenbelts. I love that the tree cover keeps the sun from beating down on me, but I still can't get over how much worse the humidity is in there. When I got to the lake, it was like I emerged from a humidity tunnel and it felt a good 10 degrees cooler...not to mention the slight breeze.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Sorry I have been MIA, but life got a bit crazy. My grandmother had to go into the hospital while she was here and then the keyboard on my laptop ate it and had to be replaced. I know I could use my phone, but I prefer typing on my laptop.

I've been doing my usual yoga with walking. My AP expires Sept.5 and I am likely not renewing. I am on the fence about squeezing out one more trip next week. My flight attendant friend said I could use one of her Buddy Passes. I would just have to pay taxes on it and fly stand by. I'll see how I feel. I get the taxes refunded if I don't fly.

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

Sorry I have been MIA, but life got a bit crazy. My grandmother had to go into the hospital while she was here and then the keyboard on my laptop ate it and had to be replaced. I know I could use my phone, but I prefer typing on my laptop.

I've been doing my usual yoga with walking. My AP expires Sept.5 and I am likely not renewing. I am on the fence about squeezing out one more trip next week. My flight attendant friend said I could use one of her Buddy Passes. I would just have to pay taxes on it and fly stand by. I'll see how I feel. I get the taxes refunded if I don't fly.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother and your keyboard. Hope she's doing better.

A last minute, get the most out of your AP, trip sounds fun! It's a pretty sweet deal if you only have to pay the taxes, and the risk seems minimal if you can get that back if you don't fly.

Sans Souci

Sorry to hear about your grandmother and your keyboard. Hope she's doing better.

A last minute, get the most out of your AP, trip sounds fun! It's a pretty sweet deal if you only have to pay the taxes, and the risk seems minimal if you can get that back if you don't fly.

Thank you, she is. She wasn't feeling well before for 2-3 weeks before they came here. My mother didn't want to miss out on her "vacation," so she just ignored my grandmother's symptoms. That back fired on her, because we were not able to take her anywhere because of my grandmother's condition.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I started doing this yoga class, but it was seriously boring. I stopped midway and did a workout that used elastic bands around the leg. It burned my lower body a lot, but it was over before I knew it.

I am eligible to reapply for Frontier now. I am on the fence about it. There are pros and cons. Some of the pros are they are hiring 80-100 FAs a month, so your seniority gets seriously bumped up every month. There is a FA base in Philly. Their union just negotiated a much better contract with starting pay that almost touches a legacy. Until recently, they were lowest paid FAs of all mainline carriers. When I look at Glassdoor, I see a lot of reviews that say they love the people they work with and it feels like family. I have seen this even in poor reviews. Also, I won't be on reserve for decades, like United! My friend works there and she was on for reserve in 3 months! She now makes her own schedule and works when she wants to.

The cons are there are no international routes, save Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean. American Airlines won't let Frontier employees fly stand by, but other US carriers do. I fly out of PHL and it's basically all AA if I want to leave the US on a US carrier. It's an "ultra low cost carrier." I can't find their new contract online and I want to see how they handle things like dry cleaning allowance, tarmac delays and per diems. They used to deduct money from your paycheck to bid for flights on your own computer, so I want to see little things like that. I refuse to pay to make my work schedule. I'd like to know these things before (if) I get invited to interview in Denver. I am tired of throwing away money for these fruitless interviews.

I can reapply for AA the beginning of Oct, so I don't know if I should wait for that? I might throw my hat in the ring for Frontier and see what happens. My friend has written me a letter of recommendation, so that should help somewhat. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom