working out for Disney

StarWarsGirl

We are on an online forum... if I was personally addressing you I would DM you. When I use “you” in a thread it’s the proverbial “you”. It can applied to anyone reading this.
You quoted me and then referred to "you". To me, that indicates you were directing it at me.

Again, if you're not all that interested in working out, why exactly are you here?

ddbowdoin

You quoted me and then referred to "you". To me, that indicates you were directing it at me.

Again, if you're not all that interested in working out, why exactly are you here?
Reading must be hard... I clearly have stated that working out is important but I see people constantly post in threads that they’ve been “hitting the gym” but then talking about snacking on “healthy” snacks that undermine the exercise portion of their lives. I’m not a laborer but I also don’t sit all day. Doing 100 push ups in your bedroom is enough to get your blood moving and use body weight to strengthen.

Again, I’ll repeat myself... it’s starts with nutrition. A sundae isn’t a Sundae without ice cream, the gym is the whipped cream and cherry on top. To use a poor example but you get the point

StarWarsGirl

Reading must be hard... I clearly have stated that working out is important but I see people constantly post in threads that they’ve been “hitting the gym” but then talking about snacking on “healthy” snacks that undermine the exercise portion of their lives. I’m not a laborer but I also don’t sit all day. Doing 100 push ups in your bedroom is enough to get your blood moving and use body weight to strengthen.

Again, I’ll repeat myself... it’s starts with nutrition. A sundae isn’t a Sundae without ice cream, the gym is the whipped cream and cherry on top. To use a poor example but you get the point
I can read just fine, thank you. At this point, you are just trolling. Have a nice day sir.

HouCuseChickie

Oil free hummus View attachment 397978
[/QUOTE]

Interesting! I've been playing with my hummus of late. I eliminated the tahini, but hadn't thought about doing any swaps for the oil. Are you just using tahini or are you using something else as a swap for both traditional fats in it?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

Interesting! I've been playing with my hummus of late. I eliminated the tahini, but hadn't thought about doing any swaps for the oil. Are you just using tahini or are you using something else as a swap for both traditional fats in it?
[/QUOTE]
My dh doesn't have digestive problems with tahini but does when I add oil, so I just use tahini and my secret blend of spices which are in my will along with my lasagna recipe;)

HouCuseChickie

My dh doesn't have digestive problems with tahini but does when I add oil, so I just use tahini and my secret blend of spices which are in my will along with my lasagna recipe;)
[/QUOTE]

I had stopped with the tahini because I like it too much on its own, but maybe I should revisit it and try it instead of the olive oil. I'm sure your spice blend is phenomenal (along with your lasagna :) ).

HouCuseChickie

So, I ran last night. I'm glad I was feeling well enough to do it...because I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday morning while trying to put on pants :hilarious: I swear, I never hurt myself doing normal stuff. It was hot, but I made it and my pace was significantly better than anything I put up over the last week. I think we officially hit 102 degrees yesterday and the feels like temp was around 114. It had dipped to 93 by the time I ran...which is still crazy hot for running. My college friends were trying to convince me to buy a real treadmill (vs the walking one I currently have), but if I have to run my proof of time races in the Houston heat and humidity...I should probably be training in it as well. And let's be honest...93 degrees and 55% humidity at 7pm feels about the same as 82 degrees and 95% humidity at 7am. Actually, it feels a little bit better since you're not fighting against the rising sun.

I'm also going back to cutting back on added sugar. It doesn't seem to have any impact on the scale, but I noticed a change in my waistline as well as my energy for workouts (well, for everything). I guess at least I can't eat any of my daughther's bday cake...and today is baking day...so I won't be tempted to sample...well, at least the cake and frosting. I can eat the filling and the fondant...but eating spoonfuls of marshmallow fluff isn't my thing and I can usually resist snacking on fondant.

StarWarsGirl

Ouch!!! Part of my mind is saying "at least it's not broken" since that's usually a much longer recovery time, but an ankle sprain can hurt and swell more than a break. So, not sure my initial thought is really any good. Hope you mend quickly!
Thanks. I do this on a fairly regular basis. Like once a year at least. Man it hurt falling down.
I'm off my brace now, so I'm just being careful, wearing sneakers and such.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom