working out for Disney

real mad hatter

Sitting here watching a Heart concert on palladia. They just did a Zeppelin cover and are now doing a Who cover. Ann Wilson has some serious pipes and Nancy Wilson just kicks it on guitar. Google "Nancy Wilson kick" sometime to see her signature move at the end of the acoustic solo on Crazy On You. She rocks.
I love Heart...They seem to have been around for ages...That's me showing my age now...:(

93boomer

Premium Member
Good Monday morning in the neighborhood!! Hope you all had a great weekend!!
We tiled, we put up drywall, we bought kitchen cabinets! I am tired!!! The house is looking good! Just so hard to get things plumb and level on old houses!!:banghead:
We are taking a break so DD and DBF are on their own for awhile completing some projects!
Going out to get groceries today. No food in the house since last week! Cannot wait until I get back on my healthy food!!;)
Everyone stay warm, dry, and safe! Move it, move it!!:cool:
Welcome back @MR FERRET ! We missed you! :)

Britt

Can we talk about saboteurs for a minute...especially if it's your own mother! And after you've already declared your "hiatus" from chocolate, and said mother brings 2-3 packages of chocolate into your house, and when you say, "hey, ma, PLEASE I asked you not to bring chocolate into my house", she says, "you don't look like a piece of chocolate will hurt you, maybe you could do with a piece of chocolate."

My mom eats like cr@p and seems to take each of my healthy choices as a slap against her non-healthy choices. When she comes to me for the weekend, she brings her own potato chips because I don't have a sufficient level of junk food in my house!!! Whereas, my attitude is, you eat what you want to eat, and I'll eat what I want to eat, and just let it be...I don't try to cram fruits & veg down her throat, I don't get why she should try to leave chips and chocolates in my way.

/Vent over.

Thanks for listening.
OOOO I so know what you mean. In my case, it was my best friend. She was pregnant when I started my weightloss stuff, so as Im losing and getting smaller, she's gaining and getting bigger! We'd all go out to eat and I'd get soup and salad or something and she'd be like "Thats ALL you're eating????" and then order a basket of fries for me, or a milk shake or something. Her boyfriend is very into fitness and body building, so I think she felt a bit self conscious by her food choices, while her boyfriend and I are eating healthier foods and she's ordering a double cheeseburger, onion rings and root beer floats.

She stopped when she realized I was NOT going to eat it or mess with it. Now that she's had the baby....she wants to lose the weight, I just dont think she's in the right mindset yet....

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Sitting here watching a Heart concert on palladia. They just did a Zeppelin cover and are now doing a Who cover. Ann Wilson has some serious pipes and Nancy Wilson just kicks it on guitar. Google "Nancy Wilson kick" sometime to see her signature move at the end of the acoustic solo on Crazy On You. She rocks.

I love Heart...They seem to have been around for ages...That's me showing my age now...:(

When I got in my car this morning and turned on the radio...a Heart tune came on. Spooky. :)

Sans Souci

Can we talk about saboteurs for a minute...especially if it's your own mother! And after you've already declared your "hiatus" from chocolate, and said mother brings 2-3 packages of chocolate into your house, and when you say, "hey, ma, PLEASE I asked you not to bring chocolate into my house", she says, "you don't look like a piece of chocolate will hurt you, maybe you could do with a piece of chocolate."

My mom eats like cr@p and seems to take each of my healthy choices as a slap against her non-healthy choices. When she comes to me for the weekend, she brings her own potato chips because I don't have a sufficient level of junk food in my house!!! Whereas, my attitude is, you eat what you want to eat, and I'll eat what I want to eat, and just let it be...I don't try to cram fruits & veg down her throat, I don't get why she should try to leave chips and chocolates in my way.

/Vent over.

Thanks for listening.

Yeah, Siobhan, I get it. I get it from my mom's side of the family. They are Italian and they are always trying to shove food down my throat. Ian does it, too. I finally figured it out. It's usually preceded by comments like, "Have you lost weight?" and "There's nothing of you." (I'd like to point out I have never considered myself "too thin" at any point in life. LOL) Then, all the sudden, foods that I don't even try to eat, because I lose control. LOL

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
OOOO I so know what you mean. In my case, it was my best friend. She was pregnant when I started my weightloss stuff, so as Im losing and getting smaller, she's gaining and getting bigger! We'd all go out to eat and I'd get soup and salad or something and she'd be like "Thats ALL you're eating????" and then order a basket of fries for me, or a milk shake or something. Her boyfriend is very into fitness and body building, so I think she felt a bit self conscious by her food choices, while her boyfriend and I are eating healthier foods and she's ordering a double cheeseburger, onion rings and root beer floats.

She stopped when she realized I was NOT going to eat it or mess with it. Now that she's had the baby....she wants to lose the weight, I just dont think she's in the right mindset yet....

Yeah, Siobhan, I get it. I get it from my mom's side of the family. They are Italian and they are always trying to shove food down my throat. Ian does it, too. I finally figured it out. It's usually preceded by comments like, "Have you lost weight?" and "There's nothing of you." (I'd like to point out I have never considered myself "too thin" at any point in life. LOL) Then, all the sudden, foods that I don't even try to eat, because I lose control. LOL

Exactly!!! I hear those same three phrases over and over again.

I lost the 20 lbs I needed to lose about 2 years ago--well, honestly, I didn't need to lose 20 lbs, I needed to lose 15. Just like I didn't realize how puffy I'd gotten until I noticed it in a photo, I didn't realize I looked sickly until I saw a photo of myself and thought, give that woman a cheeseburger--so I put on the couple of pounds that I needed to look healthy, and now I'm in maintenance mode. I realized as I passed through my 40s, the older you get the easier it is to gain and the harder to take weight off. Potato chips are my downfall--I cannot resist them. So fine if mom wants to bring her small bag of chips and eat them herself when she's over for the weekend, but I resent when she brings the big bag and leaves them behind, knowing I'll eat them and feeling like she's done me a favor!

I can't stand the "Thats ALL you're eating????", which as Britt says is usually someone trying to make themselves feel better about their choices, but in my case, it's generally someone thinking that I'm somehow depriving myself of pleasure by eating only enough good food to satisfy, not stuff.

Oh, and then it's all capped off by the people who think that by exercising I'm either (a) overdoing it, (b) going to hurt myself, or (c) torturing myself. Cannot get certain people to understand that regular exercise is actually quite enjoyable, physically and mentally! And I hate that sometimes I feel guilty for taking time to take care of myself by exercising.

Britt

ooooooo yes @Tiggerish there was a lot of "concern" by FB friends who either thought I was starving myself, or was over doing it with exercise. Oooor my water intake. I drink 180oz of water, every single day (3 64 oz cups of water). I got to hear ALL about people getting water poisoning and just got to laugh at the ignorance. Now that I've been here awhile, suddenly Im getting messages asking how I did it, but when I tell them...they dont want to hear it. They want a quick fix!!! Yeah, it doesn't happen like that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
What an awesome post here :D I've recently lost 63 lbs! Im not so much working out FOR Disney, but you can bet your bottom I'll be in the best shape of my life the next time we go!

Im currently participating in a 100 miles in November challenge, and then I do some circuit training with weights!
COBGRATS AND WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did you do it? And what is the 100 miles in November challenge? THNX

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning! That's a bit of a stretch as it's snowing, real snow actually sticking to stuff like the road. YUK!!!!I I'm hoping we don't get too much! I was hoping to get around my lake , oh well rant over. 5 indoor miles done and my plank challenge so far so good , it's getting a bit boring , but it's good for me. Thinking tomorrow the music will get cranked up. One little spark should help. LOL Guess it's time to put some serious thought into today's food, green tea with ginger won't hold me for long. Going with a smoothie for breakfast, spinich, cucumber, celery, ginger, lemon and an apple, lunch will be a salad of lettuce, shredded carrot, green and yellow squash, beet, tomato, topped with horseradish dressing (fresh horseradish, soft tofu, lemon juice almond milk, a bit of garlic and some stevia to take the edge off) I've got my black beans soaking so I'm thinking about trying an experiment, black bean and pumpkin chili. I cornered the market on pumpkins this weekend. I've got to stop hanging out with @real mad hatter because when I can save a buck or 2 now I try to save 5o_O I missed all of you sooooo much during the long holiday weekend, and I especially missed the grand return of our own @MR FERRET. That's the last of me being nice. LOL Here's to a magical week and keep moving forward!

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning all!! Hope you all are well today!
Bought out the grocery store with all my normal healthy foods:p
Eating granola and almond milk fir breakfast. Lunch is turkey, spinach, and tomato on whole wheat bread. Dinner is pasta marinara and salad.
Stretching and walk today. Weather is cool, sunny, and windy! Calling for a few showers with that white stuff mixed in tonight!!
Move it, move it everyone! Have a magical day!:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I made it out for a few short walks. Way too icy and cold for a long one:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::eek::bawling: The boys were on a 2 hour delay it was so bad earlier. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring can't come soon enough LOL Keep warm and safe. @93boomer be careful if you get that %$#@ stuff.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I made it out for a few short walks. Way too icy and cold for a long one:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::eek::bawling: The boys were on a 2 hour delay it was so bad earlier. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring can't come soon enough LOL Keep warm and safe. @93boomer be careful if you get that %$#@ stuff.

Wow, a 2 hr delay, you got some snow!! I got only a dusting in Westchester, but it sure was a shock to see snowflakes this morning! I do NOT want a White Thanksgiving! :eek:

Sans Souci

It's freezing here today. It snowed here last night and I am not ready for this. I feel like I need to do cardio today, since I am just dragging. My husband is out of town and twice last night, my son came into my room to tell me he heard someone walking around downstairs. So, twice, I had to go looking around for something that wasn't there to placate him. I am toast and I have been chugging coffee since 6 AM. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom