working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi all! I am heading out of town tonight for the weekend to help with a spiritual retreat so I skipped my lunch so that I could leave work early. I normally do my two mile walk and my plank on my lunch break. I can sure tell I have missed my routine because I am exhausted. My lunch time walks really perk me up and give me the energy to get through the rest of the day. I am hoping that I can get all my packing done and cram in my walk before I have to hit the road this afternoon.
Weekends are always harder for me to stay on program and being out of town is going to make it doubly hard, but I have bought enough weight watcher and lean cuisine frozen meals for the weekend so that I can stay on program. I don't like eating those kind of things very often because they are 1. High in sodium and 2. Expensive. But sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. I have also made side salads to go along with the meals and have packed fruits, veggies and other healthy snacks. So I have a plan now I just have to have the will power to stick to it. There will be all sorts of yummy treats around all weekend tempting me...and to make matters worse I am assigned to the snack room---ugh! I'll keep thinking healthy thoughts and about my upcoming WDW trip that I want to be at least 20 lbs light for. May the force be with me!
The force and I'm sending prayers and pixie dust for your healthy habits over the weekend. I hope you can keep up with your exercise, but if it doesn't happen remember when you get home get right back at it. Check in here because we're all cheering for you.

real mad hatter

I found a few Disney onsies at my local Walmart lucky for me I fit into the large kids ones the ones in the ladies dept are cut really huge. I didn't notibut they had some pretty swank pjs for men.
I've seen Tiger onesies at a local shop in Glasgow..Mrs Hatter says I'am anything but a Pussy cat...:cat:..She says she will get me a Winnie the Pooh Onsie as I like my honey..:rolleyes:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning the glaciers have moved in here for at least the next week:rolleyes::mad::eek::bawling: It looks like we may see snow by the middle or end of next week, how much? Anywhere from a dusting to a full blown Nor'easter may happen, as this is a family friendly thread I'll keep the rest of my thoughts about it to myself. Let's just say it may be time to get out those old groundhog recipes. LOL I'm trying to get myself warm so I did my PS3 EA workout that helped for a bit and followed that up with 108 yoga pushups and the plank challenge. Now I'm dripping glow and feeling cold again. Green tea with ginger should help. It's my usual Friday madness and clean out the fridge day. Have a magical weekend and keep moving forward.

LuLaSue

tigger.JPG
Oh, @LuLaSue , I'm so sorry to hear about your Tigger. :( It's terrible to lose a pet--thinking of my furry girl, Duchess, who's been gone for almost four years can still make me cry, even though she left us two of her sons, and we have since added another little boy kitty to the household. You have my sympathy.
Thanks so much! Like @epcotisbest , I have no kids at home so Tigger was truely my baby girl. All of you have been MOST KIND!! xoxo Here is a pic of my "chatty patty", she loved to talk!

epcotisbest

@LuLaSue here is a scan of an old photo of my Charmy. She is missed very much. I know you are hurting from the loss of your baby girl. I wish I could tell you the hurt will go away but I can't. What I can tell you is the memories will always be there. Charmy has been gone for several years and I'm tearing up as I type this, but smiling at the memories at the same time. The pekingese is very much missed as well. He was with us for 16 years and a big part of our family. I used his photo as my avatar here for many years. Now too many tears to continue typing.

Charm2.jpg

Last edited:

LuLaSue

@LuLaSue here is a scan of an old photo of my Charmy. She is missed very much. I know you are hurting from the loss of your baby girl. I wish I could tell you the hurt will go away but I can't. What I can tell you is the memories will always be there. Charmy has been gone for several years and I'm tearing up as I type this, but smiling at the memories at the same time. The pekingese is very much missed as well. He was with us for 16 years and a big part of our family. I used his photo as my avatar here for many years. Now too many tears to continue typing.

View attachment 38281
Thank you for sharing.....She is a true beauty.
I am grateful, I know it's difficult and appreciate your kind words. The memories live on!

Sans Souci

Good evening,

I just wrapped up an 1.5 hour yoga practice. My next door neighbor's lawn service arrived as it was time for savasana (corpse pose). Ugh. Then I did the 20 sec. plank.

@LuLaSue I am so sorry for your loss. It's such a heart break. I had to put my dog down 3 years ago and I still miss him. I haven't gotten another dog, because I don't want to go through that again.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Britt

What an awesome post here :D I've recently lost 63 lbs! Im not so much working out FOR Disney, but you can bet your bottom I'll be in the best shape of my life the next time we go!

Im currently participating in a 100 miles in November challenge, and then I do some circuit training with weights!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom