working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Whew! Got caught up in work and never replied.

I'm thinking of putting some home exercise equipment on my holiday wish list. It's funny that you bring up the clothing. I'm currently in a pair of leggings that I could never wear to the gym, but I'd definitely wear them for in-home work. We have some extra downtime this week, so if the weather isn't too bad, I may try hitting the gym tonight to see how I feel. It's presently cold and damp, which isn't making me want to bundle up for a walk.

It's been so long since I've been to Uni that I'm not really sure how any of it would go. I'd heard that having the unlimited express pass definitely would help, but we've done enough peak holiday stuff at Disney to know that it still usually is crazy busy. My husband and I were planning on more stores and goodies vs. attractions. I can only imagine what the lines will be like at things like that.
EP at UNI is better than Genie/fp at Disney imho because you just get on line with having to get a time to do so and it's included for free if you stay at a "deluxe" so even on all but the busiest days you can get everything done efficiently

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I asked for a 10 kg kettlebell for Valentine's Day last year. I know it's not the most romantic gift, but I like it and I get a lot of use out of it.

I bought a pair of fleece-lined leggings last year and it made such a difference in comfort when being out in cold weather. I need to get another pair. I highly recommend. 👍
Seconding the fleece lined leggings. I may have more than than a few, heck maybe I have a few in different sizes so I can layer

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Hi! We've been busy as usual but are all doing well. Pretty much it's the same old, same old here except with added holiday prep.
The important thing is @epcotisbest and the mrs. are alive and well. He checked into chit chat the other day :inlove:
I was thinking about him last week, hoping he and his wife were ok. I am glad they are both ok and I hope he makes an appearance here. :)

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I did a video I found on YouTube. I am taking a break from kettlebells for a bit. The tops of my palms are very calloused and kind of tender, so I switched gears today.

I didn't feel like cooking last night, so we ordered a pizza. Not the healthiest thing to eat, but it's just one meal. My appetite has been all over the place this week. :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning.

I did a video I found on YouTube. I am taking a break from kettlebells for a bit. The tops of my palms are very calloused and kind of tender, so I switched gears today.

I didn't feel like cooking last night, so we ordered a pizza. Not the healthiest thing to eat, but it's just one meal. My appetite has been all over the place this week. :hilarious:
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Songbird76

I was thinking about him last week, hoping he and his wife were ok. I am glad they are both ok and I hope he makes an appearance here. :)
I doubt he will. He ran into Tuvalu at Disney last weekend and she came on to post a message, and then he popped in just to say he was alive, but Tuvalu said he didn't use the boards anymore, so I think he only came in to let us know he was still doing well, but it didn't sound like he was planning on coming back. I could be wrong, but I'm glad to know he's safe anyway!!

HouCuseChickie

I wonder why this is? Do they guarantee you seats on the flight? Seems a bit naughty to sting someone at such a time.

I'm so sorry to hear about her passing. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. I will say that simple is definitely easier. It's just so stressful to be expected to do something big when you're grieving. Again, my deepest condolences.

Mind you, it's been some time since it happened, but the most recent experience for me was in 2004. My paternal grandfather had passed and I was trying to get airfare to fly up for his funeral. I ended up missing my paternal grandmother's several years earlier because the air was just out of my reach. I reached out to all of the airlines that offered bereavement fares and the average I was quoted was around $1,200 r/t (highest was over $1,800). I ended up flying now extinct discount airline AirTran. It was about $450 for Houston to Philly. That was expensive for 2004, but significantly cheaper than the major carriers. Thankfully, that's the Christian side of my family and I had more time before the funeral. Had this been my mom's side, I would have had very little time. I was middle of my third trimester with Sam when my maternal grandmother passed in 2008 and both family and doctor put their collective feet down about flying. It's been a while, but I do seem to recall the rental car company gave me a special rate considering the circumstances.

HouCuseChickie

Thanks @Sans Souci and @Figgy1 for the fleece leggings suggestion. I may invest in some new pairs. A certain teen has permanently borrowed mine! I also have this issue where it can take me a couple of days to warm up if I get chilled. I know it doesn't get as cold here, but we're high humidity cold (similar to dry vs. humid heat). There's something about being outside in 45 degree temps, wind, and 85% humidity for 12-15 hours that just messes with my body. I usually get in quite a bit of walking between games (these complexes are huge and sometimes hilly), which temporarily warms me up, but games are bare minimum 90 minutes (usually closer to 120) so you cool off fast. It's especially brutal when you lose the sun. While I prefer sitting in the bleachers, we've been debating about something like one of these and a small propane heater.

1668702428780.png

Speaking of weather, I think my little rain dance last month worked. It would have been nice to know it before I played with Thanksgiving plans. Back in August, I had planned to leave town tomorrow, arrive at Uni on Saturday, go to the parks Sun and Mon, and then head to South FL. Then Sam made this new elite team, I got to see our fall schedule, and I turned plans on their proverbial ear because we were supposed to have a tournament this weekend. Fast forward to late Sept/early Oct... we were in a drought, hadn't seen rain in forever, and no amount of watering seemed to be helping the trees and yard. I wasn't planning to put out Halloween decorations this year, but whenever I do, we usually get lots of rain...which our GFI plugs don't like...and the display goes dark...sometimes for a couple of days. We were desperate for precip though, so I put out the full display to encourage the rain. We had some rain chances in the forecast, but after I put it up, they jumped from like 28% to 55% in a matter of hours. Within 24 hours, we were up to 90% and in about 36 hours- RAIN...over an inch of it. It rained pretty frequently after this, but it's continued since I've taken them down. We had a substantial amount of rain the other day, fields all over town haven't fully dried out and we're expecting a full washout from Fri through Sunday this weekend. As a result, our tournament this weekend...the one that pushed me to change our Thanksgiving plans back in the summer in the first place...is now canceled. I'm not changing plans again, so I guess I'm just going to use the weekend to clean up around here. This place is a mess!

Sans Souci

Thanks @Sans Souci and @Figgy1 for the fleece leggings suggestion. I may invest in some new pairs. A certain teen has permanently borrowed mine! I also have this issue where it can take me a couple of days to warm up if I get chilled. I know it doesn't get as cold here, but we're high humidity cold (similar to dry vs. humid heat). There's something about being outside in 45 degree temps, wind, and 85% humidity for 12-15 hours that just messes with my body. I usually get in quite a bit of walking between games (these complexes are huge and sometimes hilly), which temporarily warms me up, but games are bare minimum 90 minutes (usually closer to 120) so you cool off fast. It's especially brutal when you lose the sun. While I prefer sitting in the bleachers, we've been debating about something like one of these and a small propane heater.

View attachment 679261

Speaking of weather, I think my little rain dance last month worked. It would have been nice to know it before I played with Thanksgiving plans. Back in August, I had planned to leave town tomorrow, arrive at Uni on Saturday, go to the parks Sun and Mon, and then head to South FL. Then Sam made this new elite team, I got to see our fall schedule, and I turned plans on their proverbial ear because we were supposed to have a tournament this weekend. Fast forward to late Sept/early Oct... we were in a drought, hadn't seen rain in forever, and no amount of watering seemed to be helping the trees and yard. I wasn't planning to put out Halloween decorations this year, but whenever I do, we usually get lots of rain...which our GFI plugs don't like...and the display goes dark...sometimes for a couple of days. We were desperate for precip though, so I put out the full display to encourage the rain. We had some rain chances in the forecast, but after I put it up, they jumped from like 28% to 55% in a matter of hours. Within 24 hours, we were up to 90% and in about 36 hours- RAIN...over an inch of it. It rained pretty frequently after this, but it's continued since I've taken them down. We had a substantial amount of rain the other day, fields all over town haven't fully dried out and we're expecting a full washout from Fri through Sunday this weekend. As a result, our tournament this weekend...the one that pushed me to change our Thanksgiving plans back in the summer in the first place...is now canceled. I'm not changing plans again, so I guess I'm just going to use the weekend to clean up around here. This place is a mess!

I need one of these bubble things, but smaller and portable so I can walk around with it.

My house is a mess, too and I have no reason for it to be.

Sans Souci

Good morning

Thank you all for the condolences. ❤️

Today is a rest day, but I did YouTube workouts for the past few days.

I'm typically not one to decorate before Thanksgiving, but since my trees were never taken down, I did some really simple stuff. I bought some that prevents birds from flying into windows, which is a problem here. I also bought some fresh wreaths at Costco and hung them on our front door.

I also ordered a Thanksgiving meal to pick up and heat from Seasons 52. I'm just trying to keep it simple. I do a lot of cooking and baking in December anyway.

Callie keeps coming around, but she wants to eat indoors and she wants the sliding door kept open. I can't throw away money like that. If I put the food outdoors, she eats a bit, cat loafs to keep warm and stares at me. If I let her eat inside, she bolts if I try to close the door. We've been giving her puree in a tube to get her comfortable about being close to us. They are like yogurt tubes, but they have pureed meat in them. She's crazy for them. :hilarious: We hold them and squeeze them for her. We're not trying to make her a house cat, but we just want her to feel like this is a place where she can come in and warm up a bit before heading out again. We bought her a little house and we just bought her a self heating pad for her house. I hate the thought of her trying to keep warm when it's so cold outside.

Songbird76

Good morning

Thank you all for the condolences. ❤️

Today is a rest day, but I did YouTube workouts for the past few days.

I'm typically not one to decorate before Thanksgiving, but since my trees were never taken down, I did some really simple stuff. I bought some that prevents birds from flying into windows, which is a problem here. I also bought some fresh wreaths at Costco and hung them on our front door.

I also ordered a Thanksgiving meal to pick up and heat from Seasons 52. I'm just trying to keep it simple. I do a lot of cooking and baking in December anyway.

Callie keeps coming around, but she wants to eat indoors and she wants the sliding door kept open. I can't throw away money like that. If I put the food outdoors, she eats a bit, cat loafs to keep warm and stares at me. If I let her eat inside, she bolts if I try to close the door. We've been giving her puree in a tube to get her comfortable about being close to us. They are like yogurt tubes, but they have pureed meat in them. She's crazy for them. :hilarious: We hold them and squeeze them for her. We're not trying to make her a house cat, but we just want her to feel like this is a place where she can come in and warm up a bit before heading out again. We bought her a little house and we just bought her a self heating pad for her house. I hate the thought of her trying to keep warm when it's so cold outside.
What is a self heating pad?

I forgot to take Thanksgiving off. Again. Every year. I get to the week before, when the schedule is already up, and Thursday is one of my regular work days, and then I realize that that Thursday is Thanksgiving, and once again, I have to work. Sometimes people ask to pick up shifts, so I guess I'll hope someone wants a Thursday evening shift so I can have Thanksgiving off. I have the entire week after off because of various appointments. E has her first driving lesson, A has oral surgery, and His birthday is less than a week later...I hope he'll be up to celebrating. If not, I guess we'll celebrate later. My birthday is the week after his, but we don't have time to celebrate mine, either. We have parent teacher conferences on the 8th, I'm working on my birthday, and then A has a chess tournament on the 10th. (He's placed 1st in his division in the last 2 tournaments, so it's pretty exciting) But it's going to be a busy few weeks and no time to celebrate birthdays. We might have to wait until Christmas break.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom