working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

So, I've been thinking a bit about this gym membership. I'm going to give it through December to see if I'm able to make it back there on any sort of regular basis. It's sounding like we're going to get a bit of a break from softball tournaments, so I should have some days where it's possible. If it doesn't work out, I think I'll be the only person with a New Year's resolution to cancel my gym membership. I may also see if I wind up walking more than gymming (my new word). I do really like being outside for my cardio.

We also decided to cancel Universal. It's a mix of things, but mainly looking at travel ball expenses and everything that's come up with K's junior year. We're still going to FL to spend time with family and will hopefully get to incorporate a few fun things. I'm thinking Homosassa Springs as we head south and something with the Everglades while we're with everyone. We shall see.

Sans Souci

My dad is the opposite. We must rush over to the gate to sit there...and wait. I'm like, we don't actually need to be at the gate for another 45 minutes...you can chill! This man is a seasoned traveller who acts like he's never seen an airport in his life.

Oh, and going through security with him. We all have precheck, so we don't need to take anything off other than jackets. The man takes off his belt and takes forever emptying his pockets...and then once we get through, it's this whole period of waiting for him. No lie...I abandoned them in Honolulu airport, went through security, went in one of the shops there (because they always have cute litter souvenirs) bought myself two things, scouted out where food was...and then met them as they were done going through security.

I don't mind traveling with my grandma so much because we just put her in a wheelchair and she lets me handle everything.

Next time when we go to SC in December, one of the great grandkids will be coming along. I kind of feel bad, but I'm kind of glad it's just the one. The girls tend to fight, and although I love them both, I prefer them separately, especially in the airport where I'm the one dealing with it. Her sister is not doing so hot in school, and they would have to miss a couple of days, so she's allowed to come, but their mom said the younger one can't miss school, which I fully support. So we just get the one, which should make it a lot more peaceful.

I love Pre-check. It makes getting through security much less anxiety-inducing for me. I signed up for Clear this year, it was a deal from AmEx or something. It's nice, but I'm not sure it's necessary for the airports I typically fly in/out from. I've never waited longer than 5 minutes to get through security at PHL. Maybe it makes sense it Newark or JFK, but I am not sure it's worth the cost to renew it.

Sans Souci

I support your decision. You've gone to large group interviews, etc., in the past. Back then, the job might have been more appealing; but a few years later, you may have more clarity about some issues of working with the airlines.

Agreed. Some of the news I've seen about them being assaulted gives me pause, but I also don't want to jump through hoops anymore.

Sans Souci

This is true...it's no longer fall break. I know they had problems for a couple of weeks in October because of schools on fall break. Now that no one has vacation, it should be less busy. I hadn't thought of that, and that does make me feel better, so thank you! I've got everything packed that I CAN pack at the moment. The rest is stuff that I still need, like my hairbrush. I'm waiting to take a shower until this afternoon since I won't have access to a shower in the morning. I want to be as fresh as I CAN be without that.
By now, you should be in Dublin enjoying yourself. I hope it was smooth travels for you.

Sans Souci

So, I've been thinking a bit about this gym membership. I'm going to give it through December to see if I'm able to make it back there on any sort of regular basis. It's sounding like we're going to get a bit of a break from softball tournaments, so I should have some days where it's possible. If it doesn't work out, I think I'll be the only person with a New Year's resolution to cancel my gym membership. I may also see if I wind up walking more than gymming (my new word). I do really like being outside for my cardio.

We also decided to cancel Universal. It's a mix of things, but mainly looking at travel ball expenses and everything that's come up with K's junior year. We're still going to FL to spend time with family and will hopefully get to incorporate a few fun things. I'm thinking Homosassa Springs as we head south and something with the Everglades while we're with everyone. We shall see.

I prefer being outside for my cardio, too. You could always take the money you save from canceling your membership to buy home equipment. I like working out at home. I don't have to get into a car and I have worn some really raggedy clothes to work out in that I could never wear in pubic. I hope (if you decide to cancel), it's drama-free.

It seems like for going to Universal for 2 days at Thanksgiving, you wouldn't get on many attractions. Plus, it is probably so crowded, it's no longer enjoyable to walk around and take everything in. I don't blame you for canceling it.

Sans Souci

Good morning-

I'm checking in with 30 minute kettle bell workout. It was pretty good. I am going for a walk with my husband later. I wasn't able to get out yesterday, because we had Nicole remnants all day; but it's really sunny and very mild today.

Callie has been scarce this week. Last week, she practically lived on my balcony. We'd been giving her leftover turkey mixed into her dry cat food. She would eat at sleep for hours on my bedroom balcony. Once we went back to her regular mix of wet and dry cat food, she seemed uninterested. :hilarious: She started sniffing around the little house my son bought for her, I hope she goes in when it gets really cold.

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I did a 40 minute kettle bell workout that I did last week, but I liked it so much, I decided to do it again today.

I was supposed to go to Jersey City last night. I hadn't been for about 6 weeks and I wanted a change of scenery. But, my mother called and said my grandmother had received her last rites and was on oxygen. My husband decided to stay down here in case my grandmother passed, so we'd all be together. But she hasn't passed yet, so I'll likely stay down here this week. My son won't be alone when she passes. He grew up seeing her practically everyday, since she lived a 10 minute walk from our house. After my parents divorced, she moved in with us to help my mom. She was more of a mother to me than my mom was. Then my husband and I bought the same house I grew up in from my grandmother and she moved a few blocks away.

I hope this doesn't sound awful, but when I went to visit her, she said, "I am so exhausted." I took that to mean that she was ready to go. She was on heavy duty pain killers and she was still in a lot of pain. I was hoping for her that she would pass soon, because she was confused and obviously suffering. I hated seeing her in that state where I was powerless to help her.

I'm kind of worried about purchasing last minute flights this time of year and then paying for a funeral. There is a finite amount of money, so whatever is leftover from purchasing airfare is going to be funeral money. I really don't feel like driving 1600 miles round trip and I shouldn't have to.

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I'm just checking in with a 35 min kettlebell workout I found on YouTube. I might have to back off a bit from these workouts, because one of my shoulder joints started making this noise like there was sand in it, if that makes sense. There is no pain, but I think I should back off a bit. I really like using kettlebells, because I get my heart rate up without any jumping and I need to keep my brain engaged when I use them. I might clip back to 3x/week and incorporate other workouts on the other 3 days.

HouCuseChickie

I prefer being outside for my cardio, too. You could always take the money you save from canceling your membership to buy home equipment. I like working out at home. I don't have to get into a car and I have worn some really raggedy clothes to work out in that I could never wear in pubic. I hope (if you decide to cancel), it's drama-free.

It seems like for going to Universal for 2 days at Thanksgiving, you wouldn't get on many attractions. Plus, it is probably so crowded, it's no longer enjoyable to walk around and take everything in. I don't blame you for canceling it.

Whew! Got caught up in work and never replied.

I'm thinking of putting some home exercise equipment on my holiday wish list. It's funny that you bring up the clothing. I'm currently in a pair of leggings that I could never wear to the gym, but I'd definitely wear them for in-home work. We have some extra downtime this week, so if the weather isn't too bad, I may try hitting the gym tonight to see how I feel. It's presently cold and damp, which isn't making me want to bundle up for a walk.

It's been so long since I've been to Uni that I'm not really sure how any of it would go. I'd heard that having the unlimited express pass definitely would help, but we've done enough peak holiday stuff at Disney to know that it still usually is crazy busy. My husband and I were planning on more stores and goodies vs. attractions. I can only imagine what the lines will be like at things like that.

Sans Souci

Whew! Got caught up in work and never replied.

I'm thinking of putting some home exercise equipment on my holiday wish list. It's funny that you bring up the clothing. I'm currently in a pair of leggings that I could never wear to the gym, but I'd definitely wear them for in-home work. We have some extra downtime this week, so if the weather isn't too bad, I may try hitting the gym tonight to see how I feel. It's presently cold and damp, which isn't making me want to bundle up for a walk.

It's been so long since I've been to Uni that I'm not really sure how any of it would go. I'd heard that having the unlimited express pass definitely would help, but we've done enough peak holiday stuff at Disney to know that it still usually is crazy busy. My husband and I were planning on more stores and goodies vs. attractions. I can only imagine what the lines will be like at things like that.

I asked for a 10 kg kettlebell for Valentine's Day last year. I know it's not the most romantic gift, but I like it and I get a lot of use out of it.

I bought a pair of fleece-lined leggings last year and it made such a difference in comfort when being out in cold weather. I need to get another pair. I highly recommend. 👍

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did an old workout I had as a file on my laptop. I don't know how to describe it, but it's bodyweight, with lots of squats, lunges and attempts to go into "mini handstands." It was a change from what I'd been doing.

My husband booked a room at the JW Marriott Bonnet Creek for Sept. It was a seriously good deal with his federal employee discount (which never happens lol). It's cheaper than a week in a moderate. I don't know if I want to go to WDW next year, but we have a room if we want to go, I guess? lol I know I lose perks, but honestly, we like chilling at the pool with some drinks and we are not in the parks all day, every day. Anyway, it's far off and he didn't need to put money down. I had been looking at the Swan Reserve. They have a AAA discount, but you have to pay for the week upfront and if you don't cancel within 24 hrs of booking, you're locked in. You can't even move your dates, so no, not happening. If I feel like I want to go to WDW after all, I will check Costco Travel and see what offers they have. I know they do hotel+ticket packages, but I am not mentally ready to commit to a WDW vacation right now.

Songbird76

Good morning.

I did a 40 minute kettle bell workout that I did last week, but I liked it so much, I decided to do it again today.

I was supposed to go to Jersey City last night. I hadn't been for about 6 weeks and I wanted a change of scenery. But, my mother called and said my grandmother had received her last rites and was on oxygen. My husband decided to stay down here in case my grandmother passed, so we'd all be together. But she hasn't passed yet, so I'll likely stay down here this week. My son won't be alone when she passes. He grew up seeing her practically everyday, since she lived a 10 minute walk from our house. After my parents divorced, she moved in with us to help my mom. She was more of a mother to me than my mom was. Then my husband and I bought the same house I grew up in from my grandmother and she moved a few blocks away.

I hope this doesn't sound awful, but when I went to visit her, she said, "I am so exhausted." I took that to mean that she was ready to go. She was on heavy duty pain killers and she was still in a lot of pain. I was hoping for her that she would pass soon, because she was confused and obviously suffering. I hated seeing her in that state where I was powerless to help her.

I'm kind of worried about purchasing last minute flights this time of year and then paying for a funeral. There is a finite amount of money, so whatever is leftover from purchasing airfare is going to be funeral money. I really don't feel like driving 1600 miles round trip and I shouldn't have to.
Didn't it used to be that you could talk to an airline and if you were dealing with a funeral, you would get a discount or something?

I'm sorry about your grandmother...it must be kind of mixed. You don't want her to go, but you don't want her to suffer, and the waiting is never fun. I don't know what to hope for for you, so I guess just that she goes peacefully and you all feel ok about it.

Songbird76

Sorry it's taking me a while to get back into the swing of things. I had such a great time in Dublin, but it was SO fast!! I got to the airport at something like 1:30 in the morning and couldn't get in at first, but I found another door and that one wasn't blocked off. I really didn't want to stand outside all night waiting to get in....it was so cold! But it turned out that not all the airlines waited until 4:30 to open their check ins. Some were open already around 3. I was starting to get pretty anxious, but I made it through security super fast actually. The security line wasn't even open when I got checked in, so I had to wait more than an hour for the check in, and then another 30 minutes or so for security to open. But we didn't have to remove anything from bags, didn't have to take shoes off, and it went really quickly. Then going through the passport check, everyone followed each other into 2 lines, but there was another lane open that no one was getting in line for, so I got in that line and was through before most of the others. My flight wasn't until 7:35 am and I was already through security and passport check by about 5:30, and the McDonalds didn't open until 6. So I sat at McDonalds, right by the kiosk waiting for it to open, got my food to go and took it to my gate. But my gate was actually downstairs and it was roped off, so I sat in the upstairs gate and ate my breakfast, and finished just after they opened the escalator so I could get to my gate. It all went pretty smoothly, except we had to be bussed out to the runway and board on one of those metal staircase thingies and it was WINDY!!!!! The woman in front of me didn't have her ticket ready and didn't know her seat number, so she's standing in the doorway, digging through her bags looking for her boarding pass, and I'm standing at the top of the staircase in the wind. When we got there, it was too windy to land on one of the shorter runways, so we had to fly around a bit and wait for the long runway to be available. One of our friend group got re-routed to Shannon because they didn't have enough fuel to wait, so they flew to shannon and then waited for 3 hours and came back after refueling.

I got really turned around and I had gotten an SMS that my phone plane works in Dublin, but I still kept getting this message that I needed to turn on roaming and I would be charged, so I was confused and couldn't find my way to the hotel from the bus stop. The bus was literally right outside the doors of the airport, so getting ON the bus was no problem, and the announced the stops, so getting off was fine too. But FINDING the hotel was an issue. I think it took me about 45 minutes when it was only supposed to be a 7 minute walk or something? I finally asked some people where the cathedral was, because the hotel was right across the street, so I found it, took a shower and a nap, and then walked into the city center to shop a bit. I was the first one there, anyway.

Did you guys want any pictures? I took pictures of food, I took pictures of the museum I went to, I took pictures of the event....so I can share any of it, or not, if no one is interested.

HouCuseChickie

Sorry it's taking me a while to get back into the swing of things. I had such a great time in Dublin, but it was SO fast!! I got to the airport at something like 1:30 in the morning and couldn't get in at first, but I found another door and that one wasn't blocked off. I really didn't want to stand outside all night waiting to get in....it was so cold! But it turned out that not all the airlines waited until 4:30 to open their check ins. Some were open already around 3. I was starting to get pretty anxious, but I made it through security super fast actually. The security line wasn't even open when I got checked in, so I had to wait more than an hour for the check in, and then another 30 minutes or so for security to open. But we didn't have to remove anything from bags, didn't have to take shoes off, and it went really quickly. Then going through the passport check, everyone followed each other into 2 lines, but there was another lane open that no one was getting in line for, so I got in that line and was through before most of the others. My flight wasn't until 7:35 am and I was already through security and passport check by about 5:30, and the McDonalds didn't open until 6. So I sat at McDonalds, right by the kiosk waiting for it to open, got my food to go and took it to my gate. But my gate was actually downstairs and it was roped off, so I sat in the upstairs gate and ate my breakfast, and finished just after they opened the escalator so I could get to my gate. It all went pretty smoothly, except we had to be bussed out to the runway and board on one of those metal staircase thingies and it was WINDY!!!!! The woman in front of me didn't have her ticket ready and didn't know her seat number, so she's standing in the doorway, digging through her bags looking for her boarding pass, and I'm standing at the top of the staircase in the wind. When we got there, it was too windy to land on one of the shorter runways, so we had to fly around a bit and wait for the long runway to be available. One of our friend group got re-routed to Shannon because they didn't have enough fuel to wait, so they flew to shannon and then waited for 3 hours and came back after refueling.

I got really turned around and I had gotten an SMS that my phone plane works in Dublin, but I still kept getting this message that I needed to turn on roaming and I would be charged, so I was confused and couldn't find my way to the hotel from the bus stop. The bus was literally right outside the doors of the airport, so getting ON the bus was no problem, and the announced the stops, so getting off was fine too. But FINDING the hotel was an issue. I think it took me about 45 minutes when it was only supposed to be a 7 minute walk or something? I finally asked some people where the cathedral was, because the hotel was right across the street, so I found it, took a shower and a nap, and then walked into the city center to shop a bit. I was the first one there, anyway.

Did you guys want any pictures? I took pictures of food, I took pictures of the museum I went to, I took pictures of the event....so I can share any of it, or not, if no one is interested.

OOOOOOoooo, I would love to see pictures! I'm glad you had a great time and things went fairly smoothly with travel.

Sans Souci

Didn't it used to be that you could talk to an airline and if you were dealing with a funeral, you would get a discount or something?

I'm sorry about your grandmother...it must be kind of mixed. You don't want her to go, but you don't want her to suffer, and the waiting is never fun. I don't know what to hope for for you, so I guess just that she goes peacefully and you all feel ok about it.

I have never done it, so I am not sure. At any rate, she passed Monday night. My mom is having a memorial service after the holidays. We are all spread out across the US and my grandmother wanted something simple.

Sans Souci

Sure, I'd like to see your trip photos. Post 'em!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom