working out for Disney

Songbird76

I'm off to Dublin on Friday for my friend's book launch. I'm super excited, but also REALLY nervous about traveling myself. Lines for security at the airport here have been ridiculous still.....people missing flights all over the place. My flight leaves at 7:35 am. You aren't allowed to check in more than 4 hours before your flight, but even that isn't always enough time. What really scares me is that the check in desks don't even open until 4:30am, so only 3 hours before my flight....and then I have to get through security. And after this summer when the stupid woman made us get into a different line, saying it would be much faster, and then it took us more than an hour longer to get through than M and A who were BEHIND us in the original line, I'm worried that something is going to happen to make me miss my flight. The good news is that the launch isn't until Saturday evening, and my flight is early Friday morning, so if I miss it, there will likely be another, and as I'm traveling alone, it will be easier to secure a seat on a different flight. Wish me luck!

HouCuseChickie

What a weird video! But the cake looks awesome! How long will you be at Universal?

Agreed! It's so bizarre what kids will latch onto. Uni is a very short trip...only 2 park days and 2 resort nights. I was hoping we'd have a bigger cushion to get there an relax a little, but our softball schedule got in the way. As soon as we're done at Universal, we're driving down to south FL for the holiday. It's sad...when I first planned this trip, it was pre-Hurricane Ian and I was hoping we could pack up everyone in my vehicle and do a west coast day trip to Sanibel. Who knows, maybe we'll go to Everglades NP. I said never again because our first trip was so scary, but only Kendall had been born at the time and I know she won't remember. Or maybe we'll just be lazy and sit around watching football and eating leftovers!

HouCuseChickie

I'm off to Dublin on Friday for my friend's book launch. I'm super excited, but also REALLY nervous about traveling myself. Lines for security at the airport here have been ridiculous still.....people missing flights all over the place. My flight leaves at 7:35 am. You aren't allowed to check in more than 4 hours before your flight, but even that isn't always enough time. What really scares me is that the check in desks don't even open until 4:30am, so only 3 hours before my flight....and then I have to get through security. And after this summer when the stupid woman made us get into a different line, saying it would be much faster, and then it took us more than an hour longer to get through than M and A who were BEHIND us in the original line, I'm worried that something is going to happen to make me miss my flight. The good news is that the launch isn't until Saturday evening, and my flight is early Friday morning, so if I miss it, there will likely be another, and as I'm traveling alone, it will be easier to secure a seat on a different flight. Wish me luck!

Good luck with your travels! It sounds like it will be a really fun trip. I understand getting nervous with all of the unknowns, since you just never know what you're going to get each time you go to an airport. At least you have some cushion and hopefully all will go well.

StarWarsGirl

Nice! I love travelling by myself! I feel like I get through airports so much more quickly that way. I hated it when I was first doing it, but now I conveniently book my flights so I fly by myself. 🤣

Sans Souci

Happy birthday to your son. :)

Regardless of whether the cake rose up or not, I'm sure it was still delicious. I rarely ever bake, and never even heard of SR flour. Recipes I've followed in the past (if they weren't a cake mix, that is -- :joyfull: ) all called for leavening agents in the ingredients list.

Thank you. It was a tasty cake. It was an 'old school" cake that moms made back in the day. This probably took about 5 min more to make than a box cake. As far as utensils go, you just need a spoon and a bowl, then it was just basic cake ingredients, nothing fancy.

Sans Souci

That's kind of my thinking on it as well. How am I supposed to get in a good workout if I'm rushing here and rushing there? And like you said, what about rest? Some of my home equipment is in its last stages of life and the gyms closer to our house are either more than I want to spend or have really difficult contracts. There's no good answer, but at the very least, cutting what I'm not using seems wise.

VRBO is like AirBnB. I believe it stands for Vacation Rental By Owner. Some of us rented a house for this last tournament, since hotel options were limited and everything was really pricey. It was a beautiful home that slept 19 and had this great built in bunk bed room for the kids, but our bedroom had a scorpion on the edge of the closet. I thought it was dead, but was still afraid of being stung, so I wadded up a bunch of paper towels to pick it up. Good thing I did, because those legs, pincers and tail quickly came to life. It wasn't tiny, but still small enough that it could be flushed down the toilet.

OMG, I would have used an entire roll of Bounty to pick up a scorpion. 🦂

I used to live in Arizona and sometimes at night, I'd like to go to this park that was on a mountain. There was a pretty night time view of Phoenix. I went to sit down on a curb and there were a couple of scorpions. These little freak shows glow in the dark. Because scorpions aren't freaky enough? They are like this chimera of crab, lobster, and spider. And I hate those little hairs they have.

Sans Souci

So, the plot thickens with the neighbor. Last Summer, we cleaned out our shed. A couple of the boxes had kind of collapsed in on each other and the stacks were falling over, etc. We went through the whole shed and separated it into piles to keep, donate, or throw away. We got a bunch of moving boxes, all the same size so they are easier to stack, and we put the keep stuff back in the boxes and labeled them. We took the donate pile to a charity shop. But the throw away pile was too big to fit into our container, which only gets emptied once every 4 weeks. We have 3 containers. One for recyclable plastics, one for biodegradable trash, and one for regular trash. The biodegradable one gets emptied every other week, but the plastic and regular trash go in the week between, one the one week and the other two weeks later. So it's like Green, Orange, Green, Grey, Green, Orange, Green, Grey, and so on. But we already got a warning from the city that we put too much in the grey container one week because we were trying to get rid of all the trash from the shed. We'll get fined if we do that again. So we can't fit much in, and we're going to be getting renovations done at some point, but it's not our turn yet. When we do, we'll have a big dumpster, and we'll be able to get rid of all the junk. Until then, it's still just sitting in the back yard. We live in a row house, and we have a 7 foot privacy fence between our yard and the neighbors'. It's all enclosed, so there's no junk from our yard blowing into their yards, it's all covered with a plastic tarp, but I'll admit it's an eyesore. But we can't really do much about it yet, and it's only in our enclosed back yard, so it's not affecting our neighbors at all.

So after the wasp incident, the one neighbor who lives 2 doors down is the one who contacted the mediator wanting to talk to us. But we took care of the wasps and let her know it was done, and also told the mediator it was done. The mediator called to let us know that Lisette would still like a meeting. We had no idea why. She hadn't mentioned anything but the wasps, except one day when I was bringing my garbage container back, I had the back port open and she happened to be walking by and she craned her neck to see into our yard and commented "You need to clean up your yard, neighbor!" I explained that yes, we had cleaned out our shed and it was taking a while to get all the junk we don't want to keep into the container. But she can't even see our backyard from her house. Actually, NO ONE can see our back yard from their house unless they are upstairs in their houses and staring out their windows. I thought nothing of it at the time, because when she made the comment, I explained what it was and why it wasn't gone, and really, it's none of her business...it can't be bothering her because she can't see it from her house.

But that was the only issue besides the wasps that she's ever mentioned, besides putting pressure on me to choose the hideous color the rest of the row has for their houses. Our neighborhood is primarily a rental area, all owned by the same company. When we were looking for a home, this company worked on a lottery system. You signed in on a particular house you'd like, and they just drew someone from the pool of people who had signed in for that house. When we were drawn for this one, we were given the option of renting or buying. We decided to buy because we didn't want to be paying for something that would never be ours. But the rest of the houses on this row are rented, so the real estate company still owns them. They have spent the last year or so renovating all their properties to make them more energy efficient. New insolation, new and smaller windows with insolated glass, solar panels on the roof, etc. But because we OWN our house, it wasn't included in the renovations. We have an option to do renovations, but not quite the same as everyone else and not at the same time. AND we don't have to choose the same things that they did. But if a lot of the home owners choose to do the renovations, we get a bulk rate on materials and labor and we can get subsidies to bring the costs down. The rental company chose this HIDEOUS yellow color for the facade. I HATE it. It looks like a playmobil plastic house. It's just really tacky and ugly. Ours is the only one that's not done now, and our siding is faded and looking pretty bad, but we get to choose which color siding we want when we do our renovations. Lisette has been telling me we have to choose the yellow because it will look nicer if everyone has the same color. But I REALLY hate the color they have....I don't want that color, and I told her I think it's an ugly color and I wanted something different. She's mentioned it a few times since then, now that theirs are all done, and every time, she tells me I should just choose the yellow to match everyone else's. So I figured those 2 issues, the junk in the back yard, and the facade of the house, were probably what she was still upset about. But neither are her business, nor do they actually AFFECT her in any way.

So I'm walking to the grocery store today, and I come across my next door neighbor on our left. She says she has something to ask, because Lisette and our other side next-door-neighbor Kezibah want us to clean up our back yard. She says she personally doesn't have a problem with it. So I explained to her what the issue is and that we're waiting for the renovation when we will have the big dumpster. I'm not sure how much she understood because she's Turkish and doesn't speak much Dutch, but I explained it and she kept saying "I no problem. I no problem." so she's not bothered by it. Kezibah mentioned it once when we came back from vacation and I let her know that we had an appointment for the wasp issue. She said she had been stung and also asked about the back yard and said she had seen rats. First of all, that's BS, because she can't see into our yard unless she's upstairs and staring into our yard from an upper window and she can't see MUCH of our yard even if she does hang out the window. But none of the junk back there is food related. Rats look for food. We all have our trash containers in our back yards, and we take whichever one is up for that week out our back ports and out to the curb. So it makes sense that there could be critters looking for food in the containers. But I had explained to Kezibah that we couldn't fit all the junk in to the container at once and that we were getting rid of bits of it every 4 weeks, whatever would fit. So after the one neighbor asked about it today, when I saw Kezibah, I went out and told her as well that we're waiting on the renovation because we can't fit everything into the trash container. She mentioned the rats again, BUT she said she saw the rat in HER yard, by HER container. So I was right....it had nothing to do with our junk....it's that everyone has the trash containers back there. She didn't even see the rat in OUR yard, but assumed it was because of the junk. So I told her...it's not the junk, it's the trash containers, and we're WORKING on getting rid of the junk. So she said it's fine, as long as we're working on it. But Lizette walked by while I was out mowing the front lawn and she didn't even acknowledge my existence, so she's obviously got a huge problem with me.

But apparently she's been campaigning to the other neighbors about our back yard, which she can't even see....she won't even be able to tell it's been cleaned up unless Kezibah or the other neighbors notice it when they are upstairs sometime. But she's gossiping to all the neighbors, telling them to come and complain about my yard so I'll clean it up. The one neighbor today seemed really uncomfortable bringing it up. "I no problem. They problem. They want you clean yard." Whatever...it will get done eventually, and no one has a problem except her, so she can buzz off.

I would have asked the mediator what part of "no" are you struggling to understand?

Lisette sounds like she has a personality disorder, she is sending flying monkeys to your house to do her bidding and then engaging in a smear campaign on top of it. She's giving you the silent treatment now? Good. Unbeknownst to her, she is giving you the gift of a silent treat.

If anyone says anything else, I'd just say we are working on it and it's going according to our timeline, not yours. If they want you to hurry up, they can pitch in for you to get a dumpster before then. I'd say it once and then I'd stop engaging with people about it. If they try to bring it up, walk away, shut the door. This is so ridiculous and I'd imagine it's stressing you out.

Sans Souci

I'll admit that I slacked a bit this last week with those little workout bursts, but we've just had so much going on and I was super active the last few days. 90 minutes of rug deep cleaning, vacuuming, baseboard cleaning and mopping on Saturday, 2 hours of outdoor Halloween decoration dismantling and cleaning on Sunday, and three days of cake work and decorating for yesterday's bday girl (Sam). I was BEAT!

Sam's cake this year has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever done (or been asked to do). Over the summer, she became obsessed with this stupid greenish lemon video (below). It's something that was going around TikTok for a bit and she sends it to me at least 3x a week. Some days she spams me with it.

She wanted something inspired by it for her bday. This was the final result...

View attachment 677149

The cake is not the most exciting thing and the filling is not what we'd planned, although a bizarre coincidence. It's a chocolate cake with a white chocolate buttercream. It was supposed to be a white chocolate mousse filling, but something happened with my whipping of the cream and I ended up with butter...white chocolate butter. 😆 Earlier in the week, Sam and I were discussing making our own butter and flavor options. I was not expecting to do it with her cake filling! It tastes like white chocolate flavored butter and I used the liquid that separated out to soak the cake layers. It actually worked out well for the filling. And yes...those gifts are in Hanukkah bags! My mom got me some nice ones many years ago and I use them for just about every home bday as well as Hanukkah since it's easy.

I also cannot believe we're just 2 weeks away from US Thanksgiving week. Barring any unforeseen issues, we should be at Universal at this time in 2 weeks. I still haven't bought a single turkey!!! Granted, prices have stayed high. I will get one for Christmas, but that may be it for this year.

The cakes looks great. It's kind of crazy the things that turn into memes, some things are so random. It sounds delicious, especially since you soaked the cake in white chocolate buttermilk. It was probably very moist.

You guys are brave going to Uni during Thanksgiving week! I hope you have fun.

Sans Souci

I hope you have a smooth and seamless trip. You have a plan of what you can do if you do miss your flight because of security lines, so that's good. Travel loads might be smaller now that's it's Autumn, so maybe you won't see those crazy lines like you did when you flew here this summer.

Sans Souci

Nice! I love travelling by myself! I feel like I get through airports so much more quickly that way. I hated it when I was first doing it, but now I conveniently book my flights so I fly by myself. 🤣

I prefer it, too. Even flying with my husband can be a little bit stressful. He has this habit of going to buy candy 5 minutes before our boarding group is called and he makes it back by the skin of his teeth. It's like, we've been at the airport for a couple of hours and we've walked past countless newsstands and now you realize you need candy?

Sans Souci

Hello-

I'm still doing kettlebell workouts I found on YouTube. I've been dropping some of my fitness subscriptions because I have been using YouTube so much. I actually quit Weight Watchers and found an app that has some of the older WW programs on it, including the one that that helped me hit my weight loss goal. The app is $30/ year v $20/mo for WW. I am in maintenance, anyway, so I don't need the bells and whistles anymore. Plus, WW changes their programs every year or so and it gets tiresome to change to a new program. It's not a perfect substitute, the recipes seem to be user created and some of them have been--not good. But I am say enough to take regular recipes and make them better for me.

I made a quick, one night trip to visit my gram about a week and a half ago and I was kind of shocked by how quickly she'd gone downhill since I last saw her. She lost so much weight and she alternates between being fully cognizant and fully confused. She cried when she saw me and I felt badly for upsetting her, but my husband thinks she was happy to see my son and me. I honestly don't know. It was very hard to see her like that. Up until this point, her body had been giving out, but she was still sharp. I visited her in April, we were having conversations and eating together. Now, she can't really follow a conversation and she has no interest in eating.

I was supposed to have a group virtual interview today for a flight attendant job. I withdrew my application last night. I applied while I was in WDW, but when I got the invite, I felt "meh." I couldn't be bothered to do any prep, get my roots touched up, etc. I don't know what has changed, but it has. I find the thought of living in a crash pad with 2-3 bunk beds in one bedroom in another city unappealing. I don't want to go to 6-7 weeks of training in another city, either. In withdrawing my app, I leave the option to reapply without waiting 6 months if I was rejected during an interview. There are things I would have tolerated three years ago when I started applying that I simply won't now. I don't know if it's because of the pandemic, or low mood or what, but I feel no regrets for withdrawing, in fact, I felt relieved when I did it.

HouCuseChickie

OMG, I would have used an entire roll of Bounty to pick up a scorpion. 🦂

I used to live in Arizona and sometimes at night, I'd like to go to this park that was on a mountain. There was a pretty night time view of Phoenix. I went to sit down on a curb and there were a couple of scorpions. These little freak shows glow in the dark. Because scorpions aren't freaky enough? They are like this chimera of crab, lobster, and spider. And I hate those little hairs they have.

I've heard about them glowing in the dark. While I enjoy the bioluminescence of jellyfish and think bioflourescence in salamanders is pretty cool...it's just all wrong with a member of the arachnid family. I'd always thought of scorpions as a bit of a spider and crawfish amalgam, but after seeing those little legs in motion, I started to get centipede vibes.
The cakes looks great. It's kind of crazy the things that turn into memes, some things are so random. It sounds delicious, especially since you soaked the cake in white chocolate buttermilk. It was probably very moist.

You guys are brave going to Uni during Thanksgiving week! I hope you have fun.

Thanks! Yeah, I really don't understand how these crazy things become popular, but at least it's just something goofy.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about it. We were originally going to go after the cruise, but scrapped that idea for November. The original plan was to leave TX on Friday, arrive on Saturday, parks Sunday and Monday, and then Tues-Fri with family. It would have been busy, but not full-blown holiday busy. We've been to WDW at this time and we really didn't feel the holiday surge until that Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but I also know more of what I'm doing with WDW. The only thing that's going to help a bit is that we're staying at Royal Pacific. So, at least we'll have unlimited express pass. Personally, I'm not really in the mood to be riding rides and really just want to take in all of the holiday stuff (like the Macy's parade) and Harry Potter goodies, but the kids are a different story.

StarWarsGirl

I prefer it, too. Even flying with my husband can be a little bit stressful. He has this habit of going to buy candy 5 minutes before our boarding group is called and he makes it back by the skin of his teeth. It's like, we've been at the airport for a couple of hours and we've walked past countless newsstands and now you realize you need candy?
My dad is the opposite. We must rush over to the gate to sit there...and wait. I'm like, we don't actually need to be at the gate for another 45 minutes...you can chill! This man is a seasoned traveller who acts like he's never seen an airport in his life.

Oh, and going through security with him. We all have precheck, so we don't need to take anything off other than jackets. The man takes off his belt and takes forever emptying his pockets...and then once we get through, it's this whole period of waiting for him. No lie...I abandoned them in Honolulu airport, went through security, went in one of the shops there (because they always have cute litter souvenirs) bought myself two things, scouted out where food was...and then met them as they were done going through security.

I don't mind traveling with my grandma so much because we just put her in a wheelchair and she lets me handle everything.

Next time when we go to SC in December, one of the great grandkids will be coming along. I kind of feel bad, but I'm kind of glad it's just the one. The girls tend to fight, and although I love them both, I prefer them separately, especially in the airport where I'm the one dealing with it. Her sister is not doing so hot in school, and they would have to miss a couple of days, so she's allowed to come, but their mom said the younger one can't miss school, which I fully support. So we just get the one, which should make it a lot more peaceful.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was supposed to have a group virtual interview today for a flight attendant job. I withdrew my application last night. I applied while I was in WDW, but when I got the invite, I felt "meh." I couldn't be bothered to do any prep, get my roots touched up, etc. I don't know what has changed, but it has. I find the thought of living in a crash pad with 2-3 bunk beds in one bedroom in another city unappealing. I don't want to go to 6-7 weeks of training in another city, either. In withdrawing my app, I leave the option to reapply without waiting 6 months if I was rejected during an interview. There are things I would have tolerated three years ago when I started applying that I simply won't now. I don't know if it's because of the pandemic, or low mood or what, but I feel no regrets for withdrawing, in fact, I felt relieved when I did it.
I support your decision. You've gone to large group interviews, etc., in the past. Back then, the job might have been more appealing; but a few years later, you may have more clarity about some issues of working with the airlines.

Songbird76

Agreed! It's so bizarre what kids will latch onto. Uni is a very short trip...only 2 park days and 2 resort nights. I was hoping we'd have a bigger cushion to get there an relax a little, but our softball schedule got in the way. As soon as we're done at Universal, we're driving down to south FL for the holiday. It's sad...when I first planned this trip, it was pre-Hurricane Ian and I was hoping we could pack up everyone in my vehicle and do a west coast day trip to Sanibel. Who knows, maybe we'll go to Everglades NP. I said never again because our first trip was so scary, but only Kendall had been born at the time and I know she won't remember. Or maybe we'll just be lazy and sit around watching football and eating leftovers!
I'm sure you'll find something to do....even if it's just to take a nap. I don't know about you, but traveling takes a lot out of me. This trip is going to be exhausting. I work tonight until 11pm, but have to check into my flight in the middle of the night and it's a 2 hour drive to the airport. So I'll work until 11, drive home, leave here around midnight, then sit in the airport for a couple of hours until the checkin desks open. Hopefully I'll be one of the first people to check in, and therefore be one of the first to get through security. Then once I'm through, hopefully I'll have a bit of time to grab some breakfast somewhere and maybe take a nap at the gate before boarding? Or, if not, hopefully I can sleep for an hour or so on the plane. And if I can't get breakfast because it's too early, it looks like there's a McDonalds at the airport in Dublin. At least I can sleep in on Saturday morning and Sunday morning.

Songbird76

I hope you have a smooth and seamless trip. You have a plan of what you can do if you do miss your flight because of security lines, so that's good. Travel loads might be smaller now that's it's Autumn, so maybe you won't see those crazy lines like you did when you flew here this summer.
This is true...it's no longer fall break. I know they had problems for a couple of weeks in October because of schools on fall break. Now that no one has vacation, it should be less busy. I hadn't thought of that, and that does make me feel better, so thank you! I've got everything packed that I CAN pack at the moment. The rest is stuff that I still need, like my hairbrush. I'm waiting to take a shower until this afternoon since I won't have access to a shower in the morning. I want to be as fresh as I CAN be without that.

Songbird76

Well, getting through security should be faster without the whole famn damily, but I have ZERO sense of direction and I'm really not good at figuring out how to get to the right check in, how to get to the right gate, etc. Usually my husband reads those boards and then I can tell what he's looking at once he's figured it out. But we did just travel in July and August, so it's still relatively fresh in my mind and I should be ok this time. And not having a kid freaking out about stairs and whatnot should help, too. Between the time of year and being by myself, and without the stupid woman who sent us to a SLOW line, it should be better than it was in the Summer.

Songbird76

Hello-

I'm still doing kettlebell workouts I found on YouTube. I've been dropping some of my fitness subscriptions because I have been using YouTube so much. I actually quit Weight Watchers and found an app that has some of the older WW programs on it, including the one that that helped me hit my weight loss goal. The app is $30/ year v $20/mo for WW. I am in maintenance, anyway, so I don't need the bells and whistles anymore. Plus, WW changes their programs every year or so and it gets tiresome to change to a new program. It's not a perfect substitute, the recipes seem to be user created and some of them have been--not good. But I am say enough to take regular recipes and make them better for me.

I made a quick, one night trip to visit my gram about a week and a half ago and I was kind of shocked by how quickly she'd gone downhill since I last saw her. She lost so much weight and she alternates between being fully cognizant and fully confused. She cried when she saw me and I felt badly for upsetting her, but my husband thinks she was happy to see my son and me. I honestly don't know. It was very hard to see her like that. Up until this point, her body had been giving out, but she was still sharp. I visited her in April, we were having conversations and eating together. Now, she can't really follow a conversation and she has no interest in eating.

I'm sorry your grandma is going downhill so quickly. That must be really hard on you, being such a quick change. It's good you got to see her, and am I reading it correctly that your son got to go too? I'm sure she was happy to see you. I think with the covid restrictions, a lot of people were prevented from visiting loved ones, and a lot of elderly people were really lonely and kind of felt forgotten. I'm sure it was good for her to know that you cared enough to make an effort to visit her, even if she couldn't have a lengthy conversation. My aunt had had so many strokes towards the end of her life, she couldn't track a conversation. But when we went back "home" we always visited her, and I know it meant a lot to her even though she couldn't really follow what we were saying to us. The fact that we were there was what mattered.

Sounds like you don't necessarily want to be a flight attendant anymore? I totally get that. Things have changed in the last couple of years and passengers seem more rude, and more entitled, and more is expected of FAs. Maybe you'll feel different a year or two from now, or maybe not. Go with your gut!

HouCuseChickie

I'm sorry she's declining so rapidly. It's so difficult to watch our loved ones deteriorate. I'd like to think she was crying because she was happy to see you. My friend has been experiencing something like that with his dad. He has his share of bad days and no longer communicates well, but the tears are usually from joy over seeing his loved ones.

I'd feel pretty meh about that as well. I never liked having roommates, so having to share a bunk bed room with other FAs isn't very appealing. We recently watched the HBO series The Flight Attendant, which made me think about you and the industry. The show naturally shows them staying in these fancy hotels during their travels and cute places to stay from their home base, but now I'm getting a visual more like the bunk bed room the kids had a few weeks ago for softball travel. No thank you!

HouCuseChickie

I'm sure you'll find something to do....even if it's just to take a nap. I don't know about you, but traveling takes a lot out of me. This trip is going to be exhausting. I work tonight until 11pm, but have to check into my flight in the middle of the night and it's a 2 hour drive to the airport. So I'll work until 11, drive home, leave here around midnight, then sit in the airport for a couple of hours until the checkin desks open. Hopefully I'll be one of the first people to check in, and therefore be one of the first to get through security. Then once I'm through, hopefully I'll have a bit of time to grab some breakfast somewhere and maybe take a nap at the gate before boarding? Or, if not, hopefully I can sleep for an hour or so on the plane. And if I can't get breakfast because it's too early, it looks like there's a McDonalds at the airport in Dublin. At least I can sleep in on Saturday morning and Sunday morning.

Since I last posted, we decided to scrap Universal. We're still going to FL, but just no theme parks. I'm sure we'll still be tired, but it won't be the all-night drive we were originally planning. Seeing your schedule and plans reminded me how much more exhausting and stressful air travel is. I'm usually a blend of sleep deprivation, poor nutrition, angry muscles from lugging bags, and stress over getting where I need to be with time to spare. Thankfully, I'm pretty good with plane sleeping. Hopefully all of your travel will go smoothly and you'll get some rest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom