working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I am feeling a bit better today. It's weird because I am not coughing when I am sleep, but I start coughing at like 5:30 AM. My husband went to check for Callie and she was waiting on a char on the deck like a princess, to be fed. It was so good to her again. I finally put on clothes vs. pajamas today. I am waiting a while to workout. I have been thinking maybe working out before I was 100% better could have contributed to my rebound. I am going to go sit in my yard, though. I haven't been outside since last Wed and I feel like fresh air and sunshine would help a bit.
Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

Songbird76

Thank you for taking the time to explain that very throughly. I just assumed anyone involved in directing and coaching a choir would have a music degree. I didn't know a vocal coach didn't need one. I was in Show Choir my senior year of HS, but our conductor did everything. I know this is naughty, but I only took choir as a class because I'd grown sick of band and you are required to take PE all for four years in HS in IL. You could, however, opt out of that requirement your junior and senior year if you took band or choir. Even though I have always been pretty active and I like being active, I hated PE.
I actually have a degree in Music, but I really didn't like teaching, and I never really wanted to direct. I didn't want to do high school level, because I'm not proficient enough on the piano and I don't feel like I'd be a good director without those skills. We had to pass a piano proficiency class to get a music education degree, and I passed, but I definitely still don't feel like I'd be good enough to accompany a choir, and I would need an accompanist to help with all the music. It's just not something I would feel confident in, and I would hate to cheat kids out of a great experience. So I don't want to direct. And I don't want to do voice lessons because I really don't know HOW I sing. I just always have. It always came easily to me and I never thought about how I do it, so to try to teach someone else seems kind of...sketchy, I guess. Like I'd be charging money for something that I couldn't be sure they got anything out of, and of course most voice teachers also play the piano to accompany their students, which I can't do.

I only had to do 2 years of PE, but I HATED PE. I'd have taken band or choir to get out of it, too!! I know there are schools that make exceptions about PE if kids are involved in a sport, but ours didn't do that. I probably would have stayed in cheerleading if they did. PE was just awful...I am not very athletic and I was always chosen last for teams and I wasn't good at any of it. I can't run fast or jump high, I have terrible aim.

Sans Souci

I actually have a degree in Music, but I really didn't like teaching, and I never really wanted to direct. I didn't want to do high school level, because I'm not proficient enough on the piano and I don't feel like I'd be a good director without those skills. We had to pass a piano proficiency class to get a music education degree, and I passed, but I definitely still don't feel like I'd be good enough to accompany a choir, and I would need an accompanist to help with all the music. It's just not something I would feel confident in, and I would hate to cheat kids out of a great experience. So I don't want to direct. And I don't want to do voice lessons because I really don't know HOW I sing. I just always have. It always came easily to me and I never thought about how I do it, so to try to teach someone else seems kind of...sketchy, I guess. Like I'd be charging money for something that I couldn't be sure they got anything out of, and of course most voice teachers also play the piano to accompany their students, which I can't do.

I only had to do 2 years of PE, but I HATED PE. I'd have taken band or choir to get out of it, too!! I know there are schools that make exceptions about PE if kids are involved in a sport, but ours didn't do that. I probably would have stayed in cheerleading if they did. PE was just awful...I am not very athletic and I was always chosen last for teams and I wasn't good at any of it. I can't run fast or jump high, I have terrible aim.

I liked PE my freshman year. They used to have us segregated by sex and we did lots of fun stuff, volleyball, softball, Ultimate and Jane Fonda Aerobics videos, but that was illegal to separate us. After that, PE stopped being fun. We started playing touch football, floor hockey and the boys were way too rough.

Sans Souci

I know he's not normally allowed to stay at Shades but is there any chance an exception could be made due to him having to be there for work.

I am not sure, but I will ask him. I found a better deal at a Springhill Suites on Palm Parkway. It is newer and cleaner-looking and it gets better reviews than the Sheraton. It's only three nights. If it is clean, has a pool and a gym, I am happy. My husband is going to be at Coronado Springs all day. I am just going to play it by ear.

Sans Souci

Happy Independence Day! 🎆 🇺🇸

I tested negative for covid yesterday morning. I was able to go out for dinner last night. Today is our 25th anniversary, we went out to Seasons 52 last night. We sat outside and it was the first time I'd been outdoors In so long.It was so beautiful outside, not hot, with a lovely breeze. Our big celebration will be in September in Phoenix, because I don't fancy Arizona in July. It was a really nice meal. My nasty cough is pretty much gone.

I went out for a walk this AM and then I did a kettlebell w/o that had lots of rest periods in it.

I have made limoncello lemon bars and Cajun potato salad so far. I have a couple more things to make yet, but they are pretty simple.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Songbird76

I liked PE my freshman year. They used to have us segregated by sex and we did lots of fun stuff, volleyball, softball, Ultimate and Jane Fonda Aerobics videos, but that was illegal to separate us. After that, PE stopped being fun. We started playing touch football, floor hockey and the boys were way too rough.
We were never separated, but I was just really bad at sports. And a lot of the guys were really rough, as you said. We were playing kickball once, and this one really big guy kicked the ball as hard as he could, trying to get a home run, but the ball hit me in the stomach instead, and it completely knocked the wind out of me. I couldn't breathe, and I thought I was going to throw up. He felt really bad and he hadn't done it on purpose, but that's just the kind of stuff that happens in that setting.

Songbird76

I tested negative for covid yesterday morning. I was able to go out for dinner last night. Today is our 25th anniversary, we went out to Seasons 52 last night. We sat outside and it was the first time I'd been outdoors In so long.It was so beautiful outside, not hot, with a lovely breeze. Our big celebration will be in September in Phoenix, because I don't fancy Arizona in July. It was a really nice meal. My nasty cough is pretty much gone.

I went out for a walk this AM and then I did a kettlebell w/o that had lots of rest periods in it.

I have made limoncello lemon bars and Cajun potato salad so far. I have a couple more things to make yet, but they are pretty simple.

Glad you are feeling better!! I had my diabetis checkup today, and my sugar was a little bit high, but not too bad, but I have lost another kilo, so like....10 kilos total, and my blood pressure was only 111/74, so on the low side. So I'm actually doing pretty well. My sugar was fine a few months ago, but we went to the movies this past weekend to see the new minion movie, and I was kind of bad last weekend with what I ate. A lot of carbs, and last night I had fruit (bananas, strawberries, and blueberries....bananas are particularly bad for sugars) with some honey, so I expect that my sugar was high because I didn't pay enough attention to my food. I need to get back to the veggie pasta and such. It's just hard now because I work until 6 three to four days a week and I'm the last one home, so I don't have time to do stuff like make zoodles. I was a little angry today when I got home at 6:30, because I had everything in the house for chicken wraps, my husband and both kids were home, but E was sleeping, my husband and son were both on their computers, and dinner hadn't even been started. So even though I was the last one home, I still had to cook, when they could have had everything all ready. And at least it wasn't a very time-consuming meal, but still, I shouldn't have been the one making it when DH had been home for at least an hour and E's chore is to help with the cooking.

I hope you all have a great 4th of July. I don't celebrate it, being the day my mom passed, and also we should be celebrating July 2nd, not July 4th, but it just doesn't feel like a celebratory day to me. And of course, it's not a "thing" here, so I usually have to work.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was always in a group with guys as we were grouped after fitness testing, If you ask me how they did they testing was strange to say the least x points for different activities, sprints, long runs, sit ups............. I aced sit ups and the long runs even against the guys, don't really remember exactly what was what besides those 2. Silly boys that age aren't too bright and I never had to put away equipment. That bunch of geniuses believed I couldn't lift it:angelic:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

Happy Anniversary Hearts GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
and happy negative

Lilofan

I am not sure, but I will ask him. I found a better deal at a Springhill Suites on Palm Parkway. It is newer and cleaner-looking and it gets better reviews than the Sheraton. It's only three nights. If it is clean, has a pool and a gym, I am happy. My husband is going to be at Coronado Springs all day. I am just going to play it by ear.
We've stayed in Springhill in our travels in SC. Really nice hotel suite, nice and healthy buffet breakfast, small but clean and functional gym. Home2 Suites, Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inn & Suites are our go places for an overnight stay prior to another day of long driving. The bath and body products in the room is not your standard hotel items.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I tested negative for covid yesterday morning. I was able to go out for dinner last night. Today is our 25th anniversary, we went out to Seasons 52 last night. We sat outside and it was the first time I'd been outdoors In so long.It was so beautiful outside, not hot, with a lovely breeze.
Glad you're feeling better. Just wanted to say congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary today! 🥰

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Happy Anniversary! And yay for testing negative for Covid.

Cajun potato salad sounds good. Do you have a recipe to share? The bars sound good too but I can’t make those because my husband hates lemon. 😔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom