working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Good morning. 🌅

I did a 40 minute kettle bell strength training workout. I need to watch when I do a lot of strength training, my appetite goes through the roof when I do. I am trying to keep the weights low to prevent that and "bulkiness." I am hoping long walks might prevent the bulkiness. I like these types of workouts, but I avoid them for those reasons.

It's going to be 70 and sunny today, so I am going out for a long walk.

A couple of weeks ago, I made a large tray of lasagna and froze it into individual portions. So that, along side a salad, is tonight's dinner. I am feeling lazy. lol

HouCuseChickie

So long story that I haven't told on this thread.

When I was on vacation in South Carolina, I crashed my bike (well, the rental bike). I ended up pretty badly beat up. I dislocated and broke my middle finger on my right hand, so I had surgery to repair the finger back in January. Well, my knee was also injured at the same time. At the ER, they said it was stable and obviously the greater concern was the broken middle finger.

So I went to WDW, walked around on it with a brace, and was in a ton of pain almost all the time (although it was good for the finger because it was a week of basically not having to use it and allowing it to heal). When I got home, after recovering from COVID when I could finally get in to see an orthopedist, I got an MRI done. Turns out I tore my PCL and damaged a few ligaments around it. So now I'm going to be in physical therapy for idk how long trying to get the thing to heal. Workouts have been entirely on hold because I can't lift weights right now, and walking really really hurts, so I'm going to wait on further guidance from the physical therapist before figuring out what workouts I can do.

Oh no! I'm so sorry all of this has happened. It sounds awful :( Prayers that you mend quickly and that PT helps with everything.

HouCuseChickie

Checking in...I've been trying to at least get back into a routine. I've been keeping up with a similar workout since I last posted. Yesterday was a break day since I played chauffer all day for the older one. Today, I also added on a walk to the rest of the biking and weights routine. My feet are pretty angry with me, so I only got in a little over 2 miles, but I've got to start moving more. I haven't had any discomfort with the surgical site on the leg, so I think any pains are just from me being more sedentary for a while. In fact, the majority of the area on my leg just now looks like a big scar. My only legitimate gripe with going out walking right now is the pollen. Oh well, hopefully I can keep building on the walking.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Checking in...I've been trying to at least get back into a routine. I've been keeping up with a similar workout since I last posted. Yesterday was a break day since I played chauffer all day for the older one. Today, I also added on a walk to the rest of the biking and weights routine. My feet are pretty angry with me, so I only got in a little over 2 miles, but I've got to start moving more. I haven't had any discomfort with the surgical site on the leg, so I think any pains are just from me being more sedentary for a while. In fact, the majority of the area on my leg just now looks like a big scar. My only legitimate gripe with going out walking right now is the pollen. Oh well, hopefully I can keep building on the walking.
Glad to hear you're doing better. Physical progress after a medical issue, takes time. But if you're walking a few miles, that's positive. (Please allow resting time for yourself, as well. It's easy to overdue it, without realizing, at times.)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I did a Kettlebell and bodyweight HIIT off of YouTube. It was 30 min. The perfect length of time for me right now. I also went out for a walk since it's just a gorgeous day outside. It is in the upper 60s and sunny. I saw some daffodils that are opening while I was out. It's such a mood boost to see things waking up for Spring.

I feel like I am coming down with a sinus infection. That's the only drawback for me this time of year. I took some stuff that should help with headache and cheek and teeth ache. I might take tomorrow off from workouts to let my body fight this off. I'll see how I feel. I'm very hoarse from post nasal drip, too. I am hoping it's just a change in weather that's causing my sinus issues.
I'm sorry you're not feeling well and hope it's nothing but a change in weather. My sinuses haven't been exactly happy this week

Songbird76

It's E's last day in quarantine! I can get out as soon is I'm symptom free for 24 hours, but I'm not yet. But at least I'll be able to send E to the grocery store tomorrow. The earliest delivery date I could get is Saturday, so we can't get groceries right now. I got a delivery on Tuesday with stuff to make dinner that night and last night, and milk for a few days...that will last until tomorrow. A's teacher called at 7:15 this morning to say she isn't able to teach today and they don't have time to look for a replacement, so he's home today, but is staying in his room with the door closed. Anyway, my last day of quarantine is Monday unless I don't have symptoms before that. As soon as we're all over this, I'm going to have to wash all our bedding and disinfect everything again. Next week is supposed to be nice weather, so I hope I can get out for a nice long walk!

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I did another YouTube video that was a HIIT workout that alternated between kettlebell intervals and bodyweight intervals. I'm hoping to get out for a walk later, since we're supposed to have great weather. It's very foggy right now, though.

I'm just happy I don't have to wear layers of clothes when I go out nowadays. I was wearing 2 pairs of gloves and my fingers were still hurting me from the cold. I am hoping those days are gone until next fall. I'm not putting my sweaters away just yet though.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning.

I did another YouTube video that was a HIIT workout that alternated between kettlebell intervals and bodyweight intervals. I'm hoping to get out for a walk later, since we're supposed to have great weather. It's very foggy right now, though.

I'm just happy I don't have to wear layers of clothes when I go out nowadays. I was wearing 2 pairs of gloves and my fingers were still hurting me from the cold. I am hoping those days are gone until next fall. I'm not putting my sweaters away just yet though.
Congratulations it's your safe planting date for kale. I wouldn't put anything away until about May 1st just to be on the safe side

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀️

I did a Youtube workout again today. I found a channel with a trainer who puts out a new video everyday at 5:30 AM EST. The workout are a mix of strength training, cardio, pilates and yoga. Each day is a different type of workout. I liked the workouts I have been doing the past couple of weeks, but wow, do they make me hungry. :hungry: Hopefully, taking the intensity down a notch will help tame my appetite.

I'm going to get out for a walk, too. It's very sunny now, but it's supposed to get stormy this afternoon.

StarWarsGirl

It's crazy, I was all bundled up for my walk last Sunday and it was so nice and sunny yesterday. I went out for a walk and about 5 minutes in, I was regretting wearing black leggings and not shorts. I'm hoping to get out before the storms roll in.
I was having allergy symptoms and my mom was asking me why I didn't bump up my allergy medications already. Because it literally snowed a week ago, Mom...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom