working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

No workout for me today, which is a complete bummer....it's BEAUTIFUL outside. It's like 60 degrees and sunny....so nice! But E has had a sore throat for 2 weeks, and she had negative self tests every day for 5 or 6 days, and then another after around 10 days, before we went to the zoo. So she didn't have corona. We tested the day after we went to the zoo...still negative. She went to school Monday, started feeling a bit "blurry" as she calls it that night, then woke up on Tuesday and the sore throat was terrible and she could barely talk. But we thought nothing of it, because it had been sore for almost 2 weeks by then and she had tested negative every time. So I decided to take her to the doctor for the sore throat because it wasn't going away. Wednesday night I had her do another self test....all students are supposed to do them twice a week. And it was positive. And I woke up this morning with a slightly sore throat and a bit phlegmy.....could just be hay fever, but it doesn't feel like that. So we just went and got tested. We wanted to get all of us tested at the same time, but A had school and they need permission from anyone over 12 to set up an appointment, so we had to wait until we were all home at the same time, which was today at 12:30. We called, and they wouldn't make appointments for my husband or A, because they don't have symptoms. You can only get an appointment without symptoms if you have exposure to someone who has confirmed covid with a PCR test, not a self test. We're sure E has it, I possibly have it, but they won't test the boys. But in any case, I'm in quarantine, and not feeling fantastic, so no workout for me. :(

I'm sorry you're all not feeling well. What you're experiencing sounds a bit like what's going on in our house. Negative for Covid, but still a variety of issues. Hope you feel better soon!

HouCuseChickie

Well, my parents have decided to postpone their visit. My husband and my younger one started having issues earlier in the week, but it seemed like allergies. We're getting into peak pollen season (as noted on the graphic below). So, I expect congestion, bad sore throats from post nasal drip, nausea from all of the drainage, sinus headaches/pain, and low grade elevations (under 100) as the body struggles to fight the pollening. That all changed when the older one started running a fever yesterday (around 102). She's negative for Covid, but with my parents' ages, they don't want to chance it. My younger one and I have also started to develop some stomach issues that are not consistent with allergy related effect. So, now we're trying to coordinate new dates for a visit in the near future.

1647013889338.png

Beyond that, I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor about my leg. I did my check in on Tuesday, but I asked to give it another couple of days of bandaging to let one little spot heal over. I'm hoping to get the green light to start leaving it open to the air without dressing/gauze, as well as being OK'd for things like biking and baths. I'm still experiencing lymph related pain and swelling here and there, but being able to do more should help with that. I'm also hoping to get a new pair of running shoes next week. I don't see myself running for a while...just because I don't want to 😂 but I'd like something new, with some really plush cushioning, so I can get back into longer walks. I'll check in later if I'm able to bike. I was hoping to also get in some outdoor exercise washing the car, but it's supposed to rain...so, I might as well just wait until tomorrow.

UPDATE- I didn't hear from the dr yet, but I decided to get on the bike and see how it felt. It actually felt fine. I didn't push it to my normal pace/distance/time, but I biked for 30 minutes/7.35 miles. Slight pinching around the 15 minute mark, but it went away immediately. If anything, I just got annoyed because I'm still wearing a bandage. It gets hot and moves around a bit. In any event, I was still feeling good, so after that I did---- a modified 10 minute barre routine for legs and glutes, three sets with the 8lb dumbbells (back, shoulders, triceps), some gentle stretching, and 100 twists on the twist plate w/the 5lb dumbells to work on the obliques. Never broke a sweat, but it got me moving.

Last edited:

Songbird76

Well, my parents have decided to postpone their visit. My husband and my younger one started having issues earlier in the week, but it seemed like allergies. We're getting into peak pollen season (as noted on the graphic below). So, I expect congestion, bad sore throats from post nasal drip, nausea from all of the drainage, sinus headaches/pain, and low grade elevations (under 100) as the body struggles to fight the pollening. That all changed when the older one started running a fever yesterday (around 102). She's negative for Covid, but with my parents' ages, they don't want to chance it. My younger one and I have also started to develop some stomach issues that are not consistent with allergy related effect. So, now we're trying to coordinate new dates for a visit in the near future.

View attachment 626533

Beyond that, I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor about my leg. I did my check in on Tuesday, but I asked to give it another couple of days of bandaging to let one little spot heal over. I'm hoping to get the green light to start leaving it open to the air without dressing/gauze, as well as being OK'd for things like biking and baths. I'm still experiencing lymph related pain and swelling here and there, but being able to do more should help with that. I'm also hoping to get a new pair of running shoes next week. I don't see myself running for a while...just because I don't want to 😂 but I'd like something new, with some really plush cushioning, so I can get back into longer walks. I'll check in later if I'm able to bike. I was hoping to also get in some outdoor exercise washing the car, but it's supposed to rain...so, I might as well just wait until tomorrow.

UPDATE- I didn't hear from the dr yet, but I decided to get on the bike and see how it felt. It actually felt fine. I didn't push it to my normal pace/distance/time, but I biked for 30 minutes/7.35 miles. Slight pinching around the 15 minute mark, but it went away immediately. If anything, I just got annoyed because I'm still wearing a bandage. It gets hot and moves around a bit. In any event, I was still feeling good, so after that I did---- a modified 10 minute barre routine for legs and glutes, three sets with the 8lb dumbbells (back, shoulders, triceps), some gentle stretching, and 100 twists on the twist plate w/the 5lb dumbells to work on the obliques. Never broke a sweat, but it got me moving.
I'm sorry you had to change your plans. Are your husband and kids still planning to go to Dallas?

Hope you get okayed for everything!! Good luck!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No workout for me today, which is a complete bummer....it's BEAUTIFUL outside. It's like 60 degrees and sunny....so nice! But E has had a sore throat for 2 weeks, and she had negative self tests every day for 5 or 6 days, and then another after around 10 days, before we went to the zoo. So she didn't have corona. We tested the day after we went to the zoo...still negative. She went to school Monday, started feeling a bit "blurry" as she calls it that night, then woke up on Tuesday and the sore throat was terrible and she could barely talk. But we thought nothing of it, because it had been sore for almost 2 weeks by then and she had tested negative every time. So I decided to take her to the doctor for the sore throat because it wasn't going away. Wednesday night I had her do another self test....all students are supposed to do them twice a week. And it was positive. And I woke up this morning with a slightly sore throat and a bit phlegmy.....could just be hay fever, but it doesn't feel like that. So we just went and got tested. We wanted to get all of us tested at the same time, but A had school and they need permission from anyone over 12 to set up an appointment, so we had to wait until we were all home at the same time, which was today at 12:30. We called, and they wouldn't make appointments for my husband or A, because they don't have symptoms. You can only get an appointment without symptoms if you have exposure to someone who has confirmed covid with a PCR test, not a self test. We're sure E has it, I possibly have it, but they won't test the boys. But in any case, I'm in quarantine, and not feeling fantastic, so no workout for me. :(
Curious -- any flu cases over there? Not many here at all, but there still are some. Watched a medical report today that mentioned the flu vaccine this year was only about 16% effective. (Not sure how they chose the strains for 21-22 flu season, but they were way off, apparently.) So I was just wondering about your daughter with her symptoms, as she was negative for covid.

Songbird76

Curious -- any flu cases over there? Not many here at all, but there still are some. Watched a medical report today that mentioned the flu vaccine this year was only about 16% effective. (Not sure how they chose the strains for 21-22 flu season, but they were way off, apparently.) So I was just wondering about your daughter with her symptoms, as she was negative for covid.
There probably are, but everything now is covid...we don't hear about anything else. E has gotten sick so many times and always tested negative until Wednesday. We don't have the results of the PCR test yet, obviously, but given that she did 2 self tests and both were positive, we're pretty sure it's not a false positive. Mine could go either way. But I haven't gotten the flu this year...I got my flu shot and I've been fine. E got sick last vacation, and she was exposed by friends several times, and one time she got sick after that, so we thought she had caught it, but her PCR test then was negative. That's why this is so weird. In one week, 3 of the people she sat next to for an extended period at school were positive, and she still didn't catch it. Most of her friend group has already had it. And NOW she gets it? How? Did she get it in the zoo? And if she got it at the zoo, how?? People are constantly moving, etc....so did someone breathe on her just right? And if it WASN'T from the zoo, how'd she get it at school when everyone she sits next to has already had it except her best friend? It's just really strange that she got it now.

Sans Souci

I hope you and E are feeling better soon. That's weird that she had a sore throat for 2 weeks before testing positive. I wonder if she had a virus that took her immune system down a bit and then made it easier for a covid infection?

Sans Souci

View attachment 626533

My husband struggles with ragweed. I don't know if I have allergies, but I have regular issues with my sinuses. I know how bad that can feel--the sore throat, the nausea and the pressure behind the cheek and the teeth. It's really makes you feel fatigued, too. :hungover:

That's great that you are easing into more activity again. It helps with well-being. I know you have a busy life, even just 15 minutes of movement can do wonders.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's just short of blizzarding up here so I did about an hour of joint releases, twists, trees and stretching. To my utter amazement I had an extremely good session that was very flowy which is unusual in this type of weather. The boys are going to spend the day shoveling so they're going to get waffles, fried chicken or groundhog if I catch one, applesauce and hot chocolate for dinner.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am checking in with a 30 minute HIIT video I found on YouTube. I was hard, but good. I don't think there is a walk in my future today. It's windy with rain that is supposed to turn into snow. 👎

My husband and I rented a movie last night that was billed as a comedy about an adult film actor in his late 40s who returns to his hometown because he is washed up and broke. He's one of these guys who uses people without thinking twice about it, because he feels entitled to their assistance. What the synopsis did not provide was that he is grooming a high school-aged girl into the "industry" so he can return to it and make money off of her. There was a scene where they are having relations and he films it. I turned it off at that point. Now, maybe something bad happens to him in this movie. (I hope it does.) I figured there would likely be adult situations, given the main character's career when I rented this. I don't mind when it is two adults, but it upsets me to see a grown man preying on a girl.

I think I will watch Turning Red tonight as brain bleach. That, or a mini "Golden Girls" marathon. :happy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I am checking in with a 30 minute HIIT video I found on YouTube. I was hard, but good. I don't think there is a walk in my future today. It's windy with rain that is supposed to turn into snow. 👎

My husband and I rented a movie last night that was billed as a comedy about an adult film actor in his late 40s who returns to his hometown because he is washed up and broke. He's one of these guys who uses people without thinking twice about it, because he feels entitled to their assistance. What the synopsis did not provide was that he is grooming a high school-aged girl into the "industry" so he can return to it and make money off of her. There was a scene where they are having relations and he films it. I turned it off at that point. Now, maybe something bad happens to him in this movie. (I hope it does.) I figured there would likely be adult situations, given the main character's career when I rented this. I don't mind when it is two adults, but it upsets me to see a grown man preying on a girl.

I think I will watch Turning Red tonight as brain bleach. That, or a mini "Golden Girls" marathon. :happy:
Dh and I watch Picard this morning and we're hoping to have time to watch Law and Order before he goes to sleep

Sans Souci

It's just short of blizzarding up here so I did about an hour of joint releases, twists, trees and stretching. To my utter amazement I had an extremely good session that was very flowy which is unusual in this type of weather. The boys are going to spend the day shoveling so they're going to get waffles, fried chicken or groundhog if I catch one, applesauce and hot chocolate for dinner.

It's been raining down here, but it's turned to sleet. We're only supposed to get an inch or two. I am hoping this is the last snowy day until the end of the year.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's been raining down here, but it's turned to sleet. We're only supposed to get an inch or two. I am hoping this is the last snowy day until the end of the year.
The love is for the last snowy day but a giant boo hiss go away for any ice as that crap is dangerous!!!!!!!!!! So happy you decided not to go for a walk as I don't want you to get injured. Depending on where and how badly the storm bombs out we'll wind up with 9 to 18 inches. There's about 4ish on the ground already. That being said I'd rather get 2 feet of snow than any ice

Sans Souci

Dh and I watch Picard this morning and we're hoping to have time to watch Law and Order before he goes to sleep

I honestly thought I was going to see a black comedy about a former adult film actor struggling to reintegrate into society. I mean, that was a big part of it, but I thought I see this guy struggling to get work and struggling to find someone to date after working in that sector and the misfires from that.

HouCuseChickie

I'm sorry you had to change your plans. Are your husband and kids still planning to go to Dallas?

Hope you get okayed for everything!! Good luck!

They've got a week until Dallas, so I'm sure they'll be good. Whatever it is seems to be a 24-48 hour thing. I'm sorry you guys are ill. The zoo part raises an interesting question. Not that she'd be right on top of the zoo animals, but we've seen so many stories about animals getting it that I have to wonder if there's a zoonotic link. I'm hoping you guys are better soon and everything is mild.

HouCuseChickie

My husband struggles with ragweed. I don't know if I have allergies, but I have regular issues with my sinuses. I know how bad that can feel--the sore throat, the nausea and the pressure behind the cheek and the teeth. It's really makes you feel fatigued, too. :hungover:

That's great that you are easing into more activity again. It helps with well-being. I know you have a busy life, even just 15 minutes of movement can do wonders.

My older one and I are the only ones in our house who have been through testing. She's had the smaller panel with the really common stuff while I've had the full workup 4x in my life. There's nothing quite like turning both arms, the upper back, and your thighs into human pin cushions. We're in full spring mode here and there is oak pollen everywhere, which is one of many allergens that impacts my body.

I'm definitely not going to push it just yet, but it felt really nice to just move! :)

HouCuseChickie

After I posted yesterday, I got the official word from the doctor that I am free to exercise/bike, swim/bathe, and go without bandaging. Obviously, they want me to take it slow at first and some of this feels really strange after months of restrictions, but it's pretty awesome to be free. Barring any unforeseen issues, I have one last check in next week and then I'm free until my summer follow up.

I blended physical activity around the house and working out today. Cleaning parts of the house and the car can be pretty physically taxing, but I probably spent a good 3-4 hours on stuff like that. This afternoon, it was another 30 minutes on the bike (7.55 miles), a 10 minutes arm workout with some stretching, and a weighted set on the twist plate.

Songbird76

I hope you and E are feeling better soon. That's weird that she had a sore throat for 2 weeks before testing positive. I wonder if she had a virus that took her immune system down a bit and then made it easier for a covid infection?
That's what we're thinking. Obviously she didn't have covid for 2 weeks before she tested positive, and she does have a tendency to get sick every vacation. She's just like me....I go go go and then when I finally have a break, my body sighs in relief and my immune system crashes allowing every germ within 100 miles to attack it. So she got the sore throat 2 days before the spring break. I kept her home on that Thursday and Friday, thinking it was probably covid, but she kept testing negative. All through the break, we tested and she was negative. So the Saturday before she went back to school, she was still negative, and she said the sore throat was almost gone, so we went to the zoo thinking she was fine. Then Monday evening, she started feeling really run down and her throat felt a little iffy again, Tuesday it was back with a vengeance, though now we know it wasn't the same sore throat. So either she caught covid at the zoo on Saturday, or at school on Monday. I'm thinking her immune system was already low because of the sore throat she was recovering from, so she probably got it at the zoo on Saturday. And I am boostered, so I didn't catch it at the zoo even though we were together the whole time, so we encountered the same people. It wasn't until SHE was contagious and I was around her for hours that my immune system cratered. My husband was still negative as of this morning and has no symptoms. A already isolates...he only comes out of his room for school, tennis, chess, and food, so hopefully he won't catch it. When we went to the zoo, he was only there for the first couple of hours before he got frustrated and my husband ended up having to leave with him. E and I were at the zoo the whole day.

When my FIL and BIL had it, my MIL never caught it, and that was before she had the booster. My husband seems to take after his mom a lot, and he has been boostered, so hopefully he won't catch it. The email I got says I'm supposed to go into isolation, meaning I stay in the bedroom alone. Obviously, since E has it too, we don't have to isolate from each other, but there's no way my husband is going to sleep on the couch. We haven't spent much time together in the last few days...either I'm downstairs watching stuff with E, or I'm upstairs and he's downstairs watching stuff on the TV. The only time we're together is to sleep. So we'll see if his immune system holds up.

Songbird76

Hello-

How in the world is that a COMEDY!! There is nothing funny about exploitation or assault of minors. That is disgusting!!

I had never heard of Turning Red until we watched it last night. A friend of mine posted something on the book of Face, about generational trauma, parents living vicariously through their children, expecting high achievement, etc and I related to that and commented on it, and I mentioned the song in Encanto about Pressure, feeling worthless if you can't do it all, etc. And she asked if I had seen Turning Red, which I hadn't even heard of. She said Disney is tackling a lot of that generational trauma these days, and I asked E if she had heard of it and she got all excited and was like "OH!!! Is it the 11th??" I said it was the 12th, and she said that it was out now, so we watched it. It was cute....not nearly as good as encanto, but it was fun.

Songbird76

They've got a week until Dallas, so I'm sure they'll be good. Whatever it is seems to be a 24-48 hour thing. I'm sorry you guys are ill. The zoo part raises an interesting question. Not that she'd be right on top of the zoo animals, but we've seen so many stories about animals getting it that I have to wonder if there's a zoonotic link. I'm hoping you guys are better soon and everything is mild.
That's interesting that you mention the animals getting it. A guy in my choir works at the zoo. The zoo was actually my birthday present from back in December. I had asked already in like October to go to the zoo for my birthday. But on my birthday, the kids had school, so we couldn't go on that day, and that weekend, E had so much homework that she couldn't take time to go to the zoo. We decided to go in the Christmas break, but then a week before Christmas break, we went into lockdown and the zoo closed. Now that it opened again, we decided to go in the vacation...but then E got the sore throat, so we couldn't go in that first weekend, because she was in quarantine in case it was covid. But before she got the sore throat, I asked the guy in my choir about the regulations for corona, because it looked like I needed to reserve a specific time for entry, and didn't know if I still needed a QR code....it wasn't required by the government anymore, but venues can still decide to do it on their own.

Anyway, he told me that most of the restrictions were lifted, but you still needed to reserve an entrance time, but no longer needed to book a time for the Bush. For a while, you had to have a specific time to go into the bush with the desert, ocean, etc. And he said it was a mess, because people got mad that they weren't allowed in if they were 5 minutes late to that entrance, and that they didn't have enough employees to enforce things, because they had to keep the different employees separate so they didn't interact. He said the animal care takers couldn't interact with the restaurant workers or ticket takers, and they all had separate break areas and everything, and then after a while the primate care takers had to be separated from the other animal caretakers, because the primates could get covid where some animals apparently couldn't. So they had to isolate the employees from each other so it didn't spread. But I guess some animals can get it and others can't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom