working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I was having allergy symptoms and my mom was asking me why I didn't bump up my allergy medications already. Because it literally snowed a week ago, Mom...

Yes! Quite a few of the trees here started blooming after the few nice days. My husband has been struggling, so he started his meds again. It even bothered me, because I was sneezing a lot when I was walking outside yesterday.

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I did a 30 minute workout on YouTube. It was 20 minutes of HIIT and 10 minutes of abs. The TV suddenly went black for the last 5 minutes and I couldn't get it back on. 👎 I never bring my laptop downstairs when I workout, but for some reason I did today. I just finished the workout on my laptop. My husband bought the TV last month, so if there is an issue, it's covered. I think a circuit blew, because the Apple TV box wouldn't turn on, either.

It's supposed to be in the mid 60s, so I am going on for a stroll later on. My husband put Spencer on last night. I should have turned on closed captioning, because so much of the dialogue is barely above a whisper. I would turn it up to hear it, but then the score would come on--blasting and I had to turn it down. I ended up falling asleep. I might try again later with CC on. I am not at all interested in the royal family, but this movie wasn't a run down of her life. It was like a psychological drama. It focused on Christmas Day in what looked like the early 90s and her interactions (or lack of) with her in laws.

HouCuseChickie

Hello,

I didn't do the walking I was hoping to do this weekend. Friday night, I did a 30 minute step and arm workout. Nothing too crazy, but enough that parts of me were sore. My allergies were so bad on Saturday that I wound up taking the strong allergy meds, which induced a 5 hour nap and a nasty nap hangover. The car pic below shows how bad the pollen is here. It had rained the day before and the pollen had already built up again to this. I did at least move around for some other things.

I had a bunch on my to-do list for the weekend, so that ended up taking priority. I re-caulked three bathroom sinks, re-grouted part of a tile floor, and did a bunch of touch up grout work in a shower that I've been meaning to do for a year. I didn't realize we had the other kind of grout, or I would have touched up the floor seams in the other shower. I am going to try and do that this week. On top of everything else, I took Voo to the vet so I could drop a small fortune on all of her annual stuff. At least I had K there to help handle her, as she was pretty agitated during this visit. There were two elderly dogs there to say good-bye to their families and she started whimpering well before the human grief spilled into the lobby.

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do today. It's raining now, 30-40mph gusts are supposed to begin soon and supposed to get worse as we get into the evening hours. We're at elevated risk of flooding, large hail, severe thunderstorms, high winds, and tornadic activity. Usually that means time on the bike, but one of the pedals is starting to jam and I can't seem to find any way to fix it. I'm thinking about doing some kind of combo involving the climber, the squat machine and kettle bells...maybe it'll also calm my nerves about the potential for storm damage.

1647869461904.png

HouCuseChickie

@HouCuseChickie , I heard that there were tornados in Texas....were there any in your area? Are you safe?

Thanks for checking! We're good, but I was pretty nervous about it all...to the point that I skipped a workout and just did storm prep (and pacing). The meteorologist side of my dad reached out on Sunday (before the local media went crazy), and had me freaking out about the potential for large hail and F2+ tornadoes. The kids and I slept downstairs in the playroom, across from our shelter spot, just to be safe (husband couldn't care less). The storms ended up stalling, so instead of hitting in the middle of the night, they came in right around the start of school. Thankfully, the worst of it for us was just a little bit of street flooding and a small amount of pea sized hail. The system moved through our area much more quickly than they anticipated, so that helped tremendously.

HouCuseChickie

Good morning!

After a storm break on Monday, I got back into working out last night. I was in a music mood, so I just put on my headphones and put together a 30 minute routine with kettle bells, dumbbells and some step moves. I'm sore from it, but it's odd, as it feels more flu-like achy. I feel fine beyond that, so I think it's just how my body is responding to the movement. I also was stuck sleeping on this awful mini sleeper seat the night before, so my body was also likely angry from that.

HouCuseChickie

Just checking in...

Went for a short 2.5 mile walk during my lunch break on Thursday, did some kettle bell work Thursday and Friday, a 3.35 mile walk on Saturday followed by three sets of an arm routine with the 8lb dumbbells, and a 3.85 mile walk yesterday. Hoping to get in some kettle bells today. While I'm sure some of it is my body just getting back into things, I've been getting a lot of foot and leg pain from walking. It's been about 2 years since I've gotten any new shoes for walking or running, so I have something new arriving tomorrow. I opted for a trail runner since we've got a state park in our plans over Easter weekend and I'd like something with a bit more grab.

Have a great week!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just checking in...

Went for a short 2.5 mile walk during my lunch break on Thursday, did some kettle bell work Thursday and Friday, a 3.35 mile walk on Saturday followed by three sets of an arm routine with the 8lb dumbbells, and a 3.85 mile walk yesterday. Hoping to get in some kettle bells today. While I'm sure some of it is my body just getting back into things, I've been getting a lot of foot and leg pain from walking. It's been about 2 years since I've gotten any new shoes for walking or running, so I have something new arriving tomorrow. I opted for a trail runner since we've got a state park in our plans over Easter weekend and I'd like something with a bit more grab.

Have a great week!
I really like my trail runners:inlove::inlove::inlove: They seem to hold up better than most sneakers plus they're extra comfy. Good luck

StarWarsGirl

Just thought I'd pop in. I started PT last week. I need to start doing my knee exercises. I also got a much better brace than the one I initially bought. When I was down South, the Walgreens had no knee braces and I had to go to Walmart. My Walgreens had a huge stock of knee braces. Should have done that ages ago.

I'm trying to eat healthy while recovering so I don't gain weight. Sometimes I'm more successful than others. Like, I can pretty much lay off the desserts, but when my mom says, "You wanna get Chinese?" I can't say no to crab wontons. But I put on a dress yesterday that I haven't worn for three years and it fit with room to spare, so I guess I'm doing well.

I was going to eat avocado toast this morning, but on a whim, I decided to try oatmeal. I love oatmeal cookies, so I thought, hey, why not regular oatmeal? I made it with milk, I added some sugar in the raw, and I added craisins.

Wrong. That stuff is nasty. I ate half of it, picked out the craisins, and threw the rest away. I can't stand the texture it turns out. I'd much rather have oats in any other form besides oatmeal.

HouCuseChickie

Just thought I'd pop in. I started PT last week. I need to start doing my knee exercises. I also got a much better brace than the one I initially bought. When I was down South, the Walgreens had no knee braces and I had to go to Walmart. My Walgreens had a huge stock of knee braces. Should have done that ages ago.

I'm trying to eat healthy while recovering so I don't gain weight. Sometimes I'm more successful than others. Like, I can pretty much lay off the desserts, but when my mom says, "You wanna get Chinese?" I can't say no to crab wontons. But I put on a dress yesterday that I haven't worn for three years and it fit with room to spare, so I guess I'm doing well.

I was going to eat avocado toast this morning, but on a whim, I decided to try oatmeal. I love oatmeal cookies, so I thought, hey, why not regular oatmeal? I made it with milk, I added some sugar in the raw, and I added craisins.

Wrong. That stuff is nasty. I ate half of it, picked out the craisins, and threw the rest away. I can't stand the texture it turns out. I'd much rather have oats in any other form besides oatmeal.

Glad you were able to get a better brace and fabulous news on the dress! Sounds like your healthy eating is helping. It's funny...I like oatmeal, but it's got to be just like my grandmother used to make it or I'm not a fan. She always made a savory version in a pot on the stove...milk, butter, and salt. I guess in the future, you'll be eating your oats in cookie form :D

HouCuseChickie

Yesterday's kettle bell workout was semi-successful. Rather than do it all at once, I approached it as sets throughout the workday. So, sort of a series of rapid bursts of energy over the course of several hours. It ended up working out to 45-50 minutes of kettle bell work. My leg was the issue. Squats were one of the exercises that were off limits during recovery. One of my favorite kettle bell moves involves a deep squat and after four or five sets, that deep squat aggravated the scar. The squat isn't really to blame. I had stopped treating the scar with Aquaphor, which caused the skin to dry out and crack under the pressure of a squat. It's just messy having ointment on it, especially since I'm past bandaging. We're hitting that point in weather where it's warm enough most days to comfortably be in shorts (low 90s today, but mid 70s to 80s rest of the week), so everything from pollen to dog fur can get in the ointment on an exposed leg. On the flipside, if we've got a cooler morning and I'm in pants, the ointment sticks to the pants. Still, messy ointment is better than a ruptured scar.

The trail runners I ordered yesterday are out for delivery (gold star to Zappos and their next day delivery!), but I will probably stick to the gym today and do sets on the mountain climber.

HouCuseChickie

Good morning and happy Monday. Just wanted to share that the trail runners seem to be just what my feet needed. I wore them around at softball last weekend (which usually involves a lot of walking and uneven surfaces). They were pretty comfy. Today, I'm going to try them out on the local green belts. Over the weekend, I tested them as hiking shoes and was really happy with how they cushioned my feet over rocks. We drove out to Lubbock on Friday (about a 570 mile drive) and on Saturday, drove up to Caprock Canyons State Park (another 100 miles). It was just a day visit and I was the only one who came prepared with proper footwear, but we managed to hike a little. It was a good little nudge to make me want to get out there some more, even if it's just local scenery.

I haven't uploaded pictures yet, but here are a few videos. It's amazing how this little part of the Texas panhandle looks a lot like Arizona. We also came across a small prairie dog town and had several encounters with the official bison herd of Texas. We probably would have appreciated this all a bit more had we been able to travel over February break, but it was still nice to get away for a couple of days and work on getting fit out in nature.

StarWarsGirl

Hey all,

Thought I'd check in. PT on my knee is going really well. I've been going for four weeks, and my therapist estimates that I'll need another four weeks.

A new gym opened about 10-15 minutes away from me. It has a pool, which is much smaller than my current gym's pool, and it doesn't have the therapy pool that they have, but it does have a hot tub and therapy area. Apparently you can do a 14 day trial, and I'm seriously thinking about it because they're both closer to home and cheaper than my current gym. I would want to check it out first to make sure they're comparable to my current gym, though. But they look really, really nice. It's probably time to start going back to the gym at this point, at least to do some upper body work.

HouCuseChickie

Hey all,

Thought I'd check in. PT on my knee is going really well. I've been going for four weeks, and my therapist estimates that I'll need another four weeks.

A new gym opened about 10-15 minutes away from me. It has a pool, which is much smaller than my current gym's pool, and it doesn't have the therapy pool that they have, but it does have a hot tub and therapy area. Apparently you can do a 14 day trial, and I'm seriously thinking about it because they're both closer to home and cheaper than my current gym. I would want to check it out first to make sure they're comparable to my current gym, though. But they look really, really nice. It's probably time to start going back to the gym at this point, at least to do some upper body work.

That's great that PT has been going so well. I hope this gym is a good fit. I'm all for closer and cheaper!

HouCuseChickie

Do most gyms there have pools? I've never seen one over here that has a pool. It's just a weight room with some treadmills or elliptical.

We’ve been shopping for a gym and I’d say about 50% here have pools. The one we decided to go with does not. Unless it’s a smaller gym focused on a specific thing/concept, I’d expect enough cardio equipment to handle the after work rush, circuit training, class spaces, free weights, and more individualized stuff like yoga balls, trx, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom