working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

I've been doing 30 minutes of yoga/day and then walking. We a nice trip. My phone slipped out of my purse in a post-dinner Uber ride. I was so relieved when I called my phone and it was the driver. I thought it was gone. He did a few short trips and then we did a quick hand off in front of our hotel. I did compensate him as a thank you and for his troubles.

We're supposed to go to WDW the first week of September, but my husband booked a week at the hotel we stayed at in Virginia Beach last year as a hedge. He is worried about covid rates in FL. He is also worried about bringing covid back to our son. (He is staying home as a protest against "what Disney has done to Star Wars." :rolleyes:) I'm not trying to be a selfish heifer here, but he has chosen (incorrectly, IMO) not to get vaccinated and I need to act like I am not vaccinated? HE can stay in his bedroom for 10 days or whatever it is when we return. So ridiculous. If he couldn't get vaccinated, I wouldn't even think of going. But he can and I refuse to let his ignorance and recalcitrance dictate where I vacation. Don't get me wrong, I love where we stayed in VA last year and I had a wonderful time, but I have had my mind wrapped around going to WDW.

I'm supposed to go out for breakfast this AM, but my husband is still asleep--so who knows?! I might just grab something at Starbucks. I love their sous vide egg bites. lol

That's great about getting your phone back.

After reading this, I really want you to go to WDW. Obviously, I don't want your son to get sick, but like you said...he has a choice. For lack of a better way of saying it, you shouldn't be punished for his choice. I understand your husband's concerns over rising rates, but I have to wonder if this is just going to be life with Covid from here on out. Like there will always be some concern. I look at vaccination rates in some of the states we're about to visit along with local rates, and it worries me as well. I think we all have our own risk tolerances with this and breaking points on how long we can go without getting out for some fun.

HouCuseChickie

Well, it's almost time to hit the road and see things we've never seen before...well, for the most part. My bear spray and air horn arrived yesterday, I got my vehicle serviced earlier this week, I made a tweak to one of our lodging choices at the advice of my boss, and have been better familiarizing myself with the vehicle's features. So, hopefully we won't get attacked by a bear, have the car die in the desert, get caught in a flash flood zone, and/or have the vehicle drive us off a cliff. We'll be driving a lot, but hopefully there will still be plenty of time to get out and get in some hiking exercise.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I got in a workout of a different type yesterday and got in all my steps. Yesterday I woke up to my refrigerator being warm. The first thing we had to do was empty the freezer and let it defrost(thank goodness that didn't take long). the fix was quick but then I scrubbed that side down and retrieved everything from the big freezer that needed to be in my kitchen. Then cam the fun(NOT) part I have to empty the fridge side, pull the shelves and drawers and scrub them down and refill from the other fridge. Of course ds had a telehealth in the middle of it:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Had to pull meals out of the big fridge to feed everybody. Lots of goddess, squats and I can
t even count how much lifting I did. Today I am spending most of my day cooking so other than bedtime yoga, who knows:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Songbird76

I got in a workout of a different type yesterday and got in all my steps. Yesterday I woke up to my refrigerator being warm. The first thing we had to do was empty the freezer and let it defrost(thank goodness that didn't take long). the fix was quick but then I scrubbed that side down and retrieved everything from the big freezer that needed to be in my kitchen. Then cam the fun(NOT) part I have to empty the fridge side, pull the shelves and drawers and scrub them down and refill from the other fridge. Of course ds had a telehealth in the middle of it:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Had to pull meals out of the big fridge to feed everybody. Lots of goddess, squats and I can
t even count how much lifting I did. Today I am spending most of my day cooking so other than bedtime yoga, who knows:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sounds like a workout plus lots of stress....maybe take a rest day.

Sans Souci

That's great about getting your phone back.

After reading this, I really want you to go to WDW. Obviously, I don't want your son to get sick, but like you said...he has a choice. For lack of a better way of saying it, you shouldn't be punished for his choice. I understand your husband's concerns over rising rates, but I have to wonder if this is just going to be life with Covid from here on out. Like there will always be some concern. I look at vaccination rates in some of the states we're about to visit along with local rates, and it worries me as well. I think we all have our own risk tolerances with this and breaking points on how long we can go without getting out for some fun.

This is what I am thinking. That we're just going to have to get used to this and this is how it will be. I am thinking if we mask up indoors while at WDW and try to keep our distance from others, we minimize some of the risk. We're vaccinated, so right there takes away a large portion of the risk. (Although the news from Israel about Pfizer's effectiveness is a bit of a downer.) But I'll keep an eye on Orange County as our vacation approaches. (Honestly, it's my husband who gets very concerned, not myself.) We'll probably lose our Boo Bash money, but I can't do anything about that. But this is a big "if."

I just want to point out for people reading that my son turns 20 in October, it's not like I'm leaving a 14-15 year old home alone for a week! :p

Sans Souci

Well, it's almost time to hit the road and see things we've never seen before...well, for the most part. My bear spray and air horn arrived yesterday, I got my vehicle serviced earlier this week, I made a tweak to one of our lodging choices at the advice of my boss, and have been better familiarizing myself with the vehicle's features. So, hopefully we won't get attacked by a bear, have the car die in the desert, get caught in a flash flood zone, and/or have the vehicle drive us off a cliff. We'll be driving a lot, but hopefully there will still be plenty of time to get out and get in some hiking exercise.

Safe travels! I think your chances of meeting a bear are low, but I'd be bringing bear spray, air horn and whatever else I felt I needed to feel safe from a bear attack, too. Bring back some photos for us!

Sans Souci

Is your fridge ok now? We had fridge drama last month, too. Hope you took the day off after that. It's such tedious work.

Sans Souci

Good afternoon-

I am in with 30 min of yoga and an early AM walk. I never went for a walk yesterday. By the time we returned from going out for breakfast and errands, I wasn't feeling it. I prefer to walk in the morning. I can walk when it's really hot, but then I always find I'm struggling to rehydrate myself. It feels like it's hard to get those hydration levels back once you've dipped too far down in the reserves.

In the afternoon, my husband said he wanted ice cream, but he wanted ice cream from a parlor, not the store. We found this really good mom and pop place with all homemade ice cream about 5 miles away. I am not a big ice cream person, but I felt like I could go for some. I'd never been there, so I was unfamiliar with portion sizes. OMG--when the man served me my cone--I have never eaten so much ice cream in one go. It was so good (coconut cream ice cream in a waffle cone) and it hit the spot. But I did feel guilty and my husband told me to put into it perspective. I rarely eat ice cream and I eat pretty healthy most of the time. It was just so much more than I was expecting. I likely won't be going back anytime soon, because the itch has been scratched, but it's nice to know that a little family-run place with great ice cream is nearby.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is your fridge ok now? We had fridge drama last month, too. Hope you took the day off after that. It's such tedious work.
Thank you . It's fine now but I spent all day cooking as I tossed pretty much everything just in case and today I went shopping. Tomorrow I'll take it easyish

Songbird76

This is what I am thinking. That we're just going to have to get used to this and this is how it will be. I am thinking if we mask up indoors while at WDW and try to keep our distance from others, we minimize some of the risk. We're vaccinated, so right there takes away a large portion of the risk. (Although the news from Israel about Pfizer's effectiveness is a bit of a downer.) But I'll keep an eye on Orange County as our vacation approaches. (Honestly, it's my husband who gets very concerned, not myself.) We'll probably lose our Boo Bash money, but I can't do anything about that. But this is a big "if."

I just want to point out for people reading that my son turns 20 in October, it's not like I'm leaving a 14-15 year old home alone for a week! :p
I hadn't heard about Pfizer's efficacy being reduced, but still, I think it's good....64% is still better than nothing. My kids both got their first shot today! E's arm is SORE and she can barely move it. A's is a bit sore, but he still has full range of motion, and since he's the one who is supersensitive, that says something. His isn't nearly as bad. We're going to have a movie day at home tomorrow so E doesn't have to move her arm. So glad she has summer vacation now!

Sans Souci

I hadn't heard about Pfizer's efficacy being reduced, but still, I think it's good....64% is still better than nothing. My kids both got their first shot today! E's arm is SORE and she can barely move it. A's is a bit sore, but he still has full range of motion, and since he's the one who is supersensitive, that says something. His isn't nearly as bad. We're going to have a movie day at home tomorrow so E doesn't have to move her arm. So glad she has summer vacation now!

That's great your kids got their first shots! Pretty soon, you'll all be able to breathe a sigh of relief. My arm never hurt me, either time. Actually I get more arm pain from my annual flu shot. But my gosh, the second shot kicked my butt in a way I was not expecting.

What movies did you end up watching today?

Sans Souci

Hello-

I went for a really pleasant walk this morning. It was much cooler and not quite as humid. I haven't done my yoga yet. I am doing a program called "30 for 30" and today's class looks like it would be best to do before bed. It looks like a relaxed class.

Is it me or is $40 expensive for pj's from Old Navy? It is a tank top/shorts set, not long pajamas. Actually it is $38 before shipping and taxes. If it was a proper department store, I probably wouldn't think it was so odd--but, it's Old Navy. They're kind of on the border of "fast fashion" for me.

StarWarsGirl

Oh Lord, I remember being that age, like six years ago. There's a lot of growing up that happens between 20 and 26. At that age it's like, "I'm not doing it and you can't make me." Whereas some of the time now I'm like, "Please tell me what to do; I know absolutely nothing." 😂

I'm in the percentage of people who isn't vaccinated (I'm not an anti vaxer; I had an anaphylactic reaction to a vaccine when I was 18 and I'd have to get the shot at a hospital, which is next to impossible oddly enough). My parents just wear their masks everywhere, as do I. The bonus is that they also reduce their chances of getting covid even though they've been vaccinated. We've been to WDW four times since the pandemic started without issue.

StarWarsGirl

Looking for my will to do my workout like...
b6ad6f5f45c4eece961724a91decca16.gif

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I went for a really pleasant walk this morning. It was much cooler and not quite as humid. I haven't done my yoga yet. I am doing a program called "30 for 30" and today's class looks like it would be best to do before bed. It looks like a relaxed class.

Is it me or is $40 expensive for pj's from Old Navy? It is a tank top/shorts set, not long pajamas. Actually it is $38 before shipping and taxes. If it was a proper department store, I probably wouldn't think it was so odd--but, it's Old Navy. They're kind of on the border of "fast fashion" for me.
That sound high from ON. My last set of jammies cost me 7 or 8 dollars in material so I may not have kept up

Songbird76

That's great your kids got their first shots! Pretty soon, you'll all be able to breathe a sigh of relief. My arm never hurt me, either time. Actually I get more arm pain from my annual flu shot. But my gosh, the second shot kicked my butt in a way I was not expecting.

What movies did you end up watching today?
E felt pretty miserable yesterday. We did absolutely nothing but sit on the couch and watch netflix. We watched the first three Twilight movies, Pride and Prejudice, and some Big Bang Theory. I watched the first episode of Season 4 Atypical while she fell asleep. That was our day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom