working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Being a morning person has it's advantages. I got my steps and some stretching in, had some coffee, traced a pattern, have the chili for later going and got the boys to get the garbage out to collection:joyfull: The last one isn't always easy:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Yesterday's muslin update: What I did worked but I can't make a couple of finished ones until the right width elastic shows up this weekend:banghead::banghead::banghead: It seems I have every size elastic from 1/8" up to 1" but no 2 inch:hilarious: I was going to order some but the great elastic shortage of 2020 prevented that and it slipped my mind until I needed it:facepalm: It should be nice enough for a walk later today, just hope I don't get too busy

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Hoping those who celebrate had a Happy Easter.

I was hoping to get back into a workout routine with this long weekend, but I had a stronger than expected reaction to my second Covid shot. I went on Friday morning, and while this time, my entire arm was really sore on day 1, I was feeling pretty good at first. I woke up in the middle of the night all achy and chilled. When I finally got the energy to find the thermometer, I had a temp of 102.7. By mid morning, I was back to normal, just to have it happen again late afternoon. I think I was up to 102.3 at that point. By the evening, my fever was something like 103.6 or 103.8 (at least). I was so foggy and the thermometer was still going, but I got tired of holding it in my mouth, so I'm not sure how high my temp really got. I was normal again by 8am the next morning, but by late morning yesterday, it came back and was something like 101.8 at that point. My temp stayed elevated to at least 100.7 or higher until bedtime...when I was back to normal again. I must have run a couple of fevers overnight because I woke up in a sweat twice, like a fever had broken. One time, I was so drenched that I had to change clothes. I also noticed that I have a lovely red swollen patch at the injection site, about 3-4" wide.

Other than that, I am starting to gather supplies for my husband's 50th birthday cake. I still need to decide on a flavor. We're actually having his bday meal before his bday, but it's a biggie, so I guess we can celebrate more than once. Heck, we had a cake at Disney back in February.

Wow, I am sorry you had such an awful reaction. On the upside, it seems like you have a really good immune system.

I read an article the other day that women are saying the vaccines are messing with their menstrual cycles. It's only anecdotal at this point, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.

Sans Souci

I didn't get to go out. It alternated between hail, rain, sleet, snow, and there were bouts every half hour or so. It was unpredictable, and when it was bad it was really bad. So I was stuck inside all day.

Hopefully, your weather will change soon. I think it's so frustrating to see that kind of weather after such a run of beautiful weather.

Sans Souci

Being a morning person has it's advantages. I got my steps and some stretching in, had some coffee, traced a pattern, have the chili for later going and got the boys to get the garbage out to collection:joyfull: The last one isn't always easy:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Yesterday's muslin update: What I did worked but I can't make a couple of finished ones until the right width elastic shows up this weekend:banghead::banghead::banghead: It seems I have every size elastic from 1/8" up to 1" but no 2 inch:hilarious: I was going to order some but the great elastic shortage of 3030 prevented that and it slipped my mind until I needed it:facepalm: It should be nice enough for a walk later today, just hope I don't get too busy

I have to yell at my son to take out the trash. I leave it all in front of the door as a reminder to take it out. He just moves it all to the side and goes outside without putting it in the trash bins.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have to yell at my son to take out the trash. I leave it all in front of the door as a reminder to take it out. He just moves it all to the side and goes outside without putting it in the trash bins.
After Easter dinner I did some cleaning with vinegar and moved gardening stuff into dining room. Ds not sure which one broke a full bottle of balsamic vinegar on the floor and moved the boxes in front of the mess instead of cleaning the mess. Dried balsamic is a pita to steam off wood flooring:mad::mad::mad::mad: Boys:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I'm still doing YouTube workouts. I am beginning to think my injury is a strained muscle, so I am not doing any yoga until it's totally pain-free. I think I tore my left gluteus medius where it attaches to the back of the pelvis. I think when I felt the "pop", that was when it tore away. So, I'm just doing cardio and body weight workouts and just modifying when something doesn't feel right. I've been going out for longer walks, too, since the weather has been delightful here.

I made another rum cake this AM. I made one for Easter and I tried to get my son to take some with him when he went back to school. He kept declining. Then he texted my husband on Tuesday to ask if there was any more rum cake left. :rolleyes: My husband had demolished it all by that point. So I made another one. This kind of irritated me, but my husband started eating the cake way before we had Easter dinner. I wanted to sit down and have dessert together as a family. It's kind of anti-climactic to bring a cake to the table after dinner and a quarter of it is missing. :cautious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I'm still doing YouTube workouts. I am beginning to think my injury is a strained muscle, so I am not doing any yoga until it's totally pain-free. I think I tore my left gluteus medius where it attaches to the back of the pelvis. I think when I felt the "pop", that was when it tore away. So, I'm just doing cardio and body weight workouts and just modifying when something doesn't feel right. I've been going out for longer walks, too, since the weather has been delightful here.

I made another rum cake this AM. I made one for Easter and I tried to get my son to take some with him when he went back to school. He kept declining. Then he texted my husband on Tuesday to ask if there was any more rum cake left. :rolleyes: My husband had demolished it all by that point. So I made another one. This kind of irritated me, but my husband started eating the cake way before we had Easter dinner. I wanted to sit down and have dessert together as a family. It's kind of anti-climactic to bring a cake to the table after dinner and a quarter of it is missing. :cautious:
Please take it easy until you're 100% again!!!!!!!!!!!!! See your doc if that isn't soon. GWS

Sans Souci

After Easter dinner I did some cleaning with vinegar and moved gardening stuff into dining room. Ds not sure which one broke a full bottle of balsamic vinegar on the floor and moved the boxes in front of the mess instead of cleaning the mess. Dried balsamic is a pita to steam off wood flooring:mad::mad::mad::mad: Boys:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Not to mention how it's probably corrosive on a wooden floor. :mad:

Sans Souci

There doesn't seem to be any damage:joyfull: except to the amount of free time both boys now have:D
Phew.
My son lives on campus Sun-Wed, because there is nothing happening on campus. My house is so clean Monday until Wednesday night. Then it's just cluttered and it looks like a plague of locusts went through my fridge and pantry. I am hoping when he returns in the fall, he will come home maybe 1-2x a month. I know that sounds awful, but he really needs to get out of his comfort zone and meet people (and I can enjoy a clean house for more than 2 days).

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Phew.
My son lives on campus Sun-Wed, because there is nothing happening on campus. My house is so clean Monday until Wednesday night. Then it's just cluttered and it looks like a plague of locusts went through my fridge and pantry. I am hoping when he returns in the fall, he will come home maybe 1-2x a month. I know that sounds awful, but he really needs to get out of his comfort zone and meet people (and I can enjoy a clean house for more than 2 days).
I get that having both home 24/7 for the past year:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I did get 4 pairs of shorts made today:joyfull: I think they're both still in hiding for fear of getting another chore list:angelic:

Last edited:

Songbird76

Hopefully, your weather will change soon. I think it's so frustrating to see that kind of weather after such a run of beautiful weather.
It's supposed to be dry tomorrow, so I should be able to get out tomorrow, even though it will be cold. Then it's supposed to storm again on the weekend. We're way below average temps for the time of year right now. They did a segment on the historical weather patterns, and apparently there have only been like 5 times this century that there has been snow in April, and that only isolated cases, like in one or two towns, not across the whole country. So it's a pretty big deal that we got accumulation this week.

Songbird76

Hello-

I threaten mine with death or loss of limb if they touch the dessert before its intended serving time. That would make me pretty angry.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did some YouTube videos this AM. I'm currently (trying) to pack for a quick trip down to DC. Luckily, the weather is decent, since we are going to be outside most of the time. I'm packing a chunky sweater and jeans for tonight's meal. It's outdoor dining and it's supposed to be 63. I've never eaten outside at "low" temps. I'm sure there are patio heaters, too. Tomorrow is supposed to be 75, so I am not worried about that.

I was able to book an appointment for my first shot for the 24th. It's in Atlantic City. It's not the closest, but I've never been. We're going to see if we can have lunch outdoors somewhere afterwards and go on the Boardwalk. My son's school is currently administering the J&J to students, but he is so adamant about not getting a vaccine. He's really close to my grandmother in Illinois and she is in a nursing home. I told him he probably won't be able to see her unless he is vaccinated. So, that seemed to have gotten him reconsidering. I hope so. 🤞

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I did some YouTube videos this AM. I'm currently (trying) to pack for a quick trip down to DC. Luckily, the weather is decent, since we are going to be outside most of the time. I'm packing a chunky sweater and jeans for tonight's meal. It's outdoor dining and it's supposed to be 63. I've never eaten outside at "low" temps. I'm sure there are patio heaters, too. Tomorrow is supposed to be 75, so I am not worried about that.

I was able to book an appointment for my first shot for the 24th. It's in Atlantic City. It's not the closest, but I've never been. We're going to see if we can have lunch outdoors somewhere afterwards and go on the Boardwalk. My son's school is currently administering the J&J to students, but he is so adamant about not getting a vaccine. He's really close to my grandmother in Illinois and she is in a nursing home. I told him he probably won't be able to see her unless he is vaccinated. So, that seemed to have gotten him reconsidering. I hope so. 🤞
AC is quite a hike. Hopefully you can get something closer before then

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom