working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

I have an unhealthy addiction to So Delicious French vanilla coconut creamer. I won't use anything else in my coffee anymore. Apparently other people feel the same way, oftentimes when I go to buy more, it's out. I never thought of making a cocktail with it, though. That sounds like a delicious drink.

I like the So Delicious as well. I think Coffeemate now makes a coconut milk creamer, but it is so sickeningly sweet and artificial tasting for my preferences. I don't drink coffee, so it wasn't until I was looking at dairy free egg nog (in with the creamers) that I discovered all of this. LIFE CHANGING! :hilarious: I ran out of tropical fruit juice one night, mixed it in with some OJ and vodka, and it was like a spiked Creamsicle.

HouCuseChickie

I woke up for my morning workout, as usual. It was nothing exciting, but I felt decent during it and had a lot of energy. Maybe it's also because I realized, just before hitting the bike, that I forgot to move the stupid Elf on a Shelf. We received this darn thing in summer of 2018, so it's not like it's some long-standing family tradition. My kids are a bit older and know about Santa and such, but they enjoy this. So, I torture myself and try to make it fun. After moving Ollie and leaving his mess from the previous day behind, I hit the gym. I thought about putting in my 4 miles rest week long run today, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning after our cool front goes through.

I also tried something a little bit different today. I know I've mentioned hummus before, but I've always worked with canned organic garbanzo beans. This time, I cooked dried beans in the InstaPot. I cooked the heck out of them! This also allowed me to season them for a first time in the cooking process. Holy cow...the end result was the creamiest hummus I've ever made! And there are still enough beans for at least two more batches...for a fraction of the price of the canned beans. WIN!

Sans Souci

I woke up for my morning workout, as usual. It was nothing exciting, but I felt decent during it and had a lot of energy. Maybe it's also because I realized, just before hitting the bike, that I forgot to move the stupid Elf on a Shelf. We received this darn thing in summer of 2018, so it's not like it's some long-standing family tradition. My kids are a bit older and know about Santa and such, but they enjoy this. So, I torture myself and try to make it fun. After moving Ollie and leaving his mess from the previous day behind, I hit the gym. I thought about putting in my 4 miles rest week long run today, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning after our cool front goes through.

I also tried something a little bit different today. I know I've mentioned hummus before, but I've always worked with canned organic garbanzo beans. This time, I cooked dried beans in the InstaPot. I cooked the heck out of them! This also allowed me to season them for a first time in the cooking process. Holy cow...the end result was the creamiest hummus I've ever made! And there are still enough beans for at least two more batches...for a fraction of the price of the canned beans. WIN!

That's so cute your girls love Elf on Shelf. It's nice they still have that tradition to look forward to, it keeps the magic going after they find out about Santa.

You've convinced me to make homemade hummus again. How long did you the garbanzo beans? Speaking of hummus, the Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer showed up at my house yesterday. One of the items featured was chocolate hummus. It had all the traditional hummus ingredients, too. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe it tastes like halvah? That wouldn't be so bad, but I think this is a hard pass for me.

Sans Souci

Good morning 🌞

So, I have completely made up my mind to stop the program I was doing. It was longer fun and I began to dread the work outs. So, I did a jump rope/kick box workout instead. I have a "rope-less" jump rope, because the ceiling where I workout is too low, also because I'd trip over myself. :hilarious: It is two handles with a bit of cord with weights at the end, so it feels like you're using a real jump rope.

I'm in this food funk, where nothing appeals to me or even tastes that great. I'm still a little congested and coughing from that virus I had, so I think maybe that's still messing with my sense of taste. It's a problem, because I don't know what to cook, because everything looks "meh." Maybe it's a blessing in disguise going into the holiday season. Some years I really go for it. :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning 🌞

So, I have completely made up my mind to stop the program I was doing. It was longer fun and I began to dread the work outs. So, I did a jump rope/kick box workout instead. I have a "rope-less" jump rope, because the ceiling where I workout is too low, also because I'd trip over myself. :hilarious: It is two handles with a bit of cord with weights at the end, so it feels like you're using a real jump rope.

I'm in this food funk, where nothing appeals to me or even tastes that great. I'm still a little congested and coughing from that virus I had, so I think maybe that's still messing with my sense of taste. It's a problem, because I don't know what to cook, because everything looks "meh." Maybe it's a blessing in disguise going into the holiday season. Some years I really go for it. :p

Yah, that dumb cold/virus thing just hangs on. And I know what you meant about a lot of food looking meh, during this time. It will pass. You have a number of weeks before Christmas to get back into baking, or whatever you usually do. You'll make up for it!! :happy:

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I was in a proper yoga mood, so I went to stream a practice and it kept going back to the beginning after 5 minutes into it. I couldn't fast forward to where it had stopped, it would just take me to the beginning again. So, I gave up and I did a different, low key workout. It was OK, I just would have preferred some yoga today.

I'm going for afternoon tea today as an early birthday present from my husband. The restaurant is a pub and it looks absolutely adorable on the website. I am looking forward to tiny sandwiches, scones with lemon curd & clotted cream and some champagne 🍾 . Bring it on! :hilarious:

I'm hoping to get out for a walk today, but it's so cold. I don't know how I got so wimpy about cold weather. I spent most of my life in the Chicagoland area. We had outdoor recess unless it was dangerously cold, I've waited on L platforms with wicked winds coming directly off of Lake Michigan and I would wear shorts to school as soon as it hit 40 in the Spring. Now when it's 50 and I've got my hat and gloves on.

epcotisbest

We had a wonderful weekend and I thought I would share a little of it. Went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for the annual night Christmas Parade. It is a big event with thousands of people in attendance. It is a lot of fun, the weather was great and we did some BBQ eating and ignoring calories and carbs again too (though I am doing that way too much lately). The drive over the mountain and back was nice, and we spotted some elk on a hiking trail too!
Here are probably more pictures than anyone cares to see.

elk.jpgGatlinburg.jpg

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Bundled up and ready for the parade after filling up on BBQ including ribs, pulled pork and brisket along with fried mac and cheese and tater tots. This was at a small mom and pop place just outside Gatlinburg. Oh, and we share the platters and there is plenty enough for the two of us. This place included little Dum Dums to enjoy after the meal. Never saw that before.

bbq.jpgGatlinburg12.jpg

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Stopped at a little BBQ place in a small NC town called Dillsboro on the way home and had another BBQ feast. Hey, why not? This place was especially good and they had nine different specialty BBQ sauces to try and we did try about 6 of them. Our favorites were Japple (jalapeno and apple) Strawberry and Chipotle and Sweet Red (a more traditional tomato ketchup based sauce with brown sugar, molasses, spices, vinegar and mustard). They had three different sauces that were yellow mustard based and we don't really care for them.
Trying all the different sauces was fun. Oh, and we shared a bowl of Brunswick stew too, because again, hey, why not?

Gatlinburg20.jpgGatlinburg21.jpgHaywood Smokehouse Dillsboro.jpg

epcotisbest

OK, last photos. There is a little log cabin in a town north of us that has been sitting empty for about 15-20 years now and I have been trying to buy it ever since the place closed down. This used to be the office and sorta model for a custom log cabin company that milled the logs and sold log cabin kits.
They have signs up all over stating no tresspassing and they won't even talk about selling this little beauty. I bet it has fallen into disrepair, but I can picture it being moved to a little valley view lot we own, pressure washed and restained, maybe a new roof and who knows what it needs on the inside.
This would make an ideal Air bnb rental or maybe offer it up for sale at a ridiculous price as a reitrement property or something for someone wanting to escape the city for their retirement. If thier pockets are deep enough, I might turn it loose, or keep it for ourselves to enjoy in later years who knows? But, can't do any of that if I can't buy it in the first place. Maybe I dream too much but imagine this little cozy cabin sitting on this lot overlooking the valley.
I tell people you can see plumb to Cuba from our little north Georgia piece of property, just a couple of miles from where we live now, but in reality, on a really clear day you can probably only see to Florida or so. OK, again, just kidding, but it is a nice view.

cabin.jpgSmokerise lot4.jpg

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Decided to invite some forum friends over to this little thread who might like to see our little weekend getaway who don't frequent this particular thread often. Was just gonna share it on this thread I frequent then happened to think others might like to see a few of the pics of the Gatlinburg weekend trip.
@Tuvalu @TrolleyFollower91 @Woodywrkr @lostpro9het @imahistorygeek @Tiggerish @Zipitidoda @Longers @Mr Ferret 88 @DisneyGigi @wdisney9000 @Nunu @fractal @coachwnh @sheriffwoody @donaldtoo @Gabe1 @dryerlintfan @BuddyThomas @Tony the Tigger and I am sure there are others that were not intentionally left out, just a few who I thought might like to see some Christmas trip pics of other than WDW. My regular working out thread friends, I hope I did not interrupt this thread too much.
Photos start at thread post #13,988.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

That's so cute your girls love Elf on Shelf. It's nice they still have that tradition to look forward to, it keeps the magic going after they find out about Santa.

You've convinced me to make homemade hummus again. How long did you the garbanzo beans? Speaking of hummus, the Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer showed up at my house yesterday. One of the items featured was chocolate hummus. It had all the traditional hummus ingredients, too. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe it tastes like halvah? That wouldn't be so bad, but I think this is a hard pass for me.

I saw that chocolate hummus in the Fearless Flyer too, and my reaction was just the opposite. I immediately thought, "Hey, I gotta try that!"
The black truffle butter sounds pretty good too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom