working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I wish I could be that way, but my body has been disagreeing lately. I don't seem to have a problem doing it after work, especially if I've had a stressful day. But I'd like to eventually get into the routine of doing it early.

Oh, totally. I wasn't saying you should do that. I know everyone's different. I only started working out early in the morning last year and that was because of my insomnia. :hilarious:

Sans Souci

Most of us sleep in tents. My husband jokes about how our camping situation has changed over the years. We've gone through so many different tents to suit where we are in life...so many different air mattresses to suit the comfort we require as we age...and our camping kitchen set up keeps expanding since he secretly enjoys having more than just hot dogs cooked in the fire. These are all from a couple of years ago (when we actually got to camp), but you can see the tent...

38784384252_6a21bb6f66_z.jpg

27039226329_53019da63d_z.jpg

I forgot that I had all of these photos, but this should paint a better picture of the setting...

Pond
38790510392_a1c9677341_z.jpg

Football
27045280429_cfa3ba9d55_z.jpg

Getting ready for sing-a-long
27039223289_b9cfa88eef_z.jpg

Pinata
38784383412_08d17de4b7_z.jpg

Our Kitchen
27039223429_4a1097dc38_z.jpg

Trimming the tree
30742283734_c72911d4e0_z.jpg

I wasn't kidding about driving through a pasture to reach the place
30742464864_4369bcbaac_z.jpg

Heading to the deer lease portion
27039226389_e3c79b3ee5_z.jpg

I have more, but I've probably already shared too much and I'm sure you get the idea.

Yeah, rings and medals have become the new trophy. I guess they figure most kids get so many and rings take up less space. They are all huge too! This is me modeling one of her others after a big win. It's even too big for an adult!

45608944471_2691849fdd_z.jpg

Yes...only about 25 days left. Magical Express docs arrived this week! Oh, and I don't consider myself a good runner, but I don't know if that's really necessary. I'm very slow and it's often a struggle. Still, there's something very liberating about doing something you were told you can't do and the run community is extremely supportive. I think that's part of what's keeping me going and part of why I chose to make my last training run an actual race....the people. I've accepted my position at the back of the pack, but just keep working on getting better. I'll have to see how I feel about running after I finish training and get back from this trip, but I may set some really challenging goals in the upcoming years. We shall see. A runner whose vlog I follow often says "we were made to do hard things," and I really like the idea behind that...for more than just running.

I was just talking to friend about camping yesterday. I have never been camping, unless you count sleeping in a tent at a birthday sleepover. My husband bought a tent years ago and we never used it. I like hiking, but it seems like camping is a lot of work.

I have a friend who goes hiking/ canoeing in the Boundary Waters for a week. She canoes and portages her canoe for a week! Then she sets up a tent every night and cooks. I get exhausted just thinking about it. She goes every May when the daytime temps are in the mid-50s. I can only imagine what the evening is like. Brrr.

Sans Souci

I went to Wegman's and a bought a plain, white cake. My son won't eat soy products and this cake has some soybean oil in it. That's ok, because my husband is going to put in on a cake stand and hide the lid from him. We tried getting the label off and it won't come off without leaving some paper behind. He is going to know if he sees paper left behind. I opted for the bigger cake and I'll freeze the rest like Minnie said. The smaller cake was *small.* It looked like it could have been a 1st birthday smash cake.

I don't know what to have for dinner. Food still seems so blah to me, everything seems blah, actually. :p I am beginning to think I need a new anti-depressant, but so many of them cause weight gain and the one I take is weight neutral. I don't know...I'll think about it.

Sans Souci

I was about 3.5 miles into my 4 mile lunchtime run when something made me remember that I forgot to reply to this. 🤣

Her current bike is more rugged than fast, which is fine when she goes off trail to avoid pedestrians, but her friends who ride BMXs are faster and a bit more nimble. She's currently got a 2 year old Specialized Hotrocks, similar to the one below...

View attachment 432650

So, he got her this Mongoose in hopes that she can be more of a speed demon!

View attachment 432651

It does say that it allows for 360 degree spins, but as the person who handles the healthcare in this house...I'm kind of hoping she doesn't get too wild with any of this. 😁

That's a nice looking bike. I had a Schwinn Predator Free Style. It was red and what I loved the most about it was the air caps on the tires were dice. I remember that tickling me so much. :hilarious:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good morning. 🌞

Today I did a workout called "Cardio Shred 39X." It used a kettlebell, jump rope and gliding discs. It was ok, but it felt like it was over before it began, which is always a good thing. :p

Today is my birthday and for the first time in six years, I have not made a cake. :eek: I am just not feeling it. My son won't eat artificially colored food and I like to use food coloring when I decorate my cake. I know I could make a plain cake, but where's the fun in that? I am not making a cake for two people to eat. If I had more kids/people visiting, I would make a cake. I just had a bunch of pastries at my afternoon tea and Christmas is coming up and I just want to pace myself. I don't know what I will have instead, but I really don't need one. :hilarious:

Happy Birthday!

Sans Souci

Good morning. 🌅

Today was a workout called "Cardio Kickbox 5." It was an interval style work out with jump rope and weighted kickboxing combos. Not as heart pounding as I would have liked, but I am done for the day. ☺

I am still in a holding pattern with American. I haven't received my video interview link yet. I am OK with that. I am eligible to reapply for United again. My husband suggested I give it another go, that maybe a different interviewer would yield a better result. I don't know. Newark is kind of a hike in the winter. At least with American, I have a chance of being based out of Philly. They both have flight attendant bases in Chicago, so I could stay with my grandma if that is where they based me. I dread living in a crash pad, but I would do it in the short term until I could transfer. :)

I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful Friday. 🌺

epcotisbest

Good morning. 🌞

Today I did a workout called "Cardio Shred 39X." It used a kettlebell, jump rope and gliding discs. It was ok, but it felt like it was over before it began, which is always a good thing. :p

Today is my birthday and for the first time in six years, I have not made a cake. :eek: I am just not feeling it. My son won't eat artificially colored food and I like to use food coloring when I decorate my cake. I know I could make a plain cake, but where's the fun in that? I am not making a cake for two people to eat. If I had more kids/people visiting, I would make a cake. I just had a bunch of pastries at my afternoon tea and Christmas is coming up and I just want to pace myself. I don't know what I will have instead, but I really don't need one. :hilarious:

Happy Birthday just a little late.

57A93AC2-9D0F-4CDB-AF8C-514E092E360F.jpeg

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was a work out called "Low Impact Lower Body 6 X." I liked that it wasn't "jumpy," but still got my heart rate up. It's supposed to be 57 here today, so I'll try to get out for a walk between rain showers.

I got some ingredients for Peppermint Crunch Chocolate cookies. The recipe was on the back of a Ghirardelli chocolate chip bag. I'll probably make other cookies, I just need to ask my Research & Development team what they'd like. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

Today was a work out called "Low Impact Lower Body 6 X." I liked that it wasn't "jumpy," but still got my heart rate up. It's supposed to be 57 here today, so I'll try to get out for a walk between rain showers.

I got some ingredients for Peppermint Crunch Chocolate cookies. The recipe was on the back of a Ghirardelli chocolate chip bag. I'll probably make other cookies, I just need to ask my Research & Development team what they'd like. ;)

Peppermint Crunch Chocolate cookies??!! :hungry:

Sans Souci

Good morning. 🌤

Today I did a workout called Summer Shred 22 X. I wasn't feeling it, but I made it through while giving 85% of my best effort. That still counts, right? It just had a few exercises in it that I don't care for and I hot dogged them. They can't all be winners. :p It's doing something here, but I don't know what, because it's still dark. But I am hoping to get out for a walk if it's not too icy.

Last night, I made homemade Palak Paneer. It was so good. I made the paneer from scratch. I would just tweak the spices a bit and add more water while it cooked. Other than that, it was delicious. I served it with naan and brown rice. I eat the rice, but my husband eats the naan. But, wow, is my house whiffy this morning. It's like someone blew up a bunch of onions and sprinkled garam masala in my house. 😷

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day. :)🌺

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was a lower body workout with my resistance band, my :devilish: kettlebell and my therapy ball. Wow. This one snuck up on me. It looked innocent when I looked at the workout break down, but about a quarter of the way through I kind of regretted choosing this workout. My muscles stopped firing at one point! :hilarious: I hope I can walk tomorrow. It was intense! My legs feel like overcooked spaghetti. I might do this one again later this week. :)

I am hoping to get out for a walk, but it's been raining since about noon yesterday. I'll see what the weather is like later on.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, I checked the status of my application at AA. It changed today to "Not Selected" even though sent me an email telling me to hang tight--that I was going to receive a video interview. 😢 I can't wait until this year is over.

Oh dear. Yet, I'm sure there is a silver lining "somewhere" in all this effort you've put into this over the past year. I hope the silver lining manifests itself to you very soon, and I hope it's even better than getting a job in that field.

Sans Souci

Oh dear. Yet, I'm sure there is a silver lining "somewhere" in all this effort you've put into this over the past year. I hope the silver lining manifests itself to you very soon, and I hope it's even better than getting a job in that field.

Thank you. What is most frustrating for me is I received an email telling me that I was getting a video interview and when I was walked out of my last AA interview, I was told I would go straight to the video interview if I reapplied. I haven't received a rejection email yet, so it might be they've filled their training slots for the first quarter. But I think I might send them an email asking them what happened. I don't know. I'll sleep on it.

StarWarsGirl

Good evening

I skipped the gym yesterday. Not really by choice; our weather was terrible. About an inch of snow with freezing rain later. I went to work late to give the roads a chance to clear in the morning. We have a garage, so I parked there, and then I just headed straivht home afterwards.

I did make it today. Only 30 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow I work from home (and work and the gym are 20 minutes away) so I'll try to get in some strength training at home. I'm hoping to get up early enough to make it to the gym on Thursday or Friday since I can't go after work on either day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom