working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello-

I have some photos of my afternoon tea, if any one wants to see them. We went to a place in Philly called The Dandelion. It was funky in a fun way. It had a few different floors and mezzanines. It was really laid back with eclectic decor and music to match. We'll probably bring my MIL there when she comes over from the UK for my son's HS graduation next year. My husband and I got the Royal tea or something like that. It basically was the works-savory items plus pastries. Our son got a cheeseburger, but also lent a hand in finishing our treats.

Cute Christmas decor...
FE1E1761-B2D2-4811-8A04-8C3EE922C823.jpeg

They had different pieces of cross stitch with rhymes. This was the one closest to me.
53D23DD1-C88F-436B-8808-A6B2F0C92813.jpeg

One of two five dollar Rosé mimosas I enjoyed on this fine Sunday afternoon
B84AD661-AC04-4F88-8EF8-43CEA6A3072C.jpeg

The main event. Not pictured, two massive raisin scones with apricot preserve, clotted cream and lemon curd.
39C21076-7CFA-4BBA-BD18-E6AE599EC7C4.jpeg

A better view of the goodies.
AB8F0473-E57F-4FD8-8590-2D0C6A95471F.jpeg

The cozy room where we enjoyed our afternoon tea.
AA5FB809-C8E8-4B7F-A2D9-82913EA20B37.jpeg

Me with our tower of treats. :)
0E23953C-51BB-4EF0-BB05-3EEC6BFFBB9A.jpeg

epcotisbest

Hello-

I have some photos of my afternoon tea, if any one wants to see them. We went to a place in Philly called The Dandelion. It was funky in a fun way. It had a few different floors and mezzanines. It was really laid back with eclectic decor and music to match. We'll probably bring my MIL there when she comes over from the UK for my son's HS graduation next year. My husband and I got the Royal tea or something like that. It basically was the works-savory items plus pastries. Our son got a cheeseburger, but also lent a hand in finishing our treats.

Cute Christmas decor...
View attachment 431614

They had different pieces of cross stitch with rhymes. This was the one closest to me.
View attachment 431615

One of two five dollar Rosé mimosas I enjoyed on this fine Sunday afternoon
View attachment 431616

The main event. Not pictured, two massive raisin scones with apricot preserve, clotted cream and lemon curd.
View attachment 431617

A better view of the goodies.
View attachment 431618

The cozy room where we enjoyed our afternoon tea.
View attachment 431619

Me with our tower of treats. :)
View attachment 431620

Looks wonderful, delicious and elegant. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Good morning. 🌅

Today I did a workout called "Summer Shred 21X." Wow. It was intense. It had jump rope, kettle bell, gliding discs and weights. It had so (too) many push ups. Boo. :p I needed it after yesterday's pig out! LOL You're supposed to time yourself to see how you improved since the last time you did the workout, but I forgot to start my stopwatch. 🤦‍♀️ It still counts, though. LOL It's mild outside and I'd like to get out for a walk, but it's supposed to rain all day into tomorrow. I might have to put on my Gore Tex jacket and brave it.

The full moon is this week. 12/12 at 12:12 AM. I like to clean my house really well and use the full moon to set my intentions. 🌕

Sans Souci

Good morning. 🌞

Today was a workout called "300 Killer Reps 15." I liked that it was mostly low impact, but it still got my heart rate up. There was one exercise I struggled to do, but I think it's because of my body type rather than a lack of strength. I had to modify that one a bit. It's really mild here again, so I am hoping to get out before the rain then snow hits.

I don't know what it is, but I am not feeling the Christmas spirit yet. I'm usually listening to Christmas music while I'm cooking dinner this time of year, but I haven't yet. I'm usually really excited for it, but I am kind of blah. I hope I start feeling it soon. LOL

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Good morning 🌞

Today I did a proper power yoga class called, "Feel the Joy" for my active recovery day. I haven't done any "real" yoga since the end of September. It was only 30 minutes, but I felt a burn when I held some of the poses. I do miss yoga, but for calorie burning, I get better bang for my buck with 15-20 of high intensity workouts. I'm not in a place where I feel like I can do 60 minutes of yoga, but that can change.

I hope everyone reading this has a great day. :) 🌺

HouCuseChickie

That's so cute your girls love Elf on Shelf. It's nice they still have that tradition to look forward to, it keeps the magic going after they find out about Santa.

You've convinced me to make homemade hummus again. How long did you the garbanzo beans? Speaking of hummus, the Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer showed up at my house yesterday. One of the items featured was chocolate hummus. It had all the traditional hummus ingredients, too. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe it tastes like halvah? That wouldn't be so bad, but I think this is a hard pass for me.

I think I'd probably be better with the elf if this was something we'd been doing from the start. It's also very easy to go to bed and forget about him. It's not quite a ritual at this point, but I've had several 5am starts where I hit the gym and remember that I forgot to move the elf. So, there I am...pedaling and Googling ideas. A coworker offered me a guide to elf ideas, but some of them are pretty elaborate and require more shopping than I'm willing to do. Last night, Ollie made an LED tea light Christmas tree and left a Stitch breaking out of a box under said tree. The star is a magnet clip that's normally on the fridge.

49202433662_3d9f248637_z.jpg

One of our local grocery stores sells chocolate hummus. It tasted a lot like chocolate pudding. If it were set out as a fruit dip at a party, I would never think it was hummus. I would have loved if it tasted like halvah! I've thought about making that, but the recipes all seem to call for multi-day processes and I've just been too busy to seriously tackle anything like that.

47940618488_566ae97853_z.jpg

As for my hummus, it's sort of a trial and error thing. I cooked the beans for 45 minutes in the InstaPot. There was still a lot of liquid left at the end of the cycle, so I ran it for another 45 minutes. I think being able to cook them longer and season them in the cooking process made a world of difference.

HouCuseChickie

I feel like it's been ages since I've checked in. Things have been so ridiculously busy. This past weekend, the younger one had a 3-day tournament and in the middle of all of it, we made it out to our annual Christmas Campout. It's too bad we could only go for a few hours, as this would have been an ideal year to camp...mild during the day and just chilly enough at night to make the campfire pleasant, without being an all out warmth necessity.

49186541457_644e67a0de_z.jpg

It's one of our favorite holiday traditions. It's been going on for close to 45 years! My MIL's former boss/old friend, has several acres of land out in a rural area northwest of Houston. You actually have to drive through another farm's pasture to get to the spot (spotting black cattle at night is tough). The place is heavily wooded, has a stocked bass pond, serves as a deer lease, and is also a bluebird sanctuary...not that I've ever seen them. At night, you can hear the cows, coyotes, and owls. We're also far enough way from the city that you get a nice view of the stars in the breaks in the tree cover. So, what is it??? Friday night, you set up camp and then everyone sits around the fire, guitars strumming, drinks being consumed, and you catch up on everyone's lives. Saturday day, you wake up to all kinds of breakfasts sizzling through the various campsites, more catching up, collecting of wood to build the fire to a much larger size, stringing of popcorn and cranberries to decorate a tree, and stuffing of the pinata. Saturday night, after everyone has eaten and gotten their fill of s'mores, we gather around the fire for a couple of hours of singing Christmas songs. Then we break off into age groups to prepare skits. Skits usually go on for a good hour after that. Then it's lots of drinking, casual singing, and catching up until at least 3 or 4 in the morning. After breakfast on Sunday, we play a football game in a clearing, have a pinata for the kids, decorate a tree with our cranberries and popcorn (a memorial for a friend we lost to bone cancer several years ago), sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas (holding hands in a circle around the decorated tree), and then say our good-byes. Some years, there are around 50 people in attendance...some years, we top out just over 70. This year, I think they hit upper 50s.

We hated missing so much of campout, but my younger one's team won their tournament. So, all was still good!

49190051403_7d8f864b91_z.jpg

We still have yet to do any indoor decorating. I'm hoping there will be time this weekend, but we also have to head out to Austin to get things from my FIL's home. I also need to figure some gift stuff out with my older one. I normally cover all of the gifts, but my husband decided to treat the younger one with a new BMX bike. She has a really nice bike...both kids have really nice bikes from a bike shop...but the younger one rides harder and wants something more speedy vs a mountain bike. So, he came home yesterday with a new bike. I now have to revisit the gift math and see how much I need to do for the older one to make up for this. OY!

Other than that, I'm keeping up with workouts and runs. I'm good with the gym workouts...even added the squat machine back in to regular rotation, but the run burnout is starting to get to me. I'm in this "have to vs. want to" place with it. So, I'm trying to find positive ways to tackle this while attempting to stay on track. It's going to mess with my taper a little, but I recently learned that my town has an annual marathon and half marathon that's run on New Year's day, and I think that's the best way to approach my final long run of this training. I'm nervous, but I think it's a good nervous and I think my fears are just silly mental things that we all sometimes do to ourselves when we take on a challenge or change things up. The reality...I was going to have to run 14 miles, so whether it's 14 out by myself or 13.1 + a mile warm up...it's still 14 miles. In fact, it would be a good test for Disney. I will be up late the night before, probably won't make the best nutrition choices, and will likely have a couple of drinks...just like Disney. Unlike other races...even the one in my town back in September...this will be on the green belts. Sure, it won't be the sections I normally run, but I'm going to test it some for my run on Friday and can easily do other test runs in this area between now and then and it's the same kind of surface and setting where I've been doing all of my training...because it's all connected. Oh...and family...I'll have family in town, so I'll have people to cheer me on for my last big training run of this cycle. I'm a little worried about doing my long run 3-4 days after when the plan says I should, but I already have a plan to adjust my taper. I'm also not running Disney for time, so there's that as well. End venting :D

StarWarsGirl

I finally made it to the gym again!

They changed my thyroid meds again. Before, I felt horrible and had no energy to exercise. I also gained ten pounds, another sign that the meds were off.

They changed them around. They basically put me on something more potent. Oh my gosh. It's life changing.

I made it in yesterday for the first time in weeks. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, ten on the rowing machine, and then I stretched and used hydromassage.

Today I went during my lunch break I was frustrated over something at work and needed to get it out of my system. I did strength training so I wouldn't sweat as much. Then I went back to work. Joys of working around the corner from the gym.

I have to go before work or not at all tomorrow, so we shall see if I wake up on time. Mornings are interesting because I now can't function until after I take my meds.

Sans Souci

I think I'd probably be better with the elf if this was something we'd been doing from the start. It's also very easy to go to bed and forget about him. It's not quite a ritual at this point, but I've had several 5am starts where I hit the gym and remember that I forgot to move the elf. So, there I am...pedaling and Googling ideas. A coworker offered me a guide to elf ideas, but some of them are pretty elaborate and require more shopping than I'm willing to do. Last night, Ollie made an LED tea light Christmas tree and left a Stitch breaking out of a box under said tree. The star is a magnet clip that's normally on the fridge.

49202433662_3d9f248637_z.jpg

One of our local grocery stores sells chocolate hummus. It tasted a lot like chocolate pudding. If it were set out as a fruit dip at a party, I would never think it was hummus. I would have loved if it tasted like halvah! I've thought about making that, but the recipes all seem to call for multi-day processes and I've just been too busy to seriously tackle anything like that.

47940618488_566ae97853_z.jpg

As for my hummus, it's sort of a trial and error thing. I cooked the beans for 45 minutes in the InstaPot. There was still a lot of liquid left at the end of the cycle, so I ran it for another 45 minutes. I think being able to cook them longer and season them in the cooking process made a world of difference.

OK, I might have to try the chocolate hummus, since the label says to pair it with pretzels and you say it tastes like chocolate pudding.

I am going to try cooking chickpeas in my Instant Pot. On Christmas Eve, we usually just do a casual thing...dips, appetizers, pizza, so I will do this for Christmas Eve. I have a recipe from the NYT by Mark Bittman that's been my tried and true. It uses canned chickpeas, but I think I'll just sub in IP chickpeas for that.

Sans Souci

I feel like it's been ages since I've checked in. Things have been so ridiculously busy. This past weekend, the younger one had a 3-day tournament and in the middle of all of it, we made it out to our annual Christmas Campout. It's too bad we could only go for a few hours, as this would have been an ideal year to camp...mild during the day and just chilly enough at night to make the campfire pleasant, without being an all out warmth necessity.

49186541457_644e67a0de_z.jpg

It's one of our favorite holiday traditions. It's been going on for close to 45 years! My MIL's former boss/old friend, has several acres of land out in a rural area northwest of Houston. You actually have to drive through another farm's pasture to get to the spot (spotting black cattle at night is tough). The place is heavily wooded, has a stocked bass pond, serves as a deer lease, and is also a bluebird sanctuary...not that I've ever seen them. At night, you can hear the cows, coyotes, and owls. We're also far enough way from the city that you get a nice view of the stars in the breaks in the tree cover. So, what is it??? Friday night, you set up camp and then everyone sits around the fire, guitars strumming, drinks being consumed, and you catch up on everyone's lives. Saturday day, you wake up to all kinds of breakfasts sizzling through the various campsites, more catching up, collecting of wood to build the fire to a much larger size, stringing of popcorn and cranberries to decorate a tree, and stuffing of the pinata. Saturday night, after everyone has eaten and gotten their fill of s'mores, we gather around the fire for a couple of hours of singing Christmas songs. Then we break off into age groups to prepare skits. Skits usually go on for a good hour after that. Then it's lots of drinking, casual singing, and catching up until at least 3 or 4 in the morning. After breakfast on Sunday, we play a football game in a clearing, have a pinata for the kids, decorate a tree with our cranberries and popcorn (a memorial for a friend we lost to bone cancer several years ago), sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas (holding hands in a circle around the decorated tree), and then say our good-byes. Some years, there are around 50 people in attendance...some years, we top out just over 70. This year, I think they hit upper 50s.

We hated missing so much of campout, but my younger one's team won their tournament. So, all was still good!

49190051403_7d8f864b91_z.jpg

We still have yet to do any indoor decorating. I'm hoping there will be time this weekend, but we also have to head out to Austin to get things from my FIL's home. I also need to figure some gift stuff out with my older one. I normally cover all of the gifts, but my husband decided to treat the younger one with a new BMX bike. She has a really nice bike...both kids have really nice bikes from a bike shop...but the younger one rides harder and wants something more speedy vs a mountain bike. So, he came home yesterday with a new bike. I now have to revisit the gift math and see how much I need to do for the older one to make up for this. OY!

Other than that, I'm keeping up with workouts and runs. I'm good with the gym workouts...even added the squat machine back in to regular rotation, but the run burnout is starting to get to me. I'm in this "have to vs. want to" place with it. So, I'm trying to find positive ways to tackle this while attempting to stay on track. It's going to mess with my taper a little, but I recently learned that my town has an annual marathon and half marathon that's run on New Year's day, and I think that's the best way to approach my final long run of this training. I'm nervous, but I think it's a good nervous and I think my fears are just silly mental things that we all sometimes do to ourselves when we take on a challenge or change things up. The reality...I was going to have to run 14 miles, so whether it's 14 out by myself or 13.1 + a mile warm up...it's still 14 miles. In fact, it would be a good test for Disney. I will be up late the night before, probably won't make the best nutrition choices, and will likely have a couple of drinks...just like Disney. Unlike other races...even the one in my town back in September...this will be on the green belts. Sure, it won't be the sections I normally run, but I'm going to test it some for my run on Friday and can easily do other test runs in this area between now and then and it's the same kind of surface and setting where I've been doing all of my training...because it's all connected. Oh...and family...I'll have family in town, so I'll have people to cheer me on for my last big training run of this cycle. I'm a little worried about doing my long run 3-4 days after when the plan says I should, but I already have a plan to adjust my taper. I'm also not running Disney for time, so there's that as well. End venting :D

Wow, that Christmas campout thing sounds like a lot of fun. That's really generous of your MIL's friend. Hopefully you guys can go next year. Do you sleep in tents?

Congrats on your daughter's tournament win. That's quite a ring they've awarded the girls. I love that she wants a BMX bike. I had a really nice one when I was a kid. It had foot pegs on it and the handle bars rotated 360*. I used to try to do tricks, but mostly ended up eating pavement.

Your Disney marathon is getting so close now! Excitement! I am always tempted to do a half marathon at Disney, but I am such a poor runner. It looks like so much fun.

Sans Souci

I finally made it to the gym again!

They changed my thyroid meds again. Before, I felt horrible and had no energy to exercise. I also gained ten pounds, another sign that the meds were off.

They changed them around. They basically put me on something more potent. Oh my gosh. It's life changing.

I made it in yesterday for the first time in weeks. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, ten on the rowing machine, and then I stretched and used hydromassage.

Today I went during my lunch break I was frustrated over something at work and needed to get it out of my system. I did strength training so I wouldn't sweat as much. Then I went back to work. Joys of working around the corner from the gym.

I have to go before work or not at all tomorrow, so we shall see if I wake up on time. Mornings are interesting because I now can't function until after I take my meds.

I'm glad you're feeling better and you've got your meds sorted out. I like to work out in the mornings when possible, because I don't have it hanging over my head all day. If I don't get it done early, I am trying to motivate myself the rest of the day to do it.

Sans Souci

Good morning. 🌞

Today I did a workout called "Cardio Shred 39X." It used a kettlebell, jump rope and gliding discs. It was ok, but it felt like it was over before it began, which is always a good thing. :p

Today is my birthday and for the first time in six years, I have not made a cake. :eek: I am just not feeling it. My son won't eat artificially colored food and I like to use food coloring when I decorate my cake. I know I could make a plain cake, but where's the fun in that? I am not making a cake for two people to eat. If I had more kids/people visiting, I would make a cake. I just had a bunch of pastries at my afternoon tea and Christmas is coming up and I just want to pace myself. I don't know what I will have instead, but I really don't need one. :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's one of our favorite holiday traditions. It's been going on for close to 45 years! My MIL's former boss/old friend, has several acres of land out in a rural area northwest of Houston. You actually have to drive through another farm's pasture to get to the spot (spotting black cattle at night is tough). The place is heavily wooded, has a stocked bass pond, serves as a deer lease, and is also a bluebird sanctuary...not that I've ever seen them. At night, you can hear the cows, coyotes, and owls. We're also far enough way from the city that you get a nice view of the stars in the breaks in the tree cover. So, what is it??? Friday night, you set up camp and then everyone sits around the fire, guitars strumming, drinks being consumed, and you catch up on everyone's lives. Saturday day, you wake up to all kinds of breakfasts sizzling through the various campsites, more catching up, collecting of wood to build the fire to a much larger size, stringing of popcorn and cranberries to decorate a tree, and stuffing of the pinata. Saturday night, after everyone has eaten and gotten their fill of s'mores, we gather around the fire for a couple of hours of singing Christmas songs. Then we break off into age groups to prepare skits. Skits usually go on for a good hour after that. Then it's lots of drinking, casual singing, and catching up until at least 3 or 4 in the morning. After breakfast on Sunday, we play a football game in a clearing, have a pinata for the kids, decorate a tree with our cranberries and popcorn (a memorial for a friend we lost to bone cancer several years ago), sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas (holding hands in a circle around the decorated tree), and then say our good-byes.

Wow! That's very different. What a nice tradition!! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning. 🌞

Today I did a workout called "Cardio Shred 39X." It used a kettlebell, jump rope and gliding discs. It was ok, but it felt like it was over before it began, which is always a good thing. :p

Today is my birthday and for the first time in six years, I have not made a cake. :eek: I am just not feeling it. My son won't eat artificially colored food and I like to use food coloring when I decorate my cake. I know I could make a plain cake, but where's the fun in that? I am not making a cake for two people to eat. If I had more kids/people visiting, I would make a cake. I just had a bunch of pastries at my afternoon tea and Christmas is coming up and I just want to pace myself. I don't know what I will have instead, but I really don't need one. :hilarious:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

May I suggest: don't bother to bake a cake. The birthday girl should not have to bake her own cake.

Instead, go to the grocery store and buy one. Bring home, and even if your son doesn't want any, it's your birthday, and you should have a slice (or two)!! :hungry: Then, slice up the rest of it, and put each slice in tight plastic wrap or foil. Put in freezer. Then, down the road, when the sweet urge hits, simply defrost a slice and enjoy! It will be an extended birthday for you!!! :joyfull:

HouCuseChickie

Good morning. 🌞

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I agree with @MinnieM123 ...no making your own bday cake! It's not as easy now with all of my restrictions, but I used to go out and buy a "me cake" on my birthday. Sometimes it was something full of ultra sugary icing at the market, and sometimes it was going into a nice bakery for something luxuriously decadent and more refined...like a Sacher torte or Opera cake. And sometimes...I didn't want cake as my treat, and I'd hit my favorite Jewish deli for a feast! Pastries sound great too! Can you tell I'm hungry!?!?! Have a happy!!! Treat yourself :)

HouCuseChickie

Wow, that Christmas campout thing sounds like a lot of fun. That's really generous of your MIL's friend. Hopefully you guys can go next year. Do you sleep in tents?

Congrats on your daughter's tournament win. That's quite a ring they've awarded the girls. I love that she wants a BMX bike. I had a really nice one when I was a kid. It had foot pegs on it and the handle bars rotated 360*. I used to try to do tricks, but mostly ended up eating pavement.

Your Disney marathon is getting so close now! Excitement! I am always tempted to do a half marathon at Disney, but I am such a poor runner. It looks like so much fun.

Most of us sleep in tents. My husband jokes about how our camping situation has changed over the years. We've gone through so many different tents to suit where we are in life...so many different air mattresses to suit the comfort we require as we age...and our camping kitchen set up keeps expanding since he secretly enjoys having more than just hot dogs cooked in the fire. These are all from a couple of years ago (when we actually got to camp), but you can see the tent...

38784384252_6a21bb6f66_z.jpg

27039226329_53019da63d_z.jpg

I forgot that I had all of these photos, but this should paint a better picture of the setting...

Pond
38790510392_a1c9677341_z.jpg

Football
27045280429_cfa3ba9d55_z.jpg

Getting ready for sing-a-long
27039223289_b9cfa88eef_z.jpg

Pinata
38784383412_08d17de4b7_z.jpg

Our Kitchen
27039223429_4a1097dc38_z.jpg

Trimming the tree
30742283734_c72911d4e0_z.jpg

I wasn't kidding about driving through a pasture to reach the place
30742464864_4369bcbaac_z.jpg

Heading to the deer lease portion
27039226389_e3c79b3ee5_z.jpg

I have more, but I've probably already shared too much and I'm sure you get the idea.

Yeah, rings and medals have become the new trophy. I guess they figure most kids get so many and rings take up less space. They are all huge too! This is me modeling one of her others after a big win. It's even too big for an adult!

45608944471_2691849fdd_z.jpg

Yes...only about 25 days left. Magical Express docs arrived this week! Oh, and I don't consider myself a good runner, but I don't know if that's really necessary. I'm very slow and it's often a struggle. Still, there's something very liberating about doing something you were told you can't do and the run community is extremely supportive. I think that's part of what's keeping me going and part of why I chose to make my last training run an actual race....the people. I've accepted my position at the back of the pack, but just keep working on getting better. I'll have to see how I feel about running after I finish training and get back from this trip, but I may set some really challenging goals in the upcoming years. We shall see. A runner whose vlog I follow often says "we were made to do hard things," and I really like the idea behind that...for more than just running.

HouCuseChickie

I put in a short training run during my lunch break yesterday. Yesterday's was part weekday short training and part 5k simulation run. I wanted to get in a bit more, but my stomach was not happy and I was at that point where I just wanted to make it home before there was a real problem. I did see this broad winged hawk over the green belt in the early portion of my run. He was pretty fearless and couldn't care less that I was there.

49204727638_557668213d_z.jpg

And no, I didn't automatically know what kind of hawk he was. I had to Google hawks with striped tails! :hilarious:

I'm feeling better today and got in a gym workout. I've had a lot of good entertainment content of late, so that helps me get motivated for the gym too. My legs felt really tight and 15.5 miles felt like the effort of 16.5, but I'm sure some is the lactic acid build up. I also wasn't wearing my compression sleeves. I have also been getting in my squats and I'm feeling a difference. The real test will be after tomorrow's long run. I will be sore, but maybe I won't be as sore? I have to head out at lunch today to put in a 10k simulation run...so 4 miles during lunch today as part of that building process. I wish I could put in this run after work, but my older one is supposed to have her holiday concert tonight. So, lunchtime it is! Well, if she lasts the day. Her tummy wasn't feeling well this morning. So maybe my issues weren't food related.

StarWarsGirl

I'm glad you're feeling better and you've got your meds sorted out. I like to work out in the mornings when possible, because I don't have it hanging over my head all day. If I don't get it done early, I am trying to motivate myself the rest of the day to do it.
I wish I could be that way, but my body has been disagreeing lately. I don't seem to have a problem doing it after work, especially if I've had a stressful day. But I'd like to eventually get into the routine of doing it early.

HouCuseChickie

I love that she wants a BMX bike. I had a really nice one when I was a kid. It had foot pegs on it and the handle bars rotated 360*. I used to try to do tricks, but mostly ended up eating pavement.

I was about 3.5 miles into my 4 mile lunchtime run when something made me remember that I forgot to reply to this. 🤣

Her current bike is more rugged than fast, which is fine when she goes off trail to avoid pedestrians, but her friends who ride BMXs are faster and a bit more nimble. She's currently got a 2 year old Specialized Hotrocks, similar to the one below...

1576180009974.png

So, he got her this Mongoose in hopes that she can be more of a speed demon!

1576180115893.png

It does say that it allows for 360 degree spins, but as the person who handles the healthcare in this house...I'm kind of hoping she doesn't get too wild with any of this. 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom