working out for Disney

Songbird76

That's so sad and upsetting. I can't use the actual words going through my head, but it's really too bad people have to behave this way. While I haven't inspected every quarter, the ones I sifted through were fairly recent. I believe it's 1964 and earlier that have silver content. I don't think I saw anything that was newer than late 70s, and even those were pretty uncommon in the lot. He did have other silver coins that were set aside and are supposed to be appraised, but I believe that is willed to one of the uncles, so I'm not too worried about that.
Yeah, it is sad that people do such things. But at least I found out before I did any business dealings with them. They wanted to buy my dad's cattle, and they knew I know nothing about cattle, so they offered $700 a head. When I was talking to a friend of mine and she asked what we were doing with the cattle, I mentioned we had an offer and without even knowing who it was, she told me to be wary of any offer from this guy because she knew he and my dad were friends, but he had a reputation and it wasn't a good one. Then we did some checking and found out that the cattle were worth twice that, and he had tried to get me to throw in my parents' saddles for $250, saying they weren't worth anything. But we had them appraised and they were worth over $1000 a piece. At least one of them was an R. Lloyd Davis. He was just trying to snowball us. So we went a different route. On the one hand, I know he did a lot for my dad, but I think he had alterior motives. I think he thought my dad was going to make him the beneficiary and it didn't quite work out the way he wanted it to so he tried to get it dishonestly. And the worst part is we weren't looking to make money. If he'd have just said "I'd like to help you out and buy the cows, but I can't afford more than this, and I know they are worth far more" we'd have sold them to him in a heartbeat.

Songbird76

I'm trying to get my diet and exercise back on track. It's still not perfect, but it's getting better. I've been putting more oomph into my morning workouts again, trying to avoid the bad snacking and snacks/sweets, and just pushing a bit more. The running has just been so/so, but the morning workouts have been good. I ran today with a lot of pain, but I've come to realize that it's from lactic acid build up if there's too much time between run and workout. I also ran at night on Monday and I'm always a little more nervous running in the dark...even when I'm lit up like a Christmas tree! Aside from a cop following me for a bit (wondering if someone freaked out from my flashlight beam bouncing into windows), I saw some of the first holiday light displays going up in our neighborhood. That is one of the perks of holiday night runs and walks...being in the lights! Speaking of...

I set ours up over the weekend, since I'm not sure when I'm going to get another chance. I had to go out there today to fix some stuff because I believe I overloaded one of the circuits. I rerouted a couple of things to the other part of the power supply and swapped out some strings of lights that could have been creating issues. Hopefully, that'll do the trick.

On another holiday note, we got the flooring replaced in the dining room yesterday. Now, I can have Thanksgiving dinner in here :) We decided to redo the floor in the adjacent room as well, since everything is connected, but that flooring won't come in until early December. We still haven't moved in all of the furniture, but I really like how it looks.

49092978501_68a04ebcdf_z.jpg

49093040881_836a5bc527_z.jpg

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I now have FIVE turkeys in the freezer. I think I'm done. I know which one will be coming out for Thanksgiving, but I think I'm going to pull the next one out for New Year's, since we'll have family visiting. Bird plans!

Wow that looks really nice! Is that the kind of flooring that clicks together? I really like the coloring!

HouCuseChickie

Yeah, it is sad that people do such things. But at least I found out before I did any business dealings with them. They wanted to buy my dad's cattle, and they knew I know nothing about cattle, so they offered $700 a head. When I was talking to a friend of mine and she asked what we were doing with the cattle, I mentioned we had an offer and without even knowing who it was, she told me to be wary of any offer from this guy because she knew he and my dad were friends, but he had a reputation and it wasn't a good one. Then we did some checking and found out that the cattle were worth twice that, and he had tried to get me to throw in my parents' saddles for $250, saying they weren't worth anything. But we had them appraised and they were worth over $1000 a piece. At least one of them was an R. Lloyd Davis. He was just trying to snowball us. So we went a different route. On the one hand, I know he did a lot for my dad, but I think he had alterior motives. I think he thought my dad was going to make him the beneficiary and it didn't quite work out the way he wanted it to so he tried to get it dishonestly. And the worst part is we weren't looking to make money. If he'd have just said "I'd like to help you out and buy the cows, but I can't afford more than this, and I know they are worth far more" we'd have sold them to him in a heartbeat.

That's awful. I agree that it's one thing if they talked to you about what they could afford, but just trying to pull a fast one...especially when death is involved. Well, it's just dirty. I don't know a lot about these things either, but we've gone in with some friends periodically to buy livestock at auction and the cattle is always very pricey...even for the ones that didn't win any awards. That's the closest reference I've got. I have a friend who was trying to groom her daughter to be a barrel rider and I remember hearing her talk about saddle prices. She didn't give me specifics on her daughter's dream saddle, but she made some comparisons and I was surprised how expensive they can be. It's amazing to see how people behave in these situations when they think they can make $ on it.

HouCuseChickie

Wow that looks really nice! Is that the kind of flooring that clicks together? I really like the coloring!

Thanks! It's actually vinyl. I don't know exactly how we handle it, but if we flood again, this flooring can be taken up...dried out...and put back down. So, I'm just hoping this can save us some headaches if we have to go through this in the future. My husband wanted a darker color with a different wood style patterning, but I thought the color variation in this gave the room more life while still incorporating some of the darker tones in the furniture.

epcotisbest

Tonight was unhealthy, cheat night, so I made some hot wings in the air fryer.
Served them with some nachos and tater tots. Not the healthiest of meals but quite tasty.
It did sort of look like a game day meal, or plate full of snacks for tailgating instead of Thursday evening dinner,
but that's OK, we enjoyed it. That's the kind of thing you sometimes get when I am in charge of dinner.

wings and more.jpgwings.jpg

epcotisbest

Thanks! It's actually vinyl. I don't know exactly how we handle it, but if we flood again, this flooring can be taken up...dried out...and put back down. So, I'm just hoping this can save us some headaches if we have to go through this in the future. My husband wanted a darker color with a different wood style patterning, but I thought the color variation in this gave the room more life while still incorporating some of the darker tones in the furniture.

Wow that is sharp looking vinyl. We put down some oak hardwood in one of the bedrooms this summer to replace carpet and are really liking it.

flooring.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I wasn't feeling sick when I got up today, so I decided to get in a bunch of dynamic stretching before putting in my long run on my training plan for this week (part of why I took off today). I didn't feel sick in the way that I did yesterday, but my stomach was very angry with me and while I'm sure it's more from the cold than A cold, my nose was a mess. Still, I got in 9.5 miles (closer to 10 when you factor in the walking on both ends). I'm actually blaming my hydration. I had plenty of liquid with me, but someone suggested trying coconut water. I LOVE coconut water, but apparently me and coconut water while running don't mix well. So, it's back to Nuun and Tailwind. I did a little wind down after I got home, but the hydration blunder really zapped my energy. So, I just did 10 min wind down on the bike, stretching, foam rolling, and one round of abs.

In other news, we're getting the ball rolling on fixing some of the flood damage. We picked out flooring on Wednesday, had someone come by to do measurements yesterday and work up a quote. The deposit went in last night and we're getting the dining room done on Tuesday. It's not looking good, but there's still a change the casual dining room may get done before Thanksgiving, but more likely in early December because of the supplier. The casual dining room didn't flood, but the flooring is connected to the formal...so, we felt we needed to do both rooms. The back room is going to be a bigger challenge. While not flood related...I also bought a bunch of Christmas decorations today for the yard. I still plan on putting out a ton of lights, but I've realized that I'm just never going to be able to do the crazy lighting extravaganza I've always wanted. So, I got a bunch of inflatables. I normally reserve some for indoor decor, but with the puppies, we are thinking about scaling back inside for this year.

In other news...turkey dropped to $0.37/lb. I still have hopes that drop more, but I'm willing to buy at this price. First bird of the season!!! Any guesses on the weight???

View attachment 425999
Already been answered but I was going to guess 22-23 pounds

HouCuseChickie

Wow that is sharp looking vinyl. We put down some oak hardwood in one of the bedrooms this summer to replace carpet and are really liking it.

View attachment 427738

Your floors are beautiful! Hopefully Snow approved as well! We have wood in two of our rooms, but I just couldn't justify spending for it in this room since there's the potential that we could flood again. What you have reminds me a bit of what we had done in our last house. It dried more matte, but this is what it looked like right after they put down the finish.

34027846822_dacc58c764_z.jpg

HouCuseChickie

@HouCuseChickie those lamps look kinda familiar, except ours has a conventional shade instead of torchiere.

View attachment 427796

Come to think of it, I think Lowes had both versions when we bought ours. The room we turned into the dining room wasn't wired for overhead lighting and we didn't want to mess with sheet rock repairs, so these along with a brass table lamp light the room.

HouCuseChickie

This is a "rest" week, so my long run for the weekend was only 4 miles. I took the day off from work so I could get it in today (along with a light gym cross training workout), since we are supposed to go to a memorial party for my FIL tomorrow. We also had a Thanksgiving feast at the younger one's school, so I needed to run before that. It was on the muggy side during the run...73 degrees with 99% humidity, but it looked fall-ish. We rarely see much fall, but we suspect our recent colder than normal cold snaps made the trees respond more dramatically. No, it's not like fall in the northeast, but it's still nice for us.

49105398187_63074f6f09_z.jpg

49105396307_7eeb3ef29b_z.jpg

49104711998_a4a47893bb_z.jpg

49105423887_903a2b980f_z.jpg

49104702688_14ab42f390_z.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom