working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
We got a little freezing rain then about one inch of snow on top, making some roads impassable. Snow I like, icy roads not so much. Offices and schools closed everywhere around here. We are both at home, working online as best we can. How are things over your way?
Good morning. We have 3 inches of just snow. No ice. My DH is in Charlotte for meetings and it has just started there. Hopefully he can head home this afternoon. DD is in Greensboro where it is already snowing a lot. She is to get the most.

epcotisbest

So I tried something a bit different this evening and thought I would share it here. Made some tomato-basil soup in the Vitamix. Cooked it right in the blender, and while I had my doubts, it worked just like they claim. This was very tasty. I just kinda made up the recipe and maybe put too many spices in it, but overall it was still good.
I used several roma tomatoes, a can of low-sodium chicken broth, about 1/4 red onion, a small stalk of celery, a half can tomato paste, a drizzle of olive oil, about a half teaspoon of minced garlic, red pepper, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and a small amount of heavy whipping cream. It took about seven minutes on high in the Vitamix to get piping hot. I think next time I will use less broth and add some assorted precooked veggies at the end and just give them a little pulse in the blender to make this into a chunky soup instead of so thin and creamy, but still good on this cold day.

vitamixsoup.jpgvitamixsoup2.jpgvitamixsoup3.jpg

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Sorry for not checking in for a bit. 4 day weekend followed by 2 snow days. We're all safe and the power stayed on:joyfull: keeping up with the boys, YWT and LS has been all I can do:banghead:

Yay for power staying on. We have gas heat, so when the power goes out, we are OK here. Many years ago, during a particularly viscous winter storm, the power was out for almost a week, we could not go anywhere, and we started enjoying the peace and quiet and candle lit house in the evenings. We took food out of the freezer and kept it in boxes on the screened in porch, and grilled our meals. Not something I would want to do often, but we managed to make the most of it.

93boomer

Premium Member
Yay for power staying on. We have gas heat, so when the power goes out, we are OK here. Many years ago, during a particularly viscous winter storm, the power was out for almost a week, we could not go anywhere, and we started enjoying the peace and quiet and candle lit house in the evenings. We took food out of the freezer and kept it in boxes on the screened in porch, and grilled our meals. Not something I would want to do often, but we managed to make the most of it.
You gotta do what you gotta do in those situations. I am prepared too but so far only internet modem has gone out in a storm. Power has stayed on.

93boomer

Premium Member
So I tried something a bit different this evening and thought I would share it here. Made some tomato-basil soup in the Vitamix. Cooked it right in the blender, and while I had my doubts, it worked just like they claim. This was very tasty. I just kinda made up the recipe and maybe put too many spices in it, but overall it was still good.
I used several roma tomatoes, a can of low-sodium chicken broth, about 1/4 red onion, a small stalk of celery, a half can tomato paste, a drizzle of olive oil, about a half teaspoon of minced garlic, red pepper, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and a small amount of heavy whipping cream. It took about seven minutes on high in the Vitamix to get piping hot. I think next time I will use less broth and add some assorted precooked veggies at the end and just give them a little pulse in the blender to make this into a chunky soup instead of so thin and creamy, but still good on this cold day.

View attachment 257195View attachment 257196View attachment 257197
That looks really good! :hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
That's how we lived after Sandy. Thank goodness it was only a week for us.

epcotisbest

So we had ice and light snow just the other day, then windy and cold with lows in the low teens with single digit windchills and today it is 65 already.
Gonna grill some things and do some walking this afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom