working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello-

Yesterday I did an upper body workout with gliding discs and a pair of dumbbells. It looked so innocent on paper, but when I did it, it was sinister. LOL

I got my hair done today, and I'd like to keep it blown out before getting sweaty again. I am taking a day off. I did walk to and from the salon, so it's not like I was totally inactive. The salon is two miles away and I had to jump over big puddles of melting snow and snowdrifts to get there. It was kind of a workout, anyway. :hilarious:

Sans Souci

Well, I feel a whole lot better and I don't have a fever anymore...it's just the dang cough. I think it's worse because it's right after Christmas vacation, so it was like...2 weeks of the kids being home and not having to make the school runs so the only exercise was work....and then getting sick, so I couldn't even go to work every time I was scheduled (I actually only skipped one day) and now, when I was supposed to be back to the routine this week, DS is sick so I STILL don't have the normal routine with the school run. He'll go back for sure by Monday, so it will be fine next week. I'm just tired of the sickies!!

How about you? Is the weather finally cooperating?

It always seems like coughs hang around forever, long after nasal congestion is gone. It always feels like, for me, the coughing peaks at night while I am trying to sleep. I hope you're all better soon.

Sans Souci

Good morning YWT psoted late so I did 2 LS miles to start. I've already got the rice and beans done, chick peas are in the pressure cooker, I am going to start the tangerine quinoa in a few and then chop and marinate cukes, tomatoes and onions. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the mushrooms I need to use. I'm thinking about stuffing them

My vote is stuffing them, too. I love stuffed mushrooms. What you stuff yours with? I love all sorts of mushrooms. :hungry::inlove:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, I feel a whole lot better and I don't have a fever anymore...it's just the dang cough. I think it's worse because it's right after Christmas vacation, so it was like...2 weeks of the kids being home and not having to make the school runs so the only exercise was work....and then getting sick, so I couldn't even go to work every time I was scheduled (I actually only skipped one day) and now, when I was supposed to be back to the routine this week, DS is sick so I STILL don't have the normal routine with the school run. He'll go back for sure by Monday, so it will be fine next week. I'm just tired of the sickies!!

How about you? Is the weather finally cooperating?
Yesterday and today were great for walking:inlove: Tomorrow it's going to rain so I'll get my errands run then before the cold returns:cautious:

Songbird76

Hello-

Yesterday I did an upper body workout with gliding discs and a pair of dumbbells. It looked so innocent on paper, but when I did it, it was sinister. LOL

I got my hair done today, and I'd like to keep it blown out before getting sweaty again. I am taking a day off. I did walk to and from the salon, so it's not like I was totally inactive. The salon is two miles away and I had to jump over big puddles of melting snow and snowdrifts to get there. It was kind of a workout, anyway. :hilarious:
It totally counts! If I can count my bike ride to pick up the boy child from school, you get to claim the 4 mile walk. And you deserve a day off now and then, too!!

It always seems like coughs hang around forever, long after nasal congestion is gone. It always feels like, for me, the coughing peaks at night while I am trying to sleep. I hope you're all better soon.
Thanks, and yes, everyone who's gotten this bug has said the cough hangs on FOREVER! I've had it now for a little over 2 weeks. But last night was just so embarrassing. I was at work, and I'm fine as long as I don't get winded...I made it to 10,000 steps before break, and I was doing well. We get to the last 15 minutes and that's when we really have to hustle, because we have to get all the orders that are in before 11pm done. And we only work until 11, so those last few orders that trickle in, we have to be quick, and the truck driver has to stand there and wait until we're finished. So I was helping another gal packing at her station because I was done with my station. And the cart filled up, so I kept having to run between our station and another station to put the boxes in a cart that wasn't full. And then all of them were full..so I had to run and get another cart. And then the printer ran out of paper, and the place at our station where we keep the paper had an empty box and I didn't see that someone had MOVED the full box, so I ran to another station to grab a stack of paper. It was just constant running back and forth and I didn't even realize how much I was hacking until everyone was staring at me. So I go grab my water bottle and swig down about half of it, then continue working, but everyone was looking at me now, and then the boss is calling to me telling me to STOP....SLOW DOWN! I don't know if they thought I was going to lose a lung or pass out, or what, but it was kind of an over-reaction...but it means I must have sounded a LOT worse than it really was. Nice that they were concerned, but I hate being the center of attention for GOOD things, let alone for something embarrassing like a coughing fit. One of the gals brought me a glass of water (mine was gone) and another told me I was done...(and really, it was the last minute, so we were ALL pretty much done). I just said "Yes, mom." It was more embarrassing than anything.

My vote is stuffing them, too. I love stuffed mushrooms. What you stuff yours with? I love all sorts of mushrooms. :hungry::inlove:
Mmmm....stuffed mushrooms. I stuff mine with bacon, bread crumbs, parmesean cheese, Spinach, onion, garlic, and italian seasoning, and of course salt and peper. Then I sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top before I bake them.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning!! Rainy, dark, and dreary here! Ugh! Cleaning house and packing for DH this weekend. He has to go to meetings out of town for 3 days. Fun!! And the colder weather will be here while heā€™s gone. :(
Dinner will be a Texas chili recipe that I found in my instapot cookbook.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Aww thanks!! šŸ˜No it is the other one but it is just a pulled muscle. Feeling better today. I could feel a tug when I lifted a weight and instinct said to stop.

Yup, that's key -- listen to your instincts. Take that little extra time to let it heal. I'm always amazed at the people who try to rush healing . . . it backfires. I always think of my nurse friend's favorite piece of advice to all her patients, "Sometimes you have to move slower, to move (progress) faster . . . "

Songbird76

Good morning!! Rainy, dark, and dreary here! Ugh! Cleaning house and packing for DH this weekend. He has to go to meetings out of town for 3 days. Fun!! And the colder weather will be here while heā€™s gone. :(
Dinner will be a Texas chili recipe that I found in my instapot cookbook.
Sympathy like! I hope it doesn't get too bad....sounds like you are prepared though. Chili is excellent cold weather fare!

93boomer

Premium Member
Sympathy like! I hope it doesn't get too bad....sounds like you are prepared though. Chili is excellent cold weather fare!
Thanks @Songbird76 I'm good to go. Made DH check on the back up generator, outdoor lights-make sure they are all working in case someone walks around the house at night while I'm alone. Things like that. We had some wind in our county, so he had to go into work around noon for about 5 hrs. He leaves tomorrow but will be back on Wed.
The chili was awesome!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning we've been very busy. I'm up to day 14 Yoga with Tim and as 've said before it's a workout. I've also tried Killer Cardio this week JM and killer says it all:hilarious: and as always with this weather LS just to get my step in:joyfull::(:arghh::banghead: Yesterday was cooking day and I had a sous chef :joyfull: We got the stuffed mushrooms with sherry sauce on the side, deep dish pizzas(with cheese and with "cheese"), mousakka, unfried rice and a pot of spicy beans and greens done.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good afternoon! Lost our modem this weekend so I am behind. No wifi is not good. No internet is not good. I am spoiled. :joyfull: Tried to only use my iPhone sparingly to not use up all my data. :arghh: Anyways, we had a good weekend. Did some things around the house until DH got called into work lunchtime Sat. But, he did get back home around dinnertime so we got to go out and eat. We just had some wind and they needed some scouts to go check on some outage calls. Sunday afternoon he headed to his meetings out of town until Wed. So, last night I had to pull out the ole blu-ray player and watch DVDs. We cut the cord and watch slingtv now but no wifi so no tv. I pulled out 3 that I hadn't watched in a very long time--Finding Neverland, Lilo and Stitch, and Up. I bawled my eyes out all night. I just had to pick all the saddest ones. :cry:
This morning I ran to our local cable company to pick up a new modem. And now I have internet. Yayyy!! I may bundle up and walk outside even though it's cold. But, it is sunny and 36. Dinner for one will be reheated leftover fajitas my DH brought home. :hungry:

Songbird76

Good afternoon! Lost our modem this weekend so I am behind. No wifi is not good. No internet is not good. I am spoiled. :joyfull: Tried to only use my iPhone sparingly to not use up all my data. :arghh: Anyways, we had a good weekend. Did some things around the house until DH got called into work lunchtime Sat. But, he did get back home around dinnertime so we got to go out and eat. We just had some wind and they needed some scouts to go check on some outage calls. Sunday afternoon he headed to his meetings out of town until Wed. So, last night I had to pull out the ole blu-ray player and watch DVDs. We cut the cord and watch slingtv now but no wifi so no tv. I pulled out 3 that I hadn't watched in a very long time--Finding Neverland, Lilo and Stitch, and Up. I bawled my eyes out all night. I just had to pick all the saddest ones. :cry:
This morning I ran to our local cable company to pick up a new modem. And now I have internet. Yayyy!! I may bundle up and walk outside even though it's cold. But, it is sunny and 36. Dinner for one will be reheated leftover fajitas my DH brought home. :hungry:
Sympathy like. Glad you got a new one...I hate it when something happens and I don't know when we will have internet again. I can actually live without it quite easily IF I know when we are getting it back. I love to read, and to craft...so I can find stuff to keep me busy. But I don't like the suspense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom