working out for Disney

epcotisbest

@epcotisbest I forgot to ask you yesterday but seeing your new Christmas grill, I remembered. My DH wanted to know if your tabletop griddle gets too hot to sit on a wooden table. And if the sides get really hot. He is thinking about getting one but is trying to figure out if he can build a fold-down table on the wall in the screened-in porch to sit it on. Thanks! ps like the new grill.

Yes, it gets way too hot to sit on a wooden table. The sides do get hot too. I would not even consider that fold-down table idea on a screened in porch. Of course, I like to be safe. Mine is on a metal mesh top table and I have it elevated on bricks to provide an additional air space underneath.
This information comes directly from the owner's manual:
PRECAUTIONS:
• Do not operate BLACKSTONE 17” Griddle any closer than 36 inches from any combustible construction, including walls and ceilings. Never use indoors.
• Do not use this appliance under overhead combustible surfaces. This appliance shall be used only outdoors, and shall not be used in a building, garage, or any other enclosed area.

93boomer

Premium Member
Yes, it gets way too hot to sit on a wooden table. The sides do get hot too. I would not even consider that fold-down table idea on a screened in porch. Of course, I like to be safe. Mine is on a metal mesh top table and I have it elevated on bricks to provide an additional air space underneath.
This information comes directly from the owner's manual:
PRECAUTIONS:
• Do not operate BLACKSTONE 17” Griddle any closer than 36 inches from any combustible construction, including walls and ceilings. Never use indoors.
• Do not use this appliance under overhead combustible surfaces. This appliance shall be used only outdoors, and shall not be used in a building, garage, or any other enclosed area.
Thanks for the info!! Yeah I was wondering about the wood table. I think he was thinking that it was like a George grill type grill that won’t get too hot. This helps a lot. I will tell him.

Songbird76

Good morning all! Just messing around the house today. Do not know where the sun went that the weather people said we were getting all week. :rolleyes: Cloudy and cooler this morning. Got my walking in outside yesterday. Really enjoy walking more when the sun is out.
Tomorrow I go see the doc about my bp again. I am really hoping this time it has stayed down enough to make him happy. I have discussed it with my DH, and I think I am going to tell the doc that let's be patient and wait a while to see if this takes hold. I am so stressed all the time worrying about if it is going up that it just takes over my life.:( I was not like this before starting all this medication. With the holidays coming up, I have so much going on. I talked to a friend and he took bp meds for months before it started going down. I have been on three different pills in the last 6 weeks. He is a P.A. by the way. Sometimes I wonder if he is grasping at straws to find a quick fix. I exercise and have cut down eating out and hardly use any salt at home in cooking. I can't do any more than I am doing. I actually started crying this weekend because I feel like I can't eat anything any more. Yeah, pity party that day. DH bought me a donut. :) Yeah and I enjoyed every bite! :)
Sometimes things just take time. I hope he understands. Is he consulting with a regular doctor? My little town where I grew up used to have a P.A. a couple days a week...we couldn't attract REAL doctors. My mom called the P.A. " The Almost a Doctor."

Songbird76

I found spaghetti squash!! I found spaghetti squash!! Guess what we're having for dinner tomorrow? I'm so excited. I've looked for the last 2 years and no one ever has it. Today, I go to my neighborhood grocery store and they have a display with several different kinds of squash and a sign explaining what they are and how to make them. (I didn't need the sign, but apparently the Dutch aren't squash people.)

epcotisbest

Did not want the kamado to feel neglected after I spent so much time putting together the gas grill yesterday, so today, beef ribs. Tender, moist and very flavorful. Smoked for 6 hours with lots of apple wood for smoke. Used a coffee rub and that gave it a very dark color.

beef ribs2.jpg

beef ribs3.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning all! Just messing around the house today. Do not know where the sun went that the weather people said we were getting all week. :rolleyes: Cloudy and cooler this morning. Got my walking in outside yesterday. Really enjoy walking more when the sun is out.
Tomorrow I go see the doc about my bp again. I am really hoping this time it has stayed down enough to make him happy. I have discussed it with my DH, and I think I am going to tell the doc that let's be patient and wait a while to see if this takes hold. I am so stressed all the time worrying about if it is going up that it just takes over my life.:( I was not like this before starting all this medication. With the holidays coming up, I have so much going on. I talked to a friend and he took bp meds for months before it started going down. I have been on three different pills in the last 6 weeks. He is a P.A. by the way. Sometimes I wonder if he is grasping at straws to find a quick fix. I exercise and have cut down eating out and hardly use any salt at home in cooking. I can't do any more than I am doing. I actually started crying this weekend because I feel like I can't eat anything any more. Yeah, pity party that day. DH bought me a donut. :) Yeah and I enjoyed every bite! :)

New medicines take time to build up in your system. Remember, if your BP runs on the higher side, that didn't happen overnight--it gradually elevated over a period of time. Now, you're taking positive efforts to lower it, and that will also take some time. Eventually, your body will balance itself out, as long as you are following a specific plan. And your plan of care doesn't need to be anything drastic either--often, small, changes in your routine or eating pattern, can make a big difference in the long run. You'll be fine, and no need to be so hard on yourself. Again, real gains take TIME and consistency.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I found spaghetti squash!! I found spaghetti squash!! Guess what we're having for dinner tomorrow? I'm so excited. I've looked for the last 2 years and no one ever has it. Today, I go to my neighborhood grocery store and they have a display with several different kinds of squash and a sign explaining what they are and how to make them. (I didn't need the sign, but apparently the Dutch aren't squash people.)
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and enjoy

epcotisbest

I was good yesterday, my warden made sure of that:cautious: I'll see what I'm up to after everybody is gone but I'll be very careful wrap and bracing. Tonight's dinner zoodles and tomato sauce, I'm also making an artichoke and spinach dip for the cukes I need to use up

I did zoodles with a marinara and meat sauce a little while back. I sautéed the zoodles in a little oil over high heat, but they left a little to be desired. Seemed too mushy to me even though it was more of a quick stir fry type preparation. Still we liked the veggie alternative to pasta. How do you prevent mushy zoodles, or do you serve them raw?

Last edited:

Songbird76

Did not want the kamado to feel neglected after I spent so much time putting together the gas grill yesterday, so today, beef ribs. Tender, moist and very flavorful. Smoked for 6 hours with lots of apple wood for smoke. Used a coffee rub and that gave it a very dark color.

View attachment 244400

View attachment 244401
Yum!!! They look delicious! My husband had ribs last night, too, but we didn't BBQ them ourselves.

Songbird76

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and enjoy
It's in the oven as we speak. I've cooked my tomatoes, I've made my meatballs, spaghetti squash is in the oven...YAY!! And I got my biking in today AND I have to work tonight. Poor DS...we got to the intersection I hate, and of course it's the same kind of deal coming back as going there, but opposite. Coming back we cross the tracks and have to turn right right away onto the bike path. DS was JUST a bit too late signaling and he lost his balance trying to signal and turn the corner at the same time and missed the turn and landed in a railing on the other side of the bike path. We were lucky no one was coming immediately from that side, so he didn't get hit, but he was pretty freaked out by it and he was stuck in the railing. He couldn't stand up because his leg was pinned under the bike. I had to lift the bike up while he tried to straighten up. There were a few people who saw it and offered to help, but I already had him all but extricated. Poor kid...he was so scared. He wasn't injured beyond a bruise on his leg where it was pinned, so that's fortunate.

Songbird76

I did zoodles with a marinara and meat sauce a little while back. I sautéed the zoodles in a little oil over high heat, but they left a little to be desired. Seemed too mushy to me even though it was more of a quick stir fry type preparation. Still we liked the veggie alternative to pasta. How do you prevent mushy zoodles, or do you serve them raw?
How long did you saute them? I only do mine for 2 or 3 minutes. You have to keep turning them over with tongs so they don't sit too long in the oil. Too long and they turn to mush. Then I put them in a strainer and use the tongs to squeeze the extra moisture out or they are too wet.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I nuke them covered with a damp paper towel for a minute or so depending on how large a bowl when lazy or with sauce. Stir fried with a couple of tbsp of water and a bit of evoo and spices when not as lazy and serving plain. and as always raw always works

93boomer

Premium Member
It's in the oven as we speak. I've cooked my tomatoes, I've made my meatballs, spaghetti squash is in the oven...YAY!! And I got my biking in today AND I have to work tonight. Poor DS...we got to the intersection I hate, and of course it's the same kind of deal coming back as going there, but opposite. Coming back we cross the tracks and have to turn right right away onto the bike path. DS was JUST a bit too late signaling and he lost his balance trying to signal and turn the corner at the same time and missed the turn and landed in a railing on the other side of the bike path. We were lucky no one was coming immediately from that side, so he didn't get hit, but he was pretty freaked out by it and he was stuck in the railing. He couldn't stand up because his leg was pinned under the bike. I had to lift the bike up while he tried to straighten up. There were a few people who saw it and offered to help, but I already had him all but extricated. Poor kid...he was so scared. He wasn't injured beyond a bruise on his leg where it was pinned, so that's fortunate.
Awww poor fellow! Glad he's ok.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good afternoon all! So I have good news!! I went into see the doc and told him what I wanted to do with just waiting it out on my current bp meds for awhile and he agreed! He said he thought I was too anxious about it so to relax and not come back for 6 months! Unless, of course, something goes wonky. That was a relief! My bp went down from 170/76 to 140/? after talking to him. I also asked for a very low dose anti-anxiety pill that I can take only when I have my panic attacks. So I took one about an hour ago to see if it is going to knock me on my tush or not with all the other meds I am taking. I have a yearly physical with my gyn doc tomorrow. So, we will see if I am chill by then. lol
Thank you all for all your support!! I love every one of you guys for supporting all of us on here with our problems. It really helps to talk to others that are not in your family sometimes. {{{HUGS}}}

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom