working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning!! Back to normal today. Got DH out the door! Lol
Got to get some errands done today. It is rainy but not bad temp wise. The fog is rolling in so hopefully I can go running around?? They are calling for our first snow this coming weekend! :eek: We have not seen a single flake yet, which is very odd.
Walking today. Have no idea about lunch yet. Dinner is fish and veggies in foil packs.
So glad everyone had a safe holiday and we are all back together again:p! Have a great day!!:)

epcotisbest

So I have to stop eating the biscuits, hashbrowns, pancakes, pastries etc...I have been eating over the holidays and get back to watching carbs. With that in mind I made a really tasty fritatta this morning with onion, roasted red peppers, jalapeno and diced spam. Whipped the eggs with a touch of sour cream before adding to the pan. It was very tasty and low carb too. It was quite big, so I only had half for breakfast and will have the rest for lunch. My wife had a honey bun for breakfast, which can't be good for her.

fritatta.jpg fritatta2.jpg

epcotisbest

That looks great and yes it is something think I'd make, please share the recipe. thnx

She did not really follow a recipe, but sorta made it up as she went. I helped (or got in the way, one or the other) so here is what we did. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, cut the acorn squash in half, scoop the seeds out of both, sprinkle with olive oil in the cavity and place all four pieces face down on a pan with a little non-stick olive oil spray. Place the sweet potato and carrots on the pan as well. Cook it all at 375 for 45 minutes.
Let it cool a little then shred the spaghetti squash and place the innards in the glass pyrex pan that has been sprayed with the olive oil. Dice the acorn squash and sweet potato and place in a bowl with the diced carrots and onion, add a stick of butter, a half cup honey and cinnamon to taste. Mix up the veggies with the melted butter, honey and cinnamon then pour it over top of the spaghetti squash, being sure to evenly distribute the butter (I think you could easily substitute olive oil for the butter).
Place the whole concoction back in the oven for another 45 minutes or so at 375. Very tasty.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
She did not really follow a recipe, but sorta made it up as she went. I helped (or got in the way, one or the other) so here is what we did. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, cut the acorn squash in half, scoop the seeds out of both, sprinkle with olive oil in the cavity and place all four pieces face down on a pan with a little non-stick olive oil spray. Place the sweet potato and carrots on the pan as well. Cook it all at 375 for 45 minutes.
Let it cool a little then shred the spaghetti squash and place the innards in the glass pyrex pan that has been sprayed with the olive oil. Dice the acorn squash and sweet potato and place in a bowl with the diced carrots and onion, add a stick of butter, a half cup honey and cinnamon to taste. Mix up the veggies with the melted butter, honey and cinnamon then pour it over top of the spaghetti squash, being sure to evenly distribute the butter (I think you could easily substitute olive oil for the butter).
Place the whole concoction back in the oven for another 45 minutes or so at 375. Very tasty.
thnx

epcotisbest

Good morning!! Back to normal today. Got DH out the door! Lol
Got to get some errands done today. It is rainy but not bad temp wise. The fog is rolling in so hopefully I can go running around?? They are calling for our first snow this coming weekend! :eek: We have not seen a single flake yet, which is very odd.
Walking today. Have no idea about lunch yet. Dinner is fish and veggies in foil packs.
So glad everyone had a safe holiday and we are all back together again:p! Have a great day!!:)

Here is Tyson during last year's one big snowfall. My wife dressed him in a rain coat. I think you can tell from the look on his face, he was not amused.

tyson.jpg

Goofyernmost

I suggested we try next time to just use the spaghetti squash as a pasta substitute with some marinara sauce. Think that would work?
It does work we do it all the time:hungry::hungry::hungry:
My parents discovered that little trick years ago. I hated it but I'm not sure it wasn't because as a young person that was adverse to anything that had the name "squash" in any part of it, would have been completely rejected by me. Still used as a substitute by many people today though. Just not me! I even have a daughter (traitor that she is) that has it quite often. She's an anticarberator.

Me, well I have cut down considerably on my carb consumption, but, am still a firm believer that god put carbs in food to give mankind a reason to live.

epcotisbest

My parents discovered that little trick years ago. I hated it but I'm not sure it wasn't because as a young person that was adverse to anything that had the name "squash" in any part of it, would have been completely rejected by me. Still used as a substitute by many people today though. Just not me! I even have a daughter (traitor that she is) that has it quite often. She's an anticarberator.

Me, well I have cut down considerably on my carb consumption, but, am still a firm believer that god put carbs in food to give mankind a reason to live.

Being a country boy from the south, I love fried squash, but the spaghetti squash we have only had a couple of times. When I got diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, it was very hard to give up all my carb-laden favorites like biscuits, cake, potatoes etc...and I still slip up a lot and just say to heck with it and have me a big ole biscuit or half a bag of potato chips.
I did try the mashed cauliflower substitute for mashed potatoes and I must have done something wrong trying to make that, as it was not edible, though some people claim it works. I'll just stick with roasted cauliflower and broccoli and such.

epcotisbest

Oh, I forgot to mention, my wife loved the Fitbit thing and especially the teal color. The first time she hit 10,000 steps she started hollering "look, look, you gotta see this!"
It did a kinda fireworks display that just tickled her pink.
Yesterday evening she came in from the rain and started jogging in place in the kitchen. I asked her what the heck she was doing and she said she only had a few more steps to go to get to 10,000 for the day so she was getting in the rest of the steps. I guess it does motivate.

Goofyernmost

Being a country boy from the south, I love fried squash, but the spaghetti squash we have only had a couple of times. When I got diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, it was very hard to give up all my carb-laden favorites like biscuits, cake, potatoes etc...and I still slip up a lot and just say to heck with it and have me a big ole biscuit or half a bag of potato chips.
I did try the mashed cauliflower substitute for mashed potatoes and I must have done something wrong trying to make that, as it was not edible, though some people claim it works. I'll just stick with roasted cauliflower and broccoli and such.
No, you did nothing wrong to make mashed cauliflower inedible. It was born that way. My daughter has that all the time that she thinks she is passing off as mashed potatoes. I blame the lack of carbs for her way of thinking. I love cauliflower raw or cooked, but, creamed and runny... I'll pass.

93boomer

Premium Member
Oh, I forgot to mention, my wife loved the Fitbit thing and especially the teal color. The first time she hit 10,000 steps she started hollering "look, look, you gotta see this!"
It did a kinda fireworks display that just tickled her pink.
Yesterday evening she came in from the rain and started jogging in place in the kitchen. I asked her what the heck she was doing and she said she only had a few more steps to go to get to 10,000 for the day so she was getting in the rest of the steps. I guess it does motivate.
Oh that's good! She is already hooked on it sounds like. My DH has moved more than he ever did before. I think he tries to compete with me to see who gets the most steps in per day! :rolleyes: Wait until she gets her first badge!! It is very exciting!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
No, you did nothing wrong to make mashed cauliflower inedible. It was born that way. My daughter has that all the time that she thinks she is passing off as mashed potatoes. I blame the lack of carbs for her way of thinking. I love cauliflower raw or cooked, but, creamed and runny... I'll pass.
^^^^^This mashed cauliflower is meh at best. Going totally no carb unless you have a medical condition is usually not necessary and best not done unless under a doctor's care. Oh and before you get on me for not eating meat I have a hard time digesting the stuff to put it mildly and politely:p

MinnieM123

Premium Member

No, you did nothing wrong to make mashed cauliflower inedible. It was born that way. My daughter has that all the time that she thinks she is passing off as mashed potatoes. I blame the lack of carbs for her way of thinking. I love cauliflower raw or cooked, but, creamed and runny... I'll pass

Mashed cauliflower is vile -- it's still cauliflower. :hungover: NO thanks.

epcotisbest

I prepped a nice salad for dinner tonight and we had three different kinds of salad dressing in the fridge, so I put all three out on the table. I read the labels and was surprised.
Ranch dressing - 1 gram of sugar
Thousand Island dressing - 6 grams of sugar
Raspberry Vinagarette - 12 grams of sugar
My wife was surprised the Raspberry Vinagarette had twice the sugar of the Thousand Island. Of course, it had much less fat...you just can't win.
Of course, different brands of dressing have different amounts of sugar. For example, the Wishbone Thousand Island has less sugar than the Kraft Thousand Island.
If I was crafty, I would make my own fresh dressing in the blender and avoid a lot of added fat and sugar and who knows what kind of chemicals. Might look into that. I like salads OK, but have to have dressing to make it appealing.
Anyway, just rambling about sugar content in salad dressing, something you may have no interest in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom