working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I went out for my walk and fell on my tushie on some black ice

I fell on my backside today walking down into my sunken living room, which is like 2 steps. I some how slipped with mug of coffee in hand. My butt took the fall, but I spilled coffee everywhere, including my jeans and the wall. It was one of those times I was glad nobody was here but me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I fell on my backside today walking down into my sunken living room, which is like 2 steps. I some how slipped with mug of coffee in hand. My butt took the fall, but I spilled coffee everywhere, including my jeans and the wall. It was one of those times I was glad nobody was here but me.

Sorry to hear you fell. I heard once that homes are actually some of the most accident-prone places.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If that happens the grocery stores will be packed and there will be no bread or milk left on the shelves. We will probably avoid grocery shopping if it snows. Is that a phenomenon just for here in the south or do people storm the grocery stores for bread and milk up north too?

It's called panic buying, and many people who are familiar with snowstorms up here still go out and buy extra stuff, in case they're housebound for a few days. But that's extreme--most times, the majority of people are not. housebound after a storm the next day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Protein choice tonight is Thai Chili wings. Served with a simple salad with Ranch Dressing. I will try making my own salad dressing maybe this weekend, though they are saying we might get some snow for Saturday. If that happens the grocery stores will be packed and there will be no bread or milk left on the shelves. We will probably avoid grocery shopping if it snows. Is that a phenomenon just for here in the south or do people storm the grocery stores for bread and milk up north too?

View attachment 182806 View attachment 182807
It also happens up my way when snow of 6 inches plus is called for or any amount of ice. I'll get extra supplies like "milk at that point but will do my own bread baking thank you:p

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Are you ok? I knew I should have sent us all some bubble wrap for Christmas:hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. Maybe it's because it's colder or maybe I just didn't quite feel it but I made it through day 5. It was called rhythm but it seemed more like balancing to me:confused: At least everybody's lunches are packed and my salad for lunch is chopped. I have no clue what I'm having for dinner because the boys have pasta and "meatballs" and I'm not feeling that. I'll most likely just throw together a stir fry of some sort or a quick curry. Come to think of it curry does sound good:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's called panic buying, and many people who are familiar with snowstorms up here still go out and buy extra stuff, in case they're housebound for a few days. But that's extreme--most times, the majority of people are not. housebound after a storm the next day.
We're good up to 6 inches of carp or so after that things get dicey. Even if I can get out it's not worth risking it for me unless I have to be some place important. When I was just outside the city even with a blizzard the longest we were stuck inside was 2 days. Up here in the middle of nowhere 6 days stuck inside has happened

epcotisbest

We live in an area where it only snows maybe once or twice per year. Drivers freak out, and travel gets crazy. We have actually had schools cancelled because of the forecast of snow. A couple of times the forecast was wrong, there was zero snow and schools were already cancelled. You can't then reschedule classes. That concerns parents who have to find somewhere for school kids when classes are cancelled, or they have to take off work to stay home with them.
Our current forecast is for anywhere from a trace to up to three inches of snow starting tomorrow night and yes, on the local news this morning they showed some grocery stores that already had empty bread shelves.
And, six inches of snow or more just cripples the whole area.

epcotisbest

I have a small shank portion ham that was on sale for .89 cents per pound that I am going to put on the grill this evening with some cherry wood for smoke. Smoked ham is very good and this will give us something to eat on for several days. Wife will enjoy ham sandwiches and I will skip the bread and just have ham with...more ham.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a small shank portion ham that was on sale for .89 cents per pound that I am going to put on the grill this evening with some cherry wood for smoke. Smoked ham is very good and this will give us something to eat on for several days. Wife will enjoy ham sandwiches and I will skip the bread and just have ham with...more ham.
I'm sure you will be extra good for one meal and have salad with ham in it if you do that the ham will last even longer in case you get stuck inside with the snow:joyfull:

epcotisbest

So they have changed our winter storm watch to a winter storm warning and are now saying a possibility of four to six inches of snow starting tomorrow evening. Could be interesting. I personally like snow if it comes and goes quickly. If it lingers and turns to mush and refreezes that is a different story. Have to take my wife to the airport early Monday morning, so I really hope whatever we get is gone by then. Hate driving to the airport in good weather, really hate it on mushy roads.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
So they have changed our winter storm watch to a winter storm warning and are now saying a possibility of four to six inches of snow starting tomorrow evening. Could be interesting. I personally like snow if it comes and goes quickly. If it lingers and turns to mush and refreezes that is a different story. Have to take my wife to the airport early Monday morning, so I really hope whatever we get is gone by then. Hate driving to the airport in good weather, really hate it on mushy roads.
I'm sorry to hear that! How bad will things be screwed up if you get 6 inches? and do you even own a snow shovel?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Six inches means things will be impassable. Our little back roads don't even get scraped, you just wait till it melts. What is a snow shovel?
I remember seeing on the news an inch shut down Atlanta for days. Better get some nice healthy salad fixings on the way home. There usually isn't a run on those(except by me):confused: Snow shovel. noun, object used for removing snow from unwanted areas. Use of one burns lots of calories according to my boys, that's the excuse they use for eating fourths:hilarious:

93boomer

Premium Member
Well that wasn't good! My DH took a spill in the Walmart parking lot last week ( shh don't tell him I told you) right behind me. Almost tripped me up too! He was all right. He wasn't looking where he was going and tripped over his two left feet. It's funny now but I was worried that he could have been badly hurt.

93boomer

Premium Member
Yeah we have that same warning! I am like you. Hope it goes fast. Wouldn't mind a pretty snow but melt by Sunday! I ran out this morning to pick up some snacks and cat food. The stores were dead but it was around 9. I bet they are full now.
You two be careful and keeping fingers crossed the roads are clear for Monday! :)

epcotisbest

I remember seeing on the news an inch shut down Atlanta for days. Better get some nice healthy salad fixings on the way home. There usually isn't a run on those(except by me):confused: Snow shovel. noun, object used for removing snow from unwanted areas. Use of one burns lots of calories according to my boys, that's the excuse they use for eating fourths:hilarious:

Yeah, that shutdown was crazy. The nasty stuff started as freezing rain, putting down a layer of ice on the surface, then a little bit of snow on top of the ice. There was no traction on that ice under the little bit of snow. It came in quickly and all the schools and businesses sent people home at the same time, right around noon, so the highways were jammed with people and no one could get anywhere. The roads were packed with so many people going nowhere. We are well north of Atlanta, and for us, it was just a little snow, so we lucked out. I remember seeing on the news there were people spending the night in their cars and abandoned cars on the side of the roads.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom