working out for Disney

93boomer

Good morning! :happy: Feeling much better today. I think I have had a bug that was making me feel bad. I still have congestion and sinus pain but feel more energetic today.
@figmentfan423 I didn't know you could use tahini for dressing! I just use it for making hummus! Another use!!! Thanks!
May go to the grocery store since we are running out of food.
Have a great day!! Gotta get some steps in! Lol

A W Reezy

I don't know why I'm just now seeing this thread. I casually skimmed through the pages (396 of them, so forgive me), but is anyone else keeping up with steps while at Disney? Is anyone on a weight lifting program? These are a couple of my hobbies, and I'd be happy to help anyone if possible. I typically give myself a month to diet and hit the gym hard for Disney... Because I'm usually going to add 5 lbs on during my trip (would be more, but the 30,000 steps a day help me out). Now a cruise on the other hand... I've been known to gain 12 lbs in a week! :eek: LOL!

Figgy1

Original Poster
I don't know why I'm just now seeing this thread. I casually skimmed through the pages (396 of them, so forgive me), but is anyone else keeping up with steps while at Disney? Is anyone on a weight lifting program? These are a couple of my hobbies, and I'd be happy to help anyone if possible. I typically give myself a month to diet and hit the gym hard for Disney... Because I'm usually going to add 5 lbs on during my trip (would be more, but the 30,000 steps a day help me out). Now a cruise on the other hand... I've been known to gain 12 lbs in a week! :eek: LOL!
Welcome aboard. I don't count anything on vacation :D I'm not on a weight lifting program exactly, I just make sure to hit all the major muscle groups 3 days a week except when I'm feeling that I need to lean out a bit then I amp up the yoga and lighten up the weights. Please feel free to pop in anytime and any advice you have would be most welcome.

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning checking in with yoga for weight loss and toning(Psyche Truth) OMG I ff'd through it yesterday just to see what it was and thought no big deal nothing too crazy and I was right about that but I felt every pose. Seriously I could feel my muscles feeling like they were wrapping around my bones. Depending on when the snow starts will be the deciding factor on weather I'll do my walking inside or out.:hilarious: I have some parsley and cilantro that need to get used so for lunch I'm going to chop and then toss them with some spring mix, spicy sprouts, cucumber, tomato and some of the tahini dressing, shouldn't need much dressing with all that flavor:inlove:

Songbird76

My son spent half of the day in bed yesterday. Now he has a fever of 103F. :(

My mom still wants my husband to take her into Philly. :rolleyes:
Aw....my DD is just getting over that. Her fever peaked at 104.5 and I called Urgent Care because that seemed SO high to me, but they told me it's no biggie as long as they don't have weird symptoms like drooling, or a stiff neck, and as long as they are still reacting when you talk to them, etc. But boy do I hate it when my babies are sick!! Hope your son is feeling better soon!!
And don't shoot your mom...it's not worth the jail time. My MIL just turns into a banshee during the holidays. You try to help in the kitchen and she gets stressed and starts snapping about everything and making you feel stupid. She doesn't have a real oven...she has this microwave thing with an oven setting, but it only goes in 20 degree increments so you can't set it to 175 Celsius (350F), you have to set it for 160 or 180, and it's only fan assisted...no regular setting, and you have to push all these buttons in sequence and I never remember how to set it...it's a pain in the patootie and she'll tell me to turn the oven on and then get all nasty when it's not working because I missed a step somewhere. Like...first you have to push the button with a thermometer on it, then you have to turn the dial to the temp you want, then push in the dial, then hit START, then wait for it to beep, then switch the setting at the top to a different setting, then turn the dial again to the correct temperature, push it in, turn it again to set the timer, push it in again, and then hit start. And she gets upset that I can't remember all of it and starts insulting my intelligence. This, from the woman who thinks it's too much trouble to look on the package to see how long you are supposed to heat the rolls, and at what temperature so they come out like bricks every time. I think it's kind of a rule that we are supposed to want to kill our moms/MIL's during the holidays. How long is your mom there?

Songbird76

I can top both of those! Ever heard of anyone ending up with black and blue bruises on their thigh--while exiting the SLOW-moving PeopleMover??!!! :rolleyes: :eek: Yes, yours truly, was exiting the ride -- waited for the little door to slide open, and somehow (only I could do this . . . :facepalm: ) started to exit backwards from the ride vehicle. Since the platform was moving, my right thigh banged into the side of the door--because I stepped out so quickly. Don't ask me why, that one time, I exited in the opposite direction from the hundreds of other people ahead of me that day . . . :oops:
Oh I could so do that. I almost fell back into the boat on the Frozen ride, but that was mostly because the idiot guy waiting to board or who was exiting next to me was just standing there with his hand on the post so I had nothing to grab onto to steady myself. I think he must have been exiting because I think it was the same guy who was ignoring all the announcements and holding up the line, etc. He got out and just stood there while other people were trying to get out. But I also got my bag caught coming out of one of the rides...Imagination maybe? And I tripped and banged my knee on the little door thing. Sounds like we're pretty equally talented!!!

Figgy1

Original Poster
Aw....my DD is just getting over that. Her fever peaked at 104.5 and I called Urgent Care because that seemed SO high to me, but they told me it's no biggie as long as they don't have weird symptoms like drooling, or a stiff neck, and as long as they are still reacting when you talk to them, etc. But boy do I hate it when my babies are sick!! Hope your son is feeling better soon!!
And don't shoot your mom...it's not worth the jail time. My MIL just turns into a banshee during the holidays. You try to help in the kitchen and she gets stressed and starts snapping about everything and making you feel stupid. She doesn't have a real oven...she has this microwave thing with an oven setting, but it only goes in 20 degree increments so you can't set it to 175 Celsius (350F), you have to set it for 160 or 180, and it's only fan assisted...no regular setting, and you have to push all these buttons in sequence and I never remember how to set it...it's a pain in the patootie and she'll tell me to turn the oven on and then get all nasty when it's not working because I missed a step somewhere. Like...first you have to push the button with a thermometer on it, then you have to turn the dial to the temp you want, then push in the dial, then hit START, then wait for it to beep, then switch the setting at the top to a different setting, then turn the dial again to the correct temperature, push it in, turn it again to set the timer, push it in again, and then hit start. And she gets upset that I can't remember all of it and starts insulting my intelligence. This, from the woman who thinks it's too much trouble to look on the package to see how long you are supposed to heat the rolls, and at what temperature so they come out like bricks every time. I think it's kind of a rule that we are supposed to want to kill our moms/MIL's during the holidays. How long is your mom there?
Sympathy like.

Songbird76

Just popping in to say the doctor told us to go to the ER. His fever was 104 and it wasn't responding to ibuprofen or acetaminophen. they tested him for mono and flu. He has the flu. He couldn't even open his eyes and it was a struggle to get him to walk from his bed to the car. Ironically, we tried to get flu shots a few weeks ago, but CVS was out. So, I guess we're all in for the flu now. I am worried because my 83 yo grandmother is here and she didn't get her flu shot this year. :banghead:

They gave him Tamiflu in the ER and seems a little better today. We didn't get home until 3 AM. I checked on my son at 6 and he was on his laptop. My mom was "nice" enough to wake me at 8 to tell me she was hungry. :rolleyes: So, i got up to make her breakfast. I keep telling myself by this time tomorrow she won't be here. We didn't have time to clear the table from dinner when the doctor called to tell us to go to the ER. Do you think she could have just put the plates on the counter for me? No, of course not.

I am going to try to workout today, but no promises. I am a bit tired. :)

I am sorry for venting. This weekend has stressed me out. I love Christmas, but I felt like a servant this weekend. It really made me sad that I have a mother with a personality disorder.
What does your mother have that she can't make herself a sandwich or pour herself a drink? You have the patience of a saint!!! How is your son doing? Urgent Care asked me if DD had a rash, but she didn't, and her temp did come down with paracetamol. I'm sorry your holiday was so stressful! I think if I were you, I'd go hide out in a nice warm bath and lock the door.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I didn't get to check in yesterday, but I did get a workout in! :) Last week, I put a DVD in I hadn't used in a few years and it skipped. So I ordered another copy and tried to do it last night. Wouldn't you know it--it skipped in the same place! So, I did a different workout by the same instructor. I think I will try the DVD in another player, because I think it's odd they both skipped in the same place.

My husband started getting ill last night he was watching TV downstairs. First he got the chills. Then he started with stomach virus symptoms. He didn't come to bed until 6 AM. He thinks it's food poisoning. But we were in the ER the other night, so who knows what we could have picked up there. He has been sleeping since 6 AM and hasn't been sick. He said he didn't feel as sick as he usually does with the stomach bug, so maybe he did eat something off. Time will tell. LOL

My son is getting even better today. I made biscuit dough, cut them and froze them on Friday. So, i just threw a few in the oven for him this morning. I am just trying to load him up on calories. He was already so thin before he got sick, now he looks almost skeletal. I might make scones for him later

I just feel run down. I am achy and sniffly with a mild sore throat, but I also have sinus issues and I did a new work out last night. So maybe I'm not getting sick. Really all I can do at this point is wash hands, not touch my face and get good nutrition/sleep. I am thinking of not working out for the rest of the week, just so my body can use the energy to fight off any nasties.

Anyway, that's my sickness saga! :hilarious:

93boomer

Good morning checking in with yoga for weight loss and toning(Psyche Truth) OMG I ff'd through it yesterday just to see what it was and thought no big deal nothing too crazy and I was right about that but I felt every pose. Seriously I could feel my muscles feeling like they were wrapping around my bones. Depending on when the snow starts will be the deciding factor on weather I'll do my walking inside or out.:hilarious: I have some parsley and cilantro that need to get used so for lunch I'm going to chop and then toss them with some spring mix, spicy sprouts, cucumber, tomato and some of the tahini dressing, shouldn't need much dressing with all that flavor:inlove:
Haha I just envisioned you in a pretzel shape!! :hilarious:

Sans Souci

Yes, my son had a rash on his chest and I know that's not good. He really wasn't responding to me when I would ask him questions. Plus, when I would turn his light on, he would wince. I started thinking meningitis, because my brother had it. He got so sick and was in the hospital a very long time. That always stays with me.

Your MIL, wow! If you don't have the type of oven she has, how are you supposed to remember the sequence to turn on her fiddly oven. It's really not on to insult your intelligence about something so trivial.

My mom left yesterday and now we are all to sick to celebrate. LOL

Sans Souci

I am going that up. Is Psyche Truth the instructor's name or the DVD's name?

I love tahini as a salad dressing. Sometimes, I just thin it with some water and use it like that. Delicious. I think I will buy some this week.

Sans Souci

Good morning! :happy: Feeling much better today. I think I have had a bug that was making me feel bad. I still have congestion and sinus pain but feel more energetic today.
@figmentfan423 I didn't know you could use tahini for dressing! I just use it for making hummus! Another use!!! Thanks!
May go to the grocery store since we are running out of food.
Have a great day!! Gotta get some steps in! Lol

Glad you are feeling better. What type of Fitbit do you have?

93boomer

Hello-

I didn't get to check in yesterday, but I did get a workout in! :) Last week, I put a DVD in I hadn't used in a few years and it skipped. So I ordered another copy and tried to do it last night. Wouldn't you know it--it skipped in the same place! So, I did a different workout by the same instructor. I think I will try the DVD in another player, because I think it's odd they both skipped in the same place.

My husband started getting ill last night he was watching TV downstairs. First he got the chills. Then he started with stomach virus symptoms. He didn't come to bed until 6 AM. He thinks it's food poisoning. But we were in the ER the other night, so who knows what we could have picked up there. He has been sleeping since 6 AM and hasn't been sick. He said he didn't feel as sick as he usually does with the stomach bug, so maybe he did eat something off. Time will tell. LOL

My son is getting even better today. I made biscuit dough, cut them and froze them on Friday. So, i just threw a few in the oven for him this morning. I am just trying to load him up on calories. He was already so thin before he got sick, now he looks almost skeletal. I might make scones for him later

I just feel run down. I am achy and sniffly with a mild sore throat, but I also have sinus issues and I did a new work out last night. So maybe I'm not getting sick. Really all I can do at this point is wash hands, not touch my face and get good nutrition/sleep. I am thinking of not working out for the rest of the week, just so my body can use the energy to fight off any nasties.

Uh oh sounds like you caught something! Drink lots of liquids. It will help your sinuses too. I didn't have a sore throats but everything else plus cough and headache. I pulled out the netipot and humidifier since it is so dry. Try to rest some if you can. I didn't so therefore it took longer to start feeling well. Feel better!! :) Glad your son is feeling better! Fatten him up! Lol

Figgy1

Original Poster
Hello-

No working out for you! Just do the best you can to fight off the germs. Be well

Sans Souci

What does your mother have that she can't make herself a sandwich or pour herself a drink? You have the patience of a saint!!! How is your son doing? Urgent Care asked me if DD had a rash, but she didn't, and her temp did come down with paracetamol. I'm sorry your holiday was so stressful! I think if I were you, I'd go hide out in a nice warm bath and lock the door.

She's gone, but when I came back from the hospital, my husband took out frozen croissants to proof. He left the box by the oven, instruction side up. She could have baked them. The oven is not hard to figure out. I think she wanted a hot breakfast. So, while I was cooking her eggs and bacon, she asked me to do a load of laundry for her, too. At that point, i had less than 24 hours until she went home, so I gritted my teeth and did it.

She really only cares about herself and when I was growing up, I swear she could have given Joan Crawford a run for her money.

93boomer

She's gone, but when I came back from the hospital, my husband took out frozen croissants to proof. He left the box by the oven, instruction side up. She could have baked them. The oven is not hard to figure out. I think she wanted a hot breakfast. So, while I was cooking her eggs and bacon, she asked me to do a load of laundry for her, too. At that point, i had less than 24 hours until she went home, so I gritted my teeth and did it.

She really only cares about herself and when I was growing up, I swear she could have given Joan Crawford a run for her money.
Wow!! And I thought my Mom broke the mould with annoying!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom